前情提要
也许你知道
Perhaps you might happen to know
也许你知道
Perhaps you might happen to know
苏格兰场什么时候下班
what time Scotland Yard closes?
苏格兰场什么时候下班
what time Scotland Yard closes?
你看哈 我必须报告
You see, I have to report
谋杀案
murder.
她一直在说谋杀 发生在她村子里的谋杀案
She was talking of murderl Murders in her village.
她说他还会再杀人 现在她就死了
She said he'd kill again, and now she's dead.
我住在威奇伍德 很少有什么人
I live in Wychwood, so there's precious little
可以挑战我的观察力
to challenge my powers of observation
直到你出现了
Until you arrived.
你来错地方了吧 先生
Think you'll find you're in the wrong place, sir.
勋爵大人和其他客人在房♥内等您
His Lordship and the other guests'll be inside the house.
惠特菲尔德勋爵
Lord Whitfield?
这是个新城 会传颂我的名字
This is a new town, carrying my name!
布里奇特 你为什么要嫁给那种男人
Bridget, why are you marrying that man?
这些药你一直有存货吗
You keep these in stock?
不过是可待因止咳糖浆罢了 怎么 你要来点吗
Just a codeine linctus Why? Want some?
不
Nooo!
我最深的哀悼 萝丝小姐
My deepest condolences, Miss Rose.
汉伯比太太
Mrs Humbleby.
我们能聊几句吗
I wondered if we might speak?
你不如陪我们一起吧
Why don't you accompany us?
我们要和托马斯医生讨论一下验尸的事
We're meeting Dr Thomas at the surgery to discuss the autopsy.
自从来到威奇伍德
You see, since coming to Wychwood,
我就被这里发生意外的次数震惊到了
I've been struck by the number of...accidents.
而托马斯医生则给所有受害人都看过诊
And that Dr Thomas attended every victim.
受害人
Victim?
我知道你很喜欢托马斯医生 萝丝
I gather you're very fond of Dr Thomas, Rose.
而他也喜欢你
And he, he has feelings for you, too.
但你父亲绝不会允许你嫁给他的
But your father never would have allowed the marriage.
如果他知道了医生的科学兴趣
And if he knew of the doctor's scientific interests.
你从哪找到的这个
Where did you find this?
他放在这里了 别人看不到的地方
He keeps them here. Not on display.
是谁把谋杀这个念头灌输给你的 费茨威廉先生
And who planted the idea of murder in your mind, Mr Fitzwilliam?
平克顿小姐
Miss Pinkerton.
你在拉维尼亚死之前见过她
You met Lavinia before she died?
在她被谋杀之前
Before she was murdered.
汉伯比太太 你有想过
Mrs Humbleby, have you ever considered
可能有人在你丈夫的药里动了手脚吗
that your husband's medication may have been tampered with?
谁会动手脚
Tampered with by whom?
我们为什么要相信你说的话
Why should we believe a single word you say?
萝丝 费茨威廉 这是在干什么
Rose? Fitzwilliam? What on earth is going on here?
他正在跟我们说你给我父亲下毒的可能性
Simply discussing the likelihood of you having poisoned my father.
下毒 用什么 盘尼西林吗
Poisoned? lWith what? Penicillin?
不可能是药的问题 费茨威廉先生
It couldn't have been the medication, Mr Fitzwilliam.
我丈夫不信任托马斯医生
My husband's distrust of Dr Thomas meant
他就没吃盘尼西林
he never took the penicillin.
不止如此
That's not all
他说的这些话 都不是真的
The things he said none of them true.
对吧
Are they?
萝丝 别这样
Rose, stop!
它们是在这吗 在哪
Are they here, then? Where?
在哪
Where are they?
萝丝
Rose.
萝丝 我没有
Rose, I don't think of you like.
这就是你的研究吗
This is your research, is it?
打入令人尊敬的女士家里
Worming your way into respectable women's homes
扭曲她们的思想吗
and perverting their minds?
就算不是盘尼西林的问题
Just because it wasn't the penicillin,
也不等于就不是谋杀
doesn't mean it wasn't murder.
如果拉维尼亚觉得有什么不对劲 你就必须继续调查
If Lavinia felt something was amiss, you must keep looking
没有任何可疑的地方 但是很明显
NJothing, nothing suspicious, but, obyiously
我们会认真对待
obviously, we're taking
牧师这令人悲伤的离世事件
the vicar s sad death very seriously
不可疑吗前一分钟他还在打网球
Nothing suspicious? One minute, he was playing tennis,
后一分钟他就口吐白沫了
the next he was frothing at the mouth!
中毒了
Poisoned!
