"新来的护士"
法纳姆小姐 你的裙装令人厌恶
Your dress is abominable, Miss Farnham.
"新来的护士"
法纳姆小姐 你的裙装令人厌恶
Your dress is abominable, Miss Farnham.
还有你的发式 令人生厌
Most abominable, and your hair.
我不希望我的护士们穿成这样
I do not wish my nurses to dress in that manner.
这些士兵必须专注康复 不是你的石榴裙
These boys must be looking to their recuperation, not the hem of your skirts.
你备受推荐 但我没想到你会如此穿着
You come highly recommended, but I had no idea you wore such a dress.
菲尼小姐
Miss Phinney.
你正在服丧啊
You are in mourning.
我丈夫一年前去世了
My husband died a year ago.
素色长裙很适合你
Well, the frock suits you.
华盛顿 1862年
在这个苦痛交加的战乱时期
In a time of pain and chaos,
华盛顿 1862年
我们负责施以怜悯 传递秩序
we are instruments of mercy and order.
华盛顿 1862年
我们负责施以怜悯 传递秩序
we are instruments of mercy and order.
但我们对这些士兵的责任仅限于此
That and only that is what we offer the boys.
吉普森小姐
Miss Gibson!
非常清楚 狄克思女士
Quite clear, Miss Dix.
我知道
I see here.
在男爵生病期间
You looked after the good baron
你在波士顿照顾了他和家里的两个年轻人
during his illness and two young family members in Boston.
在我生命中的困难时刻 护理给了我全新的目标
At a difficult time in my life, nursing gave me renewed purpose.
-如今 战争和泛滥成灾的奴隶制度 -奴隶制度 亲爱的
- Now with the war and the terrible plague of slavery - Slavery, dear girl,
比起抗♥议♥更需要祈祷
is a matter more of prayer than protest.
男人们打仗 女人们祷告
Men fight and women pray.
还轮不到我们对政♥治♥发表见解
It is not for us to opine on politics.
对不起 狄克思女士 但是...
Pardon me, Miss Dix, but...
奴隶制度并非一个政♥治♥问题
Slavery is not a political question.
而是一个道德议题
It is a moral argument.
-我们每个人都不得不... -怎样 亲爱的
- And we are obliged, each of us, to... - To what, dear child?
我只是想说 解放就要来了
I only mean to say, emancipation is upon us.
奴隶们会自♥由♥的
The slaves will be free.
那些不为之奋斗的人只会推迟它的到来
Those not fighting to bring that about only slow it down,
而更多的苦难将随之而来
and the more misery will come of it.
精彩 菲尼小姐
Wonderful, Miss Phinney.
说得太棒了
Wonderful.
又一位咄咄逼人的废奴主义者
Another noisy abolitionist.
正好有个地方适合你
I have just the place for you.
位于亚历山德里亚的一座医院
The mansion house hospital in Alexandria.
可爱的小镇 就在河对岸
Lovely town, just across the river.
军队几个月前入驻了此地
The army moved in a few months ago.
联邦军政♥府♥
老自治领银行
那就是个联邦小镇了
So it is a Union town, then.
联邦军政♥府♥
老自治领银行
联邦军政♥府♥
老自治领银行
不完全是
More or less.
那里被走私的奴隶越来越多
With a growing population of contraband slaves.
没关系 在想法相同的人里 我应该能帮上忙
Well, I'm sure I can be of use there, among like-minded people.
-谁是管事的护士 我会去向她报道 -你会是第一位
- Who is the nurse in charge? I'll report to her as... - You shall be the first.
-第一位? -首位狄克思护士 是的
- The first? - The first Dix nurse, yes.
无论别人怎么说 你就代表了我
You are my emissary, no matter what anyone tells you.
如果我接受的话... 会在那儿不被欢迎吗
Do I take it that I will... Will I not be welcome there?
军队医生向来不喜欢女人或护士
Army doctors do not like women or nurses
或者我
or me.
但你端庄得体 善于言谈
But you are dignified and well-spoken,
坚定而温和
firm but inoffensive,
朴素而不至于分心 你将会是个出色的护士
sufficiently plain so as not to distract. You'll do splendidly.
如果你不被欢迎 那就是我不被欢迎
And if you are not welcome, then I am not welcome,
我可不喜欢受人冷落
and I do not like to be unwelcome.
来吧
Now, come!
来为你的旅程做一些准备
Let's make arrangements for your travel.
