晚上好,vercheres
Good evening, vercheres.
嘘
Shh
晚上好,警官
Good evening, inspector.
你像往常一样错过了歌♥剧的一半
You have missed half of the opera, as usual.
我不是来看歌♥剧的
I didn't come to see the opera.
像往常一样
As usual.
Raouh chnsfine
Raouh chnsfine.
我刚从鲁昂回来 现在我必须和你谈一下
I just got back from rouen. Now I must talk to you for a moment.
但我
But I
Raoulishouwnt havelefl
Raoulishouwnt havelefl.
克里斯汀,亲爱的 我赶过来告诉你一件事
Christine, dear. I hurried over to tell you something.
什么 我爱你
What That I love you.
一遍吗 不动
Again Still.
你真是太棒了,亲爱的
Vvhatainondefiul audmncetonght vvondefiul and you were marvelous, biancarolli.
噢,谢谢你
Oh, thank you.
我们今晚在cafe de I'opéra吃晚饭
We're having supper tonight at the cafe de I'opéra.
非常抱歉,拉乌尔,今晚不行 为什么不呢
I'm terribly sorry, raoul, but I can't tonight. Why not
克里斯 克里斯汀
Chris Christine
我来了,詹妮
I'm coming, Jenny.
如果你今晚另有约会,就取消吧
If you have another engagement tonight, break it.
你已经在这上面玩了两年了
You've had your fling at this for two years.
但我不想放弃歌♥剧
But I don't want to give up the opera.
除非我有机会真正唱歌♥
Not until I've had a chance to really sing.
阿纳托利说他对我的声音很有信心,他会帮我
And anatole says he has great faith in my voice, and he's going to help me.
自然 这就是男中音的作用
Naturally. That's what baritones are for.
你今晚的声音真好听,先生
You're in wonderful voice tonight, monsieur.
非常感谢,马塞尔
Excehent thank you, Marcel.
克里斯汀 你为什么不在舞台上表演呢
Christine Why weren't you on the stage for the end of the act
好吧,我 你还好吧 哦,是的
Well, I You're all right, aren't you Oh, yes.
小姐杜布瓦
Mademoiselle Dubois
请过来一下
Come here, please.
别担心
Don't worry.
你为什么不上台谢幕呢,小姐
Why weren't you on the stage for the curtain calls, mademoiselle
嗯,我病了 不,你没有
Well, I was ill No, you were not.
你在招待一个朋友 朋友,注意你
You were entertaining a friend. A friend, mind you
现在,一个歌♥手在表演期间故意离开舞台是一种严重的违反
Now, for a singer to deliberately absent herself from the stage during a performance is a gross breach of
你想跟我谈谈吗,先生
You wish to talk to me, monsieur
如果你允许的话,演出结束后我想和迪布瓦小姐在我的办公室说几句话
With your permission, I'd like a few words with mademoiselle Dubois in my office after the performance.
是的,她将在那里 谢谢你
Yes, she will bethere. Thank you.
现在,你要记住我告诉你的话,小姐
Now, you bear in your mind what I told you, mademoiselle.
是的,先生
Yes, monsieur.
这家伙真吓人,只要他想,他就会这样
Terrifying fellow, that vercheres, when he wants to be.
我非常感激,先生
I'm very grateful, monsieur.
我向你保证,我再也不会错过谢幕了
I promise you I'll never miss a curtain call again.
这是一个承诺 现在,嗯 这个年轻人对你来说比你的事业更重要 他是谁
It's a promise. Now, uh This young man who is more important to you than your career Who is he
但他不是,先生 也就是说,我很喜欢他 我的意思是 他是sdreté的raoul daubert探长
But he isn't, monsieur. That is, I'm very fond of him I mean Well, he's inspector raoul daubert of the sdreté.
检查员吗 你是说警♥察♥
Inspector You mean a policeman
但他不是一个普通的警♥察♥
But he's not an ordinary policeman.
即使是一位杰出的警♥察♥,对一个歌♥剧女高音来说,也似乎是一个奇怪的情人
Even an extraordinary policeman seems a strange sweetheart for an operatic soprano.
他唱歌♥吗
Does he sing
恐怕你还不明白,先生
I'm afraid you don't understand, monsieur.
他毕业于圣西尔军事学院
He's a graduate of the military academy at Saint-cyr.
他非常聪明,非常聪明
And he's very intelligent and very clever.
作为一个对你来说无足轻重的人,他似乎给你留下了深刻的印象,小姐
For a man who means nothing to you, he seems to have made quite an impression, mademoiselle.
但我没说他对我毫无意义 我说的是 我知道
But I didn't say he meant nothing to me. What I said was I know.
我明白你的意思
I know what you mean.
你很有前途,迪布瓦小姐
You have promise, mademoiselle Dubois.
但你必须在歌♥剧事业和通常所说的正常生活之间做出选择
But you must choose between an operatic career and what is usually called "a normal life."
但我不明白为什么要这么说
Though why it is so-called is beyond me.
