Mom? Are you awake? Mom?
妈?你醒着吗?
ZoZo? What are you doing up? It's still early.
柔柔,你起来干嘛? 还这么早
Go back to sleep. I can't. Olive is scared.
回去睡 我不行,奥莉害怕
Mom.
妈
Down here.
下面这里
ZoZo, what are you doing under here?
柔柔,你在下面这里干嘛?
Mom, I told you, I don't like that stupid baby name anymore.
妈,我跟你说过 我不喜欢你再这么叫我
My name's Zoe.
我的名字是柔伊
And I'm under here because I'm hiding.
我到这里 是因为我要躲起来
Olive said we had to hide. She dreamed they found us.
奥莉说我们得藏起来 她梦见他们找到我们
Who did?
谁?
The Breathers. Hey, what did we just talk about?
生者 我们刚说了什么?
Our new rule, remember?
新规矩,记得吗?
Rule number four. We're not allowed to talk about them anymore.
第四条,不准再谈论他们
I didn't. Olive did.
我没有,是奥莉
Well, you can tell Olive that no one found us.
你可以跟奥莉说 不会有人找到我们
Dad's been keeping watch all night, just like always. We're safe here.
爸爸跟往常一样守了一整夜 我们在这里很安全
You hear that, Olive?
你听见了吗,奥莉?
My smile is stuck. Her smile is stuck.
我的笑容僵掉了 她笑僵了
That means she doesn't want to be smiling anymore.
表示她不想再笑了
That means she's still scared.
表示她还是很害怕
Would it make Olive feel better if we went and checked with Dad?
若我们去跟爸爸确认 奥莉会舒服一点吗?
It's okay.
没关系
All right.
好
Come on.
来吧
It's okay.
没关系
Mom, look.
妈,你看
That's just Dad. It doesn't look like Dad.
只有爸爸 看起来不像爸爸
Oh. Someone had another nightmare? Dad.
有人做噩梦了吗? 爸
Hey, hey.
嘿
Thought we told those nightmares to go away. We did.
噩梦不是赶跑了 没错
Well, then why are you so scared? Better ask Olive about that.
那么你为何还这么害怕? 最好问问奥莉
Oh, was it Olive this time, huh?
这次又是奥莉吗?
How does she even sleep with her eyes open all the time?
她怎么有办法眼睛睁着睡?
Dad, don't be mean. I was just wondering.
爸,别这么坏 我只是狐疑而已
She wants a report. Well, then I better consult my notes.
她要报告 我最好看一下我的记录
My glasses, please.
麻烦我的眼镜给我
Thank you.
谢谢
So my watch started at 10.
我手表是十点开始
At 2, I played seven games of solitaire. Won four, lost three.
凌晨两点时,我玩了七场接龙 四胜三败
Lost four, won three. Ms. Zoe, you see right through me.
四败三胜 柔伊小姐,你真是一眼就看穿我
At 5, a couple of deer ran overhead.
凌晨五点,两只鹿经过
And at 6 in the morning, I heard little footsteps.
早上六点,我听见脚步声
Possibly belonging to my rascal of a daughter. Hmm?
可能是我调皮的女儿
But other than that, nothing, not a creature was stirring, not even...
除此之外 没有任何动静,连…
A Breather? ZoZo.
生者呢? 柔柔
No, not even a...
没有
you know. And the locks?
什么都没有 锁呢?
They still hold fast? Do you wanna check?
够牢吗? 你想检查一下吗?
Can I? No.
可以吗? 不行
Ray, I told you I don't want her going up there anymore.
雷,我说过不能让她上去
What? This little monkey? She can handle it.
什么?这只小猴子? 她可以的
Yeah, I can handle it, Mom. I know the rules.
是啊,妈,我可以的 我知道规矩
One: Never be loud.
第一条,不准大声
I know you know the rules. Two: Never lose control.
我知道你知道规矩 第二条:不能失控
Three: Never open the door. Four: Never talk about the Breathers.
第三条:不能开门 第四条:不能谈论生者
Careful, ZoZo, your shoe. I got it, Mom.
小心,柔柔,你的鞋 没问题,妈妈
Hold fast?
够牢吗?
Hold fast.
够牢
Can't I just go barefoot?
我不能打赤脚过去吗?
No, that wouldn't be right.
不行,这样不对
Why not?
为什么不行?
Because we're not animals, Zoe.
因为我们不是动物,柔伊
I need you to remember that.
我要你记住这点
But it's not like I'm going outside or anything.
但我又不是外出
Well, who needs to go outside when we brought the sun with us?
