本节目的部分场景
This programme contains some scenes
可能会使一些观众感到沮丧
which some viewers may find upsetting
影片包含过激言辞
and some strong language.
在英国 四分之三的自杀者为男性
对于自杀 人们的评价是"自私"
The word that you hear is "Selfish."
在过去会常常听到这样的评价
that used to get bandied around quite a lot, like,
"选择自杀的人为什么那么自私
"Why would they be so selfish?
看看那些被他们丢下的人"
"Look at the people they're leaving behind."
自杀者真的认为 如果自己离开人世
They literally think that everybody else around them
身边的人会过得更好
will be far better off without them there.
全世界每四十秒就有一人自杀身亡
救生艇
脑中的声音说 "跳"
The voice in my head said, "Jump now!"
于是我跳了
And I did.
你的世界被彻底打乱
Your world is turned inside out.
带来了非常巨大的冲击
And the shock is extraordinary.
如果以前我知道的有现在的十分之一
Quite simply, if I knew 10% of what I now know,
我儿子很可能不会死
it's highly likely that my son would be alive.
我是山德·万·图里肯医生
I'm Dr Xand van Tulleken.
过去几年 我见过许多人在尝试自杀后
Over the years, I've seen lots of people coming through the doors
经抢救 在急诊室转危为安
of A&E after they've attempted to take their own lives.
但对我而言 英国有条数据
But for me, there's one UK statistic
格外令人担忧
that is particularly worrying.
残酷的事实表明
The hard fact is that
自杀是五十岁以下男性死亡的最大元凶
suicide kills more men under the age of 50 than anything else.
自杀致死的人数超过车祸 超过癌症
More than car accidents, more than cancer.
根据统计数据
According to the statistics,
最有可能杀死我的就是我自己
the most likely thing to kill me is me.
我想知道为什么会这样
And I want to know why.
地平线
阻止男性自杀
我们刚刚收到消息
Roger, we just received a CAD.
上面说"看起来他要跳河"
It said, "Looks like he may jump."
可能有情况
We might have a job.
巴特西
Battersea.
我要和伦敦托尔救生站的救生员一起出夜班
I'm joining the night shift at Tower Lifeboat Station in London
到英国对抗自杀的前线
to see what it's really like on front line
一探究竟
of the fight against suicide in this country.
往南走 等候进一步通知
Make your way down and just stand by for further information.
据说跳河的人已经被救上岸
Reports that the person is now out of the water.
幸运的是 这次自杀者在我们赶到时
Fortunately, in this case, the man is already receiving help
已经得到了救助
by the time we arrive.
当事人安然无恙 我们了解到
..Safe and well. And we understand that
他正和你们的一名陆上工作人员在一起
he's waiting with one of your landside units at that location.
但此次出动不过是个例证
But this call-out is just one example
其背后的问题更为严重
of a much bigger problem.
在英国 每九十分钟
In the UK, someone takes their own life
就有人自杀
every 90 minutes.
据估算 每有一个自杀者离世
It's estimated that for every person who dies by suicide,
就有另外二十人尝试自杀
20 more people attempt it.
那份上面有鸡蛋 是优质蛋白
That's got egg on it, which is good protein.
这份是肉馅的
This is the meat one.
令人难过的事实是
And the sad fact is
假如没有这类救生团队在最后时刻干预
that if it weren't for the many last-minute interventions
自杀致死率要比现在高得多
by teams like this, the death rate would be much higher.
曾经尝试自杀的人里
People who've been trying to take their own lives,
有没有人在得到救助后
are there people where you get them out
庆幸自己自杀未遂
and they're glad that they weren't successful?
很多人真的特别特别沮丧
A lot of people are just so desperately sad,
他们会跟你说 "我只想在今天结束一切"
and they'll tell you, "I just wanted to end it all today."
有些人会游离救生船的方向
Some of them will swim away from the boat.
我们见过有人选择再次投河
We've had people duck-dive back under the water
想要结束生命 但也有很多人告诉我们
to try and end it all, but then we've had a lot of people tell us
他们后悔自杀 只是那一天认定
that they regretted it, just deciding on that particular day
史蒂夫·金
皇家全国救生艇学会会长
托尔救生站
自己受够了 想结束一切 不过后来
that they'd had enough and wanted to end it all, but then we've
我们从他们那儿得到一些反馈
managed to get some feedback from them
知道他们已经没事了
letting us know that they're all right and,
"非常感谢你们救了我
"Thank you so much for saving me.
