你有多大
How old are you?
什么
What?
再说一下你的年龄
Tell me again how old you are.
21岁
Twenty-one.
你看起来要更年轻一些
You look young for your age.
人们并非总是和外表一致 麦克尔斯太太
People aren't always as they seem, Mrs. Michaels.
我喜欢他的太空服
I like his, uh, astronaut costume.
我们只有这样
It was, uh, the only way
才能让他在屋外时
we could get him to wear his protective gear
穿上防护装备
outside the house.
并不是说我们要经常带他出门
Not that we take him out very often.
你还是学生吗
And you're a student?
是的 不过我休学了一个学期
Yes, um, but I am taking the semester off
来认真完成论文
to focus on my thesis.
我猜你是为了完成学术论文
And I'm assuming your work at the university
才来应征我们的广♥告♥
is why you answered our ad.
是的 夫人 我在研究
Yes, ma'am. I'm working on children
患有严重过敏症的孩子
with severe allergies.
额 你知道
Um, you know,
有最新的研究表明
some new studies
过敏原因更多是由心理方面造成的 而非物理方面
say that allergies are more mental than physical.
一些研究人员在尝试更激进的方法
Some researchers have been trying something more radical.
比如用麦角酸 -你有车吗
Lysergic acid-- -Do you own a car?
没有
No.
不过我可以搭公交或者走路来
Um, but I can take the bus or walk.
我住的不远
I'm not far.
你有男朋友吗
Do you have a boyfriend?
哦 额
Oh, um...
没有
No.
哇哦
Wow.
我喜欢这个
I like this.
画的真棒
It's really good.
你看过吗
Did you see?
看过
Yeah.
那你的家人呢
And what about your family?
你读书时也和他们一起住的吗
Do you live with them while you're at school?
我其实没有家人
I... don't have a family actually.
不过我觉得这让我更为合适
Um, but I think that's what makes me better.
因为我可以好好陪伴约翰尼
Because I can be Johnny's.
不会为其他事分心
And I won't be distracted.
他的上一位保姆和你很像
His previous sitter was like you.
不同的是 她有更多的保姆经验
But unlike you, she had much more babysitting experience.
这个嘛
Well, um...
我知道如何和孩子相处
I just know I'm great with kids.
照顾孩子和动物
Kids and animals.
你喜欢小动物吗 约翰尼
Do you like animals, Johnny?
他不会说话
He doesn't speak.
我想
I guess...
我想他喜欢你
I guess he likes you.
那就好 因为我也喜欢他
Good, because I like him too.
你有戴首饰吗
Are you wearing jewelry?
没有 -他对镍过敏
No. -He's allergic to nickel.
她是谁
Who's she?
他也会对所有动物过敏
He's also allergic to all animals,
还有糖 麦麸 植物种子
sugar, gluten, seeds of any kind,
草莓 烟雾 人造织物
strawberries, smoke, artificial fabrics,
所以只能给他玩有机填充玩具
so please only organic stuffed animals.
我的办公室里有完整的清单
There's a whole list in my office.
我还得给你看下他的常规处方
I'll have to show you his prescription routine.
你可能需要抄下来
You'll want to write it all down.
他每天下午都要小睡一会儿
He takes a nap every afternoon.
通常情况下 他一整天都会在床上待着
He's in bed, typically, seven till seven.
当然 当他受到过度刺♥激♥时
And, of course, there's quiet playtime
也会起来安静地玩耍
for when he's overstimulated.
他的新药物会让他嗜睡
His new medication knocks him out.
这比之前我们都以为他是自闭症时
It's better than the stuff they put him on
给的药物有用多了
when we all thought it was autism.
如果在午睡时间他不想睡觉
If he fights you when it's time for nap,
你就告诉他可以不用睡觉
just tell him he doesn't actually have to sleep.
就闭眼冥想也行
Just treat it like a meditation.
能关下门吗
Could you close the door?
在当保姆期间
Along with babysitting,
我们会需要你做一些简单的家务
you're expected to do light housework.
包括洗碗 清理冰箱
That includes dishes, cleaning out the fridge,
收拾灶台
cleaning off the countertops,
保持约翰尼的游戏室干净整齐
keeping Johnny's playroom clean and put away.
当然 还需要整理床铺
And, of course, making the beds.
噢 对不起 额
Oh, sorry! Um...
抱歉 我只是有点紧张
Sorry, I'm just nervous.
对不起
Sorry.
我要忙着发行图书
I'm getting busy with my book release.
所以我们才需要…… -我
Which is why we need-- -Me.
《苦中作乐》
The Pleasure of Pain.
一本恋爱 两性和自我发现指南
A Guide to Love, Sex, and Self-discovery.
不错
Cool.
如果你想找老公
If you were looking for a husband
或者发现自我
or a sense of self,
不过我觉得你还很年轻
but I think you're still too young
不用去看这些东西
to appreciate something like this.
好的 夫人
Yes, ma'am.
我需要你明白
I need you to understand
约翰尼的过敏症很严重
that Johnny's allergies are severe.
也就是说你如果不严格按照我的指令做事
That means that if you don't follow my explicit instructions,
他可能会死
he could die.
无论什么情况
And under no circumstances
你都不能让他离开屋子
are you to let Johnny leave the property.
除了我刚才所说的重要事项
Not with the full weight of what I just said.
你清不清楚你要承担的责任
Do you understand the level of responsibility
有多重
you would be taking on?
我要你说出来
I need to hear you say it.
我清楚
I understand.
失陪
Excuse me.
如果你要抢劫我
If you're here to rob me,
我把所有的财宝都埋在了后院里
I keep all my valuables buried in the backyard.
冰箱里有巧克力 你想吃的话可以拿
Chocolate in the fridge if you want one.
额 不用 你好 我叫米莉森特
Uh, no. Hi. I'm Millicent.
我知道你是谁
I know who you are.
所以我妻子雇佣了你
So, my wife hired you.
怎么不说话了
Cat got your tongue?
抱歉
Sorry, uh...
我有点被你吓到了
You just frightened me.
嗯 被我吓到 看来你没希望了
Mmm. Frightened of me? There's no hope for you.
要巧克力吗
Chocolate?
所以你经常当保姆吗
So, you do a lot of babysitting?
偶尔
Sometimes.
所以你是
So, you're, uh...
木匠吗
a carpenter?
嗯哼 -你在打造什么
Mm-hmm. -What are you building?
做一些永远都做不完的东西
Something that will never get finished.
你衣服都没穿
You're not dressed.
嗯 你也没穿
Hmm. You are.
别胡闹 -该死
Not now. - Shit.
住手
Stop.
快去换衣服 我们要错过预约了
Please go change. We're gonna miss our reservation.
麻烦把碗洗了
Please do the dishes.
你可以用我的干洗机
And I'll have you take my dry cleaning,
这样你明早就可以拿出来
so you can drop it in the morning.
疯婆子
Crazy bitch.
你这段时间一直在来
All this time you've been coming here,
我为你过去几个月的进步
I've been so proud of you and your progress