We can't. It was destroyed in a warehouse fire six months ago.
是在凯瑟琳和他谈这部电影之前吗
It was that before Catherine spoke to him about the film?
差不多就那段时间
About the same time.
乔治·班尼特
George Bennett.
好啊 好啊
Well, well.
我听过那故事的另一个版本
I've heard another version of that.
还在加班啊班尼特
Still burning the midnight oil, Bennett?
见过总警司马丁吗
You've met Chief Superintendent Martin?
- 见过 晚上好 长官 -班尼特
- I have. Good evening, sir. - Bennett...
你能让这项谋杀罪名成立吗
Can you make this murder charge fly?
证据非常充足长官
Well, the weight of evidence is compelling, sir.
我们在他的书房♥里
We found the murder weapon
找到了杀人的凶器
wrapped in Hawkin's blood-stained shirt
包裹在霍金沾染血迹的衬衣里...
in his study...
衬衣上还有火♥药♥燃烧的痕迹
there were also powder burns on the shirt.
我们还找到了一张伤痕谷的矿井的地图
We also found a map of the Scardale Mines.
但就是没找到尸体
None of which adds up to a body.
我们还找到了在矿井里打出的两发子弹
We also have the two bullets fired from the gun in the mine
同时在那儿还发现了
where we also found
艾莉森的沾染血迹和精♥液♥的衣服
Alison's blood- stained, semen-stained clothes.
但就是没找到艾莉森
But not Alison.
病理学家检查出了现场洒有
The pathologist estimates more than three pints of blood
超过三品脱的血量
were spilled at the scene.
三品脱啊 长官
Three pints, sir.
你还相信不是他干的吗 长官
Do you believe he didn't do it, sir?
所有的证据都只是间接证据
All the evidence is circumstantial.
你能经常找到一个有效的谋杀案目击证人吗
How often do you get a corroborated witness account of a murder?
不能 我承认 但是...
Not often I admit, but...
霍金是一个有地位的人
..Hawkin is an important man.
附近的人对他印象都不错
Well thought-of in the community.
当他们看到这些就不会了
Not when they see these.
这就是你要的杀人动机 长官
There's your motive for murder, sir.
这个女孩长大了 她不再惧怕他了
The girl's getting older. She's no longer in awe of him.
她威胁要说出去
She threatens to tell.
她必须得死
She has to die.
至于要在没有尸体的情况下证明谋杀
As for proving murder without a body,
以前也有过先例 长官
there is a precedent, sir.
约翰·乔治·海格 酸浴案的凶手
John George Haig, the acid bath murderer.
宣判有罪 没有找到尸体
Convicted, no body.
法医的证据指向了他的受害者
Forensic traces pointed to his victim.
1955年 一个波兰退伍士兵被他的搭档谋杀
1955 a Polish ex-soldier is murdered by his partner.
没有找到尸体
No body.
公诉人声称 他的搭档把他的尸体喂了猪
The prosecution claims his partner fed his body to the pigs.
又一次 宣判有罪
And again a conviction.
长官 菲利普·霍金是一个强♥奸♥幼♥女♥的杀人犯
Sir, Philip Hawkin is a child rapist and a murderer,
这是他逃不掉的
and he cannot get away with this.
好吧
Very well.
谢谢您
Thank you.
去喝一杯吧
Drink.
去补点觉吧班尼特
Get some sleep, Bennett.
为什么我们要回去见乔治
Why are we going back to see George?
因为我还没有结束
Because I'm not finished.
你怎么遇见他的
How did you meet him?
我在波斯尼亚遇见他的
I met him in Bosnia.
他在当地的战争罪行委员会
He was on the war crimes commission there.
我觉得他是个特别的人
I thought he was an exceptional man.
你喜欢他 是因为你认为他是个很好的影片题材
You liked him because you thought he'd make a good film.
不是
No.
不是那样的
Not that.
因为...他像我父亲
Because...he was like my father.
