You already have most everything I've spent my life building.
让我有尊严地决定是否对你的忠诚
Allow me the dignity to resolve myself to your allegiance
而非在此期间完全地毁掉我的一切
without utterly ruining me in the meantime.
我们必须马上离开
We must leave now!
这都是相互的 先生 不是吗
It's a two-way street, sir, ain't it?
我们有尸体 他们有棺材
We got bodies. They got boxes.
我是打算起床赶紧回家
My aim is to be out of this bed and home soon, but
但是上帝可能另有想法
the good lord sees it a different way.
我更想被埋葬在家里
I prefer to be buried at home,
离你们近点
near to you.
如果家里觉得太麻烦 就算了
If that is too much of a chore, it matters little.
无论我的肉体在何处安息
Wheresoever my bodily remains come to rest,
我的灵魂都会在天上与父亲作伴
my soul shall be keeping company with dad on high,
注视着你们所有人
watching over you all,
永远期待着我们全家来世
ever expectant of our joyful, final reunion as a family
幸福重聚
in eternity.
读起来怎么样
How does that seem?
也许我应该用一个笑话结尾
Maybe I should end with a joke?
艾玛
Emma?
你的裙子怎么了
What's happened to your dress?
这个...
Uh, well, uh,
艾玛小姐和安乐顿小姐去了集市
Miss Emma went to market with Miss Allerton,
就像我说的 当时
like I said, when
砰地一声
thwack.
屠夫宰了一头猪 血就那么
The butcher slaughtered a pig, and blood just
-溅得到处都是 -贝琳达 够了
- splattered-- - Belinda, that's enough.
去厨房♥忙吧
Tend the kitchen.
妈妈 我去找弗兰克了
Mother, I went to look for Frank.
在酒店
At the hotel?
-那个死亡之屋不是你该去的地方 -我已经不是孩子了
- That death house is no place for a child. - I'm not a child anymore!
禁止你去那儿
You are forbidden to go there!
去哪
Go where?
她去医院了 去找弗兰克
She's been to the hospital, looking for Frank Stringfellow.
你找到他了吗
Did you find him?
没有 先生
No, sir,
-我没有 -嗯 那这事就这样吧
- I didn't. - Well, then, that's done.
你以后
You will, in the future,
说话时对你母亲放尊重点
speak to your mother with greater respect,
你也不准再去那个酒店了
and you will not return to the hotel.
对不起 母亲
I'm sorry, mother.
-原谅我 -当然了
- Forgive me. - Of course.
艾玛 你有汤姆的消息吗
Emma, did you hear any news of Tom?
汤姆 · 费尔法克斯
Tom Fairfax.
我没去找汤姆
I wasn't looking for Tom.
下次我会再看看
I'll try again next time.
下次?
Next time?
你住在这下面
You live over in the bottoms?
今晚去散步吗
You walking there tonight?
布伦先生让我一直工作
Mr. Bullen got me working on.
我很在乎你 奥瑞莉娅
I got eyes for you, Aurelia.
项链已经说明一切了
That necklace told me as much.
我的胳膊
My arm!
-噢 -士兵
- Ohh. - Soldier!
怎么了
What is it?
我的血 流个不停
I feel my blood. It's running dry.
医生们在哪
Where are the doctors?
只有福斯特医生在了 他还要给病人手术
No one left but Dr. Foster. He's got a patient in surgery.
我找找其他人
I'll send for someone else.
肱动脉大出血
Hemorrhage, brachial artery.
-我去找 更快点 -你得留下来
- I'll go myself-- fast. - You need to stay.
快让它停下来吧 求求你
Make it stop, please!
-这个人等不了了 -原谅我 上帝
- This man can't wait. - Forgive me, lord.
给我拿些线
Give me some thread.
-塞缪尔 我们不能... -线
- Samuel, we can't-- - Thread.
我需要光照
I-I need more light.
他们摘除子弹的时候 血管破裂了
When they removed the bullet, the blood vessel got ruptured.
