我们是医生 是兄弟 是双胞胎
We're doctors, brothers, and twins,
而且都是吃货
and we both love to eat,
但哪个对人体更不利呢 脂肪还是糖
but which is worse for us - fat or sugar?
脂肪 糖
这是当下营养学最热门的问题
It's the hottest question in nutrition right now,
而糖已被列为头号♥公敌
with sugar in particular being targeted as public enemy no 1.
糖就是让你出现健康问题的罪魁祸首
Sugar is the thing that's making you specifically sick.
我们将要探究 摄入过多的糖或脂肪
We're going to find out if too much sugar or too much fat
真好吃
That's very good.
是否会让你得病或增重
can make you sick or pile on the pounds.
你身上四分之一都是脂肪
You're a quarter fat!
我们中的一个将接受极端的高脂饮食
One of us is going on an extreme high fat diet.
这是老虎 基本上我吃什么它就吃什么
This is Tiger. Tiger is basically on my diet.
而另一个将接受极端的高糖饮食
The other, on an extreme high sugar one.
这些食物中都不含脂肪对吗
None of these foods have any fat, do they?
这是高碳水化合物高糖饮食
It's a high-carb, sugary diet.
在为期一个月的实验中
During these month-long diets,
我们将进行测试 观察大脑
we'll be testing how our minds...
这股票我买♥♥了很多
I bought loads of them!
和身体会如何应对单一的高脂或高糖饮食
..and our bodies cope with just eating fat or sugar.
我觉得我脱水了
I feel like I'm out of juice.
而研究结果令人十分意外和不安
And what we discover is really surprising and really unsettling.
这完全颠覆了我对自己身体的认知
It overturns my entire way of how I think about my body.
我并不健康
I'm not well!
但在与这位科学家和吃奶酪蛋糕的大鼠碰面后
But after meeting this scientist and some cheesecake-eating rats,
最新的科学研究改变了
we found that the latest scientific research changed
我们过去对脂肪和糖类的认知
what we thought we knew about fat and sugar.
与我所预期的结果完全相反
Total opposite of I think what we would expect,
也与大多数医生
what most doctors would expect,
以及大部分路人的预想大相径庭
what most people in the street would expect.
很可能也会让你大吃一惊
And it has the potential to do the same for you.
地平线 糖与脂肪大挑战
我叫克里斯·凡·塔拉肯
I'm Dr Chris van Tulleken,
是一名感染性疾病专科医生
and I'm a specialist in infectious disease.
在英国
Here in Britain,
脂肪通常被看作主要问题
fat's traditionally been seen as the major problem.
在我学医时 脂肪被明确列为头号♥公敌
When I trained as a doctor it was clear that fat was the enemy
克里斯·凡·塔拉肯医生
因为脂肪会使胆固醇升高
because it raises your cholesterol
会造成动脉堵塞
and it blocks up your arteries,
从而引发中风和心肌梗死
causing strokes and heart attacks.
而在美国 受到攻击的却是糖
Over in America, it's sugar that's under attack.
我是桑德·凡·塔拉肯医生
I'm Dr Xand van Tulleken
我的专业是热带医学
and my speciality is in tropical medicine.
在美国 糖不仅被视为不健康的
Now, in the States, sugar isn't just regarded as unhealthy -
桑德·凡·塔拉肯医生
有人甚至声称其有毒性
some people are even calling it toxic.
那么 究竟谁对呢
So, who's right?
这个问题让身为医生的我们很着迷
It's a question that's fascinated us as doctors,
并且一生下来
and by a quirk of birth,
我们来研究此事就更有优势
we have a head start in getting to grips with it.
我和克里斯是同卵双胞胎
Chris and I are identical twins,
这意味着我们有相同的基因
which means we're genetically the same,
因此我们的条件非常适合
so we're in a really nice position
进行这项对比实验
to do an experiment on each other.
我居住在纽约 经常在媒体上看到
Now, I live in New York so I get constant messages in the media
关于脂肪多么有利而糖多么不好的信息
about how fat is good for you and sugar is really the enemy,
因此我准备进行高脂低糖饮食
so I'm going to go on a high fat, low sugar diet.
虽然在英国也有这样的信息
And although in Britain we do get this message,
但没那么普遍
it's not as pervasive,
我确信 如果进行低脂高糖饮食
and I'm convinced if I go on a low fat, high sugar diet,
我就能保持健康
I will stay healthy.
究竟谁对呢
So who's right?
是认为糖类有毒性的美国人
The Americans who think that sugar is really toxic?
还是认为脂肪会致命的英国人
Or the British, who think that fat is the deadly ingredient?
我们将利用科学研究中所运用的方法
We're going on extreme diets based on the sort of techniques used
进行极端性饮食
in scientific research,
虽然我们的样本量只有两个 不够科学
although we are a rather unscientific sample of just two.
