喝点水
have some water.
爱丽丝 是你吗
Alice, is that you?
不 汤姆 我是艾玛
No, Tom. It's Emma,
爱丽丝的姐姐
Alice's sister.
对不起 我...
Sorry. My head is...
不怎么清醒
Is not so clear.
我在找弗兰克
I'm looking for Frank.
他之前跟你在一起吗
Was he with you?
弗兰克 · 斯特林菲洛
Frank Stringfellow?
我不记得了
I don't remember.
乔治跟我在一起
George was with me.
乔治 · 汉德森
George Henderson.
我们在硝烟中走散了
I lost him in the smoke.
没关系 汤姆
It's all right, Tom.
我陪你坐会儿 缓解下你的紧张
Let me sit with you a while, settle your nerves.
一切都会好起来的
Everything will be better soon.
我们可以一起尽情回忆
We can tell all the old stories
儿时的那些往事
from when we were children.
这是一种英式方法
This is the English method
南丁格尔女士和我共同实行
which Miss Nightingale and I implemented
在克里米亚取得了巨大的成功
to great success in the Crimea.
它有时被叫做"石膏固定疗法"
It is sometimes referred to as "Plaster of Paris",
那是错误的 我想这是因为法国人总爱
a misnomer I attribute to the distasteful French habit
无♥耻♥地抄袭英国人的创意
of taking credit for British innovation.
实施环境必须整洁干净
Conditions must be pristine...
绷带要重新包扎 脏纱布要换掉
old bandages redressed, soiled linens replaced,
更得保证营养
nutritional needs attended to.
滋补其身体之后
And once we have fed the body,
我们同样需要丰满其精神
we must also feed the mind of the man.
治愈疾病是一门艺术 不是一门科学
To heal the sick is an art, not a science.
西斯廷教堂
罗马教皇私用经堂
教皇选出仪式举♥行♥之处
每位病人都是我们的救赎之地
Every patient is our Sistine Chapel.
正如卑鄙的法国人所说
So, as the rascally French say,
就是这样啦
voilà.
明天 我会讲一下重伤士兵的
Tomorrow, I shall address dietary needs
饮食需要
of the grievously wounded.
黑斯廷斯女士
Uh, Miss Hastings?
来见一下我们的新护士 菲尼女士
Uh, meet our new nurse, Miss Phinney.
-可怜的女士刚刚失去她的丈夫… -黑尔医生 我知道的
- Poor thing was recently widowed... - Yes, Dr. Hale, I'm aware.
无需对自己的不幸感到羞耻 菲尼女士
No need to be ashamed of your inexperience, Miss Phinney.
我没有 黑斯廷斯女士
Oh, I'm not, Miss Hastings.
当你在波士顿
While you were in Boston
-整理高贵的公爵的房♥子时... -男爵
- keeping the good Duke's house... - Baron.
我可是在斯库台湖
I was in Scutari,
拯救生命
saving lives.
我知道 我读过南丁格尔女士的书
Yes, I've read Miss Nightingale's book.
她真是令人敬佩
She was most impressive.
我们在克里米亚的成就
Our accomplishment in the Crimea
是我们共同的骄傲
is something we're all proud of.
菲尼女士 十分有能力的...
Uh, Miss Phinney, uh, is quite promising--
弗罗伦萨 我离开之后就这么叫她
Florence, as I was given leave to call her,
是护士这一神圣称谓的真正起源
was the mother of this high and holy calling known as nursing.
我很乐意将我的智慧传授于你
I will be happy to impart what wisdom I can to you.
非常感谢 真心的
I appreciate that. Truly.
这么说 你是狄克思女士派来的
So, you come from Miss Dix?
是的
Yes, I do.
你的职位呢 你来到这儿的职位是
And your position? What is your position to be?
我是... 一名护士
I am... a nurse.
前来代表狄克思女士
Here to represent Miss Dix and, uh,
协调...
coordinate...
让公♥馆♥的护理事务在她的指引和领导之下
the nursing at mansion house with her guidelines and directives.
