整个国家都是战区
This whole country's a battlefront.
这是生命和死亡
This is life and death.
你说的这些废话不需要彩排
That shit you noted is no rehearsal.
你的部下....你必须信任他们
You gotta have men...and you must trust these men...
他们也必须信任你
and they must trust you...
我不在乎你的部下是否喜欢你.....或者你的部下恨你
and I don't care if your men like you...or your men hate you...
保证你的部下活着...他们会让你活着的!
Keep your men alive...they'll keep you alive!
解散
Dismissed.
嗨,中士!
Hi, Sergeant!
杰夫.奈特中尉
Lieutenant Jeff Knight.
我看你有1米73
I see you're with the 173rd.
为什么他们叫它牛群?
Why do they call it The Herd anyway?
它什么样的?
What's it like?
它什么样的?
What's it like?
很不错!
It's good!
你会去巡逻,你杀了一些越共
You go out on patrol and you kill a few of them.
他们会杀你们中的一部分
Then they kill a few of yours.
然后你回营地吃饭,睡觉
Then you go back to base to eat, sleep.
第二天,做同样的事
Next day, same thing.
不知不觉,你要么挂球了,要么就要回家了
Before you know it, you're either dead or you're goin' home.
很不错!
It's good!
中尉,来看看你的新家!
Lieutenant, take a look at your new home!
对不起
Excuse me.
中尉,我是麦克纳马拉中士
Lieutenant, Sergeant McNamara.
中士
Sergeant.
欢迎来到乡村俱乐部
Welcome to the country club.
哦,我不会去找弗里克中尉的
Oh, I wouldn't bother looking for Lieutenant Frick.
他提前三天就离开了
He left three days ago, three days early.
有什么问题吗?
What was the problem?
没问题
No problem.
他称之为迷信
Well, he called it superstition.
你称什么?
What do you call it?
我称他偏执狂
I'd call it paranoia.
哦,他有一个奇怪的想法
Oh, he had this weird thing, this funny idea,
这里有人想开枪打他的屁♥股♥
that there are people out here trying to shoot his ass.
你看到那个掩体了吗?
You see that bunker?
弗里克在那里度过了他最后两个月
That's where Frick spent the last two months of his tour.
甚至没挪过窝
Never stepped outside it once.
那是军官指挥部
That's officer's quarters.
谢谢!中士
Thank you, Sergeant.
解散吧
Dismissed.
借个火
Lighter.
你觉得他在里面干什么?
So what do you think he's doing' in there?
灌醉自己或者盼着回家
Gettin' drunk or wishin' he were home
同时给他妻子的写信:
别担心
while he writes a Don't Worry, I'll Be Home
我会在你知道之前回家的
Before You Know It letter to his wife.
幸好他结婚了
Good thing he's married.
有些家伙从来不愿冒险
Those guys never like to take chances.
你个混球,那咱们一定玩球了!
You fuckhead, that means we gotta!
怎么?
So?
那有动静!
There's a gook!
哪儿,在哪儿?
Where, where, where?
嘿,别他的搞我,巴切拉!
Hey, don't fuck with me, Bacera.
别他妈的吓唬我,你真该死的!
Don't fuck with me like that goddamn you!
哦,伙计,你干嘛了,拉裤兜子了吗?
Oh man, what did you do, shit in your pants?
你的袋子里有水果吗,巴切拉?
You got any fruit in that bag, Bacera?
拜托,伙计,我知道你在里面。
Come on, man, I know you got it in there.
我用两罐午餐肉换桃子
I'll trade you two cans of Spam for them peaches.
没门,伙计
No way, man.
为什么不从中尉的藏匿处拿走一些?
Why don't you take some from that Lieutenant's stash?
我的意思是,无论如何,他还没来得及吃完就要走了
I mean, he's gonna be gone before he can eat it up anyway.
不,他会在兔子洞里冬眠
Nah, he's gonna hibernate in that rabbit hole
然后当他的巡逻结束时,他会像兔子一样跳出来。
then when his tour's up he's gonna pop up like a rabbit.
哟,让我向你解释一下新的第二个...
Yo, let me explain to you about the new second...
