like floating pieces of rock right in the foreground.
我想这样会很棒
This, I think would be great.
本片最大的挑战是从头开始
The biggest challenges on this film is inventing every look
发想每个造型和创意
and every idea from the ground up.
我们从每个角度问自己
And at every angle, we've asked ourselves,
这个版本的量子领域是什么?
'What's the Quantum Realm version of this?
外星人版本的量子领域是什么?
"What's the Quantum Realm version of aliens?"
我们称他们外星人是因为习惯了
We call them aliens because that's the term we're used to,
我们习惯的简称
it's the shorthand we're used to.
但其实并不是
But essentially, it's not.
那是个截然不同的世界
It's a whole different world and a whole different way
另一种看待物种和生命的角度
of looking at species and life.
我们必须大胆发挥
We needed to go quite extreme.
一切都不该像是地球的东西
Nothing should be like it is in our world.
它应该是个极短暂的宇宙
It should be an ephemeral sort of universe.
(康诺欧苏利文) (怪物特效设计师)
我们做了一些很奇特的设计
We were getting some very unusual designs.
这个人是像素♥人♥,我们很喜欢
This guy is Pixel Man, he was a great favorite.
他的构想是看起来像
The idea of him is that he looks like
一堆漂在太空中的像素
a collection of pixels floating in the space
集♥合♥起来,成为一个人体
that are kind of concentrated and become the body of a human.
我们有个可爱的金继人
We had a lovely guy called Kintsugi Man.
(珍苏威尔) (妆发设计师)
这位男士其实是我们的特技演员
This lovely gentleman here actually was one of our stuntmen.
我们知道他必须表演特技
So we knew he was going to have to perform stunts.
所以我想化个粗犷的妆
So I wanted a fairly robust makeup.
显然他不能化这种精致的妆
I mean, obviously, he couldn't have anything as delicate as those.
我们把他完全包覆,还有假的肤片
We completely covered him, and he had prosthetic pieces.
你看这些都贴好了
You can see these are all built up
让他看起来有点破碎
to give him this sort of slightly broken look.
还有个可爱的家伙叫缎带人
We also had a lovely chap we called Ribbon Man,
我想让他的脸像要被拆解开来
because I wanted it to look like his face was unraveling.
我们在他的脸画上绷带的效果
So we drew, like, a bandaged effect on his face.
有缎带垂下来
And then we had these ribbons coming off,
但缎带里面是深蓝色的
but we had the inside of the ribbon dark blue,
如果你看他头颅后面
which, if you looked at the back of his skull,
看来就像他头的内部
looked like it was the inside of his head.
有些东西不可能真的做出来
Some of the things you really couldn't physically make them.
实际用手雕刻会非常困难
To actually sculpt them with your hands would be very difficult.
所以我完全用3D打印
So I just exploited 3D printing like crazy.
那是我第一次做3D打印模型
That was the first for me, to actually do a 3D-printed mold and produce pieces
制♥作♥与皮肤结合的道具
that were to merge with the skin.
有时看剧本你会想
There are moments when you are reading the script, and you go,
我努力理解这是什么概念
"I just struggle to understand what that is as a concept."
然后你思考后开始有想法出现
And then you kind of get into it and you start spitballing ideas,
画出一些概念
and artworking up stuff.
接着它往往会自然发展
And then it tends to have a life of its own.
最好的例子就是克莱拉飞艇的控制装置
Good example of that would be the controls for Krylar's yacht.
控制装置在哪?
Where are the controls?
那些就是
Those are the controls.
什么鬼东西?
What the hell?
它最初叫介电质胶
Initially, it was called a dielectric gel,
用来做防水电子组件
and it's used for waterproofing electrical components.
非常黏的胶状物
It's a very sticky, mucusy jelly,
其实对我们没什么用
and it's not really of any use to us.
但我开始把它跟另一种材料混合
But I started mixing it with another material,
让它变硬,改变它的特性
and I was able to harden it and change the properties of it
使它更容易当作义肢材质
to make it much more useful as a prosthetic.
我们发动吧
And let's start that up!
有时你得冒险做实验
Sometimes you just have to take a risk and experiment,
我想实际成果很不错
and I think we got a great physical result.
我得说,麦克道格拉斯十分专业
And I've got to say, Michael Douglas was an absolute professional.
你好
Hello. - Whoa!
嗨
Hi. Hi.
你喝下浆汁了吗?
Did you drink the ooze?
我怎么听得懂你的话?