豪 宅 酒 店
卖♥♥假肢哟 卖♥♥假眼哟
Peg legs! Glass eyeballs!
为爱人买♥♥条丝带吧
A ribbon for your honey!
你叫什么名字 南军士兵
What's your name, Reb?
费尔法克斯
Fairfax.
汤... 汤姆 · 费尔法克斯 第十七弗吉尼亚步兵
T-Tom Fairfax, 17th Virginia Infantry.
来 把他抬进去
Come on, now. Here we go.
小心点
All right, easy now.
这是一个联邦医院吧
This is a Union hospital, yes?
而这个人是同盟军
And this man is a confederate?
我们接收任何来这的伤员
Orders are, we take in whoever ends up here.
护士 这边
Nurse, over here!
我 我的腿
My-my leg!
护士 过来下 我需要你的帮助
Nurse, excuse me. I need your help.
我感受不到我的脚趾了
I-I can't feel my toes.
护士 护士 快来这边
Nurse. Nurse, come-- come over here.
凝视着 以怜悯的目光
Look on him with eyes of mercy,
在他巨大的痛苦下 给以耐心
give him patience under his affliction,
在你美好的时光里 还以他健康
and, in thy good time, restore him to health.
允许他主导自己残存的生命
And enable him to lead the residue of his life...
致以你的敬畏 你的荣光
...to thy fear and to thy glory.
放开我
Let me go!
我发了誓要让它飘扬 我一定要做到
I took a vow to keep it flying, and I damn well will!
请帮帮我
Please. Please help me.
从狄克思女士那里来的?
You're from Miss Dix?
你需要去见一下萨默斯医生
You need to see Dr. Summers.
你是女总管吗 我是菲尼小姐
Are you the matron? I'm Miss Phinney.
我知道你是谁
I know who you are.
好吧
Well...
这里肯定曾是个非常好的酒店
This must have been quite a hotel.
当然 支持分离论的贵族曾拥有这里
Certainly, for the Secesh upper crust.
属于格林一家
Family that owned it, the Greens,
他们太爱这里了 不愿离去
they love it so much, they refuse to leave.
受伤的叛军就沿街住着
Blasted rebels live right down the street.
请小心一些
Please, be careful.
这可是真正的印度象牙
That is true Indian ivory,
我丈夫的祖父 一位海军上将带回来的
brought back by my husband's grandfather, the admiral.
听着 你必须格外小心地收好
Listen, you must store it
very, very safely.
我们要怎么才能收回它
How shall we reclaim it?
一定要小心啊 请务必小心
Please be careful with that, please!
麦克莱伦把他们打得临阵脱逃
McClellan's got them turning tail.
不久我们也能拿下里士满了
We'll have Richmond before long.
毫无疑问
No doubt about it.
我们的人一直在往那边前进
We got more boys headed down there all the time.
早安 爸爸
Morning, papa.
妈妈
Mama.
他们弄坏了印度大木箱
They broke the Indian chest!
还有一个象头掉在院子里
One of the elephant heads fell off in the yard.
我在走廊里发现了一个象牙
I found a tusk in the hallway.
真遗憾 母亲
I'm sorry, Mother.
别想吃苹果了
Don't ask for an apple.
北方佬全都吃光了
Yankees took the last of them.
那我要一个鸡蛋好了
All right. Then I'll get an egg.
士兵们昨天就吃完了
Soldiers ate them all up yesterday.
可恶的不速之客们
Foul intruders.
我父亲在这儿定会惩戒每个人
My father would have taken a paddle to every last one.
幸运的是 你父亲不在这里
Fortunately, your father's not here.
那大木箱可是你们家的传家宝 詹姆斯
That chest was an heirloom, James, from your family.
正是
Exactly.
你不见我苦恼 那是因为我们只能尽力适应了
You don't see me fretting. All we can do is make the best of the situation.
那可不是事实
That's not all.
我们可以离开
We could go.
-离开? -其他的家庭已经走了
- Leave our home? - Other families have.
而他们失去了一切
And other families have lost everything,
在异乡靠着他人的慷慨施舍生活
relying upon the generosity of other people in other places.
我们不走 这儿才是我们的家
Not us. Alexandria is our home.
-你试过这果酱了吗 -恩 太美味了
- Have you tried the jam? - Yes. Quite good.
等三四个月后一切都结束了
When this is over, three or four months from now,
生活会一如往日