我热爱生活
I love life,
所以我想保持年轻
so I want to remain young,
活力充沛 尽可能长久地享受生活
energetic, enjoy it for as long as I can.
我受过医学培训
I'm medically trained.
了解所有保持健康的专业建议
I know all the standard advice for staying healthy.
但对是我似乎不起作用
But in my case, it doesn't seem to be working.
我发现我的身体
I've discovered that my body
不如我理想中的那样清瘦健康
is not the lean, long-lived machine I would like it to be.
你的身体三分之一都是脂肪
A third of your body is fat.
多谢你特意强调这点
Thank you for making that point so emphatically.
我想看看
I wanted to see
科学能否提供其他方法能让我不再衰老
if science can offer a different way to stop the rot,
放慢时间的脚步
slow the clock,
因此我开始寻找
so I set off to find experts
正在设法对抗衰老的专家
who are trying to combat the ravages of ageing.
我们将在这里改写人体生理学
We are rewriting human physiology here.
如果你找到了更好的方法
If you can find something else that you can do
那种方法不仅无害
that it doesn't hurt you--
还对你有益
that benefits you
也能达到同样的效果
and that causes these changes,
请告诉我
I'd like to know.
我的发现着实令我吃惊
What I discovered was truly surprising.
无需涉及药物和注射 没有潜在损失
It involves no pills, no injections and no hidden cost.
完全取决于你所吃的食物
It's all a question of what you eat.
更确切地说 你所不吃的东西
Or rather, what you don't eat.
昨晚我梦到我吃了一个三明治
Last night, I dreamt I ate a sandwich
然后感到巨大的罪恶感
and then I felt fantastically guilty.
那就是禁食
It's about fasting.
易于让人接受的禁食
But fasting made easier.
如果我开始效仿乔的生活方式呢
If I were to go onto Joe's lifestyle...?
一年之内 你就会有好转
In a year, you‘re gonna... you‘re gonna be cured.
我认为关键的是 这可能是
The big thing is that this is the beginning of something
一个非常重要的开始
which I think could be huge.
如果能开个好头
If it takes off
它会朝着我预想的方向前进
and if it heads off in the direction that I imagine it will,
那这也许会是真正革命性的变化
then this...this could be genuinely revolutionary.
地平线
节食还是截寿
有很多人即使早就过了退休年龄
There are plenty of people who stay young and fit
仍然能保持年轻活力
well beyond retirement age.
雷的工具箱
他们大多用的是传统方式
They mainly do it the traditional way -
进行大量的运动
through lots and lots of exercise.
今天 我来到伦敦马拉松赛
Today, I've come to the London Marathon.
将近三万六千个不同体型的人
Nearly 36,000 bodies of all shapes and sizes
挑战四十二公里长跑
are tackling the 26-mile course.
有一些是年轻人
Some are young,
但很多却不是
many not so young.
这里的气氛实在太棒了
There's an absolutely fantastic atmosphere here.
迈克尔·莫斯利
我从没跑过马拉松
Now, I have never run the marathon
也没打算任何参加马拉松
and I have no plans to ever run the marathon,
可今天参赛的很多人
but there are plenty of people running today
都比我年长很多
who are far older than me.
其中有七千多位年逾五旬的人
There are seven thousand people and in their 50's,
更加难以置信的是
and incredibly enough,
有七位年逾八旬或年纪更大的长者
there are seven people who are in their 80s or older.
我打算举牌子吸引他们停下
I'm going to trying and flag a few of them down
五十岁以上的人
请您告诉地平线
保持年轻的秘诀
问问他们的秘诀
to ask how they do it.
-你好 你好吗 -你好
- Hello! How are you? - Hello!
-您多大了 -七十八岁
- How old are you? - 78.
-您高寿 -八十一
- And how old are you? - 81.
那您年轻的秘诀是什么 跑步吗
What's the secret, then, running?
魔法棒
Magic wand!
只要吃得健康
Just eating well.
只要记住加油再加油 孩子
Hard work son, that's all!
任何一位七十岁跑马拉松的人
Anyone who can run a marathon in their 70s
都值得我尊敬
deserves my respect,
但是我在等一个人
but I'm waiting for a man
和他相比 这些七旬老人都还算年轻
who makes septuagenarians look youthful.