他们烧灼了伤口来消毒
They cauterized over it.
现在感染了 他会失血过多死掉
It's infected now. He'll bleed to death.
噢 不 我要死了 妈妈 救救我啊
Oh, no, they're killing me. Mother, please.
不 我不能让你这么做
No, I can't let you do this.
-我们需要一个专业的人 -我知道 玛丽小姐
- We need someone who knows how. - I know how, Miss Mary.
我知道怎么做
I know how!
这个男孩要么被一个黑人救了 要么孤独地死掉
This boy gets saved by a nigger, or he dies alone.
我的胳膊!
My arm!
他需要三氯甲烷
He needs chloroform.
麻♥醉♥药♥
你需要把布弄湿
You need to dampen the cloth
-然后放在他嘴上 -是的 我之前见过
- and place it over his mouth. - Yes, I've seen it done.
帮我保持伤口张开
Help hold the wound open.
血让我不舒服
Blood makes me uneasy.
克服下
You'll need to overcome that.
破裂处在这
There is the rupture.
现在帮我勒紧动脉
Now pinch the artery for me.
我会围着绑一圈
I'll tie a loop around it.
留一个末梢出来
Leave an end dangling out.
这样医生可以每天拽一点出来
That way, a doctor can pull it a little every day
直到线断掉 破裂处愈合
until the thread rots off and the rupture is closed.
如果他们不知道 你要告诉他们
If they don't know how, you got to tell them.
这叫做血管结扎
It's called a ligature.
我们怎么知道这会有用
How will we know if it worked?
会成功的
It'll work.
我之前做过
I've done it before.
菲尼女士
Miss Phinney.
发生什么了
What happened here?
他疼得很厉害
He was in grave pain.
伤口在溢血 所以
The wound was hemorrhaging, so--
谁做了这个血管结扎
who tied this ligature?
我
I did.
狄克思女士教过我
Miss Dix trained me how.
狄克思女士
Miss Dix?
那又是谁教的她
And who trained her?
每一天 我们都需要...
Every day, we'll need to--
拽这个线头直到线断掉 伤口愈合
pull on the end until the thread rots and the rupture closes.
我还有个病人要做手术
I've got a patient on the table.
小时候贝伦森先生教了我很多东西
Dr. Berenson taught me things when I was little.
从那以后 我就一直在学
Ever since, I just kept on learning.
你还好吗 福斯特医生
Are you all right, Dr. Foster?
没事
Well.
我没事
I'm well.
当作建议
By way of advice,
无论别人怎么说我们对联邦军伤员更关照
nowhere does it say we get to favor the patients we approve of.
在这 只有一种士兵
In here, this is only one type of soldier--
就是伤员
the wounded.
还没有房♥间吗
No room yet?
-还没有 我... -好吧
- No. I'm-- - Well.
女总管一会就来了
the matron will surely be by soon.
允许的话 我能提个建议吗
If I may, by way of advice?
你在种族问题上的认识还非常落后
Your views on race are unenlightened.
我在马里兰州种植园长大
I grew up on a Maryland plantation.
我刚学会走的时候就和奴隶们一起卷烟了
I was rolling cigars with the slaves when I was barely walking.
最多的时候我们有6♥4♥个黑奴
We had 6♥4♥ of them at one point.
一个蓄奴家庭出身的联邦外科医生
A Union surgeon from a slave-holding family.
-你真是充满了惊喜 医生 -我的重点在于
- You are full of surprises, doctor. - My point being,
我比你更了解这些事情
I know more of these things than you do.
我能区分对错
I know right from wrong.
我也能分辨出来我是在跟一个
And I can tell when I'm talking to someone
-同样明白的人对话 -你想在奴隶制问题上挑战我
- who also knows the difference. - You want to challenge me on slavery?
这不是我们该关心的
It's not our concern.
-不是吗 -不是
- Isn't it? - No.
我们救人性命 因此我请求你
We keep men alive, so what I am asking,
要求你
demanding,