第67届戛纳电影节 主竞赛单元 金棕榈大奖提名影片
"吉米的舞厅"在爱尔兰的埃佛雷纳
由爱尔兰共♥产♥党领袖詹姆斯·格拉尔顿开办
一度是自♥由♥派思想家们的聚集地 见证过他们无数次激烈的辩论
也收容着他们无处安放的梦想
1933年 格拉尔顿从美国流亡归国 重启这家舞厅
肯·罗奇的新片《吉米的舞厅》讲的就是这段故事
爱尔兰的革命往事 左派的信仰 牢牢扎根的劳工阶级
《吉米的舞厅》里的这些主题和情怀
是肯·罗奇在近半个世纪的创作中从没放下的议题
这也是他第12次入围戛纳电影节主竞赛单元
早年投身共♥产♥主义运动 后被爱尔兰驱逐出境
1909年拿到美国公民身份 1932年回到爱尔兰
吉米的舞厅曾经和巴黎的"花神咖啡厅"一样 是彼时爱尔兰文化名流
社会精英的聚集地
吉米的舞厅是一个高度浓缩化的政♥治♥符号♥
也是爱尔兰社会的一个时代缩影和代表人物
上述内容是由于部分观众观影后提出 影片需要对背景有一定了解才设立的
若想要了解很多的内容可以上网搜索吉米·高尔顿的信息
吉米的舞厅
该片根据爱尔兰共♥产♥党领袖吉米·高尔顿生平创作
和他在爱尔兰埃佛雷纳开办的一家舞厅
我说今晚房♥子里会有一群人来看你 吉米你说对不对
I say there'll be a crowd at the house tonight for you, Jimmy, huh?
莫西 他们什么时候让你离开的
When did they let you out, Mossie?
大概一个月之前吧 在新政♥府♥上台之后
Just a month ago, after the new government came in, like.
你服役了多长时间
How long did you serve?
三年
Three years.
对于安吉拉来说一定很艰难
Awful tough on Angela.
我们必须得送我们的大女儿凯特去她在苏格兰的伯母
We had to send our eldest one, Kate, off to her auntie in Scotland.
-她回来了没有 -还没 我先要找到一些工作
-Is she back yet? -Nah, I have to find some work first.
在1919年到1921年之间 爱兰人人♥民♥开始反抗大英帝国的统治
想为爱尔兰谋得独♥立♥
1922年 那些接受大英帝国条约的爱尔兰人
和那些反抗跳跃的爱尔兰人发生了一场内战
最终 那些亲条约的爱尔兰共和军在英国的帮助下 赢得内战
为整个爱尔兰大地带去深深的痛苦
十年后 新上任的政♥府♥承诺会提供一个更和平的未来
和以前的样子比是不是差了很多 吉米
Sorry old state now, Jimmy, huh?
我和汤米尽可能的去盯着屋顶 但是
Meself and Tommy keep an eye on the roof as best we can like, but...
有一些鬼在那里
Some ghosts in there, eh?
我还是漏掉了它
I still miss it.
继续迪克西
Go on, Dixie.
1932年 爱尔兰 利特里姆郡
继续迪克西 继续走
Go on, Dixie. Walk on.
现在好了
Well, now.
迪克西 现在停在这里
Whoa, Dixie. Stand there now.
站好
Stand.
妈
Mam!
詹姆斯
James!
-你回来了 -你还好吗
-You're back. -How are you?
太久了 太久了
Too long. Too long.
我知道 很遗憾我没能赶回来参加查理的葬礼
I know. Sorry I didn't make it back for Charlie's funeral.
我刚刚去了他的坟墓
Just been to the grave.
他是一个好儿子 这个农场失去他后简直一团糟
Oh, he was a good son, but this farm is a mess without him.
你个王八蛋
Ah, you bastard.
上帝保佑你 吉米
God bless you, Jimmy.
这个该死的流氓在哪里
Where's this bloody rogue?
我可以察觉到你回来了
I could smell you were back.
很高兴见到你 我不敢相信他们让你离开了
Great to see you. I can't believe they let you out.
你也该回来了 你是走迷路了吗
About bloody time. Did you get lost?
大家都想死你了吉米 很高兴你回来了
You were sorely missed, Jimmy. Great to have you back.
谢谢你 菲恩
Thank you, Finn.
-我猜你最近结婚了 -是的
-I believe you got married recently. -I did.
有一些非常绝望的女士在利特里姆郡
There's some fierce desperate women in Leitrim...
好吉米 吉米
Well, Jimmy. Jimmy.
你都环游世界20圈了吧
You must have been around the world twenty times by now.
感谢上帝你现在回来和你妈在一起了
Well, thanks be to God you're back here now with your mother
因为你要知道 你不在她很孤独
because, you know, it was lonely here for her.
非常非常孤独
Very, very lonely.
我好想你
I missed you so much.
我现在回来看你了 很高兴见到你们
Well, I'm home now to look after you. It's great to see you all.
很高兴见到你 吉米
Lovely to see you, Jimmy.
