弗洛伊德说过 生命中唯一重要的事情
Freud said, "Love and work. Work and love.
是爱情和工作
"That's all there is."
我已退休 我妻子也已去世
Well, I'm retired, and my wife is dead.
正如你们能想到的 我手头有了些时间忙活
As you can imagine, that's given me some time on my hands.
我妻子已去世三年半
My wife's been gone for three and a half years.
我非常想念她 至于退休生活
I miss her in every way. And retirement?
我一直在不停地寻求新意
That is an ongoing, relentless effort in creativity.
我承认起初我喜欢这股新鲜劲
At first, I admit I enjoyed the novelty of it.
感觉有点像在旷工
Sort of felt like I was playing hooky.
我用尽了所有存着的里程数 环游了世界
I used all the miles I'd saved and traveled the globe.
问题是 无论我去了哪
The problem was, no matter where I went,
我一回到家 那种无处可去的感觉
as soon as I got home, the nowhere-to-be thing
让我深受打击
hit me like a ton of bricks.
我意识到这一切的关键是永不止步
I realized the key to this whole deal was to keep moving.
起身离家 去别的地方 随便哪里
Get up, get out of the house, and go somewhere. Anywhere.
无论雨晴 每天7点15分前 我就在星巴克了
Come rain or shine, I'm at my Starbucks by 7:15.
不好意思 介意我们同桌吗
Excuse me, mind if we join you here?
-不介意 -嘿 你好吗
-No. -Hey. How are you?
我没法解释
Can't explain it,
但这让我有存在感
but it makes me feel part of something.
今天这些人 他们不在意数字
These guys today, they're not numbers guys.
别和他们谈数字
Don't talk figures with them.
我要怎么度过我的余生
How do I spend the rest of my days?
打高尔夫 看书 看电影 玩纸牌
You name it. Golf, books, movies,
你们能想到的我都试过
pinochle.
还试过瑜伽 学过下厨
Tried yoga, learned to cook,
买♥♥过植物 上过中文课
bought some plants, took classes in Mandarin.
翻译下就是 相信我 我什么都试过了
Translation, "Believe me, I've tried everything."
然后 当然 还有葬礼
And then, of course, there are the funerals.
多得超乎想像
So many more than I could imagine.
近来我唯一的远行是外出去圣地亚哥
The only traveling I do these days is out to San Diego
拜访我儿子和他的家人
to visit my son and his family.
他们很棒 我爱死他们了
They're great. I love 'em to pieces.
但说实话 我想我大概是太过
But to be honest, I think I probably relied on them
依赖他们了
way more than I should.
别误会 我不是一个不快乐的人
Don't get me wrong, I'm not an unhappy person.
正相反
Quite the contrary.
我只是清楚我的人生有一个洞
I just know there's a hole in my life,
我得去填补它
and I need to fill it.
得尽快而为
Soon.
这使得我的眼角余光 在我今天离开超♥市♥时
Which brings me to today, when I was leaving the market
注意到了你们的宣传♥单♥
and caught your flyer out of the corner of my eye.
嗯
Hmm.
老年人士 当一名实习生吧
"Seniors, be an intern."
本我就知道是你 嗨
Ben, I thought that was you. Hi.
-嘿 -你发现什么了
-Hey. -What'd you find?
我想是一家互联动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥公♥司♥在招老年实习生
I think an Internet place is looking for senior interns.
-我没看错吧 -我看看
-Am I reading this right? -Let me see.
求职者需65岁以上
"Applicants must be over 65 years of age,
有组织能力
"have organizational skills,
对电子商务有浓厚兴趣 什么鬼
"a genuine interest in e-commerce, " whatever that is,
并且有充满干劲的态度
"and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude."
合身动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥
Aboutthefit.com,
难不成是那家服装...
isn't that the outfit that was...
是的 是的 是的
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
他们在红钩区收♥购♥了一家旧工厂
They bought one of those old factories in Red Hook.
我女儿说他们在动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥上卖♥♥服装
My daughter says they sell clothes on the Internet.
不知道怎么办到的
How that works, I have no idea.
你得上传求职申请表
Well, you have to upload the application.
听下这个 这可能是个挑战
That could be challenging. Listen to this,
求职信太老套
"Cover letters are so old-fashioned.
用一段求职视频向我们展示你自己
"Show us who you are with a cover-letter video.
上传你的视频至Youtube或Vimeo
"Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo
用mov avi 或mpg格式
"using .mov, .avi, or a .mpg file.
我们期待与您会面
"We look forward to meeting you."
我想这正合我意
Well, I guess that's meeting me.
