大家都清楚记得自己那天在哪
Everyone remembers where they were that day.
事情发生的那天
The day of The Event.
好了 我们回到小狗的主题
All right, so we're gonna go back to the start.
我们该怎么称呼"超级狗"
What should we name him? What should we name Super Dog?
你们觉得呢 道格
What do you think? Doug.
道格 当然
Doug? Sure.
我看看 我来找找它的照片
Let's see. I'll find his picture.
好的
Um... all right.
我想问谁家有养宠物
What I want to ask you guys today is, who has pets at home?
我家有养罗威纳 你有养罗威纳 真的假的
A Rottweiler. You have a Rottweiler? What?
没事的
It's okay. It's okay.
看着我 罗妮 看着我
Look at me. Ronnie, look at me!
没事的
It's okay.
(十年后)
《千次伤我心》
早安 宝贝 早安
Morning, babe. Morning.
谢谢 妈
Thanks, Mom.
揭发者行动的种种理论并无根据
There is no basis to the theories of the socalled Truther Movement.
独♥立♥调查已证实国会联席会议的发现
The Joint Congressional Committee's findings were confirmed by independent investigations.
我们无法证实新残魂的真实性
Reports of new remnants cannot be verified.
珍妮和我聊到
So Janine and I were talking,
她说她昨天在公车上看到一个新的
and she said that she saw a new one on the bus yesterday.
我们非得每天早上都谈论这些东西吗
Do we have to talk about these things every morning, babe?
"这些东西"
These things?
这没什么好生气的
It's nothing to get upset about, sweetheart.
我没有生气 你总是喜欢说那种话
I'm not getting upset. It's just that you always say stuff like that,
好像他根本
and you're pretending like he's not even...
不存在似的
even there.
我要去上课了 谢谢你做早餐给我吃
I'm gonna go to school. Thanks for breakfast.
这就是我的生活
That's my life.
那次事件发生后 大家就是过着这种生活
That's all our lives since it happened.
那次事件夺走我们的至亲
The Event took people we cared about,
却也留下了他们的一部分
but it also left a part of them behind.
残魂
Remnants.
我们都看得见它们
We all see them.
每一天
Every day.
在任何地方
Everywhere.
感觉就像闯进鬼屋一样
It's like walking through a haunted house...
不同的是这整个世界都是鬼屋
but it's the whole world that's haunted.
伊利诺州的宝石城
Jewel City, Illinois.
我们距离爆♥炸♥点只有50英里
We were only 50 miles from ground zero.
政♥府♥的实验室发生了熔毁
A government lab had some kind of meltdown.
(即时新闻)
初步报告指出
Preliminary reports tonight
阿什本研究室遭受毁灭性破坏发生爆♥炸♥
indicating an explosion at Ashburn Labs in Chicago.
起因是一个研究计划中的巨型对撞机所造成
The source of the blast was a large particle collider,
此研究由知名物理学家马丁·斯坦纳博士主持
part of an advanced energy research program headed by noted physicist Dr. Martin Steiner.
爆♥炸♥的能量波虽然没有让建筑物倒塌
The energy wave left buildings standing,
但受到波及的人们
but the people in its path...
就没如此幸运了
weren't so lucky.
我们唯一确定的是一切再也无法恢复原貌
All anyone knows for sure is that we can never go back,
无法回到没有设立禁区之前的世界
back to a world before the no-go zone.
政♥府♥宣布芝加哥城内的禁区
...declaring the city of Chicago a no-go zone.
无法回到无需避难室的时光
To a world before every house had a panic room.
无法回到那些刻意忽略你的人
To a world where the kids who pretended you didn't exist...
都还活着的时光
actually did exist.
无法回到这一切发生前
To a world before all this.
无法回到 鬼
To a world before... Ghosts.
食尸鬼 幽灵 残余的魂魄
Ghouls. Specters. Spectral remnants.
孩子们称为残魂
"Rems," as the kids say.
还有什么说法 游魂
What else do you got? Spooks?
游魂 非常好 没错 就是游魂 吓死我了
Spooks. Love it. Yeah, spooks. Scares me.
他好帅
He's so hot.
(那次事件)
回到正题 特兰托洛先生
All right, let's get to work. Uh, Mr. Trantolo.
换了帅气发型似乎让你有点紧张
Looking a little nervous under that handsome head of hair,
但这样不太正常 因为我知道你有预习
which is odd because I know you did the reading.
残魂的三个法则是什么
What are the three laws of spectral remnants?
你一定知道正确答案 帅哥 废物
Make me proud, James Dean. Loser!
