Everything starts somewhere...
万物皆有起源
...although many physicists disagree.
尽管很多物理学家不同意这一点
There is the constant desire to find out where.
世人总想着要找出那个地方
Where is the point where it all began?
究竟一切的起源所在何处?
But much, much later than that,
但在很久,很久之后
the Discworld was formed.
碟形世界成形了
Drifting onwards through space
它穿越宇宙漂流前行
atop four elephants on the shell of a giant turtle,
四头大象立于巨龟的背壳之上
the great A'Tuin.
那是大阿图因
It was some time after its creation
在世界诞生之后的某一天
when most people forgot that the very oldest stories of the beginning
当大多数人都已淡忘 那创世初期最为古老的故事都会
are, sooner or later, about blood.
或迟或早地 与血相关
At least, that's one theory.
至少,有这么一个理论
The philosopher Didactylos has suggested an alternative hypothesis.
哲学家迪达克洛斯提出过这样一个假设:
"Things just happen. What the hell?"
万物就这么出现了,见鬼
Our story began in Ankh-Morpork,
而我们的故事就从安科·莫波克
the twin city of proud Ankh and pestilent Morpork,
高贵的安科与道德败坏的莫波克这双子之城
the biggest city in Discworld,
碟形世界最大的城市开始
a city where magic is just another job
魔法在这儿只是一项工作
and where the Tower of Art of the Unseen University for Wizards
而那幽冥法师大学的艺术之塔
looms over all the dark, narrow streets below.
在底层的每个狭街暗巷中隐现
Our story continues in the middle of the night before Hogswatch,
我们的故事开始于猪守节前夜的午夜时分
a midwinter festival, which, for some reason,
这是仲冬的一个节日,因为某些原因
bears a remarkable similarity to your Christmas,
与你们的圣诞节非常相似
that now takes us to the Tooth Fairy's castle,
现在我们来到了牙仙子的城♥堡♥
where magic has made children's teeth perilously powerful,
在这儿,魔法让孩子们的牙齿拥有了极其危险的力量
so that our story is much sooner rather than later
所以我们的故事,会只早不迟地
about blood.
与血相关
Mr Teatime!
午茶先生!
There you are. I've unlocked it.
很好,我解开了锁
And Banjo's opened it.
而班卓砸开了它
I'm not telling you anything. Who are you, anyway?
我不会告诉你任何事!但是,你是谁?
I'm glad you asked. I'm your worst nightmare.
我很高兴你问了这个!我是你最可怕的梦魇!
Oh. You mean the one with the giant cabbage
你是说…拿着巨大卷心菜
and the, kind of, whirling-knife thing?
和某种旋转小刀的那个?
Sorry, no. Not that one.
抱歉,不 不是那个
I'm the one where this man comes out of nowhere
我是那个有个男人出现在你面前
and kills you, stone dead.
并且杀掉你这个钝瓜头的梦魇
Oh, that one. But that's not...
噢,那个 但那个并不怎么…
Rather a charitable act there, I feel.
我觉得我表现得太仁慈了
But it is nearly Hogswatch after all.
但毕竟,猪守夜就要到了
Bring me the girl.
把聒噪小姐带过来
Odd.
奇怪
Oh. It's a scythe job, then.
那么,该用镰刀了?
They took the teeth. All of them.
他们拿走了牙齿!所有牙齿!
They just walked in
他们就这么走进来
and they... they... No! Wait! Wait! Wait!
然后…不,等等!
Where did he come from? A place I cannot go.
他从哪儿来? 一个我不能去的地方
Well, even if you could go there,
好吧,你最好别管这个了
we've got our work cut out here keeping the Hogfather's seat warm.
让我们的阿尔伯(Albert的昵称)先下去,帮圣猪老爹暖暖座位
If what's happening in the Tooth Fairy's castle isn't stopped,
如果不能阻止在牙仙子城♥堡♥里发生的事
then, everything we've been doing is a waste of time.
那我们所做的一切就都只是在浪费时间
And if they get to the Tooth Fairy,
要是他们接触到了牙仙子
they will be able to control all human belief.
他们就能控制全人类的信仰
Unless Susan gets there first.
除非苏珊能赶在他们前头
Yes, well, it's coming along well. Very impressive. Well done.
啊,很好,一切进展顺利 太棒了!做得很好
I need your help, Mr Ridcully. You... You're...
我需要你的帮助,里德寇里先生 我,呃-…你是…
Yes. The scythe, the cloak, the white horse, the granddaughter.
是的 镰刀、斗篷、白马、他的孙女
I need you to wake him up.
我需要你把他弄醒
His name's Bilious.
他的名字是比利欧斯
He's the Oh God of Hangovers.
他就是那位宿醉之神
Something nasty's happening tonight. I'm hoping he can tell me what it is
今晚有些卑鄙之事正在进行 我希望他能告诉我那是什么
but he's got to be able to think straight first.
但他首先得能够清醒地思考
And you brought him here?
