Oh, my God. I am so sorry. I'm kidding.
天呐 抱歉 我开玩笑的
Man...
我的天
the things she comes up with in the sack.
她床上花招很多
You gotta love that young pussy.
你肯定爱死那年轻的肉体了
I do. I really fucking do.
是啊 真的很爱
You gotta make it with that young pussy real quick
你得在妹妹老了前
before it turns into Mom.
尝尝它的鲜
Yeah.
是啊
So you were a virgin up until then, that's what you're saying?
这么说来 你在遇到她之前是处♥男吗
No, not at all. Oh, you go over like you're a virgin.
不 才不是 你说得像你是个处♥男一样
What? What's wrong with that?
什么 处♥男怎么了
I was a virgin for years.
我守了好多年的处子之身
Oh, no, there's nothing wrong with it, it's just I'm... not.
不 没什么问题 只是我…我不是
This new girl, she take it up the ass?
这个新处的对象 愿意肛♥交吗
We haven't really discussed it.
我们还没聊过这个
Ask her.
问问她
An asshole will suck your cock right in, literally.
菊♥花真的能让你的屌♥爽上天
It's like a hole that sucks.
就像一个有吸力的洞
It's easy.
挺容易的
But when you fuck somebody in the neck,
但当你口♥爆别人时
it's entirely the opposite.
情况就大不相同了
It's nothing but resistance. It's really difficult.
阻力很大 真的很困难
Let me.
让我来示范
You feel this?
感受到了吗
Feel it. It's all muscle.
感受下 全是肌肉
Cartilaginous.
软骨
Is this interesting?
这话题你喜欢吗
Oh, yeah. Because I can skip some of the detail.
嗯 我可以略去一些细节
No, I'm here for the detail.
我来这儿就是想听细节的
A major college campus.
一个大学校园
It's like a giant candy store, you know what I mean.
就像个巨大的糖果铺 你知道我什么意思
Right.
没错
Your, uh, your mom
你的妈妈
worked on campus at UCSC, right?
以前在加州大学圣克鲁斯分校工作 是吧
Remind me again what she did.
她做什么工作来着
Administrative assistant. Right.
行政助理 对
That's all she lived for, man, her work and her precious coeds,
那是她的全部 她的工作和她的宝贝女大学♥生
whom she mothered relentlessly.
她不知疲倦地照顾她们
Do you think that she neglected you for them?
你觉得她因为她们而忽视了你吗
Put it this way,
这么说吧
she had a very violently outspoken position on men.
她对男人有很深的敌意
She had a failed marriage with my father.
她和我爸有一段失败的婚姻
I looked a lot like him, so...
我长得很像他 所以...
You reminded her of him.
你让她想起了他
Do you think you developed a dislike for young women as a result?
你觉得你是因此才讨厌年轻女性的吗
As far as she was concerned,
在她看来
I was never going to end up with one of those girls
我永远都不可能跟那种女生在一起
because I was a fuckup and an embarrassment.
因为我是个败类 让她难堪
You were a failure in her eyes. Look.
你在她眼中是个失败者 听着
My mother was a decent, upstanding, reasonable woman,
我妈妈是个有教养 正直 通情达理的女人
but when it came to me,
但她对我
she had nothing but contempt,
只有蔑视
disappointment, and disdain.
失望和鄙视
That must've been awful.
那感觉一定很糟糕
Well, here's the thing.
问题是这样
I'm listening.
我在听
Women are born with this little hole between their legs...
女人一出生两腿间就长着那个洞
which every man on earth just wants to stick something into.
每个男人都想往里面插点什么
And they're weaker than men,
她们比男人脆弱
so they learn strategies.
所以就学会使用策略
They deploy their minds and their sex,
她们利用头脑和性♥爱
and they intuitively learn to humiliate.
不知不觉就学会了羞辱
Did your mother humiliate you?
你母亲羞辱你了吗
Ed?
艾德
Lust murder doesn't cut it.
淫乐杀人并不相符
He did not stab, and rape,
他不是因为性♥欲
and decapitate Mom because he was aroused.
