His happiness depends on it, and subsequently,
我的快乐取决于此
So does the happiness of England."
因此整个英格兰的快乐也取决于此"
Even then, Linda's fantasies were altogether more ambitious
就算在当时 琳达的幻想也比我的
and dangerous than mine.
更充满野心和危险
I want to sit next to Fanny!
我要坐范妮旁边
Oh, you took your time!
你慢点儿
This better be good, Linda. It is.
这次最好有意思点 琳达 肯定的
It's so hot in here. Talk about back to the womb!
这里好热 像回到娘胎里一样
It's more welcoming than my mother's womb, I imagine.
我想这里肯定比我妈的子♥宫♥更欢迎我
Fanny, it is unfair that you have wicked parents and not me.
范妮 你有浪荡的父母而我没有 这不公平
So you aspire to being wicked and adulterous, do you, Linda?
所以你渴望变成那种浪荡又不守妇道的人 是吧 琳达
No. I aspire to true love.
不 我渴望的是真爱
The kind of which only
那种一辈子只有一次
comes once in a lifetime and lasts for ever.
且永远不变的真爱
The news I have for the Hons today,
我今天给荣誉社团带来的新闻
while of considerable Hon interest,
大家绝对感兴趣
generally particularly concerns...
尤其是...
Fanny!
范妮
Aunt Emily is engaged.
艾米丽姨妈订婚了
No, Linda, you're making it up.
不 琳达 这是你瞎编的吧
I found proof. "My dear sister Sadie...
我找到了证据 "我亲爱的莎蒂姐姐...
Not to tell the children we're engaged.
别告诉孩子们我们订婚了
The captain and I will arrive late on Christmas Eve
上校和我将在平安夜晚点到达
And stay in time for Louisa's party, of course.
并会留下来参加路易莎的派对 这是自然
All love from Emily."
爱你的艾米丽"
Why would she want to get married, anyway?
不过她为什么想结婚啊
She can't love him.
她不可能爱他
He's 40.He must be ancient.
他都四十岁了 肯定都老掉牙了
Aunt Emily had brought me up ever since I was a baby.
艾米丽姨妈从小把我养大
It had always been just her and me.
一直以来都只有她和我
Aunt Sadie had two sisters
莎蒂姨妈有两个姐妹
my mother and Aunt Emily.
我妈妈和艾米丽姨妈
At the age of 19, my mother,
我妈19岁时
feeling herself too beautiful and gay to be
觉得自己倾国倾城又无忧无虑
burdened with a baby, left my father for another man,
不该被孩子捆绑 便为另一个男人离开了我爸
and gave me to Aunt Emily to bring up.
并把我交给了艾米丽姨妈抚养
Goodbye, darling!
再见 亲爱的
My impetuous mother subsequently ran away so often
后来我那位鲁莽的妈妈因为经常
and with so many different men
跟太多不同的男人私奔
that she became known to her family and friends as "The Bolter".
成为了亲朋嘴里的"落跑小妹"
There you are, darling...
给你 亲爱的...
Occasionally she would reappear like a meteor,
她偶尔会如流星一般再次出现
showering me with her extravagance,
带来一堆奢侈品
and I would long to be caught up in her fiery trails
我便为她那流星划过般的热烈
and be carried away...
深深着迷...
...but she would always vanish off again to a new man.
...但她总会再次消失 投奔下一个男人
And in my heart, I knew how lucky I was
我内心深知自己何其幸运
to have safe, reliable, kind Aunt Emily.
能有安心可靠又善良的艾米丽姨妈
Come on, Fanny!
快 范妮
Get dressed, lazybones!
换好衣服 小懒虫
The Radletts loved animals,
拉德利特一家喜爱动物
but more than anything in the world,
但他们最喜欢的
they loved to hunt foxes.
还是猎狐
All away!
都让开
Where is her Ladyship, your mother, hunting this Christmas?
您的母亲 夫人她 今年圣诞在哪里打猎
She's in Paris, Josh.
她在巴黎 乔什
No human being like her Ladyship I ever saw on a horse.
我从未见过骑马像夫人那样好的
And look at you.
再看看您
Jostling about in that saddle.
在马鞍上晃来晃去
Miss Linda takes after her Ladyship,
琳达小姐随了夫人
your mother, something wonderful.
您母亲 真是好极了
Why is that good?
有什么好的
Isn't my mother supposed to be wicked, Josh?
