She had my brother, that's what she wanted next.
她生了我哥哥之后就想再生个女孩
She told you this? All the time.
她告诉你的吗 她总说
Why was she so upset when you brought home the shoes?
为什么你把那双鞋拿回家时她那么生气
I was wearing 'em around the house.
我穿着那双鞋在屋子里走来走去
Were you trying to be what she wanted you to be?
你是不是想按她期望的去做
What?
什么
Were you trying to be a girl?
你是不是想当女孩 fuck no, I never wanted to be a girl.
才没有 我从来都不想做女孩
I liked the shoes.
我喜欢那双鞋
I didn't know why she was so angry.
我不知道她为什么那么生气
I took a pair of my teacher's shoes,
我拿了一双老师的鞋
and she didn't lose her fucking mind.
她都没气得发狂
Your teacher's shoes?
你老师的鞋
Mrs. Kernegan. First grade.
肯纳甘老师的鞋 一年级的时候
She'd kick her shoes off under the desk. Heels?
她会把鞋脱在讲桌下 高跟鞋吗
Low, but stylish. She checked our book bags.
低跟 但很时尚 她检查我们的书包
When she found them on me, I thought she'd go berserk,
在我书包里找到的时候 我以为她要发飙了
but... she was just curious.
但她只是好奇
About what? Why I had taken them.
好奇什么 我为什么偷拿
Women always want to know, don't they?
女人总是想知道
At least they think they do. Did Darcie want to know?
至少女人以为自己想 达尔茜想知道吗
It's tricky when you're married.
结婚之后就变得棘手了
You either have to deny yourself or...
要么禁锢自己
keep a private space.
要么留一点私人空间
Like a golf course.
就像高尔夫球场一样
I put a lock on the garage, installed an intercom
我给车库加了锁 装了个对讲机
so she could call in if she needed something from the freezer.
她要冰箱里的什么东西打电话说就行
Wouldn't want her finding your trophies.
不想让她发现你的战利品
She would not have wanted that.
她可不会想发现的
What the fuck?
搞什么
Tony!
托尼
That was amazing. Yeah, that was great.
真是太不可思议了 是啊 很棒
All that shit about his mom burning the shoes.
他妈妈烧鞋什么的
The high heels worked.
高跟鞋起作用了
You could say that.
你可以这么说
Let me ask you something.
我问你
Was that true about your mom walking in on you? Yeah.
你妈妈看到你自♥慰 是真的吗 是
It didn't bother you, using that?
你觉得跟他说没关系吗
Who doesn't have a weird story about their mom and sex?
谁没有点关于妈妈和性的奇怪经历呢
You're telling a private, very personal story to a murderous asshole.
你跟一个杀人犯混♥蛋讲你的私密经历
It bothered me.
换我就不行
Is this about Nancy?
是因为南茜吗
It's nothing wrong with...
这没什么不对的
If what we're doing doesn't get under your skin,
要是我们做的事不会影响到你
you're even more screwed up than I thought or kidding yourself.
你就比我想得更无可救药或者你自欺欺人
You're just like a son to me.
你就像我儿子
You never did nothing I told you to do.
我让你做的事你绝不照办
Archie. We want you and Ma to come visit us out there.
亚奇 我们想让你和妈妈来看我们
Well, maybe your mother in law can do that, but, you know...
也许你岳母能 但是
Hello?
你好啊
Where are you?
你在哪
They almost said it was our fault.
他们差点说是我们的错
Jesus, Nancy. I don't know what to say.
天啊 南茜 我不知道该说什么
Well, I was hoping for a little more than that.
我本来还希望你能多说几句
I can't talk about this now. Okay?
我现在不能说这件事 明白吗
Brian's teacher thinks we're not paying enough attention to this.
布莱恩的老师觉得我们对这件事不够重视
That's why he's acting out.
所以他才会失控爆发
We have to do something.
我们得做点什么
Is that a "Uh huh, I know," or is that "Uh huh, uh huh"?
你这是"我知道了"还是敷衍
The first.
我知道了
You want to go to Lamplighter tonight or not?
你今晚还想不想去点灯人餐厅
Sure. But why are you being like this?
想啊 但你为什么这样
Like I said, I really can't talk about this now. Okay?
我说了 我现在不能说这件事 明白吗
Did you finish it? I did.
你听完了吗 听完了
It's pretty great, right?
真的很棒 对吧
Can you believe what he said about his mom?
你能相信他说他妈的那些事吗
Did you listen to it?
你听了吗
What's in the box?
盒子里是什么
Holden's idea. You figure it out?
