我是罗津娜·阿里医生
I'm Dr Rozina Ali,
英国国民医疗体系里的一位
and I'm a consultant plastic surgeon
整形外科医生
in the NHS.
我每天都和皮肤打交道
I work with skin every single day.
能给我一个大湿棉球吗
Can I have a big damp swab, please?
但我最感兴趣的是
But what fascinates me
皮肤为何会衰老
is how it ages
以及如何防止其衰老
and what we can do about it.
快点去吧
Come on. Come on.
感觉太别扭了
This isn't natural.
倒过来 另一边
Other way. Other way.
所以我离开手术室
So I left the operating theatre behind
来到皮肤科学的前沿
for the frontiers of skin science.
这可不是
This is not...
我想要面对的
what I'd envisaged.
在旅途中 我发现了一种
Along the way, I discovered a diet...
也许能让我们看起来更年轻的食谱
that could potentially help us all look younger...
你觉得你看起来几岁
How old do you think you look?
你觉得大家会...
What do you think people would...?
请问纸巾盒在哪儿
Where's the box of tissues, please?
我们可能会使夏天变得不一样
That we may be on the verge of changing summers for ever...
眼角膜取下来了
So that's the cornea coming off.
只需用点乌贼眼睛里的物质
...with the contents of a squid's eye.
喷出来了
Ooh, there we go.
我们都爱吃的东西
And that something we all love to eat...
使对皮肤衰老的研究起了革命性变化
is revolutionizing the science of how our skin ages.
地平线
驻颜奥秘
皮肤 实际上是一种器官
Skin, believe it or not, is an organ,
就像是心脏 肺或者肝脏一样
just like the heart, lungs or liver.
但皮肤的特别之处
But what makes it so special
是与其他器官不同
is that, unlike most other organs,
你可以看到它
you can see it...
见证它一生的光辉历程
in all of its remarkable glory.
皮肤是人体最大的器官
It's the largest organ in the body.
罗津娜·阿里医生
实际上 摊开之后它有这么大
In fact, laid out flat, it's as big as this.
大概有2平方米
And that is somewhere around 20 square feet.
它不光面♥积♥大
But it's not just big,
也是我们最先长出的器官
it's the very first organ we developed.
事实上 有没有皮肤正是简单的细胞集♥合♥体
In fact, skin is the difference between a collection of cells
和多细胞生物个体的区别
and an individual organism.
皮肤是我们的特征
Our skin defines us.
它是我做诊断时所观察的首个依据
It's the first thing I look at when making a diagnosis.
可是为什么有些人看起来比实际年龄老
But why do some people look older than they are...
有些则显得年轻
...and others younger?
年轻肌肤背后的科学奥秘是什么
So what's the scientific truth about youthful-looking skin?
是时候说明一下我的研究兴趣了
Time for me to declare my personal interest.
我现在四十四岁
I'm 44 years old
没做过任何整形手术
and I've not had any plastic surgery.
我可能跟你有点像
I'm probably a bit like you.
还足够年轻 会注重保养
I'm young enough to care,
但也过了非常在意的年纪
old enough to know better.
对我来说 必须得是科学事实
So for me, it's going to be all about the scientific facts,
要有证据
the evidence.
如果证据看起来有理 可信
If it stacks up, if it's credible,
那或许 或许我会相信
then maybe...maybe I'll believe it.
在生命中的每一天
Every day of our lives,
我们的皮肤都在和周围的世界
our skin is engaged in a relentless war
进行着残酷的战争
with the world around us.
首战就是与太阳光的无形力量对抗
The first battle is against the unseen power of the sun's rays.
想知道为何阳光会让人显老
Working out how the sun helps to make you look older...
就需研究它对胶原蛋白的影响
means investigating the effect it has on your collagen.
胶原蛋白
这就是让肌肤年轻饱满的物质
This is what gives young skin its youthful plumpness.
当它萎缩时 皮肤就会下陷并出现皱纹
When it deflates, the skin wrinkles and sags.
出人意料的是 探索如何让人们
Surprisingly, scientists trying to understand
青春长驻的科学家
how you can look younger for longer
正在研究卡车司机
have been studying lorry drivers.
