但当天晚上我们都有信心拿下
but we had confidence that we was gonna compete that night.
我们的比赛计划就是 他跑到哪里
[Magic] The game plan was for us to double-team him
我们就包夹他到哪里
wherever he went.
不要给他空间持球进攻
Don't give him no room to maneuver.
看他似乎陷入了“两面包夹芝士”
[commentator] Look, they have him sandwiched in.
他被完全锁死了 根本给不了他球
Completely in, can't get him the ball.
他是个神射手
He was such an incredible shooter,
我们得往他身上挤
we wanted to just get right up in his chest
不能给他出手空间
and not give him any airspace.
包夹我
Surrounded me
逼迫我去投那些比平常难得多的球
and made me take tougher shots than I usually did.
约翰逊持球 三打一
[commentator] Johnson, three on one.
要来了 空中接力 格雷格·凯尔瑟完成终结
Here it comes. The alley-oop. That's Greg Kelser.
来到下半场 我们领先16分
Going into the second half, we went up 16 points.
然后形式风云突变
And then everything changed.
埃尔文·约翰逊推人了
[commentator] Earvin Johnson pushing for Michigan State,
他拿到了第三次个人犯规
and Magic Johnson has his third foul.
因为埃尔文已经三犯了
We had to fight through adversity
我们得迎难而上
because Earvin got three fouls in the first half.
面对防守 一个结结实实的犯规
[commentator] A big guard in there, along with a good-sized--
吹的是凯尔瑟 已经四个犯规了
Foul is on Kelser, number four.
我们就要被打崩了
We were about to blow the game open.
格雷格·凯尔瑟拿到第四次个犯 对方展开反击
Greg Kelser got his fourth foul and they came storming back.
伯德
[commentator] Bird.
52比46
52 to 46.
那时候 我知道我要站出来帮队伍赢球了
[Magic] So, I knew I had to make plays for us to win.
这是约翰逊 魔术师·约翰逊持球
[commentator] Johnson. Magic Johnson with the ball.
最后一攻 埃尔文拿到球
Last play of the game, Earvin ends up with the ball.
他一个脑后传球 直接从底线传到前场
He throws it over his head about three-quarters court down the floor...
噢 这个传球
[commentator] Oh, there's the pass!
给到凯尔瑟 直接扣篮 终结了比赛
...to Kelser, who flushes it to end the game.
结束了
[commentator] It's all over.
密歇根州立大学成为了1979年的总冠军
Michigan State University, National Champions, 1979.
我们把潜力发挥到了极致
We were able to play to our potential,
我们非常满意
and it was a gratifying moment.
只有其一
[commentator] But only one can make…
那是我我输的最难受的一场比赛 到现在为止还是
It was one of the toughest losses I've ever taken, and it still is today.
这场比赛到现在还是最多人看过的大学篮球比赛
[Kelser] Still the most-watched game in college basketball history
即使已经过去了40多年
some 40-some years after it was played.
我的目标和梦想已经实现了
[Magic] The goal and dream that I had set came to fruition,
在飞回密西根的飞机上
and so on the plane ride going back to Michigan State
我知道是时候离开这里了
I knew I was leaving.
我已经做好万全准备 转战职业
I was ready mentally, physically, to turn pro.
我们已经完成了一些本需要大学四年才能完成的事情
We did a lot of things in college that I thought maybe would take four years,
只用了两年 所以我得更进一步
and it happened in two, so I guess I gotta go on to the next step.
让我去NBA试试吧
And let's, uh, see what I can do in the NBA.
我放弃了很多东西
I'm giving up a lot, you know.
大学 我离开了我的同学
Uh, college is-- You're giving up, you know, the students,
你知道的 那些欢乐时光
you know, the chance to have a lot of fun, uh.
很多东西 你知道的
Just a lot of things, you know.
他赢得了NCAA的冠军 然后第二年
He went on to win the NCAA and then, you know, the very next year
他选择去加利福尼亚
he opted to go to, uh, California.
我也下定决心要赶紧毕业
So, I was determined to finish school
离开这里 开始新的生活
and get outta here, um, and start a new life.
[crowd cheering]
这是他的首秀之夜
[interviewer] On the eve of his very first day
让我们看看这位用他的微笑
I want you to know that this man has a smile
照亮全国各地电视屏幕的帅哥
that lights up a television screen from here to Bangor, Maine.
我很紧张
I got butterflies in my stomach.
我只想保证我能够稳定发挥
I'm just tryna make sure I can settle myself down.
你现在看到的是魔术师约翰逊
[commentator] So you're watching the debut
和洛杉矶湖人队的首秀
of Magic Johnson with the Los Angeles Lakers.
魔术师约翰逊篮下不进
And Magic Johnson missing one underneath.
争夺球 两边混战
Loose ball, tangle of bodies.
约翰逊拿到了 但是他走步了
Johnson comes free and he travels.
我听到一些球迷
I can hear some basketball fans right now.
他们说 “看
They're saying, "See,
魔术师约翰逊防不了NBA球员”
Magic Johnson can't play defense in the NBA."