霍尔登的主意 你猜到了吗
I'm guessing shoes.
我猜是鞋子
He got an erection.
他当时就勃起了
Isn't that what you wanted? We wanted to get him talking.
正中你们下怀 我们想让他开口
No, you baited him with those shoes
不 你用那双鞋引他上钩
and you lied to him about his wife.
用他妻子的事骗他
He pulled that bullshit about Kemper, so we used the same tactic.
他摆出坎伯骗我们 所以我们用了相同的战术
So it was revenge? No. Speaking his language.
这是复仇咯 不 用他的方法跟他沟通
This is a scientific study, not a locker room hazing.
这是科学研究 不是更衣室恶作剧
Let me explain something, Wendy. Please.
我来解释一下 温迪 请吧
Guys communicate in a certain way.
男人之间交流有特定的方式
It can be rough, but it's like a code, it gets out the conflict.
可能很糙 但像是一种暗号 能避免冲突
Well, thank you for illuminating me on male rituals.
感谢你给我解释男性之间的礼仪
You threw our questionnaire right out the window.
你完全无视了我们的调查问卷
Your questionnaire, which wasn't working.
是你的调查问卷 而且根本没用
All you wanted to do was force him to admit
你只想逼他承认
that he wears women's clothes.
他喜欢穿女装
Yeah, get under his disguise.
是啊 刺破他的伪装
Cross dressing is part of his psychology.
异装是他心理特征的一部分
His fixation on women's clothes,
他对女装的癖好
women's bodies, wanting to own them,
女人身体的痴迷 渴望拥有
wanting to inhabit them.
渴望占据
If we can understand that, we can recognize it in another killer.
要是我们理解 就能识别另一个凶手的同种心理
Cross dressing is not an antecedent to homicidal behavior.
异装不是谋杀行为的前因
I didn't say that.
我没这么说
For most people, it's a harmless form of expression.
对大多数人来说 只是一种无害的表达方式
Most people? Those who do it.
大多数人 大多数的异装者
But it's usually sexual, right?
但它通常跟性有关
And we know sex drives our subjects.
我们知道性是驱使着我们的研究对象
It's sometimes sexual.
有时跟性相关
Transvestism has been practiced in every era,
异装癖在每个时代 每种文化中
in every human culture. Come on.
都屡见不鲜 拜托
If you want to teach a class, go back to Boston.
你要是想教书 回波士顿教去
No, you weren't speaking his language.
不 你不是在用他的方法沟通
You were persecuting him about something
你这是迫害他 因为异装癖
that challenges your masculinity.
挑战了你的男子气概
What? That interview was personal.
什么 上次谈话是针对他
No, this is personal. Guys.
不 你这么说才是针对我 伙计们
You're being irrational. Oh, Jesus.
你不讲理 天啊
Where's this coming from? I don't know.
这是闹哪出 我不知道
Maybe shock at your total lack of objectivity.
也许你太不客观 所以我很震惊
We were supposed to be objective?
我们应该保持客观吗
Because I seem to remember you
因为我好像记得你让我们
encouraging us to use our families to get to him.
说自己家人的事让他开口
How objective is that? We have to use strategies.
这叫客观吗 我们得用计策
I said use fake information, as long as you establish rapport...
我说的是用假信息 只要你建立了友好关系...
That's not what you said. And it's not possible.
你不是这么说的 而且也不可能
It is not possible to communicate
跟布鲁多斯这样的人交流
with someone like Brudos and be fake.
还说假话 根本不可能
We can hassle him or we can open up to him,
我们要么找他麻烦 要么对他说实话
but either option has a cost.
但这两种做法都有代价
Musical therapy.
音乐疗法
She comes highly recommended.
很多人强烈推荐她
She has like ten years of experience...
她有将近十年的经验
Thank you.
谢谢
The only thing is, she's in Charlottesville.
唯一的问题是 她在夏洛茨维尔
I looked for someone in D.C.
我想找个华盛顿特区的
You'd think they'd have music therapists in D.C.
华盛顿特区有那么多政客的孩子
with all the politicians' kids there,
我本以为那里会有音乐治疗师
but maybe it's considered too alternative.
但人们可能觉得这种疗法太过另类
I don't even know that she's a hippie.
我都不知道她是嬉皮士
I only talked to her on the phone.
我只跟她通过电话
But she... she sounded very nice.
但她听起来人不错
Professional.
很专业
I could drive him there once a week.
我可以每周开车带他过去
Maybe even get him out of school a little early,
早点接他放学
which could also be a good thing, after what happened today.
