我破坏你的计划了吗
...did I spoil your little plan?
计划
Plan?
相信我 先生 威奇伍德发生的事让我无法计划任何事
Believe me, sir, Wychwood has cured me of my plans.
我是信仰上帝的人 费茨威廉先生
I'm a man of God, Mr Fitzwilliam.
上帝将我塑造成一个
And God has made me
信奉 亲近朋友更要亲近敌人的人
a"friends close, enemies closer"kind of chap.
我一直是个正直的人
I've always been an upright man.
我不依赖任何人 只靠我自己
And beholden to no- one, I stand alone!
上帝和我的努力让我在阿什伯顿成为上等人
God and my own hard work did not raise me
像你这样的人凭什么敢瞧不起我
from Ashe Bottom to be cast down by someone like you.
还有里弗斯
Or Rivers.
阿什伯顿
Ashe Bottom.
这里有你的亲人 先生 还有你的家
Your people, sir. Your home.
对你来说一定很有意义
That must mean something.
阿什伯顿造就了今天的你
Ashe Bottom made you the man you are.
我造就了自己
I made myselfl
我和上帝
Me and Godl
我相信天意 但不相信人
I put my faith in providence, not, not people.
我知道他们是怎么说我的 那些嫉妒我的乡巴佬
I- I, I know what they say about me, those envious dust grovellers.
里弗斯在会上说的那些话
What, what Rivers said at the meeting.
看看他的下场
And look what happened to him
他是什么下场呢 先生
And what did happen to him, sir?
在他们的家族得势 他们的敌人被击溃的时候
Just as the patriarchs prospered, their enemies smitten,
他却被神怒击倒了
he was struck down by divine wrath.
告诉我 费兹 你还记得熊是怎么吃掉那些
Tell me, Fitz, do you recall how the bears devoured the children
嘲笑先知以利沙的孩子的吗
who mocked the prophet Elisha?
孩子 是的 我记得
The children? Yes. I recall.
以利沙是一个伟大的人
Well, Elisha was a great man.
上帝不会容忍♥任何嘲笑他的人活着
The Lord wouldn't suffer anyone to mock him and live.
不会
Oh, no.
或者嘲笑你 就像汤米·皮尔斯
Or mock you? Like Tommy Pierce.
在我自己家里
In my own homel
你知道吗 就在卡特辱骂过我之后死了
You know, after Carter abused me and died,
或者霍顿太太 那个恶毒的女人
or when Mrs Horton vile woman
在理事会上挫败了我 当时我还不确定
thwarted me at the board, I couldn't be sure.
但汤米那件事之后
But after Tommy
然后是艾米 她居然跟我顶嘴
and then Amy, sassing me back
我就确信了
there was no denying it.
我以造物主之名做了正确的事
I've done right by my Creator
我的造物主以我之名做了公义的事
and my Creator has done right by me.
简单地说 我的敌人总是活不长
Simply put, my enemies are always exterminated.
就像哈伯比牧师
Like Reverend Humbleby?
完全正确 你也听到他是怎么侮辱我的
Exactly! You heard how he insulted me.
他拒绝相信这一事实
He refused to see
我捍卫公义 而神捍卫我
I stand for righteousness and God stands with me.
所以也可以说 你心知肚明下一个死的是谁
So, you could say, you know who's going to die
这不是我能控制的
It's out of my control.
我只是给你一个友好的警告
I'm just giving you a friendly warning.
谁敢惹我
Anyone who crosses me.
哪怕是我喜欢的人 比如布里奇特
even someone I'm fond of, like Bridget
我的收藏里又有新宝贝了 干得好 韦恩福利特小姐
What a find for my collection! Well done, Miss Wayneflete.
现在 有一个我能真心尊重的女人了
Now, there is a woman I can truly respect.
有能力 又有淑女风范
Capable and a lady.
不多见啊
Rare.
你知道 到现在也很难想象 但是她真的
You know, it's hard to imagine now, but she was...
她年轻时很飒 独♥立♥ 又聪明
she was handsome in her day. Independent, clever.
她当时去剑桥了 你知道吗
She was off to Cambridge, you know?
我有时确实想知道她
I do sometimes wonder what she
她现在对我有什么看法
what she, um, thinks of me now,
因为我们
since we, um
大人 她的爱慕之情溢于言表
Her admiration is very clear, my lord.
