-你就是那个公爵夫人 -对
- You're the duchess? - Yes.
不 不
I mean no.
男爵夫人
Baroness.
你带烤乳猪来了么
Did you bring spanferkel?
好吧
All right, then.
先帮那些士兵擦擦身子吧 他们臭死了
Start by scrubbing that bunch over there. They're quite fetid.
你还没有房♥间么
Haven't you got a room?
是的 暂时还没
No, not yet.
包就靠墙放着吧
Leave your bags there, against the wall.
你这样的小姐不该来军事医院 亲爱的
Oh, military hospitals and crinoline don't mix, dearie.
你的父母知道你在这么
Do your parents know you're here?
我来这是为了给予士兵们抚慰
I've come to lend comfort to the soldiers.
是吗
Is that so?
怎么抚慰呢
What sort of comfort?
怜悯他们?
Sympathy?
表示友好?
And a friendly face?
你心地不错 亲爱的
Well, that's just fine, dearie,
但是联邦小伙儿需要更恰当的护理
but our Union boys are entitled to proper nursing care.
不
No.
不是那些北方佬
Not the Yankees.
是同盟军士兵
The confederates.
我知道你们接收了一些
I understand you have some.
确实有一些 你这样的甜心正好是他们需要的
Why, yes, we do, and you're just the thing they need.
好了
There.
终于帮你擦洗干净了
We have uncovered your natural hue.
希望今天的工作结束后 楼上的床能让你放松
May your bed above be easy for the day's work you are doing.
现在 脱掉这些鞋子
Now, off with these boots.
等等
Hold now!
别脱了
There you are.
我的脚脏得像鞋子一样了 真是不好分辨
It's hard telling which is dirtiest, the foot or the shoe.
抱歉
Oh, I'm so sorry.
第一课 准备给病人脱鞋之前
Lesson one: ascertain whether or not the patient is wearing boots
先确认他们穿没穿
before attempting to remove them.
在感染处进行截肢会有患脓毒症的风险
Amputation through the infected tissue risks causing pyemia.
这里是军队 福斯特
This is the army, Foster.
我们需要遵守程序 保证效率
We have a procedure to follow, efficiency to maintain.
医生誓约
Hippocratic oath
好吧 但我也有誓约要遵守
Yeah, and I have an oath to uphold.
你也发过誓 不是吗
You have one of those, too, don't you?
在巴尔的摩你也许是个春风得意的首席医师
You may be regarded as some fancy head doctor in Baltimore.
但在这里 你不过是个签了合同的普通外科医生
But here, you are nothing more than a civilian contract surgeon
听从我指挥
under my authority.
谨慎行事啊
Step cautiously.
我得去接一些干净的水
I must fetch some clean water.
-我对他发过誓 -我知道了 孩子
- I promised him! - I understand that, son.
我答应过他 我答应过我父亲
I promised him! I promised my father!
一切都还好吗
Is everything all right?
我向父亲说过 只要我还活着
I told my father I wouldn't let this flag drop
我绝不会让这面旗帜倒下
as long as I could take a breath.
-你父亲 他在这吗 -他牺牲了
- Your father, is he here? - He died in battle.
-你多大了 -18岁 夫人 一天不少
- How old are you? - 18, ma'am, not a day under.
这是服役的最低年龄
That's a minimum age to serve.
我确实18岁
I am.
我生于4月12日 184…
I was born April 12, 184...
1843年
3.
能让我拿着这面旗子么
Allow me to take that flag?
我保证它会被妥善保存的
I'll make sure it's well cared for.
不 夫人 不行 我不行 我真不行
No, ma'am, I can't. I can't! I can't!
他真的不能松手 护士
He truly can't, miss.
那玩意儿被血粘在他手上了
The damn thing is glued to his hand from the blood.
好吧
Very well.
你先拿着
Keep it for now.
我是冯 · 奥霍森护士
I'm nurse Von Olnhausen.
护士 冯...
Nurse Von
奥...
Ol..
霍...
Hau...
