片名:坚韧的刺刀/刺刀出鞘(1951)
Hey, did you hear what happened?
哎,你们听说了吗?
The general went up in the line companies. A shell got his jeep.
将军来前线的时候, 乘坐的吉普被炮弹击中了.
He's in the C.P. getting patched up.
他现在在救护站包扎呢..
I had a general like that in the last war. General McNair, remember him?
还记得吗,二次大战时候 的那个McNair将军吗?
Got hit in Africa and killed in France.
在非洲挨了炮弹, 最后死在法国.
Top brass is supposed to use their brains.
这些高级将领, 他们脑子一定是坏掉了.
They got too much responsibility taking chances getting their tails shot off.
这样的负伤 他们自己要付很大责任.
When you've been in this outfit a little longer, Buster,
混小子,你在部队里多呆些时间,
you'll find out it takes more than brains to be a general.
就会知道要能当上将军 要的不仅仅是头脑,
You got to have the guts to lead.
更需要有勇气.
Hello, General. Help yourself.
你好,将军. 请随便吧.
Hi, General. Hello, Colonel.
你好,将军. 你好,上校l.
What happened to the 16th Infantry?
第16步兵团是怎么回事?
The line was out, sir. Finally made contact. Colonel Taylor will be here any minute.
线路故障,长官.已经联♥系♥上了. 泰勒上校马上就到.
What kind of shape is the 18th in? We're under strength, sir.
18步兵团情况如何?
Morale's high, but the ammo's low.
力量不足,长官. 士气很好,但弹♥药♥不多了.
Twentysixth? We're chewed up too, sir.
26步兵团呢?我们也很担心,长官.
Danger Forward.
前方有危险。
General Allen, sir.
长官,是艾伦将军.
Yes, sir. This is Danger 6.
喂,我是 Danger 6.
Soon as Colonel Taylor gets here, we're in business, sir.
长官,泰勒上校一到, 我们就开始行动.
Yes, sir.
是,长官.
They're getting jumpy back at army.
共♥军♥在我们后面紧追不舍.
Hello, Taylor. Hello, General.
你好,泰勒. 你好,将军.
Got pinned down on the road. Sniper got my driver.
我们在路上被耽搁了.-司机被狙击手打中了.
Bad? Dead.
伤得重吗?他死了.
How's the arm, sir? Still on.
胳膊怎么样?还在.
All right, we've been ordered to withdraw.
好了,我们接到命令撤退.
The boys upstairs want the whole division pulled back right away.
上面要全师立即撤退.
What do you think our chances are of ever getting back to this area?
你认为我们能撤回到这里吗?
It'll be rough, sir. It means getting across this river.
很困难,长官. 这样就必须过这条江.
There's a bridge right there at that point. It's the only exit open.
在这有座桥, 是目前唯一可通行的退路.
Then we got to get to that bridge,
那我们一定得赶到那座桥,
cross it and blow it up to give us a breather.
过去后就把桥炸了,这样就可以喘息一下.
Once we're reinforced, we'll hit 'em like they've never been hit before.
得到增援后,我们再杀回来, 给敌军以前所未有的重击.
John, how's the enemy picture look? Very strong, General.
约翰,敌军情况如何?十分强大,长官.
If I were the enemy and became aware of your withdrawal from here to there,
如果我是敌人...并警觉到你要从这撤到这的话,
I'd start a full-scale attack.
我肯定会发起一次全面的进攻.
The Reds have got two armoured divisions here,
共♥产♥党在这有2个装甲师...
a field division here and elements of a regiment behind this hill.
这有1个军团,这山头后面 还有1个精锐步兵团.
Now, once we start moving along this road to the river,
现在,一旦我们开始 沿着这条通往大江方向的公路转移,
the Reds'll form an iron triangle that'll trap us and smash us in the gut
共♥军♥部队就将结成一个铁三角, 把我们围在其中并歼灭...
unless they didn't know we were withdrawing.
除非他们没发现我们在撤退.