可能也是一件好事 毕竟今天出了这种事
How much is she? Forty five.
她收费如何 45
An hour?
一小时
An hour and a half.
一个半小时
Nancy, that's a lot.
南茜 这太贵了
You spend that much on a golf club.
你买高尔夫球杆都肯花这么多
Yeah, but when you buy a club, you have the club.
对 但买下球杆就意味着它是你的了
I got a recommendation for a child psychologist in Woodbridge,
有人推荐了一位伍德布里奇的儿童心理医生
much closer.
近多了
You got a recommendation? When?
有人给你推荐了 什么时候
About a month ago.
大概一个月以前
Why didn't you tell me?
你怎么不告诉我
Because I really don't want to send him to a shrink.
因为我真心不想送他去看心理医生
Me neither. But at that price,
我也不想 但她收费那么高
I'd rather send him to a doctor
我宁愿送他去看医生
than some hippie musician.
也不想找什么嬉皮士音乐家
Please. This is not about the money.
拜托 这不是钱的问题
Of course not.
当然不是
I was...
我
I was hoping it wouldn't go this far.
我还希望不会到这一步
It's a private school.
这是一所私立学校
If he keeps biting other children, he's gonna get kicked out.
要是他还咬其他孩子 就会被开除
He's getting bullied, so he's defending himself.
其他孩子欺负他 他这是自卫
We should have held him back a year.
早知道让他留一级好了
I don't think that's the problem.
问题不在于此
He's fine with me, he's great with Julie.
他跟我在一起很好 跟朱莉也很好
I've read a couple of books which recommend music therapy
我读到过几本书 说如果孩子需要沟通训练
when a child needs communication training.
不妨试试音乐疗法
Communication training." Is that what the books call it?
"沟通训练" 书里这么叫它吗 "
Sure describes what we need.
我们正需要这个
I'm exhausted, Nancy. Could we table this for tonight?
我累坏了 南茜 今晚先别谈了行吗
Looks like we gotta do it ourselves.
看起来我们得自己动手了
Let's work on these ropes.
来弄绳子吧
Hi, Julie.
朱莉
We're home a little early tonight.
我们今晚回来得早
Is everything okay?
没出什么事吧
Is Brian all right?
布莱恩还好吗
He's asleep.
他睡着了
Did something happen?
出什么事了吗
When I was putting him to bed, I found something under it.
我哄他睡觉的时候 在床下发现了样东西
What did you find? I don't have change,
你发现什么了 我没零钱
so here's a little bonus.
多的你就留着吧
She found this under Brian's bed.
她在布莱恩的床下发现了这个
Julie, I'm so sorry.
朱莉 真抱歉
You know I'm an FBI agent. I work on some rough cases.
你知道我是联邦探员 处理的都是血腥的案子
He must have got this out of my office.
他肯定是从我办公室拿的
I should lock that file cabinet.
我应该把文件柜锁上
Honey, you shouldn't have had to see that.
亲爱的 不该让你看见的
Brian saw it, too.
布莱恩也看见了
Of course.
当然了
We really messed up. I messed up.
我们的错 我的错
He gets into things, I know.
他有时会惹事 我知道
We need to keep a closer eye on him.
我们得盯紧他
And we'll find a way to explain it. I'll talk to him,
我们会想办法解释的 我去跟他谈
make sure he understands there's nothing wrong.
确保他知道一切正常
Nothing's wrong? Honey, come here.
一切正常 亲爱的 过来
Are you all right?
你没事吧
I've been meaning to tell you,
我一直想告诉你
my parents want me to get some real job experience,
我父母想让我得到真正的工作经验
so I'm applying at the mall and...
所以我去商场应聘了
But you'd still be able to sit for us sometimes, right?
但你偶尔还是能帮我们看孩子的 对吧
I think it's going to be hard.
我想会很难
Julie, honey...
朱莉 亲爱的
you've been with us for years.
你跟我们在一起很多年了
I'm sorry, Mrs. Tench.
抱歉 坦奇夫人
Don't forget your money.
别忘了拿钱
Please say goodbye to Brian for me.
请帮我跟布莱恩道别吧
Julie...
朱莉
I know that file cabinet has a lock. I just have to find the key.
我知道文件柜有锁 我只需找到钥匙
Or get a new one.
或者配把新的
That one's 20 years old.
那柜子都20年了
Kid's kind of a Houdini, though.
那孩子还真厉害
Maybe I should get a safe.
也许我应该弄个保险箱
Why is it in the house at all?