才捅死 强♥奸并且斩首他母亲
He was conditioned to do it.
他是被调♥教成那样的
Did he say that? As good as.
他这么说的吗 差不多吧
It's schtick.
这是把戏
He learned the vernacular in the institution.
他在监狱学会了话术
He's sophisticated enough to use it.
他足够聪明来运用这些技巧
No, that's not my instinct.
不 我直觉不是这样的
Is it your instinct he was choosing words carefully
你的直觉告诉你他是在谨慎措辞
or did he just spew it out? Very carefully.
还是随口乱说 非常谨慎
He's got you pegged.
他把你唬住了
He's telling you what he's guessed you want to hear.
他在说你可能想听到的话
But why would I want to hear that? Because you're you.
我为什么想听这些 因为你自己
You told him about your university education,
你告诉了他你在大学接受的教育
and your sassy girlfriend, and your sensitive character,
你风♥骚的女友 还有敏感的个性
and he tailored his bullshit to fit.
他为你修饰了他的故事
Why did you tell him that stuff? To loosen him up.
你为什么要告诉他这些 让他放松警惕
Why do you feel the need to tell him about your girlfriend?
你为什么会觉得需要告诉他你女友的事
Just to get him talking.
让他开口
Holden, he's had seven years in a correctional facility.
霍尔登 他已经服刑七年了
He's been practicing. Don't encourage him.
一直在练习 别纵容了他
I was trying to disarm him. You're a federal agent.
我是想让他放下戒备 你是名联邦探员
Don't give him anything. He's your subject. Be objective.
别给他交底 他是你的目标 客观点
I've gotta trust my instincts on this.
这件事我必须相信直觉
There's that word again.
又来了
So in Fairfield, Iowa you were in the Dark Ages,
在爱荷华州那会 你还一筹莫展
and now suddenly, you have all these unimpeachable instincts?
现在突然就有了这些可靠的直觉了
Well, it's been a process.
这是个过程
Okay, look, there's no doubt whatever happened in there
好吧 听着 不管在监狱发生了什么
was a profound experience for you,
那肯定是一次深刻的经历
but I need you to understand that whatever you think,
但你得明白 不管你怎么认为
there is a distinct possibility that he's manipulating you.
他都很有可能在操纵你
It's not my fault.
这不怪我
萨克拉门托警局
Gentleman, I'm Detective Roy Carver.
先生们 我是罗伊·卡弗警探
Listen, I was a little late for the presentation,
听着 刚才授课我到的有点晚
but that was just great.
不过棒极了
Well, thank you very much. Glad to be of service.
谢谢你 乐意效劳
Listen, before you go, I was hoping I could ask you something.
听着 离开之前 我想请你们帮个忙
I know you're not just here to teach.
我知道你们来不止是为了教课
No, we really just teach, Roy. Pretty much all we focus on.
不 我们只是来教课 罗伊 差不多
I was hoping I could get you
我希望能让你们
to take a look at something a little, uh...
看个不太寻常的...
unusual.
案件
Oh, sure thing.
没问题
Her name's Rosemary Gonzales, 73 years old.
她叫罗斯玛丽·冈萨雷斯 73岁
Her husband died of cancer so she sold the family farm in Chico,
丈夫死于癌症 所以她卖了奇科的家庭农场
moved to Sacramento to be closer to the grandkids.
搬到外孙们所在的萨克拉门托
Two weeks ago, we find her beaten within an inch of her life
两周前 她在自家屋后的过道
in a doorway to her back porch.
被人打到奄奄一息
She hasn't been robbed.
财物没有损失
She's been groped and assaulted but not penetrated,
她被摸和猥亵了 但没有被插♥入
and the little dog's throat's been cut.
小狗喉咙被割断
Was the dog killed because it was protecting her?
狗是因为保护她而死吗
Or for some other reason?
还是其他原因
That I don't know. But it's interesting.
还不清楚 不过这点很有意思
Why didn't he stab her?
嫌犯怎么没刺伤她
Didn't have the nerve?
没胆量吗
I don't think some Latino
持刀的拉美佬
with a shiv got scared of a little old lady.