我们想知道这样的饮食如何影响体重
We want to know what they do to your weight
并且如何造成生活方式病
and how they affect lifestyle diseases
比如心脏问题和糖尿病
like heart problems and diabetes.
营养学家阿曼达·厄塞尔正忙着准备
Nutritionist Amanda Ursell is on hand to make sure
我们摄入恰当且可食用的食物
we get it right, and that it's edible.
我们先从克里斯开始
If we kick off with Chris.
-克里斯 你进行高糖饮食 -我看到了
- Chris, you are on the high sugar diet. Yeah. - I can see that.
人们通常认为糖是这样的
People tend to think of sugar as this,
像是这碗里的白色物质
the white stuff in the bowl,
但事实上 所有这些食物
but actually all of this food
最终都会在体内被分解为血糖
ultimately gets broken down into blood sugar.
因此你可以吃面包 百吉饼 意大利面
So, you are allowed bread and bagels, pasta,
米饭 土豆 任何形式的早餐谷物
rice, potatoes, any description of breakfast cereals.
-这是什么 -那是汽水
- And what's this? - That's, er, a fizzy drink.
还可以吃水果和蔬菜
And you can have some fruit and veg.
水果和蔬菜可以无限♥量♥吃
Well, you can have unlimited fruit and veg.
它们都含糖 但这些
And they've all got sugar and none of these...
这些食物中全都不含脂肪对吗
these foods have any fat, do they?
它们的含脂量很低
It's designed to be very low fat
这是高碳水化合物高糖饮食
and it's a high carb sugary diet,
这就是你下个月的伙食了
and that's what you can live on for the next month.
桑德 这是你的食物
For Xand, this is your bit here.
一般来讲 你可以吃奶酪 肉
Basically, you can have cheese, you can have meat,
你可以吃牛排 汉堡
you can have steak, you can have burgers,
这是带皮鸡肉
it's chicken with the skin on,
你可以在咖啡里加双倍奶油
you can have double cream in your coffee,
-可以吃蛋黄酱 -这是你喜欢的
- you can have mayonnaise... - The kind of thing you would do.
但你不可以吃水果
But you're not allowed any fruit,
也完全不能吃蔬菜
and you're not allowed very much of this veggie stuff at all.
意思是我会一个月都拉不出大便是吗
My problem is that I'm not going to have a poo for a month, am I?
是会出现一些不好的情况
Well, there are disadvantages.
首先 你女朋友会不想亲你
Firstly, your girlfriend doesn't want to kiss you
因为你会有口臭
because you have bad breath.
便秘 没错 你说对了
Constipation, yes, you're right.
我几乎无法从这些食物中摄取纤维素是吗
I'm getting almost no fibre in any of this, am I?
纤维素非常有限
Very limited fibre.
到最后几天我肯定会很渴望
I think I'm going to be craving a bowl of fresh greens
来一碗新鲜蔬菜的
by the end of a few days.
肯定是的
I'm sure you are.
你觉得怎么样 桑德
What do you think, Xand?
我觉得你的待遇比我好
I mean, I feel like you got the better deal.
很难说 我会有口臭
It's difficult cos I'm going to have bad breath
还会便秘
and I'm not going to poo.
不过我早餐能吃培根和鸡蛋
But I get to have bacon and eggs for breakfast.
想确认一下 我们两个都能无限♥量♥地吃
Just to be absolutely clear, we can both eat as much as we want
自己这边桌子上的东西吗
of the things on our bit of the table?
对 我们希望你们如此
Yeah. That's what we want you to do.
要坚持把这些日常记录下来很难
These diaries are going to be quite hard to stick to,
所以我们准备拍摄下来
so we're going to film them.
我们会用手♥机♥做视频日记
We're going to make video diaries using our phones.
那么至少在拍摄期间
So at least for the duration of the video diaries,
桑德不能把碳水化合物塞进嘴里
Xand won't be able to be shovelling carbohydrate into his mouth.
桑德·凡·塔拉肯医生 高脂饮食
刚醒过来
Just woken up,
我现在只想吃一大堆煎饼
and what I feel like is a massive stack of pancakes,
配上枫糖浆
with maple syrup.
关键是 如果我必须每天对着手♥机♥
The point is, if I have to tell into my phone every day
记录我的体验 我便没法说谎
what the experience is, I can't lie.
至少不能说太多谎
Or I can't lie that much.
-让我们保持诚实 -就是这个目的
- Keeps us honest. - Yeah. That's the plan.
我们现在要进行的是
What we're going to do now
抽样检查你们身体的耗氧量
is sample how much oxygen your body consumes.
虽说食物是人体的能量来源
Food is, of course, the fuel that powers our bodies.
你们的代谢率相似
Well, you have similar metabolism rates.
但也要经过复杂的代谢过程
电影精选列表