在20世纪
In the 20th century,
如果你想了解你的邻近城市
if you wanted to know your neighbors,
你就搬到城郊区
you moved to the suburbs.
如果你想成为一个瘾君子
If you wanted to become an addict,
你就搬到纽约
you moved to New York.
现在一切都颠倒了
Now everything is upside down
瘾君子出现在了郊区
The junkies are in the burbs,
隔壁建筑却是一个该死的儿童足球队
and the building next door is a fucking kickball league.
艺术面对商业,商业赢了
It was art against commerce,and commerce won.
孩子们认为只有画廊里面才有艺术品
The kids think the only place to find art is in a gallery
而浪漫唯一存在的地方
and the only place to find romance
是在雨中告白
is confessing your love in the rain,
像电影里面那样
like in the movies.
但是会比那个更难更糟
But it's messier than that.
事实上,总有很糟的事
Well, there's always mess.
现在安全多了,但是城市中仍有衰落的景象
It's safe here now,but there's still urban decay.
只是转移到了夜晚派对上了
It's just migrated into the dinner parties
在上西区
of the upper West Side.
最好你没有信念
The best lack all conviction,
出自叶慈的《二度降临》
最坏你还充满激♥情♥
while the worst are filled with passionate intensity.
出自叶慈的《二度降临》
叶慈说过,娄·里德也说过
Yeats said that,but so did Lou Reed,
引述于他在The Bottom Line音乐会场的现场表演
quoting him live at the bottom line.
The Bottom Line曾是一个音乐场地,位于纽约曼哈顿格林威治村附近的美世街和格林尼街15号♥西第四街之间。
娄·里德去世了,The Bottom Line也关闭了
Lou Reed's gone,and so is the bottom line.
也许是因为soulcycle
It's probably a soulcycle--
一种动感单车训练课程
也许是这城市仅存的一种文化了
the only soul the city has left.
每个人都假装自己感觉很好
Everyone's pretending it's all okay,
但这是个谎话
but that's a lie.
感觉心里少了一种东西,但我们都能感觉到
Something's missing,and we all feel it.
包括托马斯·韦伯
Including Thomas webb.
他以为他拥有另一半,她名字叫蜜蜜
He thought he had the answer and her name was Mimi.
1976年这座城市肮脏破碎犯罪率极高
1976. The city was dirty, crime-ridden and broke.
它是世界的中心
It was the center of the creative universe.
纽约失去了它的灵魂
New York's lost its soul.
最具活力且相邻的城市是费城
The most vibrant neighborhood at the moment is Philadelphia.
我喜欢
I like that.
是吗? -是的
Yeah? -Yeah.
你从哪里听说的?
Where'd you lift that from?
不,这是我自己想的
I didn't. It's mine.
好,不错
Well, it's good.
那你今晚有空吗?
So, will you come with me tonight?
不了,你妈妈的晚餐派对让我很没存在感
No. Your mom's last dinner party made me feel invisible.
我知道,我们都很没存在感
I know, but we were invisible together.
如果你不喜欢,那就别去了
If you don't like it,then you don't go.
我必须去,我妈妈很不稳定
I have to go.My mother's unstable.
开晚餐派对就像做心理治疗一样
Throwing dinner parties is how she medicates.
那是碳酸锂还是阿普唑仓?
Yeah, so what about the lithium and Xanax?
别说是尼古丁和红酒
Not to mention the nicotine and shiraz.
语义学
Semantics.
我要告诉你个事
I have to tell you something.
是吗? -是的
Yeah? -Yeah.
我...
I...
也许会去萨格勒布
Might be going to zagreb.
哪里? -萨格勒布
Where? -Zagreb.
在克罗地亚
It's in Croatia.
赫尔穆特·图 他在那经营一个工作室
So, Helmut graph,he runs a workshop there,
而且我发现我可以把学分转到纽约大学
and I found out that I can transfer my credits to nyu.
那这样...
That's, um...
那...
That's...
太糟糕了
Terrible.
为什么?
Why?
不,为什么会糟糕?
