对我来说 这就是一场闹剧
To me, it was a farce.
但你父亲相信可以从内部做出改变
But your father believed in making change from within.
他非常乐观 这也影响了我
He had so much optimism. It radiated into me.
直到他过世
Until he passed away.
当我在合众再也没有他的信仰时
When I didn't have his faith in the Polity around,
我发现我再一次一无所有
I found once again that I had none of my own.
所以我变成你现在见到的“叛徒”
So I became the "traitor" you now see before you.
妈 我很害怕 爸爸也这这样害怕吗?
- Mom, I'm scared. Was Dad ever scared?
当然 但他总是做出一副勇敢的样子
- Of course, but he put on a brave face.
这...很高兴知道
- That's...good to know.
恐♥怖♥分♥子♥们很久以前就摧毁了这些纪念碑
- Terrorists destroyed these monuments long ago.
圣流重塑了它们
The Flow rebuilt them,
只为合众再次摧毁了它们
only for the Polity to destroy them again.
而愚蠢的合众摧毁了它们
- And foolish the Polity was to destroy them.
你好 朱利安
Hello, Julian.
我不能就这样活着 妈妈!
- [groaning] I can't live like this, Ma!
谢天谢地 你不必这样
- Thankfully, you do not have to.
-什么?我... -先别说话,先倾听
- What? I-- - Hush now. And listen.
在奇迹发生前几年
Years before the Miracle,
我还是个生活在澳大利亚的年轻人
I was a young man living in Australia,
当大火吞噬了整个大♥陆♥
when fire ate the continent entire.
我失去了所有人 我的妻子 我的孩子
I lost everyone. My wife. My children.
但那痛苦 并不是真正的痛苦
But that suffering, that unreal suffering,
我相信 那就是为什么命运选择我
I believe, is why fate chose me.
这不止是痛苦 还有恐惧
- It's not just the pain. It's the fear.
我能看到我体内存在的黑暗面
I can see the dark places in me.
那就像我看见自己...在消失
It's like I'm watching myself...vanish.
朱利安 一个人有很多方法来获得飞升
- Julian, there are many ways one can earn their Ascension.
但最艰难的方法
But by far the hardest way
就是通过痛苦
to earn Ascension is through suffering.
没人能比你更能通过
None have earned their Ascension
感受真正的痛苦来赢得飞升
through suffering more truly than you.
联合有能是你获得
- The Union has the technology to make you
获得飞升的技术
Ascend the way you are,
通过建立一个临时的躯体来进行转移
to build a temporary biological body for the transfer.
你可以从痛苦中解脱 在天堂里
You can be free of pain, in heaven.
我对飞升感到恐惧
- I'm scared to Ascend.
我已经死了两次了 那太...太可怕了
I've died twice, and it was...terrible.
这就是我为什么要展示给你看
- Which is why I'm gonna show you
飞升并不是死亡 而是荣耀的永生
that Ascension is not death, but glorious eternal life.
[somber organ music]
♪ ♪
通过飞升 你会加入我们先祖
- Through Ascension, you join our ancestors.
你会称为真正共享中的一员
You become one in the true community.
到这里来 宝贝
- Come here, baby.
不用担心
Don't worry.
当你准备好了 我会在万众之河等你
When you're ready, I'll be here in the river of us all, waiting for you.
我准备好了
- I'm ready.
我准备好加入她了
I'm ready to join her.
明天我会为你准备好转移用的躯体
- I'll have your transfer body ready tomorrow.
我很荣幸能带领你度过这难关
I am honored to shepherd you through this.
你有六周没参加任何会议了
- Six weeks you haven't been to a meeting.
现在你想让我们炸到这个该死的克尔白?
Now you want us to bomb the freaking Kaaba?
只有晚上我们才能不被发现的过去
- The only time we can go unseen is night,
但随后圣流就变暗了
but then the Flow runs dark.
它不会让我们靠近附近的任何地方
It won't let us get anywhere near.
是啊 但是圣船是个例外
- Ah, but the holy boats are immune!
纳荣 别再吃这些保持炸♥弹♥
Narong, stop eating the grain
能四处转移的谷物了
that keeps the bombs from shifting around.
就算是囚犯还有断头饭呢!
- Even prisoners get a last meal!
[boom]
那是合众的战机
- [gasps] That's a Polity Plane.
[people screaming]
[electric crackling]
[booming]
[power down hum]
[tense music]
♪ ♪
任务完成!
- Mission successful.