Well, in that case...
呃,在那种情况下
we'll have to withdraw without the Reds knowing about it.
我们必须在 不被共♥军♥发现的情况下撤退.
You should be evacuated, sir. You're liable to lose your arm.
你得疏散到后方去,长官. 否则你的胳膊就保不住了.
I'm more worried about losing my division.
我更担心的是我的师的安全.
Now clean it, dress it, tape it and forget it.
现在给我清洗一下,包扎好,不要再说了.
Will you hold that, sir?
长官,你自己压一下伤口?
There's only one way we can pull this off. That's rear-guard action.
只有一种解决方法-后卫行动.
We'll have to put up a front and fool them.
我们要建立一条防线骗过共♥军♥.
We'll have to make them think our rear-guard is not a delaying action
让他们以为碰到的 是师部的前进警戒哨.
but a forward outpost to this division's bivouac.
而不是在执行阻滞任务的后卫.
General, the spot is there. Now, I looked over this terrain yesterday.
将军,那个点在这. 我昨天去看过这块地形.
The hills are steep on both sides of this pass
这个山口两边的山都很陡,
and the road narrows down so that only one tank at a time can get through.
公路逐渐变窄, 一次只能过1辆坦克.
If we move down that road, around that bend
如果我们沿公路撤下来时,
and set up a roadblock right here at Bayonet Pass,
就在这山口的转弯处设置路障
we stand a chance.
那我们就还有机会.
I suggest we leave a full regiment to hold the pass
我看我们最好 放1个团来守这个山口.
so the enemy won't suspect that we're pulling back the division.
这样敌军就不会怀疑 我们正在把全师都撤下来,
Yes, but what happens to the regiment after the division is across the river?
不错,可是师主力过河后 这个团又怎么办呢?
That might be just as costly for a regiment to try to pull back as a division.
要把这个团撤下来所花的代价, 不会比把全师撤下来少到哪里去.
We can do it with a battalion or a company.
我们可以只用1个营 或1个连兵力来完成这任务.
It should be a small, specially selected unit of platoon strength.
它应该是一个小的,特别挑选的排兵力单位。
Forty-eight of our toughest, most experienced combat men.
48个人但必须是精心挑选的 最富有实战经验的人组成的排,
It would mean sacrificing less men in a gamble
这样,如果成功的话, 我们牺牲的人更少,
and an easier withdrawal for the group if successful.
而全师的撤退却更容易,
In other words, what you're saying is
你的意思也就是说,
if we can make a platoon sound and look like a regiment, it'll work.
如果能让这个排听起来象一个团, 看起来也象1个团的话,就能成功.
Yes, sir.
没错,长官.
Well, that's it. Order the division to move out right away.
好吧,就这样. 命令全师立刻出发.
Get me the threes: Dagwood, Decoy and Dextrose.
给我接3个团团长: 达格伍德,诱饵和葡萄糖。
Chuck? This is Vic. Hold on.
查克吗? 我是维克,别挂电♥话♥.
Pete? Hold on. We're waiting for Dagwood.
彼特吗?别挂电♥话♥. 就差Dagwood了.
Carl? Vic. We're pulling out right away.
卡尔吗?我是维克. 我们马上就要撤退了.
Dagwood line of departure: 3-9-5-2-3-7.
Dagwood团出发位置:3-9-5-2-3-7,
Yep. They're here now.
对,他们都在这儿.
Nope, no time. Get them on the road.
不,没时间了. 把部队带上公路,
Somebody's got to get left behind to get their bayonets wet.
得有人留下来殿后.
It's tough picking out an outfit, but it's got to be picked.
要挑支部队出来是很为难, 但必须得这样做.
Colonel Taylor. Sir?
泰勒上校. 长官?
Pick a platoon out of your regiment.
从你们团挑个排出来.
I know there's nothing dirtier than a rear-guard action,
我知道没什么任务 比殿后更差劲的了.
especially at platoon strength.
尤其是只有1个排.