应该不会怕瘦弱的老太太吧
Why do you say that? Why do you say "Latino" like that?
为什么这么说 为什么说是"拉美佬"
That's the neighborhood, spics and blacks.
附近住的都是西裔和黑人
Did she identify anybody of that ethnicity?
她指认该人种的嫌犯了吗
No. She was hovering in and out of a coma for the past ten days.
没有 她过去十天一直神志不清
Now she's finally come around,
现在终于清醒过来
she has no recollection whatsoever.
对发生的事不记得了
You think it's about a little dog?
你认为是因为那条狗吗
Scottish Terriers can be loud. Their bark...
苏格兰梗有时确实会吵 叫声...
Could be annoying. Listen...
会很烦人 听着
we need to know exactly how worried we need to be.
我们得弄清到底需不需要为这个案子担心
My husband would've cried to see me like this.
我丈夫要是见到我这个样子肯定会哭出来
Me, I don't cry. I'm tough.
而我不哭 我很坚强
But he was just like a baby.
但他就像个婴儿一样
It would've destroyed his faith in humanity.
这会让他失去对人性的信任
What did I ever do?
我做错了什么
Who would do such a thing?
谁会做出这种事
I never hurt a soul.
我从没伤害过别人
I don't have any enemies.
也没有仇家
I don't dress like a whore.
不会像妓♥女一样穿得花枝招展
I'm an old lady... Está bien.
我只是个老太太 别激动
Let me ask you something.
我问你点事
Did your dog ever bite anyone?
你养的狗咬过人吗
Never.
没有
Ever bother anyone by barking? Any complaints from neighbors?
乱叫打扰过别人吗 有没有邻居抱怨过
No. He was very well behaved.
没有 它可老实了
Who cuts the grass, Rosie?
谁修剪的草坪 罗斯
Who helps you take care of the yard?
谁帮你打理院子
I have all sorts of help. Kids mostly.
许多人帮我 大部分是孩子
Which kids?
什么孩子
Just local kids.
附近的孩子
It's a very close community.
这个社区大家都很亲近
And you didn't recognize your assailant? He wasn't familiar?
你没认出袭击你的人吗 不是熟人吗
I just don't remember.
我不记得了
Do you have kids?
你有儿女吗
Two daughters.
两个女儿
Married?
结婚了吗
The eldest is divorced. Dios mío.
老大已经离♥婚了 上帝保佑
The younger I don't see that often.
小的我不常见到
Can you remember anything else?
你还记得其他任何事吗
Was he big, little?
他是大块头 还是小个子
Do you remember any moles, scars, tattoos, distinctive marks?
你记不记得他有痣 疤 文身或其他明显的特征
I remember moonlight.
我记得月光
And...
还有
I do remember a smell.
我记得一股味儿
What kind of smell?
什么样的味儿
I don't know, he just...
我不知道 他...
He stank. Like what?
他很臭 什么样的臭
Grease or gasoline, fertilizer?
油脂 汽油 化肥
Like a bum.
像流浪汉
Like somebody who needed to wash.
像需要洗澡的人
Seventeen, eighteen year old high school kid,
17 18岁的高中生
low self esteem, hates authority,
自尊低 仇视权威
doesn't get along well with his parents.
跟父母相处得不好
What, just some punk?
就是个臭小子吗
Gets into a fight with his old man one night,
有一晚跟老爸起了争执
maybe he gets a hold of a bottle of liquor
或许他还喝了酒
and comes across the house, recognizes the place
他走到了一栋房子前 认出了那地方
because he cut the grass there when he was younger.
因为他小一些时曾在那里修剪草坪
Some neighborhood kid? He goes inside.
邻居的小孩吗 他走了进去
She doesn't recognize him,
她没认出他
thinks he's broken in, and starts yelling.
以为他是闯了进来 就大吼起来
The fight gets physical.
两人发生肢体冲突
He's drunk, he beats the shit out of her.
他喝醉了 把她打了个半死
He knifes the dog because the dog is yapping its head off.
他杀了狗是因为狗在拼命地叫
And then he runs.