我发誓我都不知道那说的是什么
I swear I don't even know what language that was.
今晚有什么打算 本
What are you doing tonight, Ben?
-吃冻千层面吗 -这个嘛...
-A frozen lasagna? -Well...
我能像上次也是唯一一次那样
I could make a little salad, turn it into a dinner for two,
做点沙拉 弄成两人份晚餐
like we did that time and never did again.
你知道那是五个多月前的事了吧
You know that was over five months ago?
是啊 我们当然得再吃一次
Oh, yeah. No, no, we gotta do that again, for sure,
但我们改天可以吗
but okay if we take a rain check?
你好可爱 你知道吗
You're awful cute, you know that?
没有
No, I didn't.
真的 你好可爱 那再见了
Well, it's true, you are. So I'll see you.
别太久 宝贝
Don't take too long, doll.
你不再年轻了哦
You're not getting any younger.
-我知道 -好的
-I know, I know, I know. -All right.
所以我在此
So here I am,
申请当你们的一名实习生
applying to be one of your interns
因为这个主意我越想
because the more I think about this idea,
就越觉得超赞
the more tremendous I think it is.
每天我有地方可去 我喜欢这个主意
I love the idea of having a place I can go every day.
我想和人联♥系♥ 想有激♥情♥
I want the connection, the excitement.
我想被挑战
I wanna be challenged,
我觉得我甚至可能想被人需要
and I guess I might even wanna be needed.
搞懂科技产品也许要点时间
The tech stuff might take a bit to figure out.
我不得不打电♥话♥给我的九岁孙子
I had to call my 9-year-old grandson
只为搞懂什么是通用串行总线连接器
just to find out what a USB connector was.
不过我会与时俱进 我渴望学习
But I'll get there. Eager to learn.
还有 我想让你们知道
Also, I want you to know
我这辈子都是一名以公♥司♥利益为重的人
I've been a company man all my life.
我忠诚 值得信赖 善于处理危机
I'm loyal, I'm trustworthy, and I'm good in a crisis.
我很高兴你们就在布鲁克林这地方
And I love that you're right here in Brooklyn.
我在这里住了一辈子 最近我感觉
I've lived here all my life, and lately I feel
我在布鲁克林或许过着不够时髦的生活
I may not be hip enough to live in Brooklyn,
所以入职也能对此有所帮助
so this could help with that, too.
我曾看到一句话 音乐家并不退休
I read once, musicians don't retire.
他们只是在没有音乐灵感的时候才停手
They stop when there's no more music in them.
我心中还有音乐
Well, I still have music in me,
这点毋庸置疑
absolutely positive about that.
好消息 我找到了八号♥ 藏青色的
Good news, I found a size eight in navy.
你说得没错
No, you are right.
快递应该现在就已经到了
That package should have arrived by now.
我帮你查查下
Let me track that for you.
没错 如果你有翘臀的话穿这款裤子一定棒极了
Yep, these pants are awesome if you have hips.
非常显瘦
Super slimming.
好了 让我给您复述下您的情况
Okay, let me just review this with you.
您有六个伴娘
You have six bridesmaids.
您订了六件 粉色的安托瓦妮特丝绸雪纺连衣裙
You ordered six of the silk chiffon Antoinette dresses in pink.
婚礼三天后举♥行♥
The wedding is in three days,
而刚到的连衣裙全是炭灰色
and the dresses just arrived all in charcoal gray,
我们根本不卖♥♥这颜色 真有点莫名
which we don't even sell, so that is a bit of a mystery.
好吧 我们打算这样帮您解决问题
Okay, here's what we're gonna do about this.
我去给供应商打电♥话♥ 今天就解决这问题
I am gonna call the vendor and have this fixed today.
发货前我会亲自过目
I will personally see the dresses before they are Fed Exed,
我保证周五早上九点
and I promise you they will be at your front door
会送到您的家门口 好吗
by 9:00 a.m. Friday, okay?
我把我的电♥话♥号♥给您好了 以防万一
You know what, let me give you my cell just in case,
718-555-0199
718-555-0199.
非常感谢您的耐心
Oh, thank you so much for your patience,
您的钱我会全额返还 这是...
and I am gonna refund you back all your money. It's the...
是的 不...
Yes. N...
好的 嘿 这件事别顾虑了 好吗
Okay, hey, you check this one off your list, okay?
没问题了
This is done.
瑞秋 祝您的婚礼盛大圆♥满♥
And, Rachel, have a great wedding.
天呐 怎么会发生那种事
Oh, my God, how did that happen?
朱尔斯
电影精选列表