叫我玛丽护士就好了
Call me nurse Mary.
我是亨利 · 霍普金斯 这里的牧师
I'm Henry Hopkins. I'm the chaplain here.
主与你同在 玛丽护士
God be with you, nurse Mary.
孩子
Son?
你什么时候拿到这面旗子的
When did you take up the flag?
公♥馆♥的货物
Delivery for mansion house.
食物和厨具搬到地下室 你这癞皮狗
Food and kitchen items get hauled to the basement, you mangy dogs.
我有东西给你
I got you something.
太漂亮了
Oh, it's awful pretty.
一只鸟
A bird.
愿它带你远走高飞
For when you want to fly away.
回去工作 懒猪
Back to work, lazy cow.
动快点 小子
Move on now, boy.
你要做的活还多着呢
You got plenty to do.
我清楚得很 布伦先生
Don't I know it, Mr. Bullen?
总是各种各样的事等着我去做
All sorts of things for me to do.
你以为替萨默斯做事就代表你安全了
You think you're safe 'cause you work for Summers?
你小心点
You ain't safe.
小心我放狗咬你
I'll have them dogs on you
你可跑不过它们
quicker than a runaway in a cotton field.
没什么好看的 不是吗
Not much of a view, is it?
跟我来 我很乐意为你提供点帮助
Come, I would like to offer you an advantage
看看这里最优秀的护士
to observe the best at work,
安妮 · 黑斯廷斯是如何工作的
Miss Anne Hastings on her ward.
我对她有所耳闻
I've heard of her.
因在克里米亚进行护理而闻名
被誉为"提灯女神"
弗罗伦萨 · 南丁格尔培训的她 你知道吗
She trained under Florence Nightingale, you know.
"瞧
"Lo,
亨利 · 沃兹沃斯 · 朗费罗
《Santa Filomena》
亨利 · 沃兹沃斯 · 朗费罗
《Santa Filomena》
在那苦难的屋里 我看见
in that house of misery, the lady with a lamp
亨利 · 沃兹沃斯 · 朗费罗
《Santa Filomena》
在那苦难的屋里 我看见
in that house of misery, the lady with a lamp
一位提灯的女郎
I see,
经过那幽暗的微光
Pass through the glimmering gloom, and flit
轻盈地在屋中穿行"
from room to room."
拉尔夫 · 沃尔多 · 爱默生
美国思想家 文学家 诗人
爱默生的诗 你知道吗
That's Emerson, you know.
拉尔夫 · 沃尔多 · 爱默生
美国思想家 文学家 诗人
朗费罗 我认为是
Longfellow, I believe.
亨利 · 沃兹沃斯 · 朗费罗
19世纪美国最伟大的
浪漫主义诗人之一
亨利 · 沃兹沃斯 · 朗费罗
19世纪美国最伟大的
浪漫主义诗人之一
好吧
Well,
他们在克里米亚有提灯女神
they have their lady with a lamp in the Crimea,
我们在亚历山德里亚有安妮 · 黑斯廷斯
and we have Anne Hastings in Alexandria.
她是上天赐给士兵的礼物
She is God's gift to the boys.
我还得说一句
And I might add,
对我们医生也是啊
to us doctors, as well.
我以为萨默斯医生不喜欢女性志愿者呢
I got the impression Dr. Summers disapproves of lady volunteers.
对黑斯廷斯女士而言 他破例了
For Miss Hastings, he makes an exception.
我们都是如此
We all do.
来吧
Come.
你是弗吉尼亚骑兵团的吗
Are you from the Virginia Cavalry?
是的 夫人
Yes, ma'am.
我在找一位弗兰克 · 斯特林菲洛
I'm looking for a Frank Stringfellow.
我想他也许就曾和你并肩作战
He would have been fighting alongside you, I think.
我不...
I don't...
不好意思
Pardon me?
汤姆
Tom?!
汤姆 · 费尔法克斯
Tom Fairfax?
我不能呼吸了 这里...
I can't breathe. There's--
没有空气
there's no air.
来
Here,