然后就跑了
Are you guys serious? A teenager?
你们是认真的吗 一个少年
He has bad hygiene.
他不怎么注意卫生
Doesn't bathe because bathing is what his parents want.
不洗澡 因为他父母老让他洗澡
Look, we got a lot of kids like that around here.
这样的孩子这一带很多
But what kind of degenerate carves up a little dog?
但什么样的下流货会杀狗啊
Maybe the kid saw the dog in the yard,
或许那孩子看到了前院的狗
decided to conduct a moonlight experiment
就决定在月光下拿他的
with his Bowie knife, gets interrupted.
猎刀做个实验 却被打断了
A careful, considerate old lady would bring her dog in at night.
小心周到的老妇人晚上会把狗带回家的
She went outside with the dog because she heard something.
她听到了动静 才带着狗出屋了
Listen.
听着
It was a harvest moon.
当时是满月
We have been tossing the idea around
我们在考虑
that maybe it's one of these, uh...
可能是...
you know, satanic deals.
撒旦崇拜什么的
You know, like maybe the dog
或许狗是
is some kind of ritual sacrifice or something.
仪式性祭祀什么的
Check.
买单
You need to squeeze the neighborhood kids.
你得去审问邻居的孩子
One of them knows something.
他们中有人知情
We had a kid like that, brought him in for questioning twice.
我们有个那样的孩子 找他来问两次话了
Bring him in again.
再找他一次
We're gonna get pushback from the family.
他家人会给我们阻力的
His aunt works for the county.
他姑妈在郡里工作
Then make it formal. I'm probably gonna need a warrant.
那就正式逮捕 我大概会需要逮捕令的
We might be able to help you with that.
我们或许能帮忙
fuck!
该死
Nancy's gonna kill me. We can't get a flight till Sunday.
南茜会杀了我的 周日前都没有飞机
Maybe this kid's like Kemper. We have to get a room.
或许这孩子就像坎伯 我们得开间房
I can take care of the room.
我可以去开房
We can turn this into an opportunity.
我们可以把这变成个机会
It could help with the Gonzales case.
对冈萨雷斯案也会有帮助
I can't believe I'm stuck with you.
我居然跟你困在这儿了
We can talk to Kemper. No!
我们可以去找坎伯聊聊 不
I'm gonna play golf. Come with me.
我要去打高尔夫 跟我来吧
I'm not consulting with Ed Kemper.
我才不要去咨询艾德·坎伯
Not to consult. Just background.
不是咨询 只是背景调查
When did his behavior escalate?
他的行为是何时开始升级的
You can't stay away from that motherfucker, can you?
你就是忍不住不去找那个操他娘的混♥蛋 是吧
No, please. Don't say "motherfucker."
拜托 别说"操他娘"
You know that he'll respond to your seniority.
你知道他会对你的年纪有回应
You could really smoke him out. No, not now.
你可以让他说出实话的 不 现在不行
We're stuck here all weekend. What else are you gonna do?
我们周末只能困在这儿了 你还能做什么
I said forget about it, man.
我说别指望了
So, you're the big boss, right?
你是大老板啊
Well, I established the Behavioral Science Unit years ago,
我几年前成立了行为科学部
but Holden's come in with a lot of new ideas.
但霍尔登带来了很多新想法
So Holden's the intrepid rookie investigator?
霍尔登是无畏的菜鸟调查员咯
Bill taught me everything I know about criminal behavior.
我了解的关于犯罪行为的一切都是比尔教的
Is that right? Well, let me ask you something, Bill.
是吗 那我问问你 比尔
What do you think about Joseph Wambaugh?
你怎么看乔瑟夫·万巴
He knows Joe. Right, Bill?
他认识乔 是吧 比尔
Well...
嗯
Actually, he based a lot of that stuff on Bill.
其实 比尔是他一个重要的原型人物
No shit.
我去
Not the, uh, stories,
不是故事本身
but the psychological insights and the vernacular.
而是心理学的视角和术语
Yeah.
没错
That is fascinating.
太有意思了
I sure would love to pick your brain sometime.
