I'll hold the cup for you.
你是一个对我友善的人
Yours is the first kind face I seen.
对他们来说 我们只是敌人
To them, all we is is the enemy.
他们太可悲了
Greater the pity for them.
你朋友怎么样了
How's your friend?
好多了 谢谢
Better. Thanks.
你在照顾这些人?
Are you tending to these men?
不然呢 总得有人才行
Well, someone must.
侯爵夫人
Marchioness?
过来下
A moment.
那个士兵的伤口不是几个小时前就该重新处理了吗
That man's wound ought to have been redressed hours ago, shouldn't it?
-是 我想是的 但是... -那里有个男人口很渴
- Yes, I suppose so, but it's-- - there are men in there who are thirsty,
身子很脏 床铺也需要整理
who are dirty, whose beds need to be remade.
我要求你给予所有伤员及时和同等的关照
I demand you get to these men, all of them, in a timely manner.
还有 把这些东西拿到一边去
And put these somewhere else.
区别对待可不是件易事
It must not be easy, having to decide who to help when.
那个你喂过水的人吗
That man whose thirst you were quenching?
我听说一个联盟士兵向他所在的排投降了
I heard that a Union boy surrendered to his platoon,
扔掉了自己的武器
gave up his weapon.
他刚扔掉武器 你的人就枪毙了他
Once he was unarmed, your man shot him dead,
就在他投降祈求一条生路的地方
right where he stood, pleading for his life.
对你来说 他是受害者
To you, he's a victim.
对我来说 他是个冷血杀手
To me, a cold-blooded killer.
不管他在外面如何
Whatever he was out there,
在这里 他仅仅只是口渴了
in here, he was merely thirsty.
难道在这里躺着的北方佬都是一身清白吗
Are there no sinning Yankees in these beds?
难道暴行都是敌人所犯下的
Atrocities are only ever committed by the enemy?
我还有工作要做
I have work to do.
可以告诉我你为什么要当护士吗
May I ask you how you came to nursing?
我丈夫也生过病
My husband got sick.
他是军人么
Is he in the army?
我...
I...
我很抱歉
I'm so sorry.
在这场战争中 我看到了实现自己价值的机会
With the war, I saw an opportunity to be of use.
我以为我了解这一切
I thought I knew how it would be,
和同胞并肩作战
working alongside compatriots,
照顾士兵
tending the boys.
为目标团结在一起
Joining behind a cause.
但这里 和我想象的不太一样
This is... a bit different.
我敬佩你有想出一把力的志向
I admire your aspirations to be of use.
我也开始有同样的想法了
I'm starting to feel the same pull.
如果真是这样 我...
If that is so, I...
-算了 这不关我的事 -噢 别
- No, it's not my business. - Oh, please!
给我一些建议吧
Advise me.
你年轻
You're young.
聪明能干又有主见 这是好事
Clearly intelligent with strong opinions. That's good.
大多数情况下
Mostly.
但是你的行为举止 穿着打扮
But your demeanor, your wardrobe,
你表达自己的方式
the way you comport yourself.
成为一个护士 有很多事你还需要
To be a nurse, these are things you'd have to...
再考虑考虑
reconsider.
是吗
Would I?
我正在尽可能委婉的告诉你
What I'm trying to say as gently as possible,
一个女人若想走向成熟
is there comes a time in every woman's growth
不得不抛开幼稚
when she must put away childish things.
你可以主动选择
You can do it by choice,
否则终有一天生活会迫使你如此
or you can wait for life to foist it upon you.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你的... 委婉
For your... gentleness.
或许一两年后 你就准备好了
Oh, perhaps in a year or two, you may be ready.
但到那时 我希望战争已经结束了
But by then, I expect this war shall be long over.
艾玛小姐 艾玛小姐
Miss Emma! Miss Emma!
贝琳达 你在这里做什么
Belinda, what are you doing here?
送货人看见你溜出去了
Deliveryman saw you run off.
你妈妈正找你呢
Your mama is looking for ya.
你得立刻跟我走
You need to come with me right now.
如果我们被发现在这 会有大♥麻♥烦
If we get caught in here, I don't want to think of the trouble we'll have.
我厌恶你对这里做的事情
I hate what you've done with the place.
贝琳达 安静下
Belinda, hush.