大概第二节的时候 我终于稳定下来了
About the second quarter or so I did settle down.
球被魔术师拦截下来 他一个背运
[commentator] Intercepted by Magic, and here he comes from behind.
假动作 噢 漂亮的传球 有了
A fake. Oh, the pass. Here we go.
还有五秒
Five.
约翰逊回传给卡里姆
Johnson back to Kareem.
比赛最后时刻 福德发球给卡里姆
So, it has come down to this. Ford sends it to Kareem.
一个天勾
Skyhook up,
球进了!湖人赢得了比赛!
and good! Lakers win! Score it!
卡里姆·阿布杜尔-贾巴尔帮助湖人队赢得了比赛!
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has given the Los Angeles Lakers a victory!
魔术师约翰逊在场上庆祝
And Magic Johnson is out there celebrating
就像他们当时赢得NCAA冠军一样
like they just won the NCAA Championship.
魔术师欢呼雀跃 我们都很开心
Magic starts running and jumping, and we're all happy and stuff
我们很开心因为我们赢了 魔术师很开心是因为他知道
but we're happy because we won the game. Magic is happy because he could see it.
他看到了冠军的蓝图
He saw the making of a championship team.
我进到更衣室 卡里姆说
[Magic] I get in the locker room, Kareem say,
“新来的 别这么高兴”
"Rookie, don't ever do that again."
我们还有81场比赛呢
We got 81 more games.
[chuckles]
你知道的 如果我们每次赢球
You know, if we-- if we get up to this emotional level
都这么激动的话 我们在圣诞节之前士气就用完了
every time we win, uh, you know, we'll be wasted by, uh, Christmas time.
他指着我 我也指着他
He pointed at me, so I pointed at him.
“如果你再投81个这样的球
"If you ever hit a shot like that 81 more times,
我就扑到你怀里81次”
I'ma jump in your arms 81 more times."
就这样 我们开始赢球了
And all of a sudden, we started to win.
有人让这个城市的梦想成真
[announcer] Someone that has captured the imagination of the country
他就是魔术师约翰逊
is this man, the Magic Man, Mr. Johnson.
他成功改变了我的期望
He made it possible for me to change my image
我们能赢球了 你知道吧 我终于能笑了
in that we started winning. I-- You know, I could start smiling.
[chuckles]
他就是我们要的那个人
He was exactly the player that we needed.
低谷期已经过去 他们将高歌♥猛进
[commentator] Cool is out. Enthusiasm is in.
这可是前所未见的
And isn't it refreshing?
我们每个人互相关心
These guys care for each other.
-我们是个活泼的团体 -哥们
-We're sort of a live group of guys-- -Homeboy.
他就穿了件T恤 快看他 穿了件绸衬衫
He didn't have nothing but a T-shirt on. Now look at him. He's in silk shirts.
看
-Look at him.
-[all laugh]
当湖人队开始赢球的时候
[Snoop Dogg] When them Lakers started winning,
洛杉矶的人们都团结起来了
it united the city of Los Angeles.
每个人都认为他是英雄
So, everybody felt like he was their hero.
我爱上了魔术师约翰逊 我喜欢他在场上打球
I fell in love with Magic Johnson and what he did on the court.
还有他给媒体展示的个人魅力
And the charisma he had out with his media and public.
不只是国内的黑人 黑人孩子 黑人青少年
Not only did Black America, not only the young Black kids, Black teenagers
喜欢上了魔术师约翰逊
fall in love with Magic Johnson.
还有白人也喜欢上了魔术师约翰逊
But white America was falling in love with Magic Johnson.
人们爱上一个黑人 敬佩他 并且被他激励
Falling in love and looking up to and feeling inspired by a Black male,
你懂的 以前从未发生
you know, was almost unheard of.
他们的主场在英格伍德
[Scott] The Forum was in Inglewood.
我住在离那边十四个街区这么远 根本买♥♥不到票
I grew up 14 blocks away and we got no tickets.
我们得想办法溜进去 走地下通道
We gotta figure out a way to sneak in. We were able to run down a tunnel.
躲过警卫
And run past the guards, get into the--
跑进球馆 就为了占个座
you know, get into the Forum and just kinda take seats.
他又来了
[commentator] Here we go again.
我从未见过这样的球员
I've never seen nothing like that.
我从来没见过一个六尺九的球员 在场上持球
I've never seen anybody 6'9", they were bringing the ball up the floor,
掌控节奏 引导进攻
there was control in the tempo, uh, directing the offense.
没人能像他这样打球
[Riley] Nobody played the game like he played it.
他是个奇才 什么位置他都能打
He was an oxymoron. He was-- He could play any position.
他是个六尺九的高控卫
He was a 6'9" point guard,
那个时候绝无仅有的球员
and there wasn't one around at the time.
魔术师手感火热
[commentator] Magic's hot and he knows it.
噢 一个妙传助攻库伯打进
Oh, what a pass to Cooper who scores!
一个盲传
A no-look pass. But--
埃尔文有一手漂亮的盲传
Earvin's gonna make a fantastic no-look pass.