No, why is that terrible?
因为你是唯一可以和我安定生活的人
Because you're the only thing in my life that I'm settled on.
托马斯,为什么你会这么想?
Thomas, what do you think is happening?
你和我之间,为什么?
Between me and you,what do you think this is?
8月8号♥,8月8号♥,我觉得那天是真的
August 8. August 8.I think August 8 was real.
那天感觉是很棒
It was amazing.
但那只是一个普通的夜晚
But it was just one night.
我的意思是,尼克在洛杉矶玩
I mean, Nick was playing L.A.
我心里很受伤
I was vulnerable.
我们当时都很脆弱
We were both on Molly.
我想我只是一时冲动
I-i thought I was a pirate.
那只是一个普通的夜晚
And it was just one night.
好的,我非常喜欢你
Well, I'm crazy about you.
我也很喜欢你,但是... -不要以朋友身份说
I'm crazy about you, but... -But don't say "as friends."
为什么,为什么不能做朋友?
Why? Why is that so bad?
因为漂亮女孩喜欢拿新人做备胎
Because pretty girls like to recruit their rejections
并称他们为朋友
and then call them friends.
哇哦
Wow.
纽约唯一活着的男孩
对蜜蜜来说,托马斯就是一个新的纽约人
For Mimi, Thomas was like the new New York--
没有危险,需要解脱
no danger, no deliverance.
这使得他需要爱
It made him nurturing
因为太无聊而去谈一场恋爱
and too boring to fall in love with.
蜜蜜认为托马斯是一个没有神秘感的男孩
Mimi thought Thomas was a boy without mystery.
托马斯自己也同意
Thomas agreed.
但是这一切将会改变
But all that was about to change.
里面有什么值得期待的东西吗?
Anything worth opening?
只是些账单和破烂
Just bills and junk.
W.F.
W.F.
W.F.杰拉德
W.F. Gerald.
我刚搬进了2-b
I just moved into 2-b.
托马斯·韦伯
Thomas webb.
你有什么心事吗,托马斯?
Why so troubled, Thomas?
什么?
Excuse me?
我看你的脸色透露着一股压力
I know that color of stress.
比工作问题要严重
It's much brighter than job issues,
比身体疾病问题要轻
more subdued than possible disease.
啊
Ah.
不好意思,我太没礼貌了
Sorry, I'm being rude.
没有,我只是..
No, I mean...
只是不顺的一天
I'm having a bad day.
哦
Oh.
她叫什么名字?
What's her name?
她叫蜜蜜
It's Mimi.
啊,蜜蜜
Ah, Mimi.
源自威廉明娜
Derived from williamina.
意思是“坚定的保卫者”
It means "resolute protector."
对,是的
There you go.
那个..
What, uh...
你喜欢蜜蜜什么地方?
What is it that you like about this Mimi?
你是一个心理医生?
You a psychiatrist?
不
No.
你问了个心理医生问的问题
You ask psychiatrist questions.
也许我能帮忙
Maybe I can help.
也许我可以帮你睡到蜜蜜
Maybe I can help you get Mimi to sleep with you.
你怎么知道她准没准备好?
How do you know she hasn't already?
很高兴认识你
It's nice meeting you.
恩
Yeah.
那个,你为什么不找新邻居帮忙?
Well, why don't you let a new neighbor help you out, hmm?
你喜欢蜜蜜那里?
What do you like about Mimi?
我在2-b!
I'm in 2-b!
你们在哪认识的?
Where did you meet her?
一个叫微暗的火的书店
There's this bookstore called the pale fire.
根据书名取的名字 -那本书的主人公叫约翰
-Yeah. -It's named after John sh...
约翰·沙德的999行诗
John shade's 999-line poem.
作者纳博科夫
Nabokov.
是的,他们书店在卖♥♥罕见复古的书籍
Right. Well... they sell rare vintage books in there,
我到不是很喜欢那个地方,只是环境很安静
and I'm into that, just reading off the beaten path,
而蜜蜜在那工作
电影精选列表