费加·辛恩是位传奇
Fauja Singh is amazing.
他一生都辛勤劳作
He has been active all his life,
但他八十岁才开始认真地跑步
but he only took up serious running in his 80s.
是什么让他始终保持
So what is it that keeps him
如此健康的体格 又精力充沛
so remarkably fit and energetic?
-你好 -你好 -很高兴见到你
- Hi, there. - Hello. - Nice to see you.
费加多大年纪了
How old is Fauja?
101岁
101.
1911年4月1号♥出生
Born on 1st April 1911.
可惜他还不太精通英语
Unfortunately he hasn't quite mastered the English language yet.
能帮我问问他现在的感受吗
Do you mind asking him how he's feeling?
[旁遮普语]
-他说"不容易" -是吗
- He goes, "It's not easy..." - Yeah?
但是一定 一定要跑完全程
But the job's got to be... the job's got to be done,
因为他还没跑完
cos he's not finished yet.
你不会放弃的是吗
You're not going to give up, are you?
尽管费加已经101岁
Although he's 101,
他一生从未动过手术
Fauja has never had surgery,
没有心脏病的迹象
he shows no signs of heart disease...
也无需吃药
and he takes no medication.
他相信他的长寿和惊人的健康
He believes that his long life and his incredible health
都是因为饮食
is down to his diet.
有什么特别的饮食吗
So, any particular diet?
没有什么特别的
He has no particular diet.
就是简单的旁遮普农民饮食
It's a simple Punjabi farmer's diet,
吃新鲜的食物
so just fresh food,
-但他的秘诀是吃得量较少 -是
- but his secret is that he has smaller portions. - Right.
在贫穷的国家 人们死于饥饿
In poor countries, people die of starvation.
在富裕的国家 人们死于暴饮暴食
In rich countries, people die of over-eating.
那么对比你我来说 他吃多少
So, how much does he eat, compared to you or I?
他所吃量是一般人的一半
He would eat what would be considered half a portion,
几乎是小孩子的分量
almost a child's portion.
一个小孩子的分量大概是
So a child portion is probably about
大约是你我所吃的一半热量吗
half the amount of calories you or I would eat?
卡是热量的单位 但并非标准单位 本片除特殊情况 一律翻译成热量
通过大幅度地限制自己的食物摄入量
By restricting his food intake so dramatically,
费加不知不觉中在测试一种长寿理论
Fauja has unknowingly been testing a theory
这套理论的年纪几乎和他一样大
that has been around nearly as long as he has.
这套科学理论
A scientific theory
现在才真正获得承认
which is only now really coming into its own.
筹集每一分钱 改善每一个人
我搭乘地铁来到终点线
I've taken the Tube to the finish line.
希望能赶上费加的到来
I want to catch Fauja become, hopefully,
这位世界上最年长的马拉松运动员
the world's oldest marathon runner.
经过七小时四十九分钟 他成功了
And after seven hours and 49 minutes, he succeeds.
祝贺你
Can I congratulate you?
实在难以置信 他已经101岁
That is absolutely unbelievable - he's 101 years old
并且跑完了42公里全程
and he has just covered 26 miles.
现在我无法想象再过五十年
Now, I can't imagine that, in 50 years' time,
自己还能去林荫大道跑步
I'm going to be running down The Mall,
但我希望能像他一样
but I want to be like him.
我要头脑清晰 身手敏捷
I want to be mentally active and physically active,
我想要青春常驻
I want to stay younger for longer.
几十年以来 各地的科学团队
For decades, teams of scientists around the world
投身衰老问题的研究
have been intensely studying ageing.
显然 基因在我们衰老的速度和程度上
Now, clearly, genes play a significant part
扮演了重要角色
in how quickly and well we age,
可对于基因 我们无能为力
but there's nothing much you can do about your genes.
然而 你可以选择你的饮食
There is, however, something you can do about what you eat.
铁路交叉道口
在美国
And here in America,
他们启动了一些非同寻常的研究
they are starting to turn out some truly remarkable research
证明与长寿与饮食有关
电影精选列表