our life will resume much as it was.
在此之前 我们分享这座房♥子
Until then, we share our house with them.
可不止我们的房♥子
Not only our house!
我们的街道 我们的食物 我们的牛奶
Our streets, our food, our milk,
连我们的旅馆都变成了他们的停尸房♥
and our hotel is turned into their charnel house.
-艾玛 -我不允许你这样说
- Emma. - I will not have you talk that way.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
但南方邦联政♥府♥会让一切好起来的
But the confederacy will make it right.
-像弗兰克一样的士兵 -还有汤姆
- Soldiers like Frank. - And Tom.
他们正为我们而战
They're fighting for us.
是呀 要是我们格林家的男人像你俩男友勇敢就好了
Oh, yes, if only we Green men were as brave as your two beaus.
至少他们能够挺身而出
Well, at least they're willing to stand up for something.
或者白白牺牲
Or die for nothing.
其他男人都去打仗或离开了 你俩却在这儿做生意
How do you think it looks to have a brother and father doing business here
想想别人会怎么看我们
while all the other men have either gone to fight or fled?
好了 到此为止 不要和吉米争了
All right, now. Leave Jimmy alone.
大家都平静一下
Let's all breathe
来吃些炖大黄
and have some... stewed rhubarb.
常和草莓一起用来做馅
部分品种可食用
大黄
Rhubarb?
-早餐吃这个 -别挑肥拣瘦了 亲爱的
- For breakfast? - Beggars and choosers, dear.
别挑肥拣瘦了
Beggars and choosers.
萨默斯医生 狄克思女士委派我来的
Dr. Summers, I was sent by Miss Dix.
我知道 菲尼小姐
I'm aware, Miss Phinney,
还是该称呼你冯 · 奥霍森男爵夫人
or should I say Baroness Von Olnhausen?
"菲尼小姐"就行 谢谢
"Miss Phinney" will do, thank you.
我是来帮忙的
I aim to be of service here.
是的 是的
Oh, yes, yes.
一位迷人的日耳曼寡妇应该能派上用场
A fancy Teutonic widow should come in handy.
男人们总是嚷嚷着要吃烤乳猪
The men are always clamoring for spanferkel.
我的丈夫是德国人
My husband, the baron, was German.
但我是土生土长的新英格兰人
I myself am a born-and-bred New Englander.
那就没有烤乳猪了
So, no spanferkel, then?
你会看到我有比烘烤乳猪更有用的能力
I believe you'll find I have more to contribute than suckling pig.
你可低估了烤猪这件事
You underestimate suckling pig.
我有护士经验
I have experience as a nurse.
照顾过几个生病的亲属 包括我的丈夫
I've looked after several invalid relatives, including my husband.
什么
What?
死了的公爵
the dead Duke?
听上去结局并不怎么好 是吧
Well, that didn't turn out so well, did it?
已经生了坏疽
Eh, gangrene has set in.
味道还不是这儿最糟的
The smell is the least of it.
-肯德里克 换下这个 -好的 先生
- Kendrick, change this. - Yes, sir.
奉献自己 你能做到吗
Contribute, will you?
等我给你找到带床的房♥间
As soon as I find you a room with a bed
配一面镜子 我们正缺镜子呢
and a looking glass-- of which we're in very short supply,
顺便
by the way--
找个人为你取食物和买♥♥东西
and someone to fetch meals and get little things for you?
是不是还要有标致的男仆晚上为你揉脚呢
Perhaps a pretty young houseboy to rub your feet at night?
我要求不多
I require only minimal comforts.
噢 我的眼睛
Oh, my eye!
我的眼睛
My eye!
你根本不了解你要面对的是什么 不是吗
You've no idea what you're signing up for here, do you?
回波士顿去吧
Go back to Boston.
我拒绝
I will not.
狄克思女士委派我来 给了我明确的指示
Miss Dix dispatched me with precise instructions.
你去告诉那个悍妇 我会自己选择员工 包括护士
You tell dragon Dix that I'll choose my own staff, nurses included.
如果我需要她的帮助 我会开口
If I need her help, I'll ask for it.
舞厅那边需要你 先生
You're needed in the ballroom, sir.
女总管
Matron...
看哪里能够安排公爵夫人
See what accommodations can be arranged
住下来
for the duchess.