我真想哪天能听听你的想法[肢解你的大脑]
Well, that's another life sentence right there.
那又得再判个无期了
Maybe you could, uh...
或许你可以
talk about your background a little bit with Bill.
跟比尔聊聊你的背景
Maybe tell him the thing that you told me the other day
或许跟他说说你那天告诉我的事
about your mother.
关于你妈妈的
My mother.
我妈妈
Well, you see, Bill,
你瞧 比尔
even as a child, I had kind of a rich fantasy life.
我小时候 就有丰富的幻想
As a teenager, I began by cutting up inanimate objects.
少年时 我开始切割无生命的物体
G.I. Joe. My sister's dolls.
大兵手办 我妹妹的娃娃
Ripping their heads off, cutting up the bodies.
我扯下它们的脑袋 切开它们的身体
Mutilating them, if you will.
可以说是残害它们
You had fantasies of what, real women?
你幻想什么 真正的女人吗
Oh, yeah.
是的
And my mother would yell and scream at me, tell me I was sick.
我妈妈会吼我 说我有病
She thought I was going to do something hideous one day.
她觉得我有一天会做出可怕的事
What did she think you were gonna do?
她以为你会做什么
I guess rape my sister or something.
大概是强♥奸我妹妹什么的
This is when I was ten years old.
这是我10岁的时候
Nice.
厉害
Not exactly The Brady Bunch.
可不像《脱线家族》那么和谐
Why do you think she thought this?
你觉得她为什么会那么想
Because she was fucking nuts.
因为她疯了
You didn't do anything to frighten her? She frightened me.
你没做什么吓到她的事吗 她让我害怕
She'd make me sleep on a dirty old mattress in the basement.
她会逼我睡在地下室一张脏兮兮的旧床垫上
Lock the door. Ten years old.
还锁上门 我才10岁
So then it became dogs and cats, strangling them,
后来演变成了猫和狗 勒死它们
burying them in the backyard.
把它们埋在后院
Hold on. Sorry.
等等 抱歉
Just to vent.
只是为了发泄
You know what I'm saying? Classic displacement activity.
懂吧 典型的替换活动
Because it was my retreat from the insanity of the world.
因为那是我逃离疯狂世界的办法
Then, you see... Sorry. Wait a minute.
然后 抱歉 等一下
Sorry, guys.
真抱歉
Is that why your mother sent you away?
所以你妈妈才把你送走吗
In the end, I ran away to live with my father,
最终 我跑去跟我爸爸住
but he didn't want me either.
但他也不想要我
So they packed me off to live with my grandma.
所以他们让我收拾东西去跟我奶奶住
She thought I was a freak.
她觉得我是个怪胎
Is that why you shot her?
所以你才打死了她吗
Well, they were both very controlling,
她们都是控制欲强
aggressive, matriarchal women.
咄咄逼人 女家长式的女人
Matriarchal? Female centric.
女家长式 自我为中心的女性
Get that down. That's a big antecedent.
记下来 这是个重要的前缀词
What happened after that?
那之后呢
I was put in a fucking mental institution.
我被关进了一家精神病院
I was 15.
我才15岁
I was 21 years old when I came out.
21岁时 我出院了
All those years when other kids
那些年里 其他孩子
were having their sexual revolution,
都在进行性革命
I was locked in a room.
我却被锁在房间里
You remember the whole flower power,
你记得爱情与和平的权力那档子事吧
college girls into love and peace?
大学女生倡导爱与和平
Physically, I wasn't impotent, but emotionally I was.
虽然我的身体并非性无能 但情感上却是
Because of the way I was conditioned by Mom,
那是因为我母亲的调♥教
right? Like you said.
是吧 就像你说的
Conditioned? Right.
调♥教 是的
You see, Bill,
你瞧 比尔
I knew a week before she died I was gonna kill her.
她死前一周 我就知道我要杀她
She went out to a party, she got soused, she came home alone.
她去参加一个派对了 喝醉了一个人回来的
I asked her how her evening went. She just looked at me.
我问她 她晚上过得如何 她就看我
She said, "For seven years."
