Sorry madam. I did not know how to make you differently awake.
对不起 夫人 我不知道要怎样叫醒你
The Heelshires had to go here.
夏尔夫妇出门了
They apologize and ask if you want to wait in the parlor.
他们说很抱歉 请你去客厅稍等一会
Looks like something out of a story.
这里看上去就像写满了故事
The Heelshires have already settled.
夏尔夫妇对房♥子爱护有加
I will bring stuff inside. - Thank you.
我把你的行李放进去了 - 谢谢
Is there anybody out there? Hello there.
有人在吗?你好
Is someone here?
有人在家吗?
Hi there.
你好
Sorry.
对不起
Believe it or not, but I did not mean to scare correct.
信不信由你 但我不是故意吓你的
I'm sorry I startled. I thought I heard someone upstairs
对不起 我吓了一跳 我听到楼上有声音
Is everything alright? - Yes, I'm sorry. This is so stupid.
你没事吧? - 是的 抱歉 真是太蠢了
Are you Mr. Jolly Shire? - No.
你是乔利夏尔先生? - 不
I knew that. - No, I am the messenger boy.
我知道你不是 - 我是杂货店的
The local boodschappenman.
当地商店的伙计
Actually, I have a shop.
其实 是我的商店
I'm Malcolm. - Hi.
我是马尔科姆 你好
You're probably as a nanny? - Yes, Greta Evans.
也许你是个保姆? - 是的 格里塔·埃文斯
I go downstairs to unpack the groceries. Want to come along?
我要下楼去卸货 要一起来吗?
I can give you a tour of such exotic locations
我可以给你做向导 带你参观一下
as the pantry and bread bin.
比如厨房♥或者面包机
Would you like that? - Sounds good. I follow it.
你愿意吗?听上去不错 好吧 带路吧
You're American? - Yes, my first trip to the UK.
你是美国人吗? - 是的 第一次来英国
Let me guess.
让我猜猜
California, am I right?
加利福尼亚 对吗?
Montana. Here? - Yes, it may in the basket.
蒙大纳 这里? - 是的 放到篮子里
I'm usually quite good at this. I have a gift.
我很擅长做这些 我有一种天赋
A gift?
天赋?
Prognosticator. Clairvoyant. Whatever you like to call it.
预言者 千里眼 或者随你喜欢怎么叫
I had a grandmother that read tea-leaves.
我的祖母很懂茶叶
My mother read palms, so...
我母亲擅长棕榈植
What do you read it?
那么你呢?
Me? - Yeah.
我?- 对
Chewing gum.
嚼口香糖
We can not choose our gifts. Allow me? Dont be shy.
我们无法选择自己的天赋 证明你看?不要害羞
Allow you ...
好吧 ...
I'm going to read gum. I'm a professional. Trust me.
我能读懂口香糖 我是专业的 相信我
Interesting teeth marks.
有趣的牙科诊断
I see that you're a writer ...
你是一个作家...
from Phoenix, Montana.
来自凤♥凰♥城 蒙大纳州
You came here to be inspired by the English countryside ...
你来到英国乡村寻找灵感...
and escape from your busy life in the US
从美国忙碌的生活中逃离
No. - Almost.
不对 差不多吧
Absolutely not. No.
不 差远了
Another try. Just one.
再试一次 就一次
I see what went wrong. It is very clear now.
我刚刚看错了 但现在非常清楚了
I see a dark past.
我看到一个黑暗的过去
Fleeing someone?
逃避某人吗?
As it looks.
因为它看起来
I throw it away now.
我现在把它扔掉
That was my best attempt at flirting.
那是我最好的调情招数
They regard me as charming in this country.
不管你信不信 事实上我是公认的有魅力
It's okay.
省省吧
It is incredible that we manage to reproduce.
难以置信这就是我们的繁衍方式
Bread? - In the cabinet behind you.
面包? 对 在你后面柜子里
And how's the family?
他们的家人怎么样?
They are nice.
他们的人很好
There very generous.
非常的慷慨
As good as you hope to meet.
就跟你期望的一样
And the son? Brahms? - Brahms.
那他们的儿子呢?布拉姆斯
He is a...
他是...
I do not really know how I should explain.
我真的不知道该如何解释
Ms. Jolly Shire.
乔利夫人
I'm so glad to finally meet you.
很高兴终于跟你见面了
Where are your shoes?
你的鞋子呢?
Brahms wants to meet so badly. He has never seen an American.
布拉姆斯非常想见你 他从没见过美国人
I would also like to meet him.
我也很想见见他
I was sure my shoes were here.
我很确定 我刚才把鞋子放在这里
They dive or on. It is Brahms. He can be very playful.
你会找到的 是布拉姆斯跟你开玩笑
I see you other shoes with you. - Yes that's right.
