我会尽可能诚实地回答
I'lI answer as honestly as I can.
我一直在想
I've been wondering,
你和戈登的友谊
your friendship with Gordon
是谁提出结束的 又为了什么
who ended it? And why?
我有过一只金丝雀
I had a canary.
他问我 是不是爱它胜过他
He asked me if I loved it more than him.
我
I
他拧断了它的脖子
He wrung its neck.
但他脸上的表情
But it was the look on his face.
我明白了
I see.
FAS 922
FAS 922.
那不是
Isn't that...?
那个
Um, that
那是我劳斯莱斯的车牌
That's the reg of my Rolls!
有目击者在现场报告了这个车牌
Apparently, a witness reported it at the scene.
却没人跟进
No- one followed it up.
霍顿少校
Major Horton
霍茨 这么说就是他咯
Fitz? So, it was him?
是他做的
He did it?
等下 等下
Hold on, hold on, hold on!
你一直都清楚戈登就是凶手吗
Did you know all along that Gordon was the murderer?
我早就这么怀疑了
I'd suspected it.
但他是个勋爵 谁会相信我呢
But he's a lord. Who would believe me?
面对权贵 我们只有耐心
"With the rich and mighty, all we have is patience. "
拉维尼亚是唯一知道的人 你也知道她的下场
Lavinia was the only one who knew and see where that got her.
康威小姐的信 先生
A letter from Miss Conway, sir.
这不是布里奇特写的
Bridget didn't write this.
匕♥首♥哪去了
Where is it?
惠特菲尔德勋爵 匕♥首♥在哪里
Lord Whitfield, where's the knife?
韦恩福利特小姐把它带回家清理了
Um, Miss Wayneflete took it home fora clean- up.
给你 真正的正山小种
Here real Lapsang Souchong.
如果警♥察♥不逮捕他呢
What if the police don't arrest him?
他会来冲你来的 他很疯狂
He'll come for you next. He's quite mad.
就像布罗德莫精神病院里穿着紧身衣的疯子
Broadmoor and straitjacket mad, no?
阿尔杰农的耳朵太吓人了
Algernon's ear really is quite gruesome.
他们不给猫开♥盘♥尼西林吗
Do they not do penicillin for cats?
哎呀
Oh, blast! Oh
这里
Here.
应该可以了
That should do it.
惠特菲尔德勋爵 你说过韦恩福利特小姐是个
Lord Whitfield, you said Miss Wayneflete was a woman
你可以真正尊重的女人
you can truly respect.
但你想知道她是怎么看自己的 自从你
But you wondered what she thought of you since you.
自从什么
Since you what?
说啊 戈登
Go on, Gordy.
告诉他们你做了什么
Tell em what you did
告诉他们你做了什么
Tell em what you did.
戈登受雇于韦恩福利特小姐的父亲
You see Gordon was employed by Miss Wayneflete's father
就在这庄园里
here at the manor.
晚饭前散散步 好提提神
A walk before supper to wake us up
这里太闷热了 不是吗
Oppressively warm, isn't it?
为什么戴着手套穿过田野
#Why do you walk through the fields in gloves?
瘦弱的白人姑娘无人怜爱
#Oh, lean white woman who nobody loves...#
你怎么了 亲爱的 困了吗
What's that dear? Sleepy?
正山小种对某些人确实有助眠的效果
Lapsang has that effect on some people.
我没有陷入那种老套的桥段
I'm not a cliche, you know?
一个受人轻视的女人
A woman scorned
嫉妒你和戈登
Jealous of you and Gordon.
我本来要去剑桥的
I was headed for Cambridge.
我得了奖学金
A scholarship
但我不敢告诉家里人
I daren't tell my family
我想要的只是独♥立♥而已
AlI I wanted was independence!
她是我的朋友 她信任我
She was a friend and she trusted me,
所以她把自己的秘密告诉了我
so she told me her secret.
她本想逃到剑桥去
She'd run away to Cambridge.
但是
But
她父亲说 如果我不肯透露
her father said that if I didn't tell him
她去了哪里 他就要把我们都解雇了
where she had gone, he was going to sack us all
他要把我们赶出庄园 所以
He was going to throw us off the estate, so...
