这是一直以来我所喜欢的故事中的一个
This is one of my favorite stories of all time,
即使一切是从一间地下室开始
Even though it begins in a basement.
我要以写了这个故事的一个叫贝里尼的家伙
I'm gonna tell it the way it was written
的方式来讲述它
- by this guy- bellini- -
他住在这个令人难以置信的
Who lives underneath the amazing, the remarkable...
马格瑞姆先生的神奇玩具商店下面
Mr. magorium's wonder emporium.
是的
- - and, yes...
他和洋娃娃睡在一起
He sleeps with a dolly.
贝里尼的工作是为光临玩具店的孩子们
Bellini's job is to build all the books
制♥作♥图书
For all the kids who come to the emporium.
同时他也记载马格瑞姆先生的事迹
But it is also to chronicle the life of mr. magorium himself.
马格瑞姆曾经为拿破仑制♥作♥玩具
Mr. magorium once made toys for napoleon,
在跳房♥子游戏中击败了亚伯拉姆·林肯
Beat abraham lincoln at hopscotch
并且保持着倒立最久的记录
And holds the current record for time spent upside down.
有人认为马格瑞姆是个天才
There were those who called magorium a genius.
我妈妈却认为他是个古怪的人
My mom called him an eccentric.
还有一位来自底特律的人
And this one guy from detroit
含糊的叫他斯蒂夫
Inexplicably called him "steve."
但是马格瑞姆的故事
But magorium's story
即将接近尾声
Was reaching its final chapters.
不过没关系 所有的故事 即使是我们所喜爱的
That's okay-all stories, even the ones we love,
最终也都会结束
Must eventually come to an end...
一个故事结束了
...and when they do,
就意味着另一个故事开始了
It's only an opportunity for another story to begin.
所以故事结局的开始的一章叫做
So the beginning of the end begins with a chapter called,
莫莉·马奥尼的第一
"molly mahoney's first."
莫莉·马奥尼是玩具店的经理
Molly mahoney was the manager of the emporium,
她是马格瑞姆先生的徒弟 我唯一的朋友
Mr. magorium's apprentice, and my only friend.
马奥尼每天早晨都弹钢琴
In the mornings, mahoney would play her piano,
尝试创作她的第一个协奏曲
Attempting to finish her very first concerto,
可是她始终没找到想要的旋律
But she never could find the right notes.
当她是个小女孩时
When she was younger,
所有的人都认为她是个音乐天才
Everyone thought she was a musical genius,
是个才华横溢钢琴家
A brilliant pianist,
她也确信不疑
And she believed them.
可是现在 当她变成了一个大人
But now, as she became a grown-up,
她对此产生了怀疑
- - she wasn't so sure.
我不明白为什么大人们不相信
I don't know why grown-ups don't believe what they did
他们年少时做的事
When they were kids.
我的意思是 他们长大后不是应该更聪明吗
I mean, aren't they supposed to be smarter?
马奥尼所需要的是一个机会
What mahoney needed was the opportunity to prove to herself
去证明她比自己想象中的更优秀
That she was something more than she believed.
这个机会就要来了
And that opportunity was about to appear.
故事就从这里开始
And so that's how this chapter begins...
我的帽子吊在屋顶上
With my hat getting stuck.
埃里克
Eric.
嗨 马奥尼
Hi, mahoney.
你回来了
You're back.
是的
Yeah.
露营不是四周吗
I thought camp was four weeks.
不 不 只有一周
No, no... just the one.
我的帽子吊在屋顶上了
My hat's stuck.
看样子你需要个梯子
Looks like you're gonna need a ladder.
不
Nah.
我要是能跳的再高点就好了
I just need to jump higher.
埃里克 那至少要7英尺
Eric, that's seven feet, at least.
7英尺?
Seven feet?
-真的吗 -至少
- really? - at least.
你看我需要助跑吗
You think I should get a running start?
是的
Yeah.