我是说 他是我想象中父亲的样子
Well,I mean he was like I'd always imagined my father to be like,
如果他还活着的话
if he'd lived.
我们到了
Here we go.
医生 我想问问乔治·班尼特的情况
Doctor, I need to find out about George Bennett.
抱歉 我只能向他的家人
I'm sorry, I can only give
透露他的信息
information to his family.
我是他亲近的朋友
I'm a close personal friend.
但不是家人
But not family.
听着 我是电视记者
Look, I'm a television reporter.
我在和乔治合作做一部纪录片
I've been working on this film with George.
他的身体状况对我来说很关键
It's crucial I find out how he is.
是作为朋友还是记者来说?
Because you are a friend or a reporter?
两者都是
Both.
对不起 医院的规定非常清晰
Sorry. Hospital policy is very clear.
拜托了
Please!
就告诉我他能不能撑过去
Just tell me if he's gonna make it!
天啊
Jesus Christ!
妈 你在干嘛 你不能进去那里
Mum! What are you doing? You can't go in there.
我必须进去 待在那别动
I'm going in. Stay here.
你会惹上麻烦的
You'll get into trouble.
如果惹上麻烦 就得你来救我了
Well, if I do, you'll have to come and rescue me.
没事的 萨莎 我遇到过比这更糟的事情
It's OK, Sash, I've been in worse places than this.
有什么可以帮你的吗
Can I help?
我想见乔治·班尼特
I want to see George Bennett.
你是他的亲戚吗
Are you a relative?
是的 我是他的侄女
Yes. I'm his niece.
我很抱歉
I'm so sorry.
- 斯温德尔斯 - 长官?
- Swindells. - Sir?
我来吧
I'll do that.
好的 先生
Righty-o, sir.
如果她不是唯一一个受害者呢
What if she's not the only one?
你是说还有其他的小孩
What, you mean other kids?
他已经41岁了
See, he's 41.
根据我的经验 性侵者不会在这个年龄才开始
And in my experience sex offenders don't just start,
他们是一步一步
they develop,
发展起来的
try stuff out
你的经验?
In your experience?
我在曼彻斯特的扫黄组工作过一年
I did a year with Vice in Manchester.
性犯罪
Sexual offences.
对小孩的吗
What, against kids?
是的 有时候
Yeah. Sometimes.
真不幸
Unfortunately.
问题在于我们调查的对象是霍金
See, the trouble is we've looked at Hawkin,
他一辈子都住在伤痕谷
He's lived his whole life in Scardale.
在这之前他都是清白的
Apart from this he's clean.
你现在要怎么做
What are you gonna do now?
你不会放弃的 对吗
You're not gonna give up, are you?
我不知道 萨莎
I don't know, Sash.
这是什么
What's this?
一些我小时候画的东西
Just some stuff I did when I was a kid.
奶奶给我的
Gran gave it to me.
那是我吗
Is that me?
这就是你眼中的我吗
Is that how you saw me?
我猜是的
I guess.
我只是一台相机吗
I was just a camera?
你永远拿着一台相机
You always had one.
只是想确认我们...我记得 你知道的
Just trying to make sure that we... I remembered, you know.
你说得对
You're right.
我是一个不合格的母亲
I'm a crap mother
我觉得我们应该回去了
I guess we'd better get back, then.
面对现实
Face the music.
尼古拉 嗨 是我
Nicola, hi. It's me.
我们还有汤米·克拉夫的住址吗
Do we still have an address for Tommy Clough?
有吧 你要地址干嘛
Er... yes. Why do you want it?
你能给我吗
Can you get it for me?
他不想参与拍摄
He didn't want anything to do with the film.
把地址给我就行了 尼古拉
Just get me the address, Nicola.
等等
Bear with me.
巴特比 威林厄姆巷 四十八号♥
48 Willingham Lane, Bartleby.
- 找只笔来 - 在贝里克郡的海岸上
- A pen. - On the coast near Berwick.
你不太认同那个结果吧