说 "七年了"
She said, "I haven't had sex with a man
她说 "我已经七年没跟男人做♥爱了
because of you, my murderous son."
就因为你 我的杀人犯儿子"
So I got a claw hammer and I beat her to death.
于是我拿了把羊角锤 把她打死了
Then I cut her head off.
然后我砍下了她的头
And I humiliated her.
然后我羞辱了她
And I said, "There. Now you've had sex."
我说 "好了 这下你做♥爱了"
If there's one thing I know, it's this:
如果说我知道什么 那就是
A mother should not scorn her own son.
一个母亲不该鄙视她的儿子
If a woman humiliates her little boy,
如果一个女人羞辱她年幼的儿子
he will become hostile, and violent, and debased. Period.
他会变得敌意 暴力 下作 就这样
Ladies and gentlemen, we've reached our cruising altitude...
女士们先生们 我们已达到巡航高度
I think we need to talk. Now do you see?
我们得谈谈 你现在明白了吧
I need to speak to Shepard. Tell him what's going on.
我得去找谢帕德 告诉他这件事
It's too early.
还太早
The longer we wait, the worse it's gonna be.
我们拖得越久 就越糟
We'll be drowned in red tape. And there's a reason for that.
我们会被手续拖累 这是有原因的
The FBI is a glacial bureaucracy, but it's highly effective.
联调局是个庞大的官僚机构 但它效率很高
Kemper's in lockdown, what's he gonna do?
坎伯都蹲号子了 他还能做什么
Kemper is a gigantic blabbermouth.
坎伯就是个巨型大嘴巴
He's friends with all the prison guards.
他跟监狱守卫都是朋友
A federal agent is meeting with him,
一名联邦探员去见他
you think that hasn't reached the warden?
你以为典狱长会不知道吗
A couple of months, that's all I need.
我就需要两个月
No. Because if we get censured,
不行 如果我们被处分了
we're off work two weeks minimum, no appeal.
我们要至少停职两周 不能上诉
And you can kiss goodbye to the Gonzales case.
你就别想再插手冈萨雷斯案了
They'll never catch that guy.
他们绝不会抓到凶徒的
Did you tell a detective in Sacramento you would intercede
你是不是跟萨克拉门托的一个警探说你会
with the district attorney on behalf of the FBI?
代表联调局跟地检官求情
Some DA called me and asked why I had two agents in Sacramento.
有个地检官打给我问为什么派俩探员去萨克拉门托
Two goons," His exact words.
"俩傻帽" 他原话 "
It's a strange case.
这起案子很怪
The locals were struggling.
当地警方很为难
We were trying to help figure a way forward.
我们想帮忙给他们指个出路
What were you thinking?
你们怎么想的
Sir, at the time, we deemed this of great urgency.
长官 我们当时认为此事非常紧急
The circumstances were very unusual.
情况非常不寻常
Assault and battery? Since when does the FBI consult on that?
暴力殴打 联调局什么时候还就此进行咨询了
Not even homicide.
这都不是杀人案
Unless you count a dog.
除非算上狗
Bill, the past three years I've heard you do is complain about
比尔 这三年来 你一直在抱怨
how overworked you are with the Road School.
你的巡回♥教学让你多累
I gave you your assistant,
我给了你个助理
and this is how you choose to spend your time?
你就这么花费你的时间
I trust you understand my position on this.
我想你明白我对此的立场吧
Is there anything else you want to tell me?
你们还有什么要告诉我的吗
I get back on Tuesday,
我周二回来
if you want to pick me up from the airport.
你要想去机场接我的话
Sure, I'd love to.
好啊
You should come with me sometime. To Detroit?
你哪天该跟我一起去 去底特律吗
See your old stomping grounds. Meet my mom.
故地重游 见见我妈
Okay, good to know where we're at.
好吧 很高兴能弄清我们的状况
No, I would love to meet your mom. I said sometime.
不是 我很乐意见你妈妈 我说哪天的
No, actually, it's something I would really enjoy.
不 其实 我真的会喜欢那样的
I meant eventually.
我是说最终
I'm sure she's really, really lovely.