这里曾是东海岸一片
This used to be known as one of the finest hotels
众多一流酒店之一
on the eastern seaboard.
我相信有朝一日会再次辉煌的
And it will be again one day, I am sure.
为什么他们和美♥国♥佬♥待在一起
Why are they here with those yanks?
这不关我们的事 艾玛小姐 求你了 走吧
one of our business! Miss Emma, please.
是的 要实施规定
Yeah, enforce the rules.
我们曾共同战斗
We fought together,
我父亲和我
my dad and me,
肩并肩奋战 直到南军士兵在科恩斯镇抓住了他
side by side, until the rebs got him at Kernstown.
他支持你入伍吗
And he approved of your enlisting?
他知道我要还把自己当个男人 就不会留在家
He knew I couldn't stay back at home and still call myself a man.
你不是个男人
You're not a man.
-你还是个男孩 -我十八岁了 牧师
- You're a boy. - I'm 18, Reverend.
别告诉别人 我其实是17岁
Between you and me, I'm 17.
好吧 至少我15岁了 但到十月就16了
All right, I'm 15 if I'm a day, but I'll be 16 in October.
我想也是
I thought as much.
你口述一封信给你的家人
You say a letter home to your family, and
玛丽护士会帮你写下来
nurse Mary will write it down for you.
是的 当然
Certainly, I will.
我得去帮忙了
I must perform a service.
他们全家从康涅迪克州赶来了
The man's family has come all the way from Connecticut.
神父
Father?
上帝与你同在 孩子
God is with you, boy.
要像在战场上一样去战斗 甚至更加努力
As hard as you fought on the field, fight even harder now.
这封信是写给谁的呢
Who will the letter be to?
写给我的母亲 埃莉诺
To my mother, Eleanor,
和我的姐♥妹♥们♥
and my sisters,
露西
Lucy,
妮娜
Nina...
夏洛特
Charlotte,
和玛姬
and Maggie.
周围全是女孩 我才如此迷人 小姐
Girls all around me. That's why I'm such a charmer, miss.
确实
Indeed.
我竭力想做一个热情的主人 先生们
I strive to be a gracious host, gentlemen,
但我不得不收取每人五美分的租金 为了
but I have yet to receive a nickel of rent for your--
该怎么说呢
how do I put it?--
你们在我酒店的居住权
Occupancy in my hotel.
只要你发誓效忠 我们就会付这笔租金
The rent is payable upon your pledging the loyalty oath.
真是个麻烦事 不是吗
that's a pesky thing, isn't it?
谁都不能例外 先生
There are no exceptions, sir.
对谁都是一样
We enforce the rules in all fairness.
确实公平呀
Fairness, indeed.
你把这誓言当武器一样挥舞
You wield this oath like a club.
你说你想通过在这的工作实现人道主义
You say you want to be humane in your occupation here,
但是当联邦政♥府♥表现得
but what are my neighbors and I to think when
如此冷酷无情
the Union administration behaves in
我和我的邻居们又会怎么想
such a cold-hearted way?
我们会另找时间讨论这个问题
We'll discuss that at another time.
先讨论更紧要的
Now, for the business at hand.
我儿子一直在扩大我们家具公♥司♥的营业范围
My son has been broadening the scope of our furniture company.
我们已经开始制做棺材了
We have started building coffins.
这个市场 如你想象 令人痛苦地活跃着
The market, as you might imagine, is distressingly strong.
我们已经尽力去阻碍它接着活跃了
Well, we are doing our best to counteract that here.
是啊 但你的军队却让它不断发展
Yes, but your army is doing its best to keep it going.
我已经和布伦先生探讨过
I've discussed with Mr. Bullen the possibility
按这个速度为你们供应棺材的可行性
of providing coffins for you at a rate.
我们需要处理这些尸体 先生们
We need to dispose of the corpses, sirs.
棺材的供应能帮上大忙
It'd help to have coffins.
你的买♥♥卖♥♥ 无论怎样都要停下来 格林先生
Your business, by all rights, should be shut down, Mr. Green.
-先生 -而你还要我们去援助你
- Sir-- - And you ask for us to aid you?
我是说我们互相援助
I ask that we aid each other.
你几乎已经拥有我一生所为之倾注的全部