太阳都带来了 谁还需要出门?
Another beautiful day, huh?
又是美好的一天不是吗?
You wanna make it official?
你想正式点?
Not too hard, okay? I don't want you to slip.
别太用力,知道吗? 我不想你滑倒
I got it, Mom.
妈妈,没问题
Okay.
好
How many days is that? If you don't remember, just count them.
那是多少天? 如果不记得,就数一下
They're lined up in rows of 25. And there are how many rows?
一排是二十五天 一共多少排?
One, two, three, eight, nine. Twelve.
一、二、三、八、九 十二排
So 25 times 12 makes?
二十五乘以十二是多少?
Three hundred plus the one I just marked. So 301.
我画了三百加一 所以是三百零一
That's it. See? Those math lessons are really paying off.
没错,你看吧 数学课没白学
Give me a kiss. That means she's hungry.
亲我一下 那表示她饿了
Let's see here. We've got hominy...
看看,我们有碎玉米
corn, potatoes, beans.
玉米、马铃薯、豆子
And peaches. Peaches. Definitely peaches.
桃子 桃子,那好,就桃子
You know, we had peaches yesterday.
昨天吃过桃子了
We can have them again tomorrow.
明天再吃吧
But I was thinking today, maybe we should try something with a little protein.
但我想今天该摄取一点蛋白质
Maybe beans for once. Ew, beans are the worst.
吃一次豆子吧 豆子很难吃
Dad. Beans or peaches? Yeah?
爸,豆子还是桃子? 什么事?
Uh, I don't know.
我不知道
Peaches. Peaches sound pretty good to me.
桃子 桃子应该不错吧
Ray.
雷
Uh, how about we take a vote? Ray.
我们投票决定如何? 雷
All those in favor of beans, please raise your hand.
赞成吃豆子的请举手
One vote for beans. Now, all those in favor of deliciously sweet peaches, raise your hand.
豆子一票,赞成吃好吃 又甜桃子的人请举手
Sorry, hon. Two against one.
亲爱的,抱歉 二票对一票
Three.
是三票
Is Darlene acting up again? No, she's a tough gal.
达琳又在耍脾气了吗? 不,她很坚强
She just needs a little encouragement, that's all.
她只是需要一点鼓励
There we go. Told you she was tough.
这里,跟你说过她很坚强
Mom. Dad. The peaches are gone.
爸、妈,桃子不见了
Not funny, ZoZo. I'm serious. Someone stole them.
不好笑,柔柔 真的,被人偷走了
God. That's 12. That's 12 cans.
老天,十二罐
That's almost two weeks of rations.
几乎是两周的补给
There are no more peaches?
没有桃子了?
Uh, no. No more peaches.
没有了
Something must've been drawn to the sugar. Something with teeth.
有什么爱吃甜食的东西来了 有牙齿的
What has teeth like that?
什么东西有这样的牙齿?
A rat, probably.
可能是老鼠
But a rat couldn't get in here. I checked the door. It's hold fast.
但老鼠进不来 我检查过门,关很紧
The door is not the only way in.
门不是唯一的入口
Can the Breathers get in there too?
生者也能进来吗?
ZoZo. Can they?
柔柔 能吗?
No, they're too big to fit in there.
不,他们太大了进不来
But a rat could.
但老鼠可以
If it's a rat, it's still in here somewhere.
如果是老鼠 应该还在这里面
We have to keep an eye out.
我们得留意
We have to find it before it steals any more food.
得在它偷其他食物前找到它
In the meantime, we'll have to cut down on our rations.
同时我们得缩减配给
Dad, they're already so small.
爸,他们已经很小了
I'm sorry, Zoe.
柔伊,很抱歉
I really am.
真的很抱歉
I'm not gonna ask you again. Eat.
我不会再讲了,张口吃
Mom, I told you, I don't want stupid beans. Hey, remember rule number two.
妈,我说过,我不吃豆子 记得第二条规矩
Never lose control.
别失控
Never let anger take over. Rule number five: Never call me ZoZo.
别让愤怒让你失去冷静 第五条:别叫我柔柔
I just wanted some peaches. A thief stole them.
我只想要吃桃子 小偷偷走了
And now we're all gonna have to give some things up.
现在我们只好放弃
I already have nothing.
我已经一无所有
I'm stuck in here. I can't even go outside.
我被困在这里,不能出去
I don't have any friends except Olive and she can only say five things.
除了奥莉,我没有任何朋友 而她只会说五件事
What about us? What?
我们呢? 什么?
Well, you said you don't have any friends.
你说你没朋友