我相信她是个很棒的人
Actually, she's kind of a bitch,
其实 她挺贱的
especially when it comes to people I'm dating.
尤其是对跟我约会的人
Really?
真的吗
But... I like you.
但 我喜欢你
I might give you the secret to win her over.
我或许会告诉你赢得她好感的秘诀
What might that be?
那是什么
Well, Mom doesn't care what
我妈才不在乎
kind of music you like, what kind of job you have,
你喜欢什么音乐 做什么工作
what kind of car you drive.
开什么车
Instead, she'll ask you about your mother.
她会问你你妈妈的事
It'll seem like a perfectly innocent question,
那会看上去像个毫无陷阱的问题
but she'll be watching you closely.
但她会仔细观察你
If she thinks you love and respect your mom,
如果她觉得你爱而且尊敬你妈
she'll know that you'll treat her daughter the same way.
她就会知道你也会那样待她的女儿
That's actually shrewd.
好聪明
hair group. It can't do anything about the hair...
...发型 它无法改变你的... ...
So...
那么
do you like your mom?
你喜欢你妈妈吗
I do.
是的
She's someone I really enjoy talking to.
我很喜欢跟她聊天
I knew it. I knew you were a momma's boy.
我就知道 我就知道你是个妈宝
You should just come with me tomorrow.
你明天该跟我一起去
You've already passed the test.
你已经通过测试了
I couldn't even if I wanted to.
我想去也不行
Shepard doesn't want us leaving town.
谢帕德不希望我们离开这里
Why? What's happened?
为什么 出了什么事
We... Well...
我们 好吧
I...
是我
really fucked up.
闯大祸了
You grounded?
你被禁足了吗
When are they gonna start taking this whole thing seriously?
他们什么时候才能认真对待这事啊
How do you know where I live? Personnel gave me your address.
你怎么知道我住哪 人事部给了我你的住址
Let's go back to Shepard.
我们再去找谢帕德吧
Tell him about Kemper, tell him what we've been doing.
告诉他坎伯的事 告诉他我们在做什么
You think he'll listen now? Let's make it official.
你觉得他现在就会听吗 我们正式做吧
You don't want to wait at least till Sacramento blows over?
你不想至少等萨克拉门托的事过去吗
No, I want to go back to Sacramento and fix it.
不 我想回萨克拉门托 解决那件事
If we fix it, Shepard might give us what we want.
如果我们做到了 谢帕德或许就能让我们如愿
He's not stupid. He'll have to listen.
他不傻 他到时必须听了
Are you out of your fucking minds?!
你们是他妈疯了吗
You interviewed Edmund Kemper?
你们和艾德蒙·坎伯谈话了吗
Not so much interviewed. More like a conversation.
不算正式谈话 就是聊聊
He said a bunch of extremely interesting things
他说了很多很有趣的话
that turned out to be really useful.
而且非常有帮助
What the fuck? I just had this idea...
搞什么 我就是有个想法
I don't want to hear your idea, Holden.
我不想听你的想法 霍尔登
I'm sick to death of your ideas.
我受够了你的想法
It is not our job to commiserate with these people.
同情这些人不是我们的职责
It is our job to electrocute them.
我们的职责是送他们上电椅
How long has this been going on?
这事已经发生多久了
Just when we were in Sacramento.
就是我们在萨克拉门托期间
Sir, the conversations with Kemper shed light on things
长官 跟坎伯的对话点透了
we've been exploring in the Behavioral Science Unit.
我们行为科学部一直在探索的一些事
There's a correlation with what we're finding at crime scenes.
而且跟我们在犯罪现场的发现有明显的关联
It proves that we're on track.
这证明我们找对了方向
Proof the Federal Bureau of Investigation
证明了联邦调查局
is on track after all these years?
这么多年后终于找对方向了
Well, golly, what a relief. I am so pleased for us.
老天爷 太好了 我真高兴
We're pleased too. Don't smart mouth me, Holden!
我们也是 少跟我打嘴炮 霍尔登
You fucked up the Gonzales situation,
你搞砸了冈萨雷斯的事
you pissed off the Sacramento DA,
你气坏了萨克拉门托的地检官
and now you reveal to me
现在你又告诉我
that you've been interviewing lifers in the state penitentiary.
