剧集 | 坦白 | 导航列表
紧急会谈的标准在这情况下 不奏效
The urgent interview criteria had, at that point, expired.
不应该再有更多的谈话讨论
There should have been no further discussion
而被告应被带回警♥察♥局
and the defendant should have been taken to a police station.
这一系列的事件
This whole series of events began
由一名高级警员决定违反
with a deliberate decision by a senior officer
警♥察♥和刑事证据法条例开始的
to breach the PACE code.
虽然富尔彻警司
And whilst Detective Superintendent Fulcher
有权采取一种
was entitled to adopt an approach
收集情报和信息的方法
which would lead to the gathering of intelligence and information,
但依我所见 这一方法的结果
what resulted was not, in my judgment,
并不足以构成
such as can fairly constitute
刑事审判中可以被接受的证据
admissible evidence in a criminal trial.
他会在审讯中解释的
Yeah, well, he's going to have to explain this at the trial.
你还好吗
Are you all right?
各位 下午好
Er, good afternoon, everybody.
首先针对希恩的案件
So, the first thing to say is that we should still be OK
我们所处的形势尚算可以
with the case against him for Sian.
我们有DNA证据
We have the DNA evidence.
在他车上找到希恩的血迹
Her blood in his car,
在希恩身上找到他的DNA
his DNA on her body.
那贝琪呢
And what about Becky?
我们仅有他的口头供述
The confession evidence is all we had.
如果法官不采纳他的供述 恐怕
And, er, I'm afraid, without that,
我们要删掉起诉书里贝琪的名字
we'll have to take her name off the indictment.
什么 你要...
What, you...?
你意思是他不会因谋杀我女儿
What, you mean he is not going to stand trial
而被起诉
for murdering my daughter?
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
这是富尔彻的错
Well, this is Fulcher's fault!
他搞砸了 就是他
He's fucked up here, he has!
这算哪门子的公平
How can this be fair?
每个人都知道是他干的
Everybody knows he did it.
法官知道 律师知道
That judge knows it. The lawyer knows it.
你知道 我也知道
You know it. I know it.
怎么能这样
So how can that be right?
请你告诉我 怎么能这样
Please, can you just tell me, how can this be right?
2012年10月19日
克里斯托弗·哈利韦尔在警♥察♥的护送下
Christopher Halliwell was brought to court
前往法庭
under police protection.
这位现年四十七岁的微型出租车司机被指控
The 47-year-old mini cab driver is accused of killing Sian
杀害了姐妹聚会后独自走路回家的希恩
as she walked home alone from a girls' night out.
你来啊
Come here, you!
警♥察♥要求民众保持冷静
The police had asked them to stay calm
一切交由法庭审理
and let the legal process take its course.
但此时民众均义愤填膺 溢于言表
But the strength of feeling is etched on people's faces here.
被告请起立
Will the defendant please rise?
克里斯托弗·约翰·哈利韦尔 你被指控
Christopher John Halliwell, you are charged
于2011年3月19日
that, on March 19th, 2011,
违反普通法 杀害希恩·奥卡拉汉
you did murder Sian O'Callaghan, contrary to common law.
你作何辩解
How do you plead?
我认罪
Guilty.
克里斯托弗·约翰·哈利韦尔
Christopher John Halliwell,
你不符合减罪情形
you have advanced little by way of mitigation.
但是 你当庭认罪
I accept, however, that your plea of guilty
使得希恩的家人免于经历庭审过程
has avoided Sian's family having to endure a trial,
这是一个重要因素
which is an important factor.
仔细考虑本案的整体严重性
Having careful regard to the overall seriousness of this offence,
量刑起点为三十年
the starting point will be 30 years.
鉴于你当庭认罪
However, I will allow a discount of
本庭准予你减刑五年
five years for your plea of guilty.
本庭判决你入狱服刑 最低刑期
I therefore rule that the minimum term that you shall serve
二十五年
will be 25 years.
带被告离席
Take him down.
全体起立
All rise.
克里斯托弗·哈利韦尔理应因杀害两名妇女
Christopher Halliwell could have been facing
而入狱服刑
a jail term for murders of two women.
然而 他的判决只涉及其中一起案件
Instead, he was given life for one
显然 他逃过了另一起案件的法律制裁
and, it appears, escaped justice for another.