那天我只是状态很糟糕"
I was just having a bad day."
我很清楚要想避免更多自杀导致的死亡
It's clear to me that to prevent more suicide deaths,
我们需要更早进行干涉
we need to intervene much earlier.
但要做到这一点 我们需要更好地了解
But in order to do that, we need to better understand
最初是什么原因导致有人
what causes someone to get to the point of suicidal crisis
想到自杀
in the first place.
我年轻一些的时候 根本无法理解
When I was younger, I found the idea of anyone thinking about
为什么会有人考虑自杀或者尝试自杀
or trying to take their own life impossible to relate to.
但二十年里发生了很多事
But 20 years on, a lot of things have happened.
我有个儿子 住得离我几千千米远
I've got a son who lives thousands of miles away,
我觉得很对不起他
which I feel very guilty about.
我很担心他 担心他的未来
I worry about him. I worry about his future.
我为钱发愁 为我的事业发愁
I worry about money. I worry about my career.
我的感情生活一塌糊涂
I've messed up relationships, and...
所有这些都会从不同角度
All of those things make me relate
让我想到自杀
to thoughts of suicide quite differently.
我现在觉得我能理解他们了
I now feel that I can relate to them
因为我自己也有了同样的经历
because I've experienced them myself.
这也使我认识到每个人都会
And it's made me realise that no-one is immune
受到自杀想法的影响
to the effects of suicidal thoughts.
那天天气清冷
It was a cold, crisp day.
阳光明媚 一如往常
The sun was shining and it was bright and normal.
这么说来 那个周一
And, in that sense, there was no difference between that Monday
和任何普通的周一没什么不同
and any other Monday.
当我在广播上听到一起交通事故的报道中
I became aware that something maybe wasn't right
史蒂夫·马伦
提到了我们村的名字
when I heard, strangely enough, on the radio,
我意识到有什么不对劲
a traffic report that mentioned the name of our village.
我们住在一个很小的村庄
And we only live in a small village,
不会在广播上经常听到它的名字
and you never hear your village on the radio particularly often,
所以这当然吸引了我的注意
and that obviously caught my attention.
几乎同一时间
Almost exactly the same time
传来很猛烈的敲门声
as there was a very large knock on the door.
几位身材魁梧的警♥察♥走进家门
And some very large policemen walked into our house...
通知我们发生了什么
and obviously informed us as to what had happened.
他们留下一页通知单
They leave you a leaflet.
这如同有人打开大门
And it was rather as if somebody had opened the front door
朝我们家扔下一颗手榴弹
and thrown a hand grenade into our house.
悲痛欲绝 万劫不复
And you're staring into an abyss of grief.
我只能这样形容
I can only describe it like that.
整个世界天翻地覆
Your world is turned inside out.
这只是一座普通的火车站 和全国成千上万
Well, this is just like thousands of other village stations
村属车站没什么不同
up and down the country.
爱德华每天早晨和下午在这里
This is where Edward used to get the train up to Cambridge
乘火车去剑桥上预科学校
for his sixth form college every morning and every afternoon.
站前路
爱德华曾告诉五位不同的专业人士
Edward told five different medical professionals
他有在铁轨自杀的想法
that he wanted to potentially take his life on the railway.
没有人告知我们
And nobody told us,
即使他本人已经两次明确同意
even though he had explicitly given his consent
可以同他的父母商量
for his parents to be consulted, on two occasions.
事实再简单不过
The very simple fact of the matter is
如果我早就知道我的儿子
if I'd known at all that my son had any suicide ideation
有和铁轨相关的自杀念头 我怎么可能
involving the railway, do you honestly think I would have
会让他靠近他所在村庄的火车站
let him go anywhere near the railway station in the very village
让他每天坐火车上学呢
that he lives in and travelled on every single day?
从未有人告知我们
We were never told.
你好 儿子
Hey, son.
爱德华去世的时候是学校的学生代表
When Edward died, he was head boy at his school
而且前不久才收到剑桥大学的录取通知
and had recently been offered a place at Cambridge University.
我们不能低估自杀给社会
We should not underestimate the catastrophic scars
造成的毁灭性创伤
that suicide has on society.
时间无法治愈一切
Time does not heal all.
只能学着去应对
You just learn to manage.
电影精选列表