剧集 | 纪录进行时(2015) | 导航列表
Good evening.
晚上好
I'm Helen Mirren,
我是海伦·米伦
and you're watching "Documentary Now!",
您现在收看的是<记录进行时>
season 51.
第51季
In 1968, filmmakers Larry and Abraham Fein
电影人Larry和Abraham Fein在1968年
traveled the country with four door-to-door salesmen.
和4名上门推销员一起游历了这个国家
The result was a look inside the heartbreak, rejection,
让我们和他们一起直面地球仪推销员的
and ultimate triumph
心碎 被拒
of globesmen.
和最终的胜利
So this is, uh, a globe.
所以 这是一个地球仪
You got all the different countries in it,
上面有不同的国家
and then the continents.
大洲
They did blue for the oceans.
海洋是蓝色的
The, uh, globe is tilted up
地球仪有点倾斜度
so that when you face it--
当你正对着的时候
hey, he's a natural at this.
这就是最自然的状态
Mom...
妈
When guests come over, and, you know, they see a globe,
家里如果有人来做客 他们一看到这个地球仪
they're gonna know immediately
马上就会知道
they're in the presence of somebody who's worldly.
这是一家相当有国际感的人
You know.
对吧
We don't really have guests over.
我们不怎么有人来做客
Well,
好吧
I--I promise you
我 我可以保证
that if you have a globe in the home,
只要你买♥♥了这个地球仪
you're gonna find reasons to invite them over.
你就有理由邀请别人来做客了
You're gonna want them to come over.
你就会希望别人来家里
What are you doing there?
你在这干什么
You got--you got blocks?
你在 你在玩积木
You know my name?
你知道我的名字吗
Can you guess my name?
猜猜我叫什么名字
It's Tom.
我叫Tom
Well, these are, um,
这个要
$49.95.
49.95刀
I just don't feel comfortable,
我一般都会在
um, buying something without discussing it with my husband.
买♥♥东西之前和我老公商量下
What if, uh,
来 想象一下
your--- your husbandcomes home after a long day's work,
你老公在一天精疲力尽的工作之后回到家
and he sees--
然后他问你
"What are you smiling about?"
"什么事儿这么开心"
And then you point to the middle of the room,
然后你指向这个地球仪
and his face lights up?
他整张脸都放光了
And he says, "Is that a globe?"
他说 "那是个地球仪吗"
I think it's a no.
我还是不买♥♥了
Hi there, I'm, uh, Bob Campbell
嗨 我是联合地球仪公♥司♥的
from Amalgamated Globe.
Bob Campbell
You--you filled out a card of interest
你之前填过<国家地理杂♥志♥>
from the "National Geographic"--
的调查问卷
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
Margaret M--
Margaret M
It's very nice, but we just can't afford it right now.
听起来不错 但是我们现在负担不起这个
Well, I respect that of a woman who, uh,
我很尊敬你这样
you know, is careful with the money and whatnot,
节俭持家的女性
but I--I think that, uh, you're gonna--
但你得这样想
This globe is gonna last you
这个地球仪会
the rest of your life, you know.
陪你度过一生
And I think your husband would agree with me.
而且我觉得你丈夫也会同意的
My husband is in the hospital.
我老公现在在医院
He fell off a crane.
他拄拐时摔倒了
They're not sure if he's gonna walk again.
现在我不确定他以后还能不能走路
That's awful.
太糟糕了
That's--that's truly awful.
真的 太可惜了
I'm very sorry about that.
我非常遗憾
It's very awful.
这太可怕了
I think what would make him feel better, though,
不过我觉得现在一个地球仪
is maybe if you showed up with a a globe.
可能会让他感觉好很多
Well, we--we can't even cover the medical bills.
我们连医疗费都交不起了
I'm working two jobs as it is.
我现在做两份工作
They just turned off the heat,
暖气也被掐断了
and I think my son Tommy might be deaf.
我儿子Tommy可能失聪了
Oh, okay.
恩 好吧
Which one's Tommy?
Tommy是哪个
That one.
那个
Tommy!
Tommy
Tommy!
Tommy
Tommy! Tommy!
Tommy Tommy
Oh, there he is. See?
哦 他在那儿呢
He's looking at me.
他在看我呢
I think you, uh, would very much regret it
我觉得如果你没买♥♥这个地球仪
if you did not buy this globe.
会非常后悔的
281...
281号♥
Euclid.
欧几里得
Oh, Christ on a bike.
天啊 居然骑自行车
How's the battle, boys?
今天买♥♥卖♥♥如何 同志们
One...
一个
two...
两个
three...
三个
four.
四个
Take a bow, Mike Stankowicz.
给Mike Stankowicz鼓掌
Yeah, I ran across an old lady
我碰到一个老太太
who bought one for each of her kids.
她给自己每个孩子都买♥♥了一个
What I wouldn't do for a nice old lady.
怎么我就碰不上这么好的老太太
I'm telling you, every name they give me
他们分给我的客户
is a deadbeat or a layabout.
不是穷鬼就是懒汉
It's been this way for months.
连着几个月都是这样
Oh, don't worry about it. You'll get 'em, Possum.
别担心 会好起来的 负鼠
Yeah.
对啊
I should have been a fireman like my pops.
我应该像我爸一样做个消防员的
I'm good at finding smoke.
我特别会找烟
A lot of people have that talent.
好多人都有这个天赋
I don't think that's a specialism.
这不能叫什么特长
No, not like me. Not like me.
不 他们不像我这么强
I could see that black smoke miles away.
我在几公里外就能看到黑烟迷雾
Is there any beer?
还有啤酒吗
No, we're out.
没有了 都喝完了
Do you know why I love my job?
你们知道我为什么热爱我的工作吗
Because I get to see the world every day.
因为我每天都能看到全世界
Feel free to use that.
这话你们可以随便用
Although if you do, I'd like you to tell people
但是我希望你能告诉大家
you heard it from me.
这话是从我这听来的
I don't want you to use it and then make it seem
我不想看到你们说得好像
like you came up with it.
这话是你们自己想的
Now, you may notice
你们可能注意到了
a few faces missing from our last meeting.
这次会议又少了一些面孔
Well, it was decided that those weren't the kind of people
我告诉你们 那些走了的人分明不适合
we wanted representing Amalgamated Globes.
代表我们联合地球仪公♥司♥
They were kind of men who made excuses.
他们是一群只会找借口的失败者
Let me tell you something.
我来告诉你们一个事实
Every name we give you
我们给你们的每一个名字
is the name of a person who filled out
都是填写了<国家地理杂♥志♥>
our card in "National Geographic"
问卷调查的人
and then marched that card down to the mailbox.
他们满心欢喜地把调查卡投到邮筒里
Now, does that sound like
所以 这像是
something a person would do
一件人们随意
out of whimsy?
做的事吗
No.
不
If you have their name,
所以只要你有他们的名字
they want a globe.
他们就会想买♥♥地球仪
Now get out there and sell it to 'em.
现在出去把地球仪卖♥♥给他们
Aw, son of a bitch.
妈的
剧集 | 纪录进行时(2015) | 导航列表