你无法兼顾两者
You can't do justice to both.
艺术家有一种特殊的气质,他必须和那些理解他的人一起生活
The artist has a special temperament, and he must live his life exclusively with those who understand it.
我明白了,先生
I understand, monsieur.
你会发现音乐有它的补偿,亲爱的
You'll find that music has its compensations, my dear.
晚安,各位
Good night.
晚安,各位 和谢谢你
Good night. And thank you.
噢,迪布瓦小姐,请你叫克劳丁先生进来好吗
Oh, mademoiselle Dubois, will you please tell monsieur claudin to come in
我想他在接待室
I think he's in the anteroom.
当然可以
Certainly.
晚安,各位
Good night.
晚上好 维伦纽夫先生请您现在进来
Good evening. Monsieur villeneuve asked that you come in now.
谢谢你,小姐 谢谢你
Thank you, mademoiselle. Thank you.
小姐吗 我能和你说几句话吗
Mademoiselle May I speak to you for a minute
当然可以
Certainly.
今晚第三幕谢幕的时候你不在舞台上
You weren't on the stage tonight for the third-act curtain calls.
剧院里的每个人似乎都注意到了这一点
Everyone in the theater seems to have noticed it.
这真的很讨人喜欢
It's really quite flattering.
你为什么没去
Why weren't you there
哦,原谅我,但我在这里待得太久了,你 每一个人,每一件与歌♥剧有关的事情都是我生活的一部分
Oh, forgive me, but I've been here so long that you Everybody, everything connected with the opera is so much a part of my life.
当然 但是维伦纽夫先生在等着呢
Of course. But monsieur villeneuve is waiting.
是的
Yes.
你没病吧
You weren't ill, were you
你没惹麻烦吧
You're not in any trouble
我知道这很无礼,但是
Oh, it's impertinent of me, I know, but, uh
你很善良
You're very kind.
晚安,各位
Good night.
克里斯汀
Christine
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
晚安,各位
Good night.
晚安,各位
Good night.
请进
Come in, please.
你知道我为什么叫你来,克劳丁
You know why I sent for you, claudin.
我想是的,大♥师♥
I think so, maestro.
一段时间以来,我已经感觉到小提琴部分的不和谐
For some time now, I have sensed discord in the violin section.
直到今晚,我才确定了麻烦的来源
It was not until tonight that I definitely located the source of the trouble.
让我听听你弹吧,克劳丁
Let me hear you play, if you please, claudin.
是的,大♥师♥
Yes, maestro.
那是什么,克劳丁
What was that, claudin
一个小的歌♥ 摇篮曲
A little song. A lullaby.
我出生在普罗旺斯
From provence, where I was born.
你打得很好
You played it very well.
也许我错了
Perhaps I was wrong.
不,是你
No, it was you.
发生了什么事,克劳丁
What could have been the matter, claudin
你是个有造诣的音乐家
You're an accomplished musician.
来吧,来了
Come, come now.
让我听听你演奏《玛尔塔》第三幕的开场乐章
Let me hear you play the opening movement in the third act of marta.
没用的,大♥师♥
It's no use, maestro.
我左手的手指出了点问题
Something has happened to the fingers of my left hand.
但你的摇篮曲弹得很好
But you played that lullaby perfectly.
这是一个简单的旋律,大♥师♥
It's a simple melody, maestro.
这就是我玩它的原因
That's why I played it.
你想骗我,是吧,克劳丁
You were trying to fool me, eh, claudin
也许这只是暂时的 也许会好起来的
Well, perhaps it's only temporary. Perhaps it'll get better.
希望如此,但与此同时 你知道吗,克劳丁,巴黎歌♥剧的目的就是追求完美
I hope so, but in the meantime You know, claudin, the aim of the Paris opera is perfection.
对不起,老伙计 非常抱歉
I'm sorry, old fellow. Very sorry.
你跟我们在一起很久了,不是吗
You've been with us a long time, haven't you
二十年
Twenty years.
我该怎么办,大♥师♥
What am I to do, maestro
我知道这很难,克劳丁
I know it's hard, claudin.
毫无疑问,你已经存了一笔可观的钱,可以退休了
No doubt you've saved a tidy little fortune to retire on.
是的,当然
Yes, of course.
感谢您长♥期♥的服务,我将与董事们安排给您开季票
In appreciation of your long service, I shall arrange with the directors to have a season ticket issued to you.
谢谢你,大♥师♥
Thank you, maestro.
你为什么在看歌♥剧前不自己吃点东西,而不是让我一直睡不着 你有钱
Why didn't you get yourself something to eat before the opera instead of keeping me up all hours You're rich enough.
同样的汤,夜复一夜,周复一周
Same soup night after night, week after week.
哦,请不要打扰你自己,玛丽
Oh, please don't disturb yourself, Marie.
你真会这么说
You're a fine one to say that.
为什么我不会被打扰
Why wouldn't I be disturbed
我就开门见山了,克劳丁先生
I'll come right to the point, monsieur claudin.