你露营时交了一些朋友吗
So, did you make any friends at camp?
是的
Yeah.
捷夫
Uh... jeff.
捷夫不是虚构的吧?
Is jeff real?
不是
Yeah. sure.
是个动物吧?
Is he an animal?
是只松鼠
He was a squirrel.
早安
Good morning.
我抓到你了
- gotcha.
这是我错过这趟车的好办法
That's a good way to lose a train.
马奥尼
Mahoney.
早安 先生
Morning, sir.
准备好了吗
Already?
进来 快进来
Drat. come in, come in.
你睡的好吗
How did you sleep?
倒立睡的 我的脚现在还不舒服
Upside down. made my feet tingly.
莫太 从沙发上下来
Mortimer, get off the couch.
你爱吃芜菁甘蓝吗
Do you like turnips?
没人爱吃芜菁甘蓝
Nobody likes turnips.
那你也不爱吃芜菁甘蓝布丁了
So you probably wouldn't like turnip pudding.
说的对
Probably not.
真遗憾我做了些芜菁甘蓝布丁
It's a shame because I made some.
我想和你再谈一谈
Sir, I was hoping to talk again
我们上周讨论过的事
About what we spoke about last week.
关于纸为什么不能击败石头吗
About how paper really shouldn't beat rock?
不是 先生
No, sir.
是关于我可能在找一份新工作
About me possibly finding a new job.
这正是我所说的
That's what I was saying.
什么
What?
我彻夜不眠地做芜菁甘蓝布丁
I stayed up all night making turnip pudding,
并且一直在思索 有件事困扰着我
And thinking, and it occurred to me
我经营这家店已经113年了
That I've owned the emporium for over 113 years.
这是很长一段时间 马奥尼
That's a very long time, mahoney.
是的
Yes, it is.
差不多1♥1♥4♥年了
It's almost 1♥1♥4♥ years.
我甚至从来没有
And not once have I even
看到过一份收据 我实在是不知道
Looked at a receipt, so I have absolutely no idea
这家店到底值多少钱
What the store is worth.
这的确有点不尽人意
Well, that's probably not very good.
的确如此
Exactly.
莫太 接着
Mortimer... fetch.
蠢斑马
- - stupid zebra.
我要雇一名会计师
I'm hiring an accountant.
-一个什么? -一个会计师
- a what? - an accountant.
从字面上看
According to the word,
那是一个计算和异形的混合体
It must be a cross between a "counter" and a "mutant."
不过那的确是我们急需的
And that may be precisely what we need.
不错 不过...
That's great, but...
我非常肯定那个词应该叫做...
I'm pretty sure that word is pronounced...
我已经给一家会计师事务所打了电♥话♥
I placed a call into one of those agencies
他们说今天就会把最优秀的会计师
And they said they'd send over one of their best mutants
派来的
Sometime today, hmm?
所以这个问题解决了
So consider the matter settled.
怎么解决的
How is the matter settled?
我认为非常棒
Quite perfectly in my opinion.
-跟我来 -先生
- come with me. - sir?
-呃 -我是认真的
- hmm? - I'm serious.
什么
What?
我陷入困境了
I'm stuck.
被地板困住了吗
Ooh! to my floor?
不是的 先生
No, sir.
那是什么
Then what?
我想我陷入了人生的困局
Like as a person.
你还记得当我是小女孩时
You remember when I was a little girl,
弹奏拉赫曼尼诺夫第二号♥钢琴协奏曲
And I could play rachmaninoff's 2nd piano concerto
所有的人都说我有潜质
And everyone was talking about my potential?
现在我已经23岁了
Well, I am 23 now,
人们仍然在谈论我的潜质
And everyone's still talking about my potential,
但是如果你让我弹奏我最熟悉的曲目
But if you ask me to play the song I know best...
我还是只能演奏拉赫曼尼诺夫第二号♥钢琴协奏曲
I'll still play rachmaninoff's 2nd.
电影精选列表