But in this case, it's 48 men, unlucky men, maybe,
但目前的形势下, 这48个人,不走运的人
giving 15,000 men a break.
能给15,000人创造机会.
Get going. Yes, sir.
去吧. 是,长官.
All right, let me know if you need any more ammo.
好了,如果你需要弹♥药♥就通知我.
Cover that gun.
把机♥枪♥遮起来.
Dig those mines in deep.
把地雷埋深点.
Charlie, plant a.50 over there. To your right!
查理,在那架挺12.7mm机♥枪♥, 就在你右边!
What I don't understand is why we're on a patrol.
我不明白我们为什么要来巡逻.
I know the enemy is here. I don't need any proof. I ain't from Missouri.
我知道敌人就在附近. 这不需要什么证据,我又不是密苏里州人.
You're from Missouri?
你是密苏里州人?
You don't know what's going on half the time.
哎, Ramirez,你怎么经常糊里糊涂的?
Right now, I don't know what's going on all the time. Hey, Denno.
现在,我也不明白这到底是怎么了. 嘿,邓诺
Huh? The sarge likes you.
嗯? 中士喜欢你.
Fix it up for us to go back and help the platoon throw up the roadblock, huh?
你去跟他说说,让我们转回去, 给排里帮忙把路障弄起来怎样?
We got to use our heads and make these Reds think regiment's behind us.
我们得动脑子,想想办法 让朝鲜人以为我们后面有一个团.
They won't fall for that kind of mishmash.
喔,他们不会上这种当的.
Hey, Rock, what if they find out that the regiment ain't sitting behind us?
哎,洛克,万一他们发现 我们后面根本没有什么兵力会怎样?
What if they hit us with a lot of guys? Who'll hold them back, the platoon?
如果他们大举进攻, 我们怎么挡住他们?就我们排?
They won't hit us with a lot of guys.
他们不会大举进攻的.
They'll smell us out first, try and find out our strength.
他们会先试探我们, 企图查明我们的力量,
We'll run into some small patrols. Maybe one joker,
我们可能会撞到些小股侦察队, 可能1个,
maybe two, maybe three.
2个,或是3个人
But whatever happens, we don't want them to find out
但不管发生什么事, 我们不能让他们发现...
we're just a small rear-guard holding a delaying action.
我们不过是执行阻滞任务的 小股后卫部队.
Rearguard? That's us? Yep.
后卫?是说我们吗? 对.
What is this rear-guard?
后卫是干么的?
The object of the rear-guard is to check enemy pursuit and harassment
后卫的任务就是 阻击敌人的追击和骚扰,
and thus allow the main body to retire unmolested.
进而保证大部队不受干扰的撤退.
Hey, what did he say? He said rearguard.
呃,他刚说什么? 他说的是后卫.
That how you got those two stripes, Denno, memorising the book?
你的两道杠就是这么挣来的吧, 邓诺.你还记得书本的内容?
All right, you guys, knock it off.
好了,别说了.
Remember, the man on his belly out here looks like snow.
记住,趴在雪地上才能隐蔽自己.
A man standing up looks like a man.
站着就会成为最佳的靶子.
Easy.
别急.
The minute they spot us, they'll hit us and run.
他们一看到我们,就会向我们开火,
They won't take any chances hanging around.
然后立即开溜.不会冒险在附近停留.
We gotta make a lot of noise. We gotta sound like a regiment.
我们得多弄出点声音, 要弄得我们象有1个团一般.
Hey, look what I found, dry socks!
嘿,看我找到什么了,干袜子!
I smell more people... real close.
还有人,离得很近.
Fix bayonets.
上刺刀.
You heard the man. Fix your knife.
没听到吗,上刺刀.
Okay, you guys, spread out and dig for money.
好了,大家散开, 好好找找,看敌人在哪.
If you don't see anything, shoot anyway.
就算什么也没看见,也开枪射击.
Denno, that'll be your hole. Dig.
邓诺,你去那挖散兵坑.
'A little to the right. Hold on. Not yet.