护士的房♥间在顶楼
The nurses' rooms be on the top floor.
你可能得和他人共享一间
You may have to share one.
只要有张床便足够了
All I need is a bed somewhere.
这里还从来没有过护士长
Haven't had a... head nurse before.
应该会有所帮助吧
It should help, don't you think?
我想狄克思女士觉得有吧
I guess Miss Dix thinks it does.
也许我应该谨慎行事
It may be prudent for me to proceed at a deliberate pace.
先花点时间适应和学习
For now, I'll take some time to acclimate, study,
看下这里如何运作的
learn how things work.
来吧
Come.
这里是手术室
Here's the surgical room.
就是那条腿
Just that leg.
麻烦递下锯子 在那里切深一些
Pass the saw, please? In there deep.
你一定就是新来的护士了
Ah, you must be the new nurse.
黑尔医生 手术室主任
I am Dr. Hale, Chief Operating Surgeon.
你会说德语的吧
You do speak German, don't you?
离开你 时间如永恒般缄默
亲爱的艾玛
我不能理解的是
What I can't understand
为什么要收留他们的伤员
is why we're bringing in their wounded.
大概有多少个伤员
How many wounded would you say?
五六个吧
Five or six.
巴特纳特的?
Butternuts?
来这里?
Here?
弗吉尼亚的士兵
Virginia boys.
要我说 就把他们扔到外面喂秃鹰
I say, leave them out there for the buzzards.
你看上去不是很舒服啊
You look a bit faint, dear.
在华盛顿 一切都显得更...
In Washington city, everything was much more...
文明些
civilized.
这里需要帮忙
I need help in here!
天呐 真是瞎了眼 怎么又乱套了
Oh, Lord blind me, what's this ruckus?
放下枪
Put it down!
-离我远点 你个屠夫 -放下你的枪
- Off of me, you butcher! - Put it down.
女总管 你能向这位善良的人解释下
Ah, Matron, will you explain to this good man
氯仿不会要了他的命吗
that chloroform will not kill him?
士兵
Soldier!
-立刻把枪放下 -我是不会放下的
- Put that gun down now! - I ain't putting nothing down.
感谢你的尝试 女总管
I appreciate your practical approach, Matron,
但我们早就试过了
but we've tried that tack already.
给我退后
I said stay back, now!
往后退
Stay back!
放下
Put it down!
我说了放下
Put it down, I say!
你给我发誓 我的胳膊等会儿不会被扔到窗外
Swear you ain't gonna be tossing my arm out the window in an hour?
我无意也不想锯掉你的胳膊
I have neither intention nor desire to amputate your arm.
-说实话 该死的 -伤口感染了
- Tell me the truth, God damn it! - The wound's infected.
子弹头需要取出来
The ball needs to come out.
但老天作证
But God as my witness,
我会尽我所能保全你的胳膊
I'll do everything in my power to keep you and your arm attached.
我要离开这个该死的房♥子
I want out of this death house!
立刻给我准备吃的和一匹马
Provisions and a horse, now!
♪Maid of golden hair♪
♪金发的少女♪
《Aura Lea》: 美国内战时期关于一位少女的歌♥曲
♪Sunshine came along with thee♪
♪阳光伴随着你♪
我不想伤害你 小姐 但别逼我动手
Now, I don't mean to hurt you,miss, but I will, if needs be.
士兵 这是个休养生息的地方 别拿枪晃来晃去
Soldier, this is a place of peace and healing, not a place for guns.
他妈的谎言
That's a damn lie!
这里根本就是战场
It's a place of war!
按住他
Help him!
-安静 -别挣扎了
- Settle down! - Stop your struggling.
你这个泼妇
You termagant!
你个懦夫
You coward!
-快去个人照看下那位 -我的胳膊
- Somebody tend to that one, quickly. - My arm.
夫人 护送那位小姐出去
Matron, escort that lady out.
再来点她那基♥督♥善行 我们总有个人会遭殃
Any more of her Christian care may just get one of us killed.
作为一位平民 你可真令人刮目相看
Impressive for a civilian.
丈夫还是儿子
Husband or son?
你来这里看望谁
Who are you here to visit?
没人 我是狄克思夫人派来的
No one. I was sent by Miss Dix.
不是吧
No!