我来这里是向你们二位道歉的
So, I came to apologise to you both.
你不需要道歉 史蒂夫
You have got nothing to apologise for, Steve. Well...
要不是你做了这多 我们永远也找不到贝琪
If you hadn't done what you did, we'd never have found Becky.
可是
Well...
并不是每个人都这么想
not everyone sees it that way.
我真不明白
What I can't understand
为什么人们就不能动脑想想常识
is why nobody seems to be applying any common sense here.
为什么那个律师那么努力地
Why would that lawyer be fighting so hard
要让哈利韦尔这样的人获得自♥由♥
to set free someone like Halliwell,
他自己都承认杀害了两个年轻的姑娘
who's admitted, himself, that he killed two young girls?
为什么那么努力为一个有罪的人辩护呢
Why put all that effort into defending someone who's guilty?
我不知道 原则问题吧 我猜
Oh, I don't know, the principle, I guess.
什么原则
What principle?
那正义呢
And what about justice?
他们说哈利韦尔遭你胁迫
They say that Halliwell was oppressed by you.
我想他杀害贝琪和希恩之前
Well, I bet Becky and Sian were oppressed by him
也胁迫她们吧 但是
just before he killed them, but...
这无关紧要 对吧
that doesn't seem to matter, does it?
对此我想了很多
Look, I've thought about this a lot and...
若这算是一点安慰的话 老实说 我保证
if it's any consolation, I can honestly say, hand on heart,
我还是会这么做 我想不出来还能怎么做
I wouldn't have done anything different. I don't see how I could.
史蒂夫 我们百分百支持你
We're behind you one hundred percent, Steve.
你把我女儿带回家了
You brought my little girl home.
你为我们的付出 我们怎么感谢都不够
We can't thank you enough for what you've done for us.
谢谢你们
Thank you.
这对我来说很重要
That does mean a lot to me.
警务处
女士 请联♥系♥驾驶执照及车辆牌照办事处
Contact the DVLA, madam,
他们会处理
and they'll deal with it.
好的 谢谢你
OK, all right. Thank you.
长官
Yes, sir?
我想投诉你们的一名警♥察♥
I want to make a complaint about one of your police officers.
他是
His name...
史蒂芬·富尔彻警司
..is Detective Superintendent Stephen Fulcher.
这是投诉 史蒂夫 投诉就是投诉
Well, it's a complaint, Steve. A complaint's a complaint.
作为执法专业标准部门的负责人
And as the lead for Professional Standards for the force,
我必须认真对待
I have to take it seriously.
但他投诉的事有一半都和我无关啊
But half the stuff he's complaining about is nothing to do with me.
比如没被邀请参加新闻发布会
I mean, not being invited to a press conference.
我们称她为贝琪·高登·爱德华
Us calling her Becky Godden-Edwards,
而不是贝琪·高登
not just Godden.
这事也不是我说了算的
I had no say in that.
他还指责我的行动阻碍了贝琪案件的侦破
And the thing about my actions preventing justice for Becky...
但正是我的行动让贝琪的尸体被发现了啊
We wouldn't have found Becky if it wasn't for my actions.
我要做出决定
Well, I'll have to make a decision
是否要把它提交给独♥立♥警♥察♥投诉委员会
on whether to refer it to the IPCC
是认定为失职还是严重失职行为
and whether it constitutes just misconduct or gross misconduct.
真的吗
Really?
史蒂夫
Steve.
长官 我需要谈谈
Sir, I need a word.
-好啊 -谢谢
- Ok. - Thanks.
那是什么
What is it?
搞清楚了
It's all clear.
怎么了
What is?
我做了活切片检查
I had a biopsy.
-但你不是说... -是良性的
- But you told me... - It's benign.
你再也不要
Don't you ever go through something
独自承担这种事了 好吗
like that on your own again, hm?
我只是感觉很内疚
I just feel guilty.
因为得到人生第二次机会的人是我
Guilty that it's me who's been given another chance.
很抱歉 长官 但这些全都是在扯淡
I'm sorry, sir, but it's bollocks.
他投诉的内容没有一条是成立的
None of what he's complaining about makes any sense.
这里大部分问题都不该由我承担责任
And, for most of his points, I'm the wrong respondent.
剧集 | 坦白 | 导航列表