联合的纳米能量源 已被消灭
Union nano energy source, eliminated.
平民死亡人物为...
Civilian death toll stands at--
他们一边谈论和平一边生产
- All their talk of peace while producing something
纳米科技那么危险的东西
as dangerous as nanotech,
还拒绝我们的检查
refusing to allow our inspectors in.
我们不能让联合处于威胁之下
We couldn't let the Polity live under that threat.
我们的来生被毁了
- Our after-life is gone.
哦 我们的信仰啊
Oh, ye of little faith. [both cry]
你如此匆忙的召集这个会议
The short notice with which you called this meeting
是对我的不尊重 你并不是我的领导
is a disrespect. You are not my superior.
我是我们中唯一有军事背景的人 而且...
I am the only one among us with a military background and--
你的军事背景是个污点
- Your military background is a black stain,
并不值得吹嘘
not a bragging right.
我们中的11个都是雅典人
The 11 of us are Athenians,
而你永远是个斯巴达的人(最高层也能卷的吗?)
while you remain ever the Spartan.
[automatic gunfire]
他们有朱利安的一个副本?
- They have a copy of Julian?
和新一代的情报锁定士兵
- And the new gen:LOCK recruits besides.
有了复♥制♥灵魂的能力
With the ability to copy souls,
合众见不再受限于
the Polity will no longer be limited
偶发的稀有可塑性思维
to the rare plastic mind they happen across.
现在他们能复♥制♥一个他们拥有的
Now they can just copy the ones they have,
来建在无限的全子机甲
make infinite Holons.
他们肯定会用这些无主的灵魂在建立一支军队
They will surely build an army of these bodiless souls.
用来阻止我们带来的救赎
- To stop the salvation we bring.
我会尽我所能
I'll do what I must.
是一起尽我们所能
- As must we all, together.
一起!一起!一起!一起!
citizens: Together! Together! Together! Together!
[chanting continues]
- [laughing in amazement]
这是怎么做到的?
- [gasps] How can it be?
[indistinct chatter]
把们关上 你会让我们被抓的
- Close that, you'll get us caught.
我正在收集情报!
- I'm gathering intel!
尽管我们的大克尔白被摧毁了
- Despite the destruction of our great Kaaba,
但圣流还在继续流动
the Flow carries on.
什么? 这不可能!
- What? But that's impossible!
圣流不在需要克尔白了
- The Flow no longer requires the Kaaba.
它有了自我维持的能力
It has the capacity to self-perpetuate,
这是第二个奇迹! 但我们不会再让那些侵略
A second Miracle! But no longer can we let those
我们的人逍遥法外
who trespassed against us go unpunished.
[cheers and applause]
The Polity attacked.
他们试图毁灭天堂本身
They attempted to destroy Heaven itself.
他们能决定何时开启了一场战争
[crowd booing] They just started a war.
但只有我们能决定何时结束
We will end it. [cheers and applause]
而且我们已经准备好
And we've already begun.
我们的无人机捕捉到了联合恐♥怖♥分♥子♥
Our drones caught footage of Union terrorists
协助合众的攻击!
aiding the Polity in their attack!
我们正在抓捕他们...就在现在
We are dealing with them... now.
并且飞升将继续!
And Ascensions continue!
当我们伟大的智者 米由和法幸
When our great intellectuals, Minu and Farzin,
发现他们的女儿不止是个无信者
found out their daughter was not only a disbeliever,
还是个试图毁灭全人类的人
but attempted to doom all humanity.
- [screaming]
[intense music]
♪ ♪
[crowd jeering]
我们不能待在这
- We can't stay here.
在夜晚到来之前我们在幼发拉底河里是安全的
We'll be safe in the Euphrates until night.
我的世界已经一片黑暗了
- Night has already fallen for me.
姐妹 请宽恕我的罪过
- Bless me, Sister, for I have sinned.
当合众攻击克尔白时 12人团
When the Polity struck the Kaaba, the 12,
我们已经直到圣流很久以前
we knew the Flow had long
就已经不再需要外部能源了
before ceased needing an external power source.
我们只是守着这个秘密不让合众所知
We only kept it secret so the Polity would not know.
现在 我们的敌人正在建造一支
Now our enemy possesses the means
不受我们纳米技术影响的全子机甲军队
to build an army of Holons impervious to our nano-tech.
而如果我们要寻求一个对抗这军队的机会
And if we are to stand a chance against that army,
我必须打破向一个男孩
I must break a promise to a boy
把他从巨大痛苦中解放的承诺