照片为什么会出现在家里
It's work. I have to bring it home sometimes.
因为我有时得把工作带回家做
That? You have to bring that home?
那玩意 你得把它带回家吗
What do you do with it?
你拿它干什么
Examine it for clues.
仔细检查 看有没有线索
You don't tell me a thing about what you do.
你在做什么从来都不跟我说
Now you know why.
现在你知道为什么了
You don't need to protect me, though.
你不用保护我
I'm trying to protect everybody.
我想保护所有人
No, you need to protect your son.
不 你得保护你儿子
What was he doing in my office in the first place?
但他去我办公室干什么
We can't watch him every second.
我们不能每时每刻都盯着他
He's always trying to get in there.
他总是想进去
Because he knows it's not allowed.
因为他知道你们不许他进
I should put a lock on the door.
我应该给门加把锁
He's trying to get closer to you!
他是想离你更近一些
Sometimes I find him in our closet.
有时我发现他在我们衣柜里
He's putting on your ties. He's walking around in your shoes.
他戴上你的领带 穿着你的鞋四处走
I'm here on the weekends now. I'm putting in the time.
我现在周末都在这儿 会抽时间陪他
When you're not at the golf course, you're angling to get there.
就算你没在打高尔夫 你的心也在球场
Even when you're playing with him, I see you check your watch.
你跟他玩的时候 都频频看手表
Well, to be honest, he's not much fun. He's not much fun?!
说实话 他不太有意思 他不太有意思
I know how that sounds, but I've tried.
我知道这话听起来不对 但我努力过了
He's just not interested.
他提不起兴趣
It takes more than turning up, Bill.
不是你人来了就够了 比尔
Okay, you... you need to play with him.
你 你得跟他玩
I can't have a conversation with him.
我跟他说不上话
I can't get a hug out of him.
我没法让他抱抱我
I can't even get him to look me in the eye.
我都没法让他看着我的眼睛
He is not beyond hope. Well, maybe I am.
他并不是没救了 也许没救的是我
You want to know what I do?
你想知道我在忙什么吗
You want to see what I work on every night? Come on.
想知道我每晚都在研究什么吗 来吧
That's the tip of the iceberg.
这只是冰山一角
A young mother with a boy Brian's age.
一个年轻的母亲 她儿子跟布莱恩年纪相仿
Killer did the same thing to him.
凶手对他儿子做了同样的事
You want to see that photo? I got it here somewhere.
你想看照片吗 我这儿有
This one's interesting.
这个很有意思
A woman who was stabbed, raped, breasts cut off.
一个女人被捅死 被强♥奸 乳♥房被切掉
Turns out it was her boyfriend, his brother, and their sister.
结果是她男友 他小舅子还有他妹妹干的
A little family affair.
家庭纠纷
Here's the one I'm working on now.
我现在正在研究这个
Lovely guy by the name of Jerry Brudos.
一个叫杰瑞·布鲁多斯的可爱男人
Murdered four women not much older than Julie.
杀了4个比朱莉大不了几岁的女人
Strung them up in his garage.
在车库里把她们勒死了
One of them came to his door accidentally.
其中一个是偶然来到他家
One of them had car trouble.
一个是车出了问题
One of them he grabbed from a parking garage
一个本来要去跟她妈妈吃午饭
she was on her way to lunch with her mom.
结果被他从停车场掳过来了
I'm sorry.
对不起
I know.
我知道
I'm sorry.
对不起
Your favorite...
你的最爱
Quantico Blend.
匡提科混合酒
Thank you.
谢谢
The mom.
妈妈
The mom and the shoes.
妈妈和鞋子
Something happened there.
问题出在这里
Clearly.
没错
What was it?
是什么呢
Her reaction?
她的反应
The force of it.
那种剧烈程度
Burning the shoes seared them into his mind as forbidden.
鞋被烧毁的画面烙印在他脑中 成为了禁忌
Which became part of the sexual fantasy.
这变成了他性幻想的一部分
Then the teacher had an entirely different reaction.
之后老师的反应截然不同
So he's getting mixed messages
所以对于他的冲动
from two adult women about his impulses.
他从两名成年女性身上得到了矛盾的信息
Brudos said that he was attracted
布鲁多斯说 在那之前
to women's shoes before all of that.
他就已经被女鞋吸引了
He took the stilettos from the dump when he was five.
他5岁时从垃圾堆捡了那双细高跟鞋
Not everyone agrees with Freud's theories on sexuality,
不是所有人都认同弗洛伊德关于性的理论
but he did hit upon how young we are
但他的确偶然发现了
when we start to form preferences.