所以你把他带到了这儿?
Why are you doing this?
你为什么这么做?
I mean, I was a bit behind with the teeth, I know... Is she behind this door?
我是说,我的牙齿收集业绩落后很多了,我知道… 这是她的房♥门吗?
I don't know. There was nearly $13
我不知道,枕头钱还剩下13元…
in pillow money owing, I admit. This her door?
这是她的房♥门吗? 我承认
But I signed the form G...
但我为这个填写了GV19表格…
Will you just shut up and answer the question?
你能不能闭上嘴然后回答问题?
I don't know. I've never been here before.
我不知道,我从来没到过这儿
Then your boss probably doesn't realise
你的老板大概没意识到
how irritating you are.
你是多么令人不耐烦
Come out, come out, wherever you are!
出来吧,出来吧,不管你在哪儿!
Or Miss Bottler gets it.
要不聒噪小姐就得尝尝这个了
It was only a bit of loose change! And I really, I was going to...
只是零钱而已!我真的,我本来打算
10 Scrote...
真棒,我成功了!
Have you got the list?
你找到盖子了没?
This is really, really stupid.
这真的非常,非常愚蠢
I think the tradition got started
我想这种传统刚开始的时候
when everybody had them big chimbleys, master.
是每家每户都有大烟囱的,主人
Indeed. It's only a mercy it's unlit.
真的?唯一幸运的是它没被点着
The boy wants a pair of trousers
这个男孩想要一条只
that he doesn't have to share,
属于自己的裤子
a huge meat pie,
一块大肉派
a sugar mouse,
一只糖老鼠
a lot of toys
“很多玩具”
and a puppy called Scruff.
和一只叫做“后脖子”的小狗
Aw, how sweet. I shall wipe away a tear.
啊,真棒 我得擦掉一滴眼泪,“因为他将要得到的”
Cos what he's getting, you see, is this little wooden toy
看,就是这个小小的木头玩具
and an apple. But the letter clearly...
和一个苹果 但信里清楚地…
I know. It's the socioeconomic factors.
我知道,这和社会经济学有关
I mean, the world would be in a hell of a mess, wouldn't it,
要是人人都能得到他们要求的东西
if everybody got what they asked for?
那世界就会陷入一团该死的混乱了,不是么?
I gave them what they wanted in the store.
我给他们想要的存货里有的东西
Yeah, well, what good is a god that gives you everything that you want, eh?
如果神灵能满足你所有的要求,那又有什么好处?
You have me there. Ah, yeah.
我倒想试试看
No, it's the hope that's important.
希望更加重要
Oh, yes.
是的
It's a big part of belief, is the hope.
这是信仰的重要成份,希望
I mean, say you give people jam today
今天给人们果酱
and they'll just sit there and eat it, won't they.
他们只会坐下然后吃掉它
But jam tomorrow? Ah, no. That'll keep 'em going forever.
“明天的果酱,现在就给我”-他们会一直这么干下去
And you mean that because of this,
所以你的意思是因为这样
the poor get poor things and the rich get rich things?
穷♥人♥得到差的 而富人得到好的?
Well, yeah. That's the meaning of Hogswatch, innit, master?
哦,对 这就是猪守节的意义,不是吗,主人?
But I'm the Hogfather!
但我是圣猪老爹!
At the moment, I mean.
我是说,现在是
Well, it makes no difference.
没区别
I remember when I was a nipper.
我记得当我还是个小孩的时候
It was one Hogswatch, it was...
有一年猪守节
...and I had my heart set on this...
我满心思都放在商店里的
...huge model horse in this shop.
那匹很大的模型马上
It was what I always wanted.
那是我一直想要的
Someone was in there, buying it, and, do you know, just for a second,
店里有人买♥♥了它 而你知道,有那么一秒钟
I thought it really was going to be for me.
我以为它真的是属于我的了
But it wasn't.
但它不是
I spent hours with me nose pressed up against the window,
我花了许多个小时鼻子紧贴在窗户上看着
till someone heard me calling and unfroze me.
直到有人听到我的叫声,救了冻僵的我
Yes, I would've killed for that horse. But you know what?
我几乎因那马儿死掉
I still hung up my stocking on Hogswatch Eve.
但我还是在猪守夜挂起了我的长袜
And do you know why? Cos I had hope!
你知道为什么吗?因为我有希望!
Yeah. And the next morning,
而第二天早上
our dad had put in my stocking a little wooden horse
我爸爸在我的长袜里放了一只小小的木马
that he had carved his very own self.
那是他自己做的
Ah, and that was worth more
啊,那可比世界上
than all the expensive toy horses in the world?
任何一匹昂贵的玩具马都更有价值!
No, cos you're a selfish little bugger when you're only seven.
不,当你只有七岁的时候你也会是个自私的小坏蛋
It's only grown-ups that think like that.
只有大人才会这么想
This is wrong.
这是错的
电影精选列表