♪ 唤你一声甜心 ♪
♪ Let me call you sweetheart ♪
♪ 我深爱着你 ♪
♪ I'm in love with you ♪
#唤你一声甜心 ♪
♪ Let me call you sweetheart ♪
♪ 我深爱着你 ♪
♪ I'm in love with you ♪
♪ 愿你轻声回应 ♪
♪ Let me hear you whisper ♪
♪ 你也深爱着我 ♪
♪ That you love me, too ♪
#爱之光永恒炽热 ♪
♪ Keep the love light glowing ♪
♪ 你眼中真挚如炬 ♪
♪ In your eyes so true ♪
♪ 唤你一声甜心 ♪
♪ Let me call you sweetheart ♪
♪ 我深爱着你 ♪
♪ I'm in love with you. ♪
大厅见
See you in the foyer.
梅休先生
Mr Mayhew?
梅休先生
Mr Mayhew?
我是罗曼·沃尔
I'm Romaine Vole.
当然
Oh... Of course.
她跟莱纳德是情人吗 直说就好
Were she and Leonard lovers? I think it's best to be direct.
是吗 报纸说是
Were they? The paper suggested they were.
那只是报纸而已
Well, that's the newspapers.
他说不是
He says not.
你作证他九点半和你在一起...
With your testimony that he was with you at 9:30...
他是和我在一起
He was with me.
九点半的时候
At 9:30.
我十点半走的
I left at 10:30.
我在剧场附近
I was staying near the theatre
我们早上在排练新舞
because we were rehearsing a new routine early in the morning.
我回到住处的时候已经半夜了
I arrived at my digs about midnight.
第二天前
I didn't see anybody until
我谁都没见 他们都睡了
the next morning - they'd all gone to bed.
昨晚这个时候
This time last night,
我和莱纳德说
I said to Leonard that I
我这几天去见他 但现在...
would see him in a couple of days and now...
你是辩护律师吗
You the brief?
朵拉 这是私人对话
Dora, this is a private conversation.
别这样
Don't be like that.
他真的做了吗
Did he do it?
没有
No.
我必须说 你的情郎顶开别的女人的双腿
Must say, bad enough when your fancy man's knocking another girl
就够糟的了 但如果那个老女人是你年龄的二倍...
bandy-legged, but when it's some boiler twice your age...
那可真够你受的了
Well, that's really got to sting.
我希望克里斯汀能来看看
I wish Christine were here to see it.
她会怎么嘲笑你
How she'd laugh!
我很受欢迎的
I'm popular.
-克里斯汀是谁 -莫法特夫人
- Who is Christine? - Miss Moffat.
在我前面 坐在月亮上的那个姑娘
The girl who used to sit in the moon before me.
她也不喜欢我
She didn't like me, either.
莱纳德一定被吓到了
Leonard must be so frightened.
沃尔夫人...
Miss Vole...
叫我海格尔夫人吧
Miss Heilger Perhaps
现在开始叫我海格尔夫人吧
you should call me Miss Heilger from now on.
海格尔夫人
Miss Heilger.
我会去找法律顾问
I will seek counsel,
但...
but...
你要做好准备听一些坏消息
you must prepare yourself to hear some difficult things.
他们是情人
That they were lovers.
好吧...
Well, er...
我已经习惯坏消息了 梅休先生
I'm very used to difficulty, Mr Mayhew.
我想 您也如此吧
As, I think, are you.
我回来了
I'm home.
能否请您给我们再从头陈述一遍
So if you could take us through what happened
凶案当晚都发生了什么
on night of the murder from the beginning.
我那晚去教会参加活动
I'd gone to a meeting at my church.
我们给穷♥人♥准备救济品 毯子和衣服
We make up parcels for the needy - blankets, jumpers for kiddies.
她当时已经知道了
And she knew by then.
知道他的底细了
She knew about him.
我早跟她说过了 后来我还有了证据
Everything I'd been telling her was right and now I had proof.
