Perhaps his being a confederate has had some bearing?
-谁这么告诉他的 -病案报告里
- Who told him that? - On his case report.
上面说他是由黑尔医生诊断的
It says he was examined by a Dr. Hale.
呼吸急促
Shortness of breath,
心悸
palpitations,
发汗
sweating.
胸口疼
Chest pain.
还有注意力分散
And the mental distraction?
有趣
Interesting.
有一个费城的军队医生
There is an army doctor in Philadelphia,
雅各布 · 蒙德兹 · 达 · 科斯塔
Jacob Mendes Da Costa.
一直在研究士兵们的通病
Been studying a malady common among soldiers.
症状是由战争创伤所造成的心悸
Cardiac palpitations precipitated by battle trauma.
和你朋友的状况吻合
This boy's symptoms match up.
达 · 科斯塔称它为"士兵的心脏"
Da Costa refers to it as soldier's heart.
能做点什么吗
What can be done for him?
就没有温和点的疗法吗
Isn't there a treatment less invasive?
吗♥啡♥效果最佳
Morphine works best.
-我是说能不用注射器吗 -不能吃药么
- I mean the needle. - Isn't there a pill?
达不到同样的功效
Not with the same efficacy.
我现在感觉好多了
I'm feeling better.
真的 好多了
Really, I am.
福斯特医生
Dr. Foster?
好的 我知道 受踩踏伤的病人 马上就去
Yes, yes, trampling victim, presently.
他是个宾夕法尼亚骑兵
He is a Pennsylvania cavalryman.
菲尼女士 你对我工作的方式有意见吗
Miss Phinney, do you take issue with the way I'm doing my job?
想好了再回答 因为接下来我会问 "我在乎吗?"
Now, answer carefully because the next question will be, "do I care?"
这位医生正在治疗汤姆
The doctor is helping Tom now.
小姐 这不关你的事
Miss, this is not your business.
这确实关我的事
It is, indeed.
你甚至不该出现在这里
You are not even meant to be here.
-你说什么 -原谅我们 小姐
- Pardon me? - Please excuse us, miss.
这是怎么回事
What is all this?
那个骑兵是你的什么人吗
This cavalryman, is he someone to you?
-当然不是了 -那你急什么
- No, not at all. - Then why the urgency?
那个伤员是喝醉了从马上摔下来了
The boy got drunk, fell off his horse,
摔坏了他的屁♥股♥
and was kicked in the rump on his way down.
他是怕错过了领♥取♥奖章吗
Is he late to receive his medal?
他可以等 我一会儿过去
He can wait. I'll be with him soon.
伍德注射器是个精妙的设备
Wood's syringe is an excellent device.
由苏格兰人亚历山大 · 伍德发明的
Developed by Alexander Wood, a Scotsman,
一个法国整形外科医生称它为普拉瓦
and a French orthopedic surgeon called Pravaz.
前几年在欧洲的时候
I was in Europe a few years back
我见过在西班牙猎犬身上使用
and saw Pravaz demonstrate on a spaniel.
-狗 -是的
- A dog? - Mm.
不但完全康复了 叫得还很欢快
Made a full recovery, barking happily ever after.
数到十 汤姆
Count to 10, Tom.
1, 2...
One, two...
-吗♥啡♥注射实验 -3...
- Experimenting with injecting morphine. - Three...
-我在国外就开始研究它了 -4
- I started looking into it when I was abroad. - Four.
比吃药见效快得多
It's faster than swallowing a pill...
而且十分安全
and it is perfectly safe.
6, 7...
Six, seven...
汤姆
Tom?
很好
Very good.
最快纪录
Fastest yet.
-我得把这记下来 -福斯特
- I must make a note of that. - Foster.
借一步说话
A moment, please.
不用感谢我 裙子小姐
No need to thank me, hoop skirt.
那个南军士兵不是你的病人
That reb was not your patient.
我以为所有的伤者都是我们的病人
I think of them all as our patients.
-我没有授权于你 -这不是手术章程
- I did not authorize it. - It was not a surgical procedure.
你在这上没有权利管理我
Your authorization was not required.
你把珍贵的镇静剂浪费在同盟军逃兵身上
You wasted a useful opiate on a confederate malingerer.
他很痛苦
He was in pain.
痛苦对人有好处
Pain is good.
-痛苦是一种宣泄 -那不是肉体上痛苦
- Pain is cathartic. - Not that kind of pain.