哦,对不起, 长官
Oh, sorry, sir, sorry.
你没事吧?
You Okay?
早啊
Morning.
约书亚·帕克,我是你的无线电报务员
Joshua Parker, I'm your radio operator.
早,帕克
Morning, Parker.
通知所有的班长,各班整队
Get all the squad leaders and the squads formed up.
长官?
Sir?
你要叫各班班长整队吗?
You want all the squad leaders to form up?
在外面吗?
Out here?
好的,长官
Okay, sir.
好了,快点,站好了!站好了!
All right, come on, dress it up, dress it up!
哈耶斯中士,长官
Sergeant Hayes, sir.
欢迎来到B连2排
Welcome to Second Platoon, Bravo Company.
谢谢,中士
Thank you, Sergeant.
罗奇中士,欢迎来到越南
Sergeant Roach, welcome to Nam.
嗨,这声音想个诗人
Hey, that sounds like a poem.
早啊,各位
Morning, men.
很高兴和你们在一起
Glad to be among you.
既然我知道我们在未来的一天里会了解到
Since I know we're gonna learn more than enough
更多关于彼此的信息
about each other in the day's ahead,
我们不如客套话,直奔主题
we can drop the social stuff and get down to business.
有事儿就快说吧
What else is there around here?
你的名字,士兵?
What's your name, soldier?
巴塞拉,雷蒙德·巴塞拉
Bacera, Raymond Bacera.
我们在这里的任务是保护Truong Lam村
Our mission here is to protect the village of Truong Lam.
我们所做的一切都为了这个
Everything we do is in response to that.
我们需要为保护他们做好准备
We need to be ready for them.
如果我们要阻止敌人
If we're to stop the enemy,
我们就必须摧毁和消灭
to destroy their raiding parties
越共游击队
and advance forces.
为了阻止他们,我们必须把他们连根铲除
And to stop them, we'll have to cut 'em off at the roots.
你在说接管河内,长官?
You're talkin' about takin' over Hanoi, sir?
还没有
Not yet.
我说的是巡逻村子周围
I'm talking about patrolling the countryside.
上级说这个地区要出事
HQ says this area's gonna get hot,
我必须要有所准备
and I have to prepare for it.
我们会每天派出三支巡逻队
We'll be sending out three patrols a day.
每天都有不同时间
Staggered of course with different timing
和路线的规划
and routes, every day.
是的,他们将在
Yeah, and they'll be coordinated
弗里克办公室协调,嗯?
from in Frick's office, eh?
嘿,闭嘴
Hey, shut up.
我每天会与一支巡逻出去
I'm going out on one patrol a day.
解散
Dismissed.
好啊,散开吧,快点吧
All right, spread out, on the double!
回各自的岗位
Get to your posts.
麦克纳马拉中士
Sergeant McNamara.
我想和你一起巡逻这个新的防御区
I wanna go over the new perimeter defenses with ya.
嗯,你把一切都搞定了,不是吗,中尉?
Well, you got it all worked out, don't you, Lieutenant?
没有,但我至少在尽职
No, but at least I'm trying.
啊,嗯,如果越共不停的给我们送人头
Ah, well, if VC ever starts giving us grades for effort
那么你的战绩一定很高
then you're gonna do real good.
你为什么不把路两边草割了,嗯?
Why don't you just cut the shit, huh?
只要割掉草,只要把那条小路
Just cut the shit, and while you're at it,
两边的草都割得很短的话
just cut the grass on both sides of that trail shorter,
你的视野就更好
and you keep it that way.
教科书写的都对,嗯,中尉?
That's right outta the textbook, huh, LT?
是的,书里都是经验
Yeah, it's worked before.
但不适用越南!
Before wasn't the Nam!
但是书里告诉过你这些M60机♥枪♥
But textbooks tell you where to
指向丛林那里了吗?
point these M60s into the jungle?
因为书里全是错!
Because the book is wrong!
机♥枪♥不应该指向丛林
They shouldn't be pointing into the jungle.
你得让它们封锁大路
You gotta point 'em right down Main Street.
就在Truong Lam村的中心
Right down the center of Truong Lam
因为那是越共必经之地