法则一 它们没有知觉
Law one, they aren't sentient.
它们不能自觉思考
They're not conscious-thinking beings.
它们是过去的投射 就像全息影像
They're projections of the past. Like holograms.
非常好 法则二呢 麦克努提小姐
Very good. Law two. Miss McNulty?
它们无法改变它们的意像
Um, they can't alter their imagery.
完全正确 残魂只要出现
Exactly. Once remnants appear,
都会在相同时间做同样的事
they do the same thing for the same time every time
就像电影重播一样
like a film reel being replayed.
我们把它称作"循环"
These are loops.
一次循环可能历时五秒 也可能五分钟
Might be a five-second loop, maybe five minutes.
但内容不会改变 只会不停重复
But they never vary and they always repeat.
最后 来说最后一条 考尔德小姐 请解释法则三
So now, for the big finish, law three, Miss Calder.
上课请专心
Um, if we could have a minute of your attention.
法则三
Law three.
它们不能影响我们的自然世界
Um, they can't affect our natural world.
非常好 维罗妮卡·考尔德
Very good, Veronica Calder.
残魂现象有很多样貌
Remnant phenomenon may be very diverse.
它们可能会呈现过去的生活或死亡的瞬间
They might be playing out moments of their life, even their own death,
但无论何者 残魂都不会思考 无法改变形体 也摸不到
but no matter what, they can't think, they can't change, they can't touch.
为什么那些鬼 那些残魂
So why is it that the ghosts... rems...
不限于那次事件中死亡的人
aren't just the people who died in The Event?
这其中还有很多逻辑我们不了解
Well, there's a lot we still don't understand.
最合理的猜测 是它们会回到生前投入最多感情的地方
Our best guess is that they are drawn to locations of emotional significance.
已有证据显示它们一直都围绕着我们
There's evidence that rems have always been around us.
广岛 长崎 切尔诺贝利
Hiroshima. Nagasaki. Chernobyl.
这些事件已年代久远
In each of these events, though, enough time goes by
当时的残魂也所剩不多
and there are few remnants to be found,
所以随着那次事件远离我们
so the consensus is that's what will eventually happen here
我们也会经历一样的过程
as we get further from The Event.
看来有人不相信
I see the face of a skeptic.
考尔德小姐 请说
Miss Calder, speak.
如果你说的是真的
Well, it's just-I mean, if that's true,
为何残魂的数量却感觉越来越多
then why does it seem like there are more of them?
你有证据能支持你的说法吗
What evidence do you have to support this theory?
那她该怎么说
What about her?
姐妹 距离你的生日还有一星期
Okay, girl, so your birthday is in like a week.
我在想干脆大玩一场 办场派对
So I was thinking, get a little crazy, have a little bit of a party...
考尔德 借一步说话
Lady Calder. A word.
分数只有平均水准
A "C."
不像你会有的表现
That's not really your look.
我预期的是更惊悚深入的元素 还有一份完美的报告
I've come to expect hoodies, scowls, and A s.
告诉我 怎么回事
Talk to me. What's the deal?
这是你女儿吗
Is this your daughter?
没错 她是我的天使 感觉好像昨天刚拍的
Yeah. She's my angel. That's, like-feels like two seconds ago.
但她现在跟你一样大了 等等
She's your age now. Wait a minute.
天啊
Oh, my God. Wait.
你故意转移话题引我分心
You were sucking up to me to try to distract me, weren't you?
我没有 这明明是我的招
I was not. That's my move.
被你偷走了 自己去想新招
You stole that move from me. Get your own move.
不过罗妮 还是劝你专心点
But Ronnie, until then, focus.
你很有潜力 但你也必须和我互相配合
I know what kind of potential you have. I just need you to work with me.
我知道了 拿去吧
Okay. Here goes.
先祝你生日快乐 谢谢
Early birthday present. Thank you.
罗妮 还有一件事
Oh, and Ronnie, one more thing.
如果你需要找人谈谈 随时可以找你
If you need to talk to anybody... Your door is always open?
不 我是要说先去找其他老师
No, actually I was gonna say try another teacher first,
不过 当然 你还是可以找我
but, uh, yeah, sure, let's go with that.
明天见 比特纳老师
See you tomorrow, Mr. Bittner.
虽然我没跟她说她很胖 但她真的就是胖
So I didn't tell her she looked fat, but she most definitely looked fat.
她难道不知道
I mean, some people just don't understand
短上衣跟低腰裤不搭吗
that you can't wear a crop top with low-rise jeans.
你跟灵异男怎么了吗
What's up with you and Ghost Boy?
灵异男
Ghost Boy?