我们在很小时就形成了偏好
So when did that come in?
那是什么时候形成的
How did it get tied to his sexuality?
跟他的性♥欲是怎么联♥系到一起的
Was there a point at which someone could have... intervened?
会不会有一个时间点 他人可以进行干预
Well, you're asking the right questions.
你问到点子上了
I want the right answers.
我要正确的答案
Don't we all.
谁不想呢
I'm glad you're here. Well...
真高兴你来了 是啊
Bill. I've been thinking about another angle with Brudos.
比尔 对于布鲁多斯 我在考虑另一角度
Remember what Wendy said about deflecting responsibility?
还记得温迪说过的转移责任吗
Save it.
等等
Fairfield Police Department.
费尔菲尔德警署
May I speak with Detective McGraw?
我想找麦格劳警探
This is Bill Tench with the FBI.
我是联调局的比尔·坦奇
He's out right now. Can I take a message? Yes.
他出去了 我帮你留言 好
Ask him to look at the photos from the Ada Jeffries case.
让他看看艾达·杰弗里斯案的照片
Ada Jeffries? That's right.
艾达·杰弗里斯 没错
Tell him to look at the knots that were used to tie her up.
让他仔细看捆绑她打的结
They're nautical and Fairfield is landlocked.
那些是水手结 而费尔菲尔德是内陆地区
Okay, I'll let him know. Thank you.
好 我会转达的 谢谢
You're back on Fairfield? We said we'd take a look.
你又开始看费尔菲尔德案了 说过要研究的
Are you sure there's still something...
你确定还有什么...
Holden, leave me alone.
霍尔登 别烦我
Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed.
今天有人吃错药了
Bill.
比尔
What I was saying yesterday about remaining objective,
我昨天说的关于保持客观的话
you were right, it's bullshit.
你说得对 那都是胡扯
It's very hard.
很难做到
I've been around crazy.
我见过不少疯子
I was in the army.
我当过兵
Road School was a cakewalk.
巡回♥教学对我来说小菜一碟
I didn't mind talking about this stuff.
我不介意谈这些
But what the fuck did I even know?
但我又知道什么呢
These people are extremely damaged,
这些人支离破碎
and they know how to cause damage.
而且他们懂得如何摧毁别人
I'm running on fumes.
我累得不行了
Can you take a break?
你能休息一下吗
No. Talk to someone?
不行 跟别人聊聊
I'm talking to you. No, a professional.
我这不正跟你聊吗 不 跟专业人士聊
You are professional.
你就是专业人士
I'm your coworker. I can't be your therapist.
我是你同事 不能当你的心理治疗师
Therapist? It's not like that.
心理治疗师 不是那样的
Times have changed. You don't have to be the good soldier.
时代变了 你不用硬撑着了
He's fucking immune.
他倒是完全免疫了
How do I tap into that?
我怎么才能达到那种境界
Hello, there. Oh, my God. You look fantastic.
你好啊 天啊 你真美
So do you.
你也是
I am so happy to be done with exams.
全考完了 我真高兴
I made dinner.
我做了晚餐
That was astounding.
好惊喜
Well, don't sound so surprised.
别这么震惊
You've been holding out on me. Isn't that what nice girls do?
你一直深藏不露 好姑娘不都这样吗
It worked. Marry me.
你成功了 嫁给我
So I can cook for you? No.
好让我给你做饭吗 不行
To your culinary skills.
敬你的厨艺
To your fellatio skills. Just stop.
敬你的口♥活 别闹了
To changing my life.
敬你改变了我的生活
To opening my mind.
开阔了我的视野
Inspiring me to go back to school.
鼓励我回到学校
Wasn't this toast about me?
你敬的不是我吗
I want you to know that I see you.
我想让你知道 我懂你
How dedicated you are, how disciplined.
你有多专注 有多自律
You have the courage to follow your curiosity.
你有勇气追随你的好奇心
Okay, enough.
好了 够了
And you put up with my tendency to go on. That, I do.
忍耐我的滔滔不绝 这倒是真的
I am truly delighted to be in your life.
能成为你生命中的一部分 我真的很高兴
Come on.
来吧
Come on.
来吧
Hold that thought.
等一下
What's wrong?
怎么了
You don't like it?
你不喜欢吗
No, I love it.
不 我很喜欢
Are you okay?
你没事吧
It's weird.
感觉很怪
This?
这样
It's just... not you.
这不是你
Yeah, Holden. That's the point.
对 霍尔登 要的就是这样