我在这里向你们保证 我们正在妥善处理此事
I'm here to assure you everything is being properly dealt with.
那其他的呢 -其他的什么
Well, what about the rest? The rest of what?
其他的人啊 哈里·卡特
Of us! Harry Carter?
汤米·皮尔斯 他们也都被妥善处理了吗
Tommy Pierce? Were they"properly dealt with"?
死因裁判官已经裁定为意外了
Ruled as accidents by the Coroner.
法律就是法律 里弗斯老伙计
The law's the law, Rivers, old chap
那为什么没给艾米做尸检
And why no autopsy for our Amy?
那就是浪费公共资源啊 死因显而易见
A waste of public funds. The cause of death was plain.
除非你
Unless you'd
是显而易见 那就是如果我们中有人死了 就是意外
Right, what's plain is that when one of us dies, it's an accident,
但如果是你们中有人死了 那就要进行合理调查
but when it's one of you, there's a proper investigation.
你们这些人的法律就是这样吧 医生 老伙计
That's how you do the law around here, doctor, old chap.
我不喜欢你的含沙射影 里弗斯
我会把这事告诉惠特菲尔德勋爵的
I resent your insinuation, Rivers. I'll be speaking to Lord Whitfield.
我没有含沙射影好吗 我说的就是事实
I'm not insinuating, OK? I'm stating facts.
你想告诉惠特菲尔德勋爵你就去啊
n And you can tell Lord Whitfield what you like.
让他打开自己的钱袋子 先好好修复下阿什伯顿再说吧
Tell him to open his moneybags and fix up Ashe Bottom for starters.
因为他的房♥客们都住在贫民窟里呢 -没错 说的好
Cos his tenants are living in a slum! Hear, hear...
我为这个国家流过血
I spilt blood for this countryl
所以我和任何人都是平等的
And that makes me any man's equal.
这个地方 已经烂到骨子里了
This place? It's rotten to the core.
我向你道歉 康威小姐
I owe you an apology, Miss Conway.
我表达了一些观点
I expressed opinions that,
但无论我有多么强烈的感觉 都不该 -是的
however strongly Imight feel themQuite.
也许我们应该把强烈的感觉用在揭露凶手上
Perhaps if we confine our strong feelings to exposing the murderer.
当然
Of course.
戈登和我
Gordon and I are
我们今天下午要开个派对
uwe're throwing a party this afteroon.
开派对
Throwing a party?
订婚派对
An engagement party.
所以你最好快点
So you'd better hurry...
不是药物
It wasn t the medication.
但还有谁要杀汉伯比牧师呢
But who else would kill Reverend Humbleby?
我们从头说起
Well, let's start at the beginning
平克顿小姐说 凶手是
Miss Pinkerton said the murderer was...
个令人尊敬的人 他想要证明一件事
"A respectable man with a point to make.
是 但谁会尊敬医生呢
Yes but who respects the doctor?
汉伯比夫妇肯定不尊敬 阿什伯顿没人尊敬他
Not the Humblebys No- one in Ashe Bottom
托马斯医生可能和蓝胡子一样声名狼藉
Dr Thomas could be as disreputable as Bluebeard,
但在威奇伍德 他仍然是一个受人尊敬的人
he'd still be a respectable man in Wychwood.
我已经很清楚在这里权力的作用有多大
It's becoming guite clear to me how power works here.
可我没有权势
And I don't have it
死了6个人
Six dead
6个了
Six.
你没事吧
Are you feeling all right?
你什么都不用说
You don't have to say anything.
但是弗洛伊德医生已经做好了准备 如果你愿意解释一下的话
But Dr Freud is ready for you now, should you care to explain
自从我来到英国 就一直在做同样的梦
Ever since I came to England, I keep having these dreams.
梦到自己迷失在一座森林里
that I'm lost in this forest.
然后我弄丢了一样东西
And I'm losing something...
那这个神器 是你的一部分吗
So this Ikenga, it's part of you?
它象征着我的右手
As personal as my right hand.
是我在成年时被授予的
It was given to me when I came of age.
它是成功的潜力 是指引自己命运的力量
It's your potential to succeed, the power to direct your own fate,
但它又比一个人的力量要强大的多
but it's part of something greater than you alone.
如果你不懂得尊重它 那你就会迷失
Fail to honour it, and you're lost.
找不到自我
To yourself.
失去你的人们
To your people.
失去你的故乡
Lost to home.
我甚至都不知道自己是不是该来到这 在白厅工作
Should I even be here, working for Whitehall,
我甚至都不知道自己是不是该来到这 在白厅工作
Should I even be here, working for Whitehall,
丢下其他人在家乡为独♥立♥而奋斗
leaving others to work for independence back home?