同样的 你需要花3部教父电影的时间
Equally, you would have to watch the three Godfather films
再加上每部电影间隙休息的一个小时
with an hour's break between each one
才能知道美国人约翰·伊斯内尔和法国人尼古拉斯·马胡特
before you knew the winner of the match at Wimbledon
那场温布尔顿的比赛最后的赢家是谁
between the American John lsner and the Frenchman Nicolas Mahut.
所以为什么赛尔日·达内 这位电影手册的主编
So why did Serge Daney, the editor-in-chief of Cahiers du cinema,
在80年代同意为自♥由♥报
agree in the '80s to write an article about tennis
撰写了关于网球的文章
in the newspaper Liberation ?
网球和电影之间有什么共同的特性
What common denominator between tennis and cinema
能让达内才思泉涌
would be able to get Daney's juices flowing?
时间的长度
The length of time.
展开解释一下
Explanations.
“电影对我来说
"Cinema for me
并不是对活动的影像感到惊异
isn't at all about being amazed in front of a moving image.
而更多的是听到的声音 感受到的时间
It's more about the sounds you hear, the sense of time,
是与时间和命运的竞赛
the race against time and fate.
是讲述关于倒计时的故事
It's about telling stories about countdowns.
以及一个潜在的问题
There's also the underlying question :
在片尾演职员表出现之前 还剩下多少时间
How much time is left before the end credits?
换句话来说 还有没有可能
In other words, what possibilities are there
创造一点点额外的时间
to create an extra bit of time?
就是这个
That's it.
在我看来 一部电影之所以伟大
In my opinion, the thing that makes a great film
是因为它创造了时间
is the invention of time."
麦肯罗不是一个导演
McEnroe is not a filmmaker,
但在他的领域 他非常擅长创造时间
but he excels in the area of inventing time.
这得益于他在球场上的敏捷度
Thanks to his dexterity on the tennis court,
他能摆布对手 他的攻击力
it is he who dictates and who, as the attacking force,
也赋予了他权利去喊 "卡"
allows himself the right to say, "Cut!"
他来到网前 缩短了这个回合的时间
by coming to the net and shortening the rally.
麦肯罗是终结多拍回合的大♥师♥
McEnroe was a master of concluding rallies,
但他也喜欢决定这个回合什么时候开始
but he also loved being able to decide how they begin.
当其他人想要掌控比赛时 他会觉得很不舒服
He found it difficult when someone else wanted to take charge of exchanges,
他会毫不犹豫地要求技术员听从他的指令
and he doesn't hesitate to ask the technicians under his orders
这场比赛的拍摄也因此被打断了
for what reasons the film of the match has been interrupted.
那是发球 不是得分
It was a serve. There was no point.
不对 如果那是发球 就不应该得分
No. So if there's a serve, there's no point.
因为如果你看到球出界了 就没有得分
Because if you saw the ball out, there's no point.
好吧 那就是出界了
Okay, then it was out.
发球出界了
The serve was out.
不对 你说你看到发球出界了
No, you said you saw the serve out.
那就不应该算得分
There's no point then.
这个发球
This serve.
为什么没有人喊出界
Why didn't anyone call it?
为什么没有人喊出界
Why didn't anyone call it?
好吧 那就是二发 对吧
Okay, then it's a second serve, right?
怎么了 有什么问题吗
What? What-What's the problem?
是二发 如果球出界了 发球就出界了
It's a second serve. If the ball was out, the serve was out.
我不懂
I don't understand.
你能让裁判员出去吗
Can you bring the referee out, please?
哦 所以你现在又看见球在界内了
Oh, now you saw the ball in?
你能给我看看球印吗
Can you show me the mark, please?
为什么不呢 - 加油 约翰
Why not? -Come on, Johnny!
你能给我看看球印吗 我就想看看球印
Can he show me the mark? That's all I want to see.
我就想看看球印 我就这个要求
I just want to see the mark. That's all I'm asking.
我想让他给我看看球印 - 麦肯罗先生 别闹了
But I'd like him to show me the mark. - Mr. McEnroe, please.
你不能给我看球印吗 为什么
Can't you show me the mark? Why not?
为什么你不能让我看看球印
Why can't you show me the mark?
