那会儿刚过八点
It had just gone 8:00.
这时从书房♥那边传出来一道枪声
Then there was a gunshot from the study
警报也跟着响了
and the alarms went off.
你那时候在干嘛
So what did you do then?
我在等着警♥察♥过来
Well, I waited for the police to arrive.
那天晚上你见过这个女人吗
Did you see this woman that night?
没有
No.
那是什么
What's that?
激光卷尺
It's a laser tape measure.
150米外可以保持毫米级别的精度
Accurate to a millimetre over 150 meters.
圣玛丽岛上也有卷尺
We do have tape measures on Sainte-Marie, you know.
比不上这个 汤姆森警官
Not like this, you don't, Sergeant Thomson.
那么 你们发现休姆警探尸体的时候
Now, when DI Hulme's body was found,
他还抓着一本书
he was holding a book.
是一本欧洲旅游指南 为什么呢
A travel guide to Europe. Why?
这就是那天晚上被发现打碎的花瓶吗
This is the vase, then, that was found smashed on the night?
没错
Mmm-hmm.
安全屋被锁上之后 还有其他人能进去吗
When the room was locked down, could anyone else have got in?
不能 只有我输入密♥码♥后才能进去
No. Not until I entered the code.
而且安全屋的门只能在外面打开
And it can only be opened from the outside.
他是立即死亡的吗
Death was instantaneous?
他被点22子弹射中
He was killed by a .22 bullet,
子弹穿过喉咙 直抵颅骨
shot up through the throat and straight into his skull.
几乎可以断定是自杀了 对吧 但是有两个疑点
It could almost be suicide, couldn't it, but for two things.
第一 枪声和警报
One, gunshot and then alarm.
休姆怎么可能打完自己一枪之后 还能关上这么重的铁门
How could Charlie shoot himself, then manage to shut down a heavy steel door?
第二点 如果是自杀 那手♥枪♥去哪里了
And secondly, if it was suicide, why didn't we find a pistol?
而如果是他杀
Then if it was murder...
凶手杀掉休姆之后 又是怎么从封闭的安全屋内逃出来的
How did the murderer kill DI Hulme and then escape from a locked steel room?
你好 我是詹姆斯·拉文德
James Lavender, how do you do?
你能告诉我 枪响的时候你人在哪里吗
Can you tell me exactly where you were standing when the gun went off?
我比较走运 枪响的时候 我正站在我的沙滩上
Fortunately for me, when the gun went off, I was down here on my beach.
你的沙滩
Oh, I see. Your beach.
是你租的吗
A little proprietorial, aren't we?
这个嘛 沙滩是我买♥♥的
Well, I do own it.
好吧 那你当时在这里干嘛呢
Right. And what were you doing down here?
我当时在这里 和一位特殊的朋友谈点私事
I was down here for a touch of privacy with a special friend.
一位不是你妻子的特殊朋友吗
A special friend who wasn't necessarily your wife?
这就是问题所在
Which is rather the problem.
詹姆斯
James?
我们 被我妻子莎拉当场撞见
My wife, Sarah, spotted us.
我和她甚至都没怎么吵
The argument was quick, wordless.
只是 最后我把一大杯红酒洒在她裙子上了
Ended with a large glass of wine all over her dress.
那么 这就说明枪响的时候你已经回去派对那边了
Well, that means you were back at the party when the gun went off.
没有 我又回了这里
No, I came back down here.
但是我朋友已经走了
But my friend had gone.
你认识死者吗
And how well do you know the deceased?
不认识
Not at all.
可能是莎拉邀请他来的
Maybe Sarah invited him.
抱歉 我们真要 呃
Sorry, do we have to, um...
你有点22口径的手♥枪♥吗
Do you own a .22 pistol?
没有 我对枪是一窍不通
No, I don't know the first thing about guns.
枪都不认识 更别提有了
Wouldn't know one end from another.
不过你在加勒比海风的装扮这方面倒是个行家
But you've really dressed for the Caribbean, haven't you?
是啊
Yeah.
听到枪响之后你做了什么
Having heard the gunshot, what did you do next?
枪响之后紧接着就是警报声 我不知道发生了什么 就先躲起来了
Well, then the alarms went off. I didn't know what was going on so I hid.
看到警车过来我才出来
Until I saw the police arrive.
我看到保险柜被打开了
I see the safe was open.
都有谁知道保险柜的密♥码♥
How many people know the combination to open it?
只有我和我的妻子
Well, I do, of course, and my wife.
就只有你们两个吗
That's it? Just the two of you?