你有什么打算吗 吉米
What will you do with yourself, Jimmy?
我会重新和妈在一起住 我很想念这片土地
Well, I'll settle back down with Mam, and I've missed the land.
-我只想要一个安静的生活 -赌吗
-I want a quiet life now. -Oh, I'll take bets on that.
-一个安静的生活 -一言为定 赔率是一赔十
-Eh? A quiet life. -You're on! Ten to one.
我会从你身上赚到些钱的
I'll have some of your Yankee dollars off you, boy, huh?
我会等着你的
I'm gonna hold you to that.
乌娜 乌娜
Oonagh. Oonagh!
-给你孩子的 -谢谢
-For your children. -Oh, thank you.
这是给你的
For you.
好的
OK.
你看起来不错 乌娜
You look well, Oonagh.
你两鬓的边缘开始长白发
A bit grey around the edges.
还是像一只饿了的小灵狗
Still like a hungry whippet, though.
你为什么停止写作了吉米
Why did you stop writing, Jimmy?
你知道原因
You know why.
孩子们怎么样了
How are the children?
他们都很健康很活泼 感谢上帝
Healthy. Full of spirit, thank God.
芬坦怎么样
And Fintan?
一个很好的男人 爱家的父亲
A good, steady man. Loving father.
你呢
You?
还是和以前一样
Ah. Same as ever.
吉米 没有人会十年不变的
Nobody's the same after ten years, Jimmy.
我必须得回家了 谢谢这些东西
I have to get back. Thanks for these.
你好 吉米
Hey, Jimmy.
他很安静
He's very quiet.
给他一些时间
Ah, give him time.
他和走之前完全不是一个人了
He's not the same man that went away.
-他可以解决的 -他真的会么
-Ah, he'll settle. -Will he?
他可能会 可能会
He might. He might.
这里和纽约完全不一样 对吧吉米
Far cry from New York, eh, Jimmy?
你在百老汇可见不到这些
You don't get this down on Broadway.
好了 现在你又陷入了同一个
And here you are back down the same
利特里姆郡的泥塘 对吗
feckin' bog in Leitrim, huh?
-湿湿的脚 -还有湿的屁♥股♥
-Wet feet. -And a wet arse.
赞成 但是没有一个人可以对着我发号♥施令
Aye, but nobody yelling orders at ya.
这点是毋庸置疑的
Can't beat that.
好吧 流言传播得很快
Well, word... word travels fast.
重新见到你的儿子一定是一个极大的安慰
Must be a great relief to see your son again.
是的
It is.
-他还好吗 -他很好 神父
-Is he well? -He's very well, Father.
谢谢
Thank you.
往事如烟 时光如流水
A lot of water under the bridge.
但是你要知道生活在纽约可不容易
But, you know, New York is a tough place.
城市生活和乡村生活是相距甚远的
It'll be quite a shock from city life to our humble country ways.
你觉得他成熟了吗
Do you think he's matured?
我们都会改变的 神父 你不同意吗
Well, we all change, Father. Wouldn't you agree?
上帝愿我们都往好的方向发展
Well, God willing, we all change for the better.
你觉不觉得 额 你觉不觉得他会留下来吗
Do you think he'll, er... do you think he'll stay?
这是他土生土长的地方 神父
He was born in this house, Father.
这是他自己的决定 我会让他自己处理的
The decision will be his. I will leave that up to him.
爱丽丝你要知道 我们在这个国家都经历了很多
You know, we've suffered great violence in this country, Alice.
是的
Yeah.
兄弟反♥目♥成仇 邻居互相背叛
Brother against brother, and neighbour against neighbour.
这个伤口是在心上的 他们用了很长时间才得以治愈
Scars on the heart, they take a long time to heal.
但我感觉到了改变的氛围
But I... I sense a new atmosphere, you know, of... of change.
那就是原谅
Of forgiveness.
你同意我吗
Would you agree?
我会同意的 神父 但这之间肯定有彼此之间的尊重
Oh, I would agree, Father, but there must be mutual respect.
让我们祈祷这一切都不会回到从前的模样吧
Well, let's pray there'll be no slipping back to the old ways.
还有顺便告诉你儿子
Oh, by the way, tell your son
如果乡村的宁静生活
if the quietness of the country gets too much
对于一个活跃的男人来说不适应的话
for a man of action,
我在伦敦有认识的人
I have some excellent contacts in London
可以给他找一份很好的工作
who could find him a very good job,
这也会给他妈妈
which, of course,
也就是你一份极大的安慰
would be a great relief to a mother in these hard times.
如果不是因为这些好茶 谁知道你现在会是啥样的
Where would you be now without a nice cup of tea, huh?
那我会完全的迷失 神父
Absolutely lost, Father.
-来啊来来啊来 -来伙计
-Come on. Come on. -Come on, boy.
抱歉打扰了你们
Sorry to stop your fun.
你是不是那个
Are you who I think you are?
你是不是那个吉...吉米·高尔顿
Are you, J... Jimmy Gralton?
那你是
And who wants to know?