为什么不能让我看看球印
Why can't you show me the mark?
为什么不能让我看看球印
Why can't you show me the mark?
你能回答我的问题吗 为什么不能让我看看球印
Can you answer me the question? Why can't you show me the mark?
但我唯一的要求就是看看球印
But all I'm asking is to see the mark.
所有人都就位了吗
Everybody in place?
15平
15 all.
开机
Rolling...
开拍
Action.
发球失误
Fault.
30比15
30-15.
请保持安静
Quiet, please.
请安静
Please. Shh.
发球失误
Fault.
当你在拍摄纪录片
When you're making a documentary
当你的摄影机面对着真实场景的时候
and your camera confronts real situations,
你会面临两种可能性
two possibilities come before you.
第一种 你试图让人们相信
In the first, you try to make people believe
你在拍摄的这个人和他的行为与他在真实生活中一样
that the people you are filming are acting exactly as they would in real life,
摄影机的存在并没有产生任何影响
and that the presence of the camera isn't changing anything.
第二种 你接受这个事实:
In the second, you accept the fact
摄影机的存在确实会对事物本身产生影响
that the presence of your camera alters how things really are...
发球失误
Fault.
而你纪录片的主人公
...and that the subject of your documentary
便要经历这种影响
goes through this change of reality.
那些举着摄影机的人 好吗
The people with the cameras. Okay?
在我们重新上场之前 有没有人能做点什么
Have someone do something before we play again.
摄影师们会离开
The photographers will kindly leave.
谢谢
Thank you.
这里 这里
Over here, over here.
到处都是
Everywhere.
他们不停地回来
They keep coming back.
他们不停地回来
They keep coming back.
时间到
Time.
第二盘 5比5
Five games all, second set.
出来 你这个混♥蛋♥
Come on, you jerk piece of crap.
你给我出来
You come out here--
第二盘 5比5
Five games all, second set.
出来 你这个混♥蛋♥
Come on, you jerk piece of crap.
你给我出来
You come out here--
我以前以为在那个洞里能休息一会儿
I used to think, I'll have a rest in the pit,
但其实你在那里根本没法休息
but you don't get any rest there.
在那个洞里
In that hole,
你要小心球
you're careful about the balls,
你会感到有点害怕
you're a little bit afraid.
发球失误
Fault.
当我们用16mm胶片拍摄的时候
When we were shooting in 16-mm,
我们会在那里更换暗袋里的胶片盒
it was a place where we could change our cassettes peacefully
在阴凉黑暗的环境里
in the changing bag, in the cool darkness.
比在外面保险一些
It was less risky than outside.
阿莱SR[摄影机型号♥]会产生很大的噪音
The Arri SR made a lot of noise...
在那个洞里 那个坑里
in that hole, that pit.
还会有回音 我觉得有点不好意思
It was resonant, I felt a bit ashamed.
你好 喂?
Hello? Yes?
那并不简单 事实上你要把你自己暴露出来
It wasn't that easy, actually you had to impose yourself.
但对我来说确实有点困难
But I did have a bit of difficulty
因为有时候其他摄影师会发现
because sometimes the photographers could see
我根本就不是来拍照的
that I had nothing to do with photography.
我以前会在比赛开始之前提前做准备
I used to get ahead of things before the matches.
把设备装好
I set the equipment up,
把插头插好 没有任何问题
I plugged it in and well, there were no problems.
我不知道为什么 但尤其是麦克风的防风罩
I don't know why, but it was especially the microphone's windscreen
可能是吸引了他的注意力
which, I suppose, must have intrigued him.
常常有球员会...
There were often players who would go after...
不只是他
Not just him.
有好几个球员会注意到
There were several players that went after the crowd.
他们觉得这是会让人紧张的东西
It was a nervous thing with them,
那时候 这个防风罩就吸引了他的注意
and that time it happened that the windscreen intrigued him.
他要求裁判 我就在裁判身后
He asked the umpire, who was just in front of me...
禁止录音
to put an end to the recording.
他回答说这是不可能的
He replied that it was out of the question,
我并没有干扰比赛
I wasn't intruding on court,
所以不存在让他禁止录音的问题
and so there was no problem that could make him forbid it.
他又回来看了两三次
And then he came back to it two or three times,
电影精选列表