在这儿左转 司机
Turn left here, driver.
认识一下罗伯和艾伦
Meet Rob and Alan.
把他们在英国和欧洲的驾龄加起来
Between them, they've been driving around Britain and Europe
已超过五十年了
for over 50 years.
你好 你能绕到另一边上车吗
Hi. Would you like to come round the other side and get in?
谢谢
Thank you.
我好像穿得不太合适
Just as well I'm sensibly dressed.
鞋很好 司机都这么穿
Perfect shoes. Driver wears those as well.
好了
All right.
他们脸上有些线索
And there's something about their faces
能让我们了解阳光中隐藏的力量
that provide clues about the hidden power of the sun.
罗伯 像你这么帅气的人
So, Rob, good-looking guy like you...
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
跟我说说你的护肤方法
Tell me about your skincare regime.
你都用什么
What do you use?
除了用水和肥皂洗脸
Apart from washing my face with soap and water,
我什么都不用
I don't use any.
-不是吧 -完全不用
- Oh, right! - None at all.
-润肤霜 -不用
- Moisturiser? - No.
我觉得如果我突然开始用护肤品
I've got a feeling my wife would start getting a bit suspicious
我妻子会开始怀疑我
if I started using moisturiser all of a sudden.
她有理由怀疑你吗
Does she have reason to be suspicious?
当然没有 她知道的
Absolutely not, and she knows that.
你有皮肤问题吗
So have you had any problems with your skin?
有被晒伤过吗
Ever get sunburnt?
在车里没有问题
Not in the cab, no.
我在国外度假之类的时候
I mean I do use sun protection when I'm on holiday,
会用防晒霜 但工作时不会用
if we're abroad or whatever, but for work, no. Never.
为什么你开车的时候不用
Why don't you bother with sun protection
防晒霜或其他护肤品呢
or any skincare when you're driving?
因为我总是坐在车里
Well, 'cause you're always in the truck.
一直在车里
You're always in the truck.
我确实会时不时地上下车
I mean, yeah, you get out every now and then,
但每次都只是为了
but you're only going to be going
去办公室或者到卡车后箱
from the cab over to an office or into the back of the trailer
帮忙卸货之类的
to help unload or something like that.
所以从不会长时间暴露在阳光下
So you're never actually in the sun for very long.
罗伯在车里从不会被晒伤
Rob never gets burned in his cab,
是因为他大部分时间都坐在玻璃后面
and that's because the glass he sits behind for most of the day
而玻璃过滤掉了会晒伤人的光线
filters out the rays that cause sunburn.
表皮
真皮
这类阳光射线被称为UVB[短波紫外线]
This bit of the sun's spectrum is called UVB.
这些辐射的波长非常短
These rays have a very short wavelength
所以只会灼伤皮肤表层
and so only burn the top layer of our skin.
它们无法深入皮下
They can't penetrate any deeper,
也无法穿透车窗玻璃
and they can't get through window glass either.
我不想太刻薄
Now, I don't want to seem unkind,
但罗伯的皮肤看起来并不那么年轻
but Rob's skin doesn't look particularly youthful.
这是什么原因呢
So what's going on?
为了回答这个问题
To answer that question,
我安排罗伯和艾伦做一次皮肤检查
I've arranged for Rob and Alanto have a skin check.
检查将在这儿进行
That's taking place here,
引领全球的曼彻斯特大学皮肤专科中心
at Manchester University's world-leading Dermatology Centre.
让我们看看我们准备了什么
So let's see what we've got to set up.
指导测试的是英国顶尖的皮肤科学家之一
Conducting the test is one of Britain's leading skin scientists,
克里斯·格里菲斯教授
Professor Chris Griffiths.
他会用一部非常特殊的相机
He's taking Rob and Alan's picture
拍下罗伯和艾伦的照片
with this very special camera.
以便揭示一些关于阳光如何导致
And he's been using it to uncover some of the secrets
皮肤衰老的奥秘
of how the sun ages our skin.
非常好
OK, that's very good.
谁想先来
So, who wants to go first?
丑人优先吧 可以吗
Let's get the ugly out of the way, shall we?
电影精选列表