剧集 | 纪录进行时(2015) | 导航列表
When last we left me...
从上一回结束处说起
Cue music.
进音乐
As 1966 began, I was determined
进入1966年 我决定
to bring my studio, Pinnacle Pictures,
为我的电影公♥司♥ 派拉口影业
an Academy Award.
赢得一尊奥斯卡
First, I needed the material.
首先 我需要素材
"She Cried for Justice" Was the novel of 1966.
<她渴求正义>是1966的年度小说
It told the story of a Jewish girl
故事讲了一个犹太女孩
who escapes Hungary during the Holocaust
她在大屠♥杀♥时期逃离了匈牙利
and comes to America.
并最终来到美国
Years later, she sees her former Nazi guard
多年以后 她看到了以前的纳粹警卫
living under an assumed name in New York City.
顶着假名在纽约生活
I knew from the moment I read the first page
从翻开第一页的瞬间我就知道
this story had Oscar written all over it.
这个故事有着奥斯卡所需的一切
I called the author, Edna Bach,
我联♥系♥了作者 Edna Bach
and convinced her to meet.
并说服她跟我见一面
She was a recluse who was not interested
她像是个隐士 对于和好莱坞打交道
in dealing with Hollywood.
毫无兴趣
So I wined and dined her.
所以我决定设宴热情款待她
We sat at my favorite table in the candlelit gardens
我们坐在马尔蒙庄园酒店烛光花♥园♥
of the Chateau Marmont
我最爱的桌边
and I laid on the Wallach charm.
施展Wallach家的魅力
"Edna, I simply must have the rights to your memoir."
"Edna 我一定要拿到你回忆录的版权"
She was tough, "This is a sacred story
她态度很坚决 "这是我生命中
Of my life, Mr. Wallach.
一个神圣的故事 Wallach先生
Why would I ever trust a Hollywood producer
我怎么能够相信一个好莱坞制片人
to do it justice?"
会合理地对待这部作品"
"Because I promise to treat your story
"因为我承诺会给予你的作品
with the utmost respect.
最大的尊重
You will be involved every step of the way.
你将会参与到整个过程的每一个步骤
Your novel is beautiful. Just like you."
你的小说无比动人 正如你本人一样"
"Oh, Jerry, I haven't had a warm embrace
"哦 Jerry 从塔夫脱当政以来
since the Taft Administration."
我再也没能拥有一个温暖的臂弯"
By the next morning, she had agreed.
第二天早上 她同意了
Then I got to work.
然后我开始工作了
For the lead role of the Jewish refugee,
关于这位犹太难民的主角
Hannah Novak,
Hannah Novak
I wanted to find an actress
我想找到一个女演员
who was vulnerable, yet resilient.
她脆弱但坚韧
Someone who, when the audience looked into her eyes,
当观众看向她的双眼时
they saw the horrors of the Holocaust.
他们可以看到对于大屠♥杀♥的恐惧
But she had to be hot.
但她更需要性感
Bridget Bailey was the "It Girl" Of 1967.
Bridget Bailey是1967年度的"时尚名媛"
She drove men wa-wa-wa-wild.
她让所有男人为之疯狂
She was like whipped cream and whiskey.
她就像奶油和威士忌
Fluffy, and God damn dangerous.
柔弱但却充满危险
She had just the right va-va-voom
她有着这样合适的性感特征
to play a Holocaust survivor.
去扮演一名大屠♥杀♥幸存者
And for the male lead,
至于男主角
the Gestapo officer,
Gestapo警官
I was blessed with the best method actor
我有幸拥有这个时代最好的
of his generation.
方法派演员
You better believe I went with my main wop,
你得相信 我选择了我的意大利好友
Enzo Entolini.
Enzo Entolini
At first, Enzo wasn't up for it
起初 Enzo并不感兴趣
so I called him up.
所以我打电♥话♥跟他说
"Enzo, wipe that spaghetti sauce off your mouth,
"Enzo 擦干净你嘴边的意大利面酱
because I got another project for you."
我要给你一个新的项目"
"But Jerry, I too common,
"可是 Jerry 我就是个普通人
I don't know nothing about no Nazi.
我根本不了解纳粹什么的"
Enzo, I own the property.
Enzo 版权在我手上
We can have our way with this book
我们怎么对那些瑞色达的姑娘
the way we did with those girls from Reseda.
就怎么对这本书
I like that memory.
美好的过去啊
I had the cast of my dreams,
我组建了我的梦之队
and we were ready to bring the novel to life.