你一直在约谈州立监狱里的无期徒刑犯人
Sir, the insights aford us during these visits
长官 这几次探视让我们得到的见解
may possibly help us
或许能帮我们
identify the person responsible for
找到萨克拉门托
the attacks in Sacramento and help prevent others.
袭击事件的罪犯 并预防其他案件
Wrong, wrong, and wrong. Here's what it is. Burn your notes.
错了 告诉你 烧掉你的笔记
Don't speak to me about this anymore.
再不要跟我提起这件事
Don't put it in any reports. You're done.
也别写进报告 你完了
Excuse me, sir.
抱歉 长官
I truly believe there is a vein here that needs to be mined.
我真心认为这是需要开发的财富
Okay, kiddo. You're looking down the barrel.
好吧 小子 你现在危险了
Three whole bags: censure, suspension, transfer.
三步走 处分 停职 调职
Pardon me.
原谅我
Sir, permit me to speak.
长官 请允许我说话
I've been doing this shit for seven years.
这事我已经做了七年了
I trained Holden because he was transferred to my department.
我训练霍尔登是因为他被调来了我的部门
He knows his criminal psychology.
他了解犯罪心理学
He's done his homework, worked his butt off,
他做足了准备 也拼命工作了
and now I think he's onto something.
现在 我觉得他真的有所发现
Onto what? He made friends with the Coed Killer.
发现什么 他跟女学♥生杀手交了朋友
If any of this is going to work, we need to talk to more subjects.
如果想成功 我们还得跟更多对象谈话
More? No! What's next, Charles Manson?
更多 不 下个谁 查尔斯·曼森吗
When's he booked for?
他订了什么时候
We were thinking June.
我们希望是六月
I think it's right.
我觉得这是对的
We need to use whatever resource...
我们需要用一切可用资源
Resource, my ass! Bill, what's the matter, you bored with golf?
资源个屁 比尔 怎么了 高尔夫打烦了吗
California jails are full of thrill killers and lust murderers.
加州监狱里满是快♥感杀手和淫乐杀人犯
And we put them there, that's our job.
是我们把他们关进去的 那是我们的工作
Dying and rotting on the vine.
他们在白白被浪费掉
Cry me a river, Holden. All the wasted potential.
哭成河吧 霍尔登 如此被浪费的潜力
It is wasted potential, sir. It is.
的确是浪费的潜力 长官
Cause, we could be using these people. Using how?
因为我们可以利用这些人 怎么利用
Their knowledge and insight. Of what?
他们的知识和见解 关于什么的
Themselves. Whoselves?!
他们自己 谁们自己
Then we might know what we're talking about
这样我们再跟其他执法机构沟通时
when we speak to other law enforcement.
或许才真能言之有物
Can you make him shut up? I have not been able to do that, sir.
你能让他闭嘴吗 我从未成功过 长官
How do we get ahead of crazy
我们如果不了解疯子的想法
if we don't know how crazy thinks?
要怎么先于他们一步
I like you, Bill.
我喜欢你 比尔
I don't particularly like him, but I like you.
我不怎么喜欢他 但我喜欢你
Okay, you may continue with your little sideshow.
好吧 你们可以继续你们的小闹剧
However, no one can know about it. Clear?
但是不能让人知道 明白了吗
You will relocate yourselves
你们要搬到
to the basement beneath Behavioral Sciences,
行为科学部楼下的地下室
reporting directly and exclusively to me.
直接且只许向我汇报
The basement? I'm 44 years old.
地下室 我都44了
You may dedicate ten hours of your 50 hour work week to this.
每周50小时的工时只可以投入10小时在这上面
If I deem any aspect of it to be unwarranted,
如果我认为其中任何方面没理由
unnecessary, or unsavory,
没必要 或不恰当
I will end it. Do you both understand?
我就会叫停 你们都明白了吗
Yes.
是的
And thank you, sir.
谢谢 长官
Thank you, sir.
谢谢 长官