And also what makes her so completely irresistible.
对男人来说却是难以抗拒的
Fortunately, most women are madly matter-of-fact.
幸好大多数女人还是非常实事求是的
Otherwise, the world could hardly carry on.
不然这个世界就很难正常运转了
What am I, Davey?
那我呢 戴维
You're you, Fanny.
你就是你啊 范妮
You'll be all right.
你会没事的
Lord Merlin was braver than the rest of us.
梅林勋爵比我们都敢直言不讳
Are you pleased about my engagement? No, of course not.
我订婚你高兴吗 当然不
Why are you doing it?
你为什么要这么做
We're in love.
我们相爱啊
And what makes you think so?
你怎么会这么觉得
One doesn't think, one knows.
相爱的人自然知道彼此相爱 不用"觉得"
Oh, fiddlesticks!
胡扯
Well!
天
You evidently don't understand a thing about love.
你显然对爱情一无所知
So what's the use in talking to you?
跟你讲这些岂不是对牛弹琴
Love is for grown-ups, as you'll discover one day.
有一天你会发现 爱是成年人的事
You'll also discover
你也会发现
that it's got nothing to do with marriage.
爱与婚姻无关
I'm all in favour of you marrying, if you so wish,
你要是这么想结婚 那我完全赞成
but for God's sake, not to a bore like Tony Kroesig!
但老天爷啊 别跟托尼·克洛西格这种讨厌鬼结啊
He's your friend.
他是你的朋友
If he's such a bore, why would you bring him to my party?
如果他这么讨厌 你干嘛带他来我的派对
I can't guess that you'll go and marry every stopgap
我哪知道你会和每个
that comes to stay at my house!
来我家暂住的人结婚
Can't think why Merlin says he's such a bore.
想不通为什么梅林会说他是讨厌鬼
Tony knows everything.
托尼什么都知道
Well, yes, that's exactly it, he does.
没错 就是这样 他什么都知道
At least he thinks he does.
起码他自以为是这样
Oh, bother Merlin.
烦人的梅林
You know, I'm starting to think
我开始觉得
that Fa was right about him all along.
爸对他的看法没错
He is a little depraved.
他是有点道德败坏
Don't you think?
你不觉得吗
I'm afraid I have to make Lavender Davis chief bridesmaid.
恐怕我要让拉文德·戴维斯当首席伴娘了
But you'll be second.
你当次席
She's Tony's cousin.
她是托尼的表妹
And she is responsible for us getting together, after all.
毕竟我俩在一起她也有责任
Well, only most unwittingly.
她自己对此都毫不知情
Unwittingly or wittingly, what does it matter?
知不知情 又有什么关系呢
Would you take my flowers for me?
可以帮我拿一下花吗
Take my flowers for me, would you? Oh!
帮我拿一下花 好吗
Oh, hello, Fanny, darling. Come and have a champagne!
你好啊 亲爱的范妮 来喝杯香槟吧
Oh, I'm so sorry!
对不起
Excuse me. Sorry. No, I'm sorry. Excuse me.
真抱歉 不 抱歉的是我
This... There you are.
这个... 给你
Yes, thank you. That's all right. I...
谢谢 没事的 我...
Are you one of those bright young things?
你是那种前卫新青年吗
Oh, I don't know. Would you like me to be?
不知道 你希望我是吗
Not particularly.
不太希望
So, uh... Fanny!
所以... 范妮
Yes? Let's talk about...
怎么了 我们谈谈...
It's time, everyone's sitting down.
时间到了 大家都坐下了
Yes, can we just, um, chat, Fanny?
我们能聊聊天吗 范妮
Well, we will later... you have to say hello to everyone.
之后再聊吧... 你得和大家打招呼
Come on!
过来
Get in!
进去
Well... What do you think?
你觉得怎么样
It's better than Louisa's, isn't it?
比路易莎的好 对吧
There's that at least. I say, has anyone seen Linda?
至少还有这一点 我说 有人看到琳达了吗
Shh, shh, shh! I need to start my speech.
嘘 我要讲话了
Darling, you'd better get out and be the bride. I know, I know.
亲爱的 你最好出去当你的新娘 我知道 我知道
Can we just stay for a second longer
我们能再多待一会儿吗
and just...chat and catch up?
就... 聊聊天叙叙旧
Your train's poking out.
你裙摆还露在外面
It's going to be quite obvious you're in here. Darling,
一看就知道你在这里 亲爱的
in my bitter determination to grow up...
在我一心想长大的痛苦中...
..I'd forgotten we'd have to stop being children.
...我忘记我们不能再做小孩了
Yes, there is that.
确实如此
Can we still be toothless old maids together?
我们还能一起做没牙的老处♥女♥吗
Not really, you just got married!
不能了 你刚结婚了
Oh, dear. I'm feeling a bit lost.
亲爱的 我感到怅然若失
Are there really to be no more Christmases
在阿尔康利家过圣诞的日子
at Alconleigh?
真的一去不复返了吗
Linda!
琳达
Get out of there at once!
立刻给我出来
Tony's about to make his speech.
托尼都准备发表讲话了
Ah, there she is. Speak of the devil.
说曹操曹操到
Come on, girl, get over here.
来吧 姑娘 到这儿来
♪ My baby loves me ♪
♪ 我的宝贝爱我 ♪
♪ I'm so happy ♪
♪ 我好快乐 ♪
♪ Happy makes me a modern girl ♪
♪ 快乐使我成了摩登女孩 ♪
♪ Took my money ♪
♪ 用我的钱 ♪
♪ And bought a TV... ♪ Go on.
♪ 买♥♥了台电视... ♪ 去吧
I love you.
我爱你
Er, when I first met Linda,
我第一次遇到琳达的时候
she told me she was an Honourable,
她告诉我她是贵族小姐
the daughter of a baron,
是男爵的女儿
spoke fluent French...
说一口流利的法语...
..And rode to hounds with the Bicester.
...还和比斯特家族一起骑马打猎
And I knew, right off the bat,
我一听就知道
she was hellbent on marrying me.
她一心想要嫁给我
Despite all that, I still managed to fall for her!
尽管如此 我还是爱上了她
Erm, you see, I think what...
懂了吧 我想...
What sealed the deal, as we say in banking...
促成了这门婚事的 用我们银行业术语来说就是...