而且我们准备好让这部小说重塑新生
Sometimes you throw in the right ingredients,
有时你准备好合适的材料
and out of the oven comes a perfect movie.
然后一部完美电影就新鲜出炉了
Hannah Novak escaped Nazi Poland
Hannah Novak逃离了纳粹统治的波兰
only to find her tormentor here.
却在这发现了折磨她的人
This young, Jewish refugee
这个年轻的 犹太难民
comes to this court seeking justice.
来到法庭 想要寻求正义
You say my client was a war criminal?
你是说我的客户是个战争犯
That man. That man was Gestapo.
那个人 那个人就是个盖世太保
And I know because
我能肯定 因为
I am a Jewish refugee.
我是一个犹太难民
Can't you see...
你难道没发现
that I love you?
我爱你
Come here, ma.
过来 女士
Their chemistry was undeniable.
他们之间的化学反应不可否认
There was just one problem.
现在只有一个问题
Our corporate owners had no interest in owning
我们公♥司♥的法人们对于开一家
an art house studio.
独♥立♥电影公♥司♥毫无兴趣
Pinnacle Pictures was independent for 40 years.
派拉口影业独资40年之久
But in 1951, it was bought as a tax shelter
但是在1951 为了避税
by the CIA to funnel South American money.
它被CIA买♥♥下用作南美的资金流动
It was an open secret in Hollywood.
这是好莱坞公开的秘密
Like how Kevin Costner is three different people.
就像Kevin Costner其实是三个人
Officially, United Papaya of Uruguay
官方的说法是 乌拉圭木瓜合众国
controlled the studio.
控股电影公♥司♥
They didn't want me futzing with
他们不想让我插手
their slush funds and assassinations
他们的贿赂基金以及暗♥杀♥行动
just to win an Oscar.
就只为赢一座奥斯卡
They wanted to dump Pinnacle Pictures all together.
他们打算放弃整个派拉口影业
And sell off everything I had built.
卖♥♥掉我所创建的一切
But I knew how to appeal to them.
但我知道如何才能让他们感兴趣
Through the magic of movies.
利用电影的魅力
I called down to the sound stage
我联♥系♥了收音工作棚
and told them to get the cameras ready.
让他们把相机架设好
Hello, agents of the CIA.
CIA探员们 你们好
Signores
先生们
I'd like to tell you a little bit about
我需要向你们介绍一下
Pinnacle Pictures,
派拉口影业
and what we have going on here,
以及我们正在做的工作
and why we think this movie studio isn't a front,
以及我们为什么不认为这个电影公♥司♥只是个幌子
but something with a front and a back and sides.
而是一个拥有着多方位立体内涵的公♥司♥
We have a lot of films coming up on our slate at Pinnacle Pictures.
我们派拉口影业有多部电影正在筹备当中
One of which is "Swashbuckler's Island,"
比如有一部 <流氓岛>
a children's movie.
一个儿童向电影
And here's one of the stars, now.
这是我们旗下的明星之一
Puffin, the bird.
Puffin 剧中的鸟
Puffin says he hopes you like the film.
Puffin说希望你们喜欢这部电影
And that it comes out in June of this year.
它即将于今年6月上映
We're very proud of it.
我们对此非常自豪
Puffin's proud of it, too.
Puffin也很自豪啊
Another picture we're very... proud of
另一部令我们骄傲的片子是
is "She Cried for Justice,"
<她渴求正义>
and Oscar contender starring Bridget Bailey and Enzo Entolini.
由Bridget Bailey和Enzo Entolini主演的冲奥巨作
Now I want to show you one clip from it.
现在请允许我像你们展示其中的一个片段
Just one. And you'll see
一小段 你将会看到
why Pinnacle Pictures is the bet to make.
派拉口公♥司♥是很具有投资价值的
It speaks for itself. We need your money.
不言而喻 我们需要你的投资
But I promise you, your name will be
但我向你保证 你的名字将会
on an Academy Award.
出现在奥斯卡奖杯上
Or if you don't want your name on any documents,
如果你不希望你的名字出现在任何记录上
that's fine, too.
那也没事
Maybe that's how you guys work.
可能你们就是这样工作的吧
The next morning, we had the money
第二天早晨 我们拿到了钱
in a black duffel bag, all cash.
用黑色帆布袋装着 现钞
Had some blood on it.
上面还有一些血迹
剧集 | 纪录进行时(2015) | 导航列表