-他已经成家了 -骗人 你骗人
- 'He's already married!' - 'You're lying! You're lying.'
我跟踪到他家 问了房♥东
I followed him! I asked their landlady!
人家是沃尔夫妇
Mr and Mrs Vole!
你是说你和主人曾为沃尔的事动过手吗
Are you saying you fought with your mistress about Leonard Vole?
不 绝没有
No! Never!
我都没吼过她
I'd never raise my voice,
更别提动手了 我有自知之明
let alone my hand to her. I know my place
不像某些人
unlike some.
教会活动之后我留了下来 继续收拾箱子
I stayed behind after the church meeting, packed up the boxes.
就你一人吗
Alone?
别人都要赶着回家呢
The other ladies had family to get back to.
我已经给弗伦奇夫人留好晚餐了
And I'd left Mrs French with her supper on a tray -
经历了那些不悦之后 她想安静会儿
she wanted a quiet evening after all the upset.
我就留她一个人在屋里了
So she was on her own.
还有咪♥咪♥ 那只猫
With Mimi - the cat.
等我锁好教会的门往家走时
I locked the church up and walked home.
夫人 你在哪儿
Madam?
夫人
Madam!
夫...
Madam...
夫人啊
Madam!
那时沃尔已经知道 弗伦奇夫人为他更改了遗嘱
And Vole knew that Mrs French had made her will in his favour.
你听见她告诉过他吗
You heard her tell him so.
可后来她知道了沃尔和另一个女人正过着
And now she knew he was living with this other woman
夫妻生活
as husband and wife.
她肯定是告诉他 别想要钱了
She must have said to him that was it -
他已经露馅了 没戏了
he'd been found out. No more money.
然后他就下了毒手
And then he did that to her.
是他勾引弗伦奇夫人的吗
Did he seduce Mrs French?
那小子很有一套
He had a hold on her.
我第一眼就看出来了
I knew from the first moment he walked in.
为沃尔先生备好衣帽 珍妮特
'Mr Vole's hat and coat, Janet.'
你不该偷看的
You shouldn't watch.
轮不着你跟我说话
You don't have any say over me.
她早晚会甩了你
She'll get bored of you.
要是她先甩了你呢
What if she gets bored of you first?
好自为之吧
Think about that.
厚颜无♥耻♥
'A nasty piece of goods.'
卑鄙小人
A wrong 'un. Trailing his stink.
就这么一脚插♥进♥来
He got in between us.
能别这么苦大仇深的吗
Try not to be so vindictive.
你不能让陪审团觉得你对他...
You don't want the jury to think you have some...
有私人恩怨 你要尽量中立一些
vendetta against him. You need to be more impartial.
我要让他们认清他的嘴脸
I want them to know exactly what he's like!
我要绞死他
I want him to hang!
那咱们更要对每句话都深思熟虑
Then we must choose your words carefully.
听懂了吗
Do you understand?
那你让我怎么说我就怎么说
I'll say it the way you tell me to say it.
只要能吊死他就行
Anything to put that rope round his neck.
对不起
I'm sorry!
-我很抱歉 -快点儿走
- I'm so sorry! - That's enough of that.
能替我...
Please, I...
把这包烟带给他吗
I brought these cigarettes for him.
能亲眼见到你 他会更高兴的
He'll be glad he's seen you.
跟他说... 我唯一挂念的只有他
Tell him...he's all I'm thinking about.
5英镑就让你陪她会儿...
£5 for your company...
后来又给了更多对吧
and she paid you other sums.
你恐怕不只是坐那儿陪着她吧
But it wasn't just your company, was it?
你要是在这事儿上撒谎
If you lie about this,
陪审团就会怀疑你其它证词的真实性
the jury will wonder what else you're lying about.
我不想让罗曼知道
I don't want Romaine to know.
她早猜到了
She's guessed
不过...
But...
她依旧来探望你了 还带了烟给你
she came to see you and bought these cigarettes.
其实跟艾米莉一起的感觉
It wasn't the same, you know.
是不一样的
With Emily.