剧集 | 小美国 | 导航列表
改编自真实故事
祝你好运 儿子
Good luck, son.
天堂温泉
尼日利亚 1967
还记得吗 卡瓦诺 15年前在小石城牧场
Remember, Cavanaugh? Fifteen years ago at the Meceita ranch?
吃糖会蛀牙
Sugar rots the teeth.
吃这个 伊维格布纳
Take this, Iwegbuna.
但你忘了一件事
But you forgot one thing.
杀了我
To kill me.
都起来
Get up!
没电影了 回家吧
No more picture. Go home!
下个月我们再换部电影看
We'll catch another movie next month.
反正你们妈妈也想让你们回店里
Your mother wants us back at the shop soon anyhow.
乔克
Chioke.
当心点 我的小牛仔
Careful, my little cowboys.
这匹马很大
This is a big horse.
伊维格布纳
内德·诺特被射杀 而森姆·索特没被射杀
Ned Nott was shot and Sam Shott was not.
所以 做索特先生比做诺特先生好
So, it is better to be Shott than Nott.
诺曼 俄克拉荷马州
不好意思 这个座位有人了吗
Excuse me, is that seat taken?
很可惜 没有
No. And it is a shame.
这可是屋子里第二好的宝座
This is the second-best seat in the room.
从这个角度看不见黑板上的反光
There's almost no glare from the lights on the board.
当然最好的座位给我坐了 我们可以交换
The best seat, of course, is mine. We can rotate.
你能挪个位置吗 我们是一个学习小组的
Would you just mind moving? 'Cause We're all in a study group.
当然
Sure.
阿基基先生 你为什么站着
Mr. Ah-Kee-Gee, is there any reason you're standing?
怎么了
Yes?
可以灭掉你手中的烟吗
Can you extinguish your cigarette?
这里是公共场合 不宜吸烟
It's public space and the smoke is not that pleasant.
再次就上周的事表示我的歉意
Again, my sincere apologies for last week.
你们都知道 琼斯女士有些私事要处理
As all of you know, Ms. Jones is having some personal issues.
我们需要任用一位新助教
So, we will be hiring a new TA.
感兴趣的人下课后来找我
Anybody interested, come see me after class.
多么激动人心的机会 能给多少钱
An exciting opportunity. How much does it pay?
再说一次 课后来找我
Again, see me after class.
大家怎么看肯尼思·艾罗的福利经济学定理
Kenneth arrow's theorem of welfare economics. What do We think?
我的信终于到了
My mail finally came.
我希望你的信箱里也有好消息
I hope there's good news in your box, too.
当然
Sure.
弟弟 我把大家都叫来给你录音
Brother! I am rounding everyone up to come talk to you.
你还好吗
How are you?
还好 还好
Fine. Fine.
跟我说实话
Tell me the truth.
还凑合
I am surviving.
你是伊凯吉家第一个进入美国的人
You're the first Ikeji to touch America.
你肯定很孤单
Must be lonely.
但记住我们的计划
But remember the plan.
上学
Go to school.
拿到文凭
Get a degree.
回乡
Come back home.
你很快就会回到你真正属于的地方
You'll soon be back here where you belong.
和我一起经营爸爸的店铺
Running Dad's shop beside me.
他在天堂里看着我们笑呢
He's smiling at us from heaven.
伊维格布纳 你好
Iwegbuna! Hello!
奶奶在说话呢
Gramma's talking.
寄个录音带而已你不用穿这么正式
Mma, you don't have to dress up in order to send a tape.
我是为我儿子穿的
I will dress for my son.
我寄了一些我的旧衣服
Ah! I sent you some cloth I wove!
店里都卖♥♥光了
It's been selling out in the store.
要记住上帝在守护我们
Know that God is keeping us well.
士兵们和总理之间最近有些矛盾
There has been some fighting between soldiers and the president,
但听起来还不是很糟糕
but it doesn't sound too bad.
我很想见你
I want to see you. Ehh?
快存够钱你就可以回家了
Save up faster so you can come home.
离录音机远点
Move away from the recorder now.
我正在讲话
I'm talking with-- -
有些人说诺特并没有被射杀
Some say Nott was not shot.
但索特说他射杀了诺特
But Shott says he shot Nott.
