你把他怎么了? 你们为什么把他带走?
What have you done with him? Why did you take him? What do you want?
这是一项实验
It's an experiment.
他只是个小男孩 他能让你们学到什么?
He's just a little boy. What could you possibly learn from him?
什么也不能
Nothing.
你们要的不是山姆
This wasn't about Sam.
这跟孩子们无关
This wasn't about the children.
从一开始就与他们无关
It was never about the children.
我们才是实验对象
We were the experiment.
妈妈跟孩子的心灵连接…
Your connection, mother to child.
它像是一条隐形的丝一样 我们甚至能测出它的能量
Like an invisible tissue. We can even measure its energy.
我们却无法理解,于是我就想知道:
But we don't fully understand it, so I posed the question:
亲情能否被消除? 当然可以
"Can it be dissolved?" And it can.
除了你以外
Except for you.
把儿子还给我
Give me back my son...
你要我怎样都行
...and I'll do whatever you want.
我要你忘了你的儿子
What I want, Telly, is for you to forget your son.
- 忘了山姆的存在 - 不
-To forget Sam. -No.
不然这项实验就会彻底失败
If you don't, this experiment will fail.
我必须承担后果
I'm accountable.
我不能让这种事发生
I can't let that happen.
时间所剩不多
And time is running out.
我不会帮你
I won't help you.
有些事比遗忘更可怕
There are worse things than forgetting.
并没有
No, there aren't.
你一定要忘记!
You need to forget.
你跟其他人不一样
You're different from the others.
为什么?
Why?
这样比较好
It's better this way.
你不必再为他伤心难过
You won't be haunted by his memory.
你可以重新生活
You could have a life again.
我要你回想他出生的那一天
Now, I want you to go back to that first day in the hospital.
你第一次见到山姆
To the first time you ever saw Sam.
我需要你对他的第一个记忆
I need that first memory.
我要你把这段回忆给我
Give me that first memory.
你儿子叫什么名字?
That boy. What was his name?
哪来的儿子?
What boy?
我肚子里有过一个小生命
I had life inside of me.
我有了一个小生命
I had life.
我怀了一个小孩
I have a child.
我有一个儿子
I have a son.
我有…
I...
一个儿子
...have a son.
他的名字叫山姆 你这个混♥蛋♥
His name is Sam, you son of a bitch.
我需要更多时间
I need more time.
山姆!
Sam!
山姆!
Sam!
山姆!山姆!
Sam! Sam!
你认识山姆吗?
Sam Paretta, do you know him?
山姆!
Sam!
嗨,妈
Hey, Mom.
还没要走吧?
It's not time to go yet, is it?
妈,我不能呼吸
Mom, I can't breathe.
对不起,我只想…
I'm sorry. I just....
- 我只想帮你扣好钮扣 - 我能玩到五点半吗?
-I just wanted you to button up. -Can I play till 5:30?
- 好啊 - 好
-Yeah. -Okay.
- 好,没问题 - 好,谢了
-Yeah, 5:30's okay. -Okay. Thanks.
待会见
See you.
待会见
See you.
嗨,萝伦
Hi, Lauren.
嗨
Hi.
嗨
Hi.
我猜他们…
I guess they....
- 他们不希望有父母在 - 是啊
-They don't want parents around. -No.
你一直在为他操心
You keep watching him.
很难不为自己的孩子操心
It's hard not to.
他们不会有事
They're okay.
我知道
I know.
我是泰莉,山姆的妈妈
I'm Telly. Sam's mom.
我是艾许,我想我们见过面
I'm Ash. I think we met before.