我母亲不是个荡♥妇♥吗 乔什
Here's Fanny!
范妮回来了
Darling, may I introduce you to Captain Warbeck?
亲爱的 容我向你介绍沃贝克上校
Please only ever call me Davey.
请叫我戴维就行
He looked different with his clothes on.
他穿上衣服后看起来不太一样
You must find it a terrible joke,
你一定觉得我们这么老的人还结婚
old people like us getting married.
是个天大的笑话
No, of course not.
怎么会呢
Captain David Warbeck.
大卫·沃贝克上校
He doesn't look much like a military man.
他看着不像军人
Or a marrying one, for that matter.
也不像要结婚的人
Can't see him killing any Germans with an entrenching tool.
想象不出他用铁锤杀德国人的样子
Matthew is frightening, and I disapprove of him so,
马修是很吓人 我也总反对他
but in a way I feel he sets the bar for English manhood.
但某种程度上我觉得他为英国男人树立了标杆
Don't be sad.
别伤心
Yeah, but it's always been just me and Emily.
是啊 但本来只有我和艾米丽的
You'll always have boring old me!
你永远有我这个无聊的老女人
Did you know that ducks can only copulate in running water?
你知道鸭子只能在流水中交♥配♥吗
No.
不知道
Good luck to them.
祝它们好运
Aunt Emily copulated last night.
艾米丽姨妈昨晚交♥配♥了
They were all twisted around each other
我今早进去看到
when I went in there this morning.
他俩正缠绵
Really?!
真的假的
Oh, God! How? Show me! Show me how!
天呐 什么样子 演给我看看
You're sex obsessed. I know, it's true.
你沉迷性♥爱♥ 是啊 我知道
And I think about her all the time!
而我时刻想着她
Fanny!
范妮
Davey! You are a clever cove!
戴维 你小子真聪明
He says these Charles II salt-shakers
他说这些查理二世盐瓶
we thought we'd had in the family for 300 years
我们以为在家族传了三百年
are really Georgian imitations, not valuable at all!
其实是乔治时代的赝品 一文不值
Children, you are so lucky
孩子们 你们真走运
to be related to this extraordinary fellow.
能和这位才俊攀上亲戚
Yes, he's a terrific Hon.
对 他是位了不起的荣誉勋爵
Oh, um, well, we have a Hons Society.
我们有个荣誉社团
If you're a member, you're honourable,
如果你是其中一员 就是光荣的人
and our enemies are Counter Hons.
我们的敌人是可耻之徒
I'm honoured to be a Hon!
我很荣幸能成为荣誉勋爵
Davey, maybe you can influence
戴维 你也许能
Emily on the subject of female education.
在女性教育方面影响艾米丽
It's done Fanny absolutely
就我看来 这对范妮
no good whatsoever, as far as I can tell.
绝无半点好处
She's picked up some dreadful expressions
她从她那个学校
from that school of hers.
学了很多难听的词
Very likely she did.
可不是嘛
Awful words like "Mantelpiece" And "Notepaper"
像什么"壁炉台" "便笺"
keep coming out of her mouth, and her poor husband,
老从她嘴里冒出来 还有她可怜的丈夫
if she ever gets one...
如果她嫁得出去的话...
A lot of men would find it more irritating
很多男人嫌弃妻子
to have a wife who'd never heard of George III,
从没听说过乔治三世
or been allowed off their family premises to pursue
或是曾离家
any sort of normal life.
追寻所谓的正常生活
They have absolutely everything they will ever need here!
这里有她们所需的一切
Church, stables, tennis court.
教堂 马厩 网球场
Why would they ever want to leave?
为什么还想出去
You don't have to go to some awful middle-class establishment
你们根本不用去那些恶心的中产阶级的机构
to learn who George III was.
就能知道乔治三世是谁
Anyway, who was he, Fanny?
话说回来 乔治三世是谁 范妮
He was King.
他是国王
And he went mad and...
他发疯了然后...
Most illuminating.
真是启迪人心
Well worth losing every ounce of feminine charm
我得问问你 这真的值得你失去全部女性魅力
to learn that, I must say, Fanny.
去学习呢 范妮
Thighs like gateposts from playing hockey,
曲棍球打多了导致你的大腿粗得跟柱子似的
and the worst seat on a horse of any woman I've ever seen.
在马上的坐姿是我见过最丑的
Linda, you're uneducated, thank God.
琳达 幸好你没去上学
What do you have to say about George III?
你来讲讲乔治三世