我想你还有别的鞋子 -是的没错
Hurry up then. We let them wait long enough.
快点吧 已经让他们等的够久了
Her name is Mrs. Evans. We want you to be very well behaved.
她的名字叫埃文斯 希望你们能够好好相处
You're very smart. And I love...
你是个聪明的孩子 我很爱你...
Mrs Evans, may I introduce you to Mr. whole Shire.
埃文斯小姐 让我介绍一下 这是夏尔先生
Mrs. Evans.
埃文斯小姐
And this is our son Brahms.
这是我们的儿子布拉姆斯
So now you have seen Brahms.
所以 你已经见过布拉姆斯
How are you, Brahms?
你好吗 布拉姆斯
Be good to Mrs. Evans. They come from far away to meet you.
跟埃文斯小姐打个招呼 她从很远的地方来见你
I am leaving now. The bill is set on the table.
现在我要走了 我把清单放在桌子上了
Nice to meet you. Hopefully I'll see you at my next delivery.
很高兴认识你 期待下次交货时再见
Thanks, Malcolm. - You're welcome.
谢谢 马尔科姆 不客气
I'm so glad to meet you.
很高兴认识你
I hope we can be friends.
希望我们能成为好朋友
Dad, would you bring Mrs Evans stuff to her room?
爸爸 把埃文斯小姐的行李放到她房♥间好吗?
We can already start. I have to show you much.
我们得开始了 有很多事情要交代给你
You'll be here all alone. Can you handle that? - Yes of course.
以后你都会一个人在这里 可以应付吗? -是的没问题
We've tried a lot of nanny ? Brahms has turned them all down
我们请过很多保姆 但都被布拉姆斯拒绝了
But they were not young or beautiful as you.
她们都没有你这样年轻漂亮
You have to make him up every morning at 07:00 and woke him dressed.
你要每天早上7点叫他起床 叫醒后给他穿衣服
You'll have clean clothes behind.
然后你要洗衣服
So I have to ...
所以我必须...
Wake him up and dress him. Practice makes perfect.
叫醒他 穿衣服 熟能生巧
Waking.
起床啦
I do not know about you, but that would not wake me.
我不知道你怎么样 但那样叫我肯定不会醒
It's time to stand up. - He's not a baby.
是时候起床了 - 他不是婴儿
You should not be afraid that you're hurting him.
不需要那么怕伤到他
Excuse me.
等一下
We'll even let Mrs. Evans show how you dress.
让埃文斯小姐看看你是怎么穿衣服的
I would let her do, but we are here tonight.
我会让她来做 但是我很担心 会多待一晚
Brahms is a three hour class, five days a week ...
布拉姆斯每天要上三小时的课 每周五天...
I always start to read poems. Do you poems?
我喜欢先读一些诗歌♥ 你会读诗吗?
I know all the words to "Green Eggs and Ham".
我会朗诵全篇“绿鸡蛋和火腿”
It need not necessarily poems.
也不一定是诗
One of these books is also good, but you must read loud and clear.
这些书都很不错 但是你必须大声清晰的朗读
Yes of course.
好的 没问题
Yes of course. - Excellent.
好的 没问题 -很好
And now his choice of music.
下一节是音乐课
You have to sit up. Like a good boy.
你得坐好了 像个好孩子一样
Music.
音乐
Brahms can not live without his music. It is his world.
布拉姆斯的生活不能没有音乐 这是他的世界
He likes it more than I would like, but ...
他喜欢音乐的程度远超过我 但是...
he enjoys it so much that I do not dare to hold him off.
他沉浸在音乐之中 我都不敢把他抱走
We do not throw food away from here. This is a country house.
我们不会把食物往外扔 这是乡村别♥墅♥
You know what that means? - No.
知道这说明什么吗?-不知道
That is, we fight constantly against nature ...
也就是说 我们在不断破坏大自然...
the weather, the plants and pests. Especially pests.
天气 植物和害虫 特别是害虫
And so we have to take certain measures against them.
所以我们必须采取措施
Hello my love.
嗨亲爱的
Mr. Jolly Shire will explain the rest of your tasks.
乔利先生会说明你的其余工作
The food is here.
食物在这里
Thank you. And I will now show you the traps.
现在我要带你看看捕鼠夹
We do our best to maintain the house. use the fireplace anymore.
我们尽最大努力保护房♥子 不再使用壁炉
Dangerous. And sadly, our last craftsman ...
有点遗憾的是 上次装♥修♥的时候...
windows painted shut.
工人不小心把窗户弄坏了
Personally I do not need all this, but ...
在我看来并不需要这些 但是......
Ms. Jolly is confident that the rats crawl into the walls.
乔利夫人认为老鼠会爬进墙壁
And Brahms was never crazy about animals.
布拉姆斯不是很喜欢小动物
He was always quite shy.
他很害羞