还有最后一件事 你说的神之正义究竟是怎么完成的呢
Just one last thing, how exactly is this divine justice accomplished?
这个
Well
要看上帝的旨意了
that's up to God
不是吗
isn'tit?
布里奇特
Bridget
他说的什么 是杀人吗
What was that? Exterminated?
还有韦恩福利特小姐的那些事
And all that about Miss Wayneflete?
他是什么意思
What does he mean?
也许我该让她解释一下
Perhaps if I ask her to explain.
他想陷害你 布里奇特
He tried to frame you, Bridget,
他把那双鞋放在汽车后备箱里了
he put those shoes in the boot of the car
现在他准备杀了你
and now he's ready to kill you!
杀我吗 戈登
Kill? Gordon?
只是看起来不太
It just doesn't seem
他承认了那些人都侮辱过他 而神为了惩罚这种侮辱让他们都死了
He admitted every single death was divine justice for...insulting him.
一个值得尊敬的人
A respectable person.
要证明的观点
A point to make.
德比马赛日那天 伦敦的那辆劳斯莱斯
A Rolls in London on Derby Dayl
我得带你离开这
I have to get you out of here!
布尔探长永远不会去惹威奇伍德最有权势的人
DS Bull is never going to denoynce the most powerful man in Wychwood.
他想逮捕我
He wants to arrest me.
找苏格兰场 就像平克顿小姐说的
Scotland Yard, like Miss Pinkerton said.
搭上伦敦特快 然后
Catch the London Express and...
苏格兰场可能会相信平克顿小姐
Scotland Yard might have believed Miss Pinkerton,
但是会相信一个非洲人吗
but an African man?
闯入名门望族的外来者
"Invading respectable homes"?
能摧毁权力的只有权力 布里奇特
It takes power to destroy power, Bridget.
而我们没有权力
And we have none.
我有个主意
I've got an idea.
我知道该怎么做
I know what to do.
而且我知道该找谁
And I know who can do it.
好吧 这事交给我
Right, leave this to me.
女士们
Ladies...
我们需要你们的帮助
we need your help.
我想我已经说得很清楚了 费茨威廉
I thought I'd made myself clear, Fitzwilliam.
是的 勋爵大人
Yes, my lord.
只是 还有一件事
Just, um, just one more thing
其实算是个宗教问题
a religious matter, actually
我想知道
I wanted to know.
以利沙和熊的故事
Elisha and the bear...
是哪本书说的
which, which Book is that...?
《列王纪》
Kings.
而且 是两只熊
润 And it, it was two bears.
两只吗
Two? Mm.
他们吞噬了多少男孩
And how many boys did they devour?
421
42.
我不是先知
I'm no prophet.
汤米·皮尔斯的死对我来说已经够了
Tommy Pierce's death was enough for me.
对不起 先生 我没听清楚
Sorry, sir, I didn't quite catch that
我说汤米的死让我很满意
I said Tommy's death satisfied me!
但后来 里弗斯又出事了 那个暴发户
But then, there was Rivers, the upstart.
还有卡特
And Carter.
那个红头发的贱♥人♥艾米
That wanton Amy with the red hair...
你杀了我们的艾米
You murdered our Amy!
住手 住手
Stop itl Stop itl
住手 不然我就 -就干嘛
Stop this, or I will...What, what?
杀了我们吗 你这个杀人凶手
Kill us? You murdering sod!
布尔探长 你们来得正是时候
DS Bull, you're right on time
逮捕这个人 他在这些证人面前承认了6起谋杀案
Arrest this man, he's confessed to six murders before these witnesses.
如果我是你 就不会放了他
I wouldn't release him if I were you
干嘛 行了
What? Oh...AII right.
他是个杀人狂
He's a homicidal maniac.
是你让这些疯女人这么干的吗
Did you put these madwomen up to this?
在德比马赛日 一辆劳斯莱斯撞倒了拉维尼亚·平克顿小姐
A Rolls- Royce knocked down Miss Lavinia Pinkerton on Derby Day.
打电♥话♥给苏格兰场 让他们查一下车牌
Call Scotland Yard, ask them for the registration.
快去啊
Do it!
我希望你不介意
I hope you don't mind
我希望你不介意
I hope you don't mind
我想问你一个相当私人的问题
if I ask you a rather personal question.