要么是索特向诺特开的枪并没有将他射杀
Either the shot Shott shot at Nott was not shot,
要么就是诺特被射杀
or Nott was shot.
好的 很好
Okay. Good.
记住 我们想要的是大家声齐
Good. Remember, the goal is one sound.
今天即兴演讲的题目是
On to today's extemporaneous speech,
"这周末我做了什么"
"What I did this weekend."
利斯
Leith.
我埋了我的狗 应我马子要求办了场葬礼
I buried me dog. Funeral an' all 'cause of me gal.
我想大家应该都心知肚明吧
A nod's as good as a wink to a blind horse on that one, if you ask me.
好的
Okay.
很有进步
What an improvement.
我的车在停车场丢了
I lost my car in a parking lot.
好的
Okay.
我妈妈盛装打扮了 尽管我看不到
My mother dresses up even though I cannot see her.
我的侄子侄女太淘气了
My nieces and nephews are out of control.
我哥哥担心我一个人孤单
My brother is worried that I am lonely
建议我去塔尔萨见我尼日利亚的朋友
and suggested that I visit my Nigerian friends in Tulsa soon.
-我们准备 -可 可以了
- We are going to do-- - O-O-- Okay.
记住 我们应该
Remember, We were supposed
谈在美国的生活 而不是在尼日利亚
to talk about our life here, not Nigeria,
在美国的这个周末我们做了什么
What we did this weekend.
这不就是我在说的吗
Yes, that is What I am doing.
我有点搞不懂
Oh, I'm a little confused.
你为什么就搞不懂我的演讲
But why are you only confused with me?
我的演讲方法没问题
My elocution is fine.
我不像卡罗莱娜那样轻声细语
I don't have Karolina's Whisper-Whisper problem,
我的口音也没利斯那么重
and my accent is not as thick as Leith's.
闭上你的臭嘴
Haud yer Wheesht.
好的
Okay.
记住 我们说过不要揭底下"观众"的短
Remember, we talked about not alienating our "audience," right,
不然他们会感到疏离 对吧
by pointing out their personal challenges.
但我说的不都是事实吗
But wasn't everything I said true?
不 我想可能尼日利亚人比较直率
No, I think people perhaps are more forthright in Nigeria.
下午好 罗宾斯教授
Good afternoon, Professor Robbins.
几周前我就填写了助教申请表
I filled my TA application weeks ago.
什么时候有消息
When do we hear?
申请时限还没到期
The application window hasn't closed yet.
明白了 提醒你一下 我是班上最好的学生
I see. Well, to refresh your memory, I'm the best in class.
也最需要这份工作
I have the most need,
这些钱能帮我在这个夏天回到家乡
and the money will help me to get back home this summer.
我想找个能代替我上课的学生
I'm trying to hire a student who can teach in my stead.
-那我是不二人选 -你还真强求人
- That is me. - You're also extremely pushy.
我怎么就强求人啦
How am I pushy?
举个例子
Well, take for example
你想得到这份工作的方式
how you're going about trying to get this job.
说实话 你让别人感觉有点不舒服
Look, the truth is, you make people a little uncomfortable.
对于一个想成为教职工的人
And for someone who wants to join the faculty,
你好像没尽力去融入
you don't seem to try very hard to fit in.
失陪一下
Now, if you'll excuse me.
今日发型
菲安科理发店
西部围栏服饰店
所以我跟他说 "只要我不用发薪水
So, I says to him, "Sure, you can keep your job.
你当然可以保住你的工作"
Long as I keep the paycheck."
有什么需要的吗
Can I help you with sumpin'?
这个店很不错
This... is a wonderful place.
谢谢
Thank ya.
你知道自己戴多大的帽子吗
You know your hat size?
不知道 但我想知道
I do not. But I would like to.
-你说买♥♥帽子是干什么来着 -戴的
- What you said this was for again? - To Wear.
对 但戴着去哪
Well, right, but to wear to where?
不同的帽子有不同的用处 看见没
Well, every one's for something different, see?
那是宽边牛仔帽 牧牛人帽 格斯帽
That's a Ten-gallon. The Cattleman. Gus.
平顶帽 砖帽 赌徒帽
Cutter, Brick, Gambler.