是的 -好吧 那你昨晚打开过吗
Yeah. -Well, did you open it that night?
没有
No.
你把密♥码♥告诉了休姆吗
Or give DI Hulme the combination?
怎么可能 - 那肯定是你妻子打开了
No! -Then your wife must have opened it.
那你们得去问她了 对吧
You're going to have to ask her yourself, aren't you?
衣服被弄脏之后 我感觉很屈辱 就回房♥间了
My dress was ruined. I was humiliated. I came back to the house.
警报响的时候我就在这里
So, this is where I was when the alarm went off.
之后你做了什么
And what did you do next?
我来这里换了衣服
I came in here to get dressed.
是你邀请休姆过来的吗
Did you invite DI Hulme to the party?
不是 他不是我丈夫的客人吗
No. Didn't my husband?
你丈夫说不是
He says he didn't.
派对那天 你是不是打开了保险柜
On the day of the party, did you open the safe?
没有
No.
那你有没有把密♥码♥告诉休姆
Or give DI Hulme the combination so he could open it?
没有
No.
她在撒谎 对吧
She's lying, isn't she?
他们其中一个肯定打开过保险柜 但是他们为什么要撒谎
One of them must have opened the safe, but why?
现在的情况是 一位英国警♥察♥死在了一位富人的安全屋里
We got a British policeman murdered in a rich man's panic room,
手里还抓着一本旧书
an old book clutched in his hands,
安全屋里的保险柜被打开了 花瓶被打碎了
a safe that's open and a vase that's smashed.
至于嫌疑人 只有两个人没有不在场证明
As for suspects, only two people without an alibi.
詹姆斯 因为他当时独自一人在沙滩
James, because he was down on his beach alone
还有莎拉 因为她正在洗澡
and Sarah because she was taking a shower.
这些都不重要
Not that any of this matters.
这些都对破案无用
Doesn't get us any closer to understanding the how.
我们不知道凶手是怎么杀了查理·休姆
How did the murderer kill Charlie Hulme
也不知道凶手如何从密室逃脱 这都是无法实现的
and escape from a locked steel room? It's impossible.
我要看一下花瓶碎片 还有查理手里抓着的书
I need to see the pieces from the vase and the book Charlie was holding.
但是首先我得看一眼尸体 -这些都办不到
But first I need to see the body. -That won't be possible.
什么办不到
What won't?
看不到尸体吗 -不是 都办不到
Seeing the body? -No, none of it.
书 尸体 花瓶碎片 这些都不在这里
The book, the body, the vase. None of it is here.
你在说什么 -它们都在巴斯特尔
Sorry, what are you saying? -It's in Basse-Terre.
行 那我们现在过去 带点三明治路上吃
Fine, we'll get some sandwiches on the way.
巴斯特尔在瓜德罗普
Basse-Terre, Guadeloupe.
没问题
Fine.
这是另一座岛
Which is a completely different island.
什么
What?
我们这里没有法医实验室 没法做DNA分♥析♥ 也分♥析♥不了弹道
We don't have forensic labs and DNA analysis and ballistics here.
我们这是个很小的岛
We are just a small island.
所以 我把谋杀案的相关物证
So, I bag the evidence from the murder
都打包空运到瓜德罗普了
and it all gets flown to Guadeloupe.
那我们要怎么办案
Then how are we supposed to solve this case?
他们会发分♥析♥报告过来的 -什么时候
We'll get their reports. -When?
把花瓶和书明天早上送过来
Arrange for the vase and the book to be sent here by tomorrow morning.
你能做到吗 -当然可以 长官
Can you manage that? -Of course, sir.
谁啊
Hello?
你是谁
Who are you?
我是伦敦警♥察♥厅的理查德·普尔警探
I'm Detective Inspector Richard Poole of the Metropolitan Police.
你又是谁 -我 呃
Who are you? -I, um...
我是休姆先生的清洁工
I am Mr Hulme's cleaner.
你是他的清洁工
You're his cleaner?
对
Mmm.
好吧 那我不妨碍你工作了
Well, I won't get in your way.
你这任务可不轻松
You got your work cut out.
谢谢你 长官
Thank you, sir.
所以 呃
So, um...
你是查理的朋友吗
Are you a friend of Charlie's?
差不多吧
Something like that.
你是从英国来的 对吧
You're from England, right?
你眼力不错
Ah, you can tell, can you?
是啊
Yeah.
你在这里做什么呢
Um, what are you doing here?
来度假吗 长官
Is it a holiday, sir?
你还没有听说那件事 对吧
You haven't heard, have you?
听说什么
Heard what?
他人那么好
And he was such a nice man.