"Listen, uh, I'm gonna be ready to do my job."
球到了魔术师手上 吊球给卡里姆
[commentator] Goes to Magic, lob to Kareem… [continues indistinctly]
总决赛的第五场 我们打的十分胶着
And so, in game five at the Forum, it was nip and tuck.
大♥比♥分2-2 这一场很重要 因为我们赢了就3-2领先了
A 2-2 series, this is a big game because we can go up 3-2.
卡里姆受伤了
[commentator speaks indistinctly] Kareem's hurt.
毫无疑问 卡里姆·阿布杜尔-贾巴尔受伤了
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is injured. There's no question about it.
在第三节的时候
[Riley] In the middle of the third quarter,
卡里姆扭伤了脚踝
Kareem has a sprain in his ankle.
天哪 他们没了他可是遇上大♥麻♥烦了
[commentator] Boy, they would be in more than serious trouble without him.
我们还是赢下了那一场 大♥比♥分3-2领先
We ended up closing out the game. We're up 3-2 now.
请给他一点空间
Please. Give him some room here, please.
那对我们打击很大
[Wilkes] It was catastrophic.
卡里姆是我们的领袖 他总能站出来
Kareem was our captain, and he was always there.
他是个完美的球员 不管他
Consummate professional, whether it was, you know,
是不是偏头痛 我们都怀有希望
had a migraine or not. I think we were all hopeful.
只要他有机会能打球 他一定会回来的 我们坚信
If there was any way he could play, he would play. We knew that.
第二天早上 我们要飞去费城
[Cooper] The next morning, we're flying to Philly.
我们刚刚到机场 他们就说 “嘿 你有看新闻吗?”
We get to the airport, and they said, "Man, did you hear the news?"
我说 “什么新闻?”
I said, "What news?"
我们的队医告诉我们 他的伤情
Our doctors let us know that he was injured enough
不允许他打第六场
that he wasn't gonna play game six.
我们失去了历史上最优秀的得分手
We don't have the greatest scorer in the history of the game with us.
没了卡里姆我们怎么打
[Magic] How we gonna beat Philadelphia without Kareem?
大家静静♥坐♥在那里 气氛十分紧张
[Cooper] Everybody's sitting there, and you could tell it was a lot of tension.
每个人都很焦虑
And everybody was, like, nervous.
没人说话 很奇怪
Nobody was talking, which was strange.
群龙无首 如何应战
How we gonna do this without our captain?
你知道吗 他连飞机都没有上
You know, he's not even gonna make the trip.
噢 这真是糟透了
Oh, this must really be bad.
他们都很沮丧 因为卡里姆打不了
[Magic] They was all frustrated and disappointed that he couldn't play.
我想 “是时候要做些什么了”
So, I said, "I gotta do something."
卡里姆一般都坐在1A排
[Riley] Kareem used to get seat 1A.
只有一个人坐过1A
There was only one person who ever sat in 1A.
卡里姆平时会坐在第一排
[Cooper] Kareem would sit in the first row
我和魔术师坐在第二排
but Magic and I would sit in the second row.
那天 我坐在第二排 魔术师坐到了卡里姆的位置
So, I'm in the second row, and Magic sits in Kareem's seat.
他转过头来看着大家
He just turned around and looked at everybody.
说
And goes,
“莫慌张 魔术师约翰逊还在场上”
"Have no fear, Earvin Magic Johnson is here."
我要给你们看看
[Magic] I'm 'bout to show you
队里的每个人看看 我的表演要开始了
and everybody on this team what type of game I got.