Why can I understand you? Oh.
赞,浆汁发威
Great. That's the ooze.
各位,成功了,浆汁奏效
Hey, everybody, It worked! Ooze worked!
威布是有诡异手臂的一坨东西
Veb, he's just this blob with these weird, creepy arms.
你好,我是威布,你刚刚喝了我
Hi. I am Veb. You just drank me.
我...什么?
I did... What?
好惊奇,实在太奇怪了
This is amazing, because it's so weird.
我们需要有人扮演它,让它活起来
We knew we needed someone to inhabit it in ways where would come to life,
即使它根本是计算机合成的角色
even though it's a fully CG character.
你想感受到它的个性和表演
You wanted to feel personality and feel the performance of that.
我有孔了
I have holes.
我们很早就想邀请戴维达斯马齐连
Very early on, we hit upon the idea of inviting David Dastmalchian
回到《蚁人》系列
back to the Ant-Man franchise
饰演一个跟他前两集所演的
to play a completely different character than he had played
完全不同的角色
in the first two films.
他是寇特,在佛森监狱蹲了五年
Oh, that's Kurt. He was at Folsom for five years.
笔电高手
He's a wizard on that laptop.
你好 -你好
Nice meet you. - Nice to meet you, too.
佩顿告诉我时
When Peyton told me about the role
我从来没演过类似的角色
I'd never done anything like this before.
(戴维达斯马齐连) (饰威布)
它会长什么样?他们会让我如何参与?
What would this look like? How would they involve me?
我得进录音间配音吗?
Was I just going to get to go to a booth at some point and give my voice?
我想要的
To me, what I wanted
是有机会进片场
was the opportunity to, like, be there on set.
好大的孔
A big hole.
你有几个孔?
How many holes do you have?
抱歉,这问题太隐私吗?
I'm sorry. Is that a personal question?
我完全没有孔
I don't have any holes.
当我第一次踏进
When I stepped foot for the very first time
量子领域的场景
on the set of the Quantum Realm,
就像我童年拍电影的美梦成真
it was like all my childhood dreams of making movies coming to life.
那里搭了好多实际的布景
There was so much practical set building happening there,
充满了美妙的想象力
and then all the magnificent imagination.
我们就像拍了一部漫威的《绿野仙踪》
We got to make sort of like a Marvel Wizard of Oz
(杰夫洛夫尼斯) (编剧)
我心想
which I felt was, like
好夸张的一次机会
"What an insane opportunity."
你会读心术?
You can read minds?
对,我好希望我不会
Yeah, and I really wish I couldn't.
每个人都超龌龊
Everyone is disgusting.
麻烦别再想了 -抱歉
Could you please stop thinking that? - Sorry.
我好开心 我能写出漫威宇宙的一个角落
I had so much fun because I got to write a corner of the Marvel Universe
基本上就像全新的领域
that basically felt like fresh territory.
你们拿掉兜帽,放开他
You guys will take off your hoods... You let go of him,
拿掉兜帽,展露出毛茸茸
take off your hoods, and reveal that you're fuzzy,
可爱的猫头鹰动物面貌
cute little owl creatures.
我们在里面安排了好多怪物
We got to populate it with so many creatures,
牠们建立了次文化和语言
and they built subcultures and they built languages.
真是不可思议
It's just incredible.
镜头上看到的每一秒背后都是巧思
Every second you see on camera had so much thought behind it,
我坐在镜头后说:其实
whereas I'm sitting here on camera and I was like, "Well, you know,
有个绿花椰菜人,他醉了
"there's a broccoli guy, He's drunk.
他会说绿花椰菜语
"He speaks the broccoli language."
你什么来历?
So, what's your story then?
闪边
Move.
时间到了,跟我走
It's time. Follow me.
我们尽可能让它显得
We just tried to make this as heightened
明亮、鲜艳、活泼
and as colorful and as vibrant as possible.
毫无规则可言,但又必须自己定下规则
At the same time, you had no rules, but you also had to make your own rules.
幸好那些规则可以随心所欲制订
And luckily, those rules could be, you know, whatever you wanted them to be.
请出来,戴上眼镜
Step out, please. Glasses on.
耶!
Yes! Yes!
好,往后
All right, and back it up.
手要干嘛? -往后
What do we do with our hands? Back it up.
比超级英雄手势 -比超级英雄手势
Superhero stuff. - Superhero stuff.
你看,她是天生高手
Oh, look at that! She's a natural.
我们有个随时遵守的原则