他经受着严重的心律不齐和焦虑
He was suffering from extreme heart irregularity, anxiety.
你不能用那种皮下注射器
You cannot use that hypodermic contraption
作为输送装置 对一个装病的逃兵
as a delivery mechanism for an unnecessary medication
进行一个根本不必要的治疗
to a mythological condition
特别是一个联盟的敌人
suffered by an enemy to the Union.
好吧 听你这么说好像确实很糟糕
Well, it does sound bad when you put it like that.
眼眶错位的病人已经准备好手术了
The man with the dislocated eye socket is ready for surgery.
下不为例
This will not be tolerated.
我在大厅发现了你的东西 女士
I found these in the lobby, miss.
-你应该想看着它们 -是的 谢谢
- You might want to mind them. - Yes, thank you.
谢谢帮忙
I'm obliged.
我们见过吗
Uh, we met outside?
-我是塞缪尔 · 迪格斯 -你是士兵吗
- I'm Samuel Diggs. - You're an orderly?
我们不被允许参军
They don't let us be orderlies.
萨默斯医生雇我当个工人
Dr. Summers brought me on as a laborer.
-你曾经属于一个医生吗 -我从未当过奴隶 女士
- Were you owned by a doctor? - Never been owned, miss.
我在一个内科医生家中长大
I grew up in a physician's household,
费城的贝伦森医生
Dr. Berenson of Philadelphia.
我见他治好过许多病人
I watched him save many a patient.
如果你需要帮助 告诉我
If you need anything, you let me know.
我会的 迪格斯先生
I'll be sure to, Mr. Diggs.
我去看了那个喝醉的骑兵
I've been to see your drunk cavalryman.
他唯一需要的是弥补受伤的尊严
All he needs is something for his wounded pride.
那些"禁运品" 他们十分狡诈
Contrabands, you know, they can be very tricky.
走私过来的黑奴
-他不是走私过来的 -他们无所不为
- He's not a contraband. - They steal. They lie.
他们肆意妄为只为证明自己是自♥由♥人了
They feel because they are free, they must answer to no one.
不好意思 我们不是正为了解放黑人而战吗
Pardon me, but aren't we fighting to free men of color?
这不正是这场战争的目的吗
Isn't that what this war is about?
不 是为了保护美国不会分♥裂♥
No, it's about preserving the Republic.
即使林肯不承认
Even Lincoln says so.
这个男孩需要一个牧师
That boy needs the chaplain.
没有治愈的希望了吗
Is there no hope?
子弹全嵌在他体内
There's buckshot all through his body,
多到让我们甚至无法动手术
too much for us to even begin extracting.
当药物无用时 不如试着依靠信仰
When medicine fails, give faith a try.
纽约 周四 1862年5月1日
第♥一♥夫♥人♥兄弟 盟军军官
塞缪尔·布朗·托德 于夏洛伊死亡
真是奇怪的日子
Strange days.
纽约 周四 1862年5月1日
第♥一♥夫♥人♥兄弟 盟军军官
塞缪尔·布朗·托德 于夏洛伊死亡
纽约 周四 1862年5月1日
第♥一♥夫♥人♥兄弟 盟军军官
塞缪尔·布朗·托德 于夏洛伊死亡
第♥一♥夫♥人♥的兄弟竟然曾是我们的人
Even the first lady's brother was on our side.
那是她同父异母的兄弟
This was her half-brother.
她亲兄弟是一个南军军医
Her brother is a confederate surgeon.
又是个医生
Not another doctor.
至少他是战死的
At least he died fighting.
吉米 你不能参军
Jimmy, you're not able to soldier.
我的脚根本不碍事
My foot is no deterrent.
医生说我很快就能摆脱手杖了
The doctor said I could stop using the cane soon.
我需要你在身边
I need you here.
我不能让这个家继续没落了
I won't have this family further depleted.
我们已经没落了
We are depleted
当朋友邻居都认为我们是懦夫的时候
when our friends and neighbors think we are cowards.
-他们没有那么看我们 -得了
- They don't think that. - Please.
你听见她们怎么说了
You heard the girls.
你们要出去吗
Are you two off somewhere?
有些事情要去处理
We have business to attend to.
吉米
Jimmy?
别担心 亲爱的
Nothing to worry about, dear.
先生
Uh, sir?
能给我些水吗
Uh, some water, i-if you please?
等着吧 恶人
In a minute, Grayback.
来
Here.
我帮你端着杯子