那么你没有头衔了?
You have no title, then?
众所周知 狄克思女士喜欢等级制度
Heaven knows, Miss Dix loves hierarchy.
我是来当护士长的
I am to be the Head Nurse.
护士长
The Head Nurse?
但是我还有很多要学的
But I have much to learn,
能有你的支持我将感激不尽
so I am glad I will have you to rely upon.
允许我问你
Allow me to ask you
一个问题
a question
弗罗伦萨曾在我们刚到塞利米耶营区时
Florence put to the 38 of us when we first arrived at the Selimiye Barracks
面对着满床的将死之人
and saw all those beds filled with dying boys.
"女士们" 她问到
"Ladies," she asked,
-"你们害怕吗" -你是在问我害怕吗
-"are you afraid?" - Are you asking if I'm afraid?
关于你将在这里面对的一切
Of what you will face here within these walls
在这场野蛮的战争结束之前
before this savage struggle is over?
不是每个人都适合
Not everyone was made for this.
而我清楚的是
And one thing I have learned is how
恐惧之下无硕果
very little can be accomplished under the spirit of fear.
我像是会害怕的人吗 黑斯廷斯女士
Do I seem afraid to you, Miss Hastings?
我记得西塞罗曾写到
I think it was Cicero who wrote, "res ipsa loquitur."
事实自辩
The thing speaks for itself.
我很害怕
I'm scared.
嘘 汤姆 我在这呢
Shh, Tom. I'm here now.
等我回家 就告诉爱丽丝你回来了
When I go home, I'll tell Alice you're back,
-她会... - 不
- and she'll-- - No!
求你
Please.
别告诉她
You can't.
但是 她得知道你平安无事
Well, she has to know you're all right.
我不想让她看到我这副样子
I won't have her see me like this.
答应我
Please promise me.
那等你准备好 我再告诉她
When you're ready, then.
他们说我命大
They say I'm lucky.
子弹从我身边擦过
The shots passed right through me,
-但... -你还活着
- but still-- - you're alive.
才是最重要的
That's what matters.
那些梦境
The dreams.
在脑海中不断出现
Things in my head.
有时我能保持清醒
Sometimes I know they ain't real.
有时我会深陷其中
But other times, I-I lose track.
现在他就在这
I think he's right here,
告诉我该朝哪走
telling me which way to go.
谁
Who is?
乔治
George.
乔治 · 汉德森
George Henderson.
或许他们有办法能使你放松下来 汤姆
Maybe there's something they can give you, Tom, for your nerves.
我无药可救了
There's no medicine for what ails me.
他们不知道我得了什么病
They don't understand what's in my head.
我会自己好起来的
I'll heal on my own.
看来你见过克里米亚的女王了
So, you met the queen of the Crimea.
-她看起来学识渊博 -当然
- She seems quite knowledgeable. - Yes.
而且无时无刻不在打击别人
And every lesson comes with a kick in the teeth.
图书室有一个受踩踏伤的伤员
There's a trampling victim in the library.
-他还没被诊断 -马上去
- He hasn't been seen yet. - Fast as I can.
-你还好吗 -恩
- Are you all right? - Yes.
我没事
Yes, I'm fine.
医生 你能帮下我吗
Doctor, would you help me?
圈环裙刺客
The hoop-skirt assassin.
我听说民防团正在四处找你呢
I hear there's a posse out for you.
-我去找其他人帮忙 -那样最好
- I'll find someone else. - Perhaps that is better.
那我偏要你帮忙
Or perhaps not.
我跟一个病人聊了聊
There's a patient here I was speaking with.
-家人吗 -不是
- A family member? - No.
那你就不该出现在这里
Then you don't belong here.
这可是我家的酒店
This is my family's hotel.
你才不属于这里
You are the one who doesn't belong.
啊
Well,
好一个亲切的主人
what a gracious host.
那个男孩受伤了
The boy is hurt,
他被人告知没救了
and he's been given to believe there is no remedy.
难道他是同盟军就活该受折磨