我别无选择
I had no choice.
我就告诉他了
I told him.
我正整理书籍的时候 我父亲找到了我
I was unpacking my books when my father came for me.
戈登背叛了我 你明白吗
Gordon had betrayed me you see?
为了让他自己平步青云
Securing himself a step up the ladder.
但对我来说
But for me
一切都结束了
that was the end of it.
她像个囚犯似的被关在笼子里
They just, they, they locked her up like a prisoner in a cage.
她的小心肝很受伤
Broke her little heart.
被无情的碾碎了
Crushed it.
就像她用手捏碎了
Just like she crushed that...
那只小鸟
that little bird with her hands.
戈登·惠特菲尔德 鞋匠的儿子
Gordon Whitfield, bootmaker's son,
发了财 买♥♥下了阿什庄园
made his fortune, bought Ashe Manor.
我的家
My home.
他夺走了我美好的生活
He took my beautiful life
把我变成了一个可怜虫
turned me into a pathetic nothing.
但我从未表露过自己的感受
But I never showed my feelings.
我们女孩从小就是这么被教育的 不是吗 布里奇特
Well, it's how we girls were raised, isn't it, Bridget?
这是我们的传统
It's in our breeding.
低眉顺目
Show nothing.
逆来顺受
No matter what.
但我要他为此受苦
But I needed him to suffer for it.
就在那时 我突然想到了
And that's when it came to me.
我可以把他变成杀人犯
I'd make him the murderer.
杀了所有得罪他的人
Kill anyone who crossed him
这样一来 他就会受到指控
so that he would be the one accused.
遭受羞辱 锒铛入狱
humiliated, locked up.
他会因为我的罪行而受到惩罚
He'd be punished for my crimes.
天才的想法
Extraordinary.
易如反掌
Easy.
韦恩福利特小姐 -费茨
Miss Waynefletel Fitz
她抓了布里奇特
She has Bridlgetl
那就这样吧
So here we are.
戈登很快就会加入我们
Gordon will be joining us soon.
无名小卒
Nothing!
我这一辈子 都是个无名小卒
AlI my life, I was nothing!
布里奇特
Bridgetl
布里奇特
Bridget.
我明白了
Oh, I see.
现在你是想告诉我 你早就认定凶手是我对吗
I suppose this is where you tell me how you always knew it was me?
来满足你的或者我的虚荣心
For your vanity or mine.
但我不知道
But I didn't.
我曾以为是惠特菲尔德勋爵 就像你设计的那样
I thought it was Lord Whitfield, just like you wanted.
我知道戈登会告诉大家 发生的死亡不过是天意
I knew Gordon would tell everyone the deaths were providence
好为他自己开脱
smoothing his path.
消灭掉 -像汉伯比牧师一样
exterminated. Like Reverend Humbleby?
但我两次动手杀牧师之后 才让你注意到这一点
But I had to kill the vicar twice for you to notice.
敷料上的碘
The iodine on the dressing,
是被猫感染过的
infected from the cat.
打网球的时候 你往亨伯比牧师的饮料里下了毒 是吗
You poisoned Reverend Humbleby's drink at tennis, didn't you?
用的什么毒
What with?
马钱子碱
Strychnine.
老鼠药
Rat poison.
大家都知道他和惠特菲尔德在新城问题上
Everyone knew he and Whitfield had been at loggerheads
大家都知道他和惠特菲尔德在新城问题上
Everyone knew he and Whitfield had been at loggerheads
一直话不投机 -这纯粹是虚荣心
over the New Town. It's pure vanity!
汤米站在阳台上嘲笑惠特菲尔德勋爵时
You were in the library at Ashe Manor
你在阿什庄园的图书馆里
when you saw Tommy ridiculing Lord Whitfield on the balcony.
你的目标是那些轻视惠特菲尔德勋爵的人
You targeted those who had slighted Lord Whitfield.
你看到卡特在水道里喝醉了
You saw Carter drunk at the sluices channel.
于是你打开了闸门开关
Then you opened the levers.