Because we knew how mu--
- 我们知道她的感受 -我们知道她的感受
-We knew how she felt. -We knew how she felt.
-我们知道她很爱他 -是的
-We knew she loved-- she loved him. -Right.
你知道吗 他真的伤了她的心
You know, they just really-- It really devastated her.
你知道 她看见我在和别的女孩约会
You know, she saw that I was dating other people
那对我来说不太好
so it wasn't a good look for me.
她说 “噢 你放下了
'Cause she said, "Oh, you moved on.
行吧 那我也要别人约会了”
Okay, then I'ma start dating other people."
但我不想她这样
And I didn't like that.
我们就吵架了 我说
We got into an argument, and then I said,
“听着 你不能脚踏两条船 你不能约我又约她”
"Listen. It can't be both of us. You know, you can't date her and then me."
他就说 “我那不是约她 但是”
He's like, "I'm not dating her, but--"
我说 “不行 你必须做出选择”
And I said, "No, you gotta choose one or the other."
他说 “我不会选的”
And he said, "I'm not choosing."
然后我就说 “行 那我走”
So I said, "Well, I will. I'm out."
我记得那段时间 我们经常见面
[Fox] I remember back in those days when I used to see him a lot.
我跟他谈话 我说“埃尔文 你知道吗
And we were just standing there talking. I says, "Earvin, do you know,
我们这有个六尺八♥九♥的家伙
there's a 6'8" or 9" kid somewhere in a gym in this country,
他技术和你一样全面
and he's got all your skills.
他可能会比你优秀吗?”
Is he gonna outwork you?"
一年后 我又跟他聊天
A year later, I-- I'm talking to him somewhere,
他说 “教练
and he says, "Hey, Coach.
记得你跟我说的那个家伙吗?那个可能比我强的人”
Remember that story you told me about somebody outworking me?"
他说 “我找到他了”
He says, "I found him."
在我新秀赛季结束前
[Magic] At the end of my freshman season,
他们要选一支由最强大学生组成的
they decide to invite the best college basketball players
美国代表队
to represent the United States.
训练的第一天 我看着他投篮
The first day of practice, I'm watching him shoot,
球球穿心 连续进了起码三十个
and it's nothing but net, like 30 times in a row.
我想 “噢 这哥们是个射手啊”
I'm like, "Whoo. Man, this dude can shoot."
我们刚开始一起打的时候 我不是很了解他
[Bird] I'm going into that game, didn't know much about him.
只知道他是个天赋异禀的球员
Just knew he's a talented basketball player.
他就扛着个大音响
And he was walking around
到处走来走去
with a big music box on his shoulder, everywhere he went.
那个时候我才面对面见到拉里·伯德
That's when I saw Larry Bird up close.
[crowd cheering]
打比赛的时候 我们就在那表演不看人传球
We would get in the game and start throwing no-look passes,
他就在那里投一些中远投
and he'd start hittin' 'em long jump shots.
埃尔文·约翰逊 看哪 噢
[commentator] Earvin Johnson, look at that-- Oh!
有一次我下快攻 给了拉里一个盲传
One time, I came down, threw a no-look to Larry,
他接到 又盲传回来给我
he got it, threw a no-look back to me,
然后我把篮上进 观众们全都欢呼起来
and I laid it up. And the people went nuts.
后来我回来跟所有人说
And, man, after that I went back and told everybody,
“拉里·伯德 货真价实”
"Larry Bird, he's for real."
第二个赛季
The next season,
他带着他的球队拿了个33-0的战绩
he would lead his team to a 33 and 0 season.
33-0
33 and 0.
现在 我们得和那些大十联盟的高手过招了
[Kelser] Now, we had to face a ton of good guys in the Big Ten,
我们从来没有见过想拉里·伯德这样天才的球员
but we had never faced one individual talent like Larry Bird.
伯德像个杀手
[Smith] Bird was an assassin.
他一个人就是一个印第安纳球队
He was a one-man wrecking crew at Indiana State,
魔术师的话
and Magic may, uh--
他们两个人剑拔弩张 他们都是天生的斗士
They may have resented each other early on 'cause they were competitors.
每周的《体育画报》封面都有他
[Magic] He was on the cover of Sports Illustrated, Basketball Weekly.
所有的篮球杂♥志♥
All the basketball magazines.
他是大学年度球员
He was named College Basketball Player of the Year.
我说 “嘿 我才应该当选的 也无所谓了”
I still said, "Hey, probably should've been me, but that's okay."
他肯定这样说
[chuckles] I'm sure he was.
我们其实都能当选的
Uh, as much as we could of each other.
他来的第一年分数高的可怕
The numbers that he was putting up the first year was incredible.
当你看到一个跟你球风很像的球员时
[Magic] It's hard when you can look in the mirror
心里挺难受的
and see a guy that played just like you.
他的好胜心和我一样强
His drive to win was just as high as mine.
他和我一样都是很强的竞争者
He was a competitor like I was a competitor.
那个时候 我觉得我们俩都没想过
[Bird] At that time, I don't think either of us thought
未来会发生什么
about what was gonna happen in the future.
但是我知道从那开始
It was just the start of something I knew that--
我们会经常碰面
that I was gonna be seeing him a lot.
阿肯色州已经取得了14连胜
[commentator] Arkansas is on a 14-game winning streak
这个赛季战绩是25-4
with 25 and 4 this season.
印第安纳州则是31-0
Indiana State 31 and 0.
1979年的时候 我是阿肯色州的州长
[Clinton] In 1979, I was governor of Arkansas.
那是我担任的第一年
It was my first year.
阿肯色州打到了半决赛 对手是印第安纳州
And Arkansas made the tournament, and they were playing Indiana State.
没有人希望阿肯色打赢印第安纳
[chuckles] Nobody wanted to see Arkansas beat Indiana
除了阿肯色的球迷
except the people from Arkansas.
人们都想看决赛的“魔鸟大战”(拉里·伯德的绰号♥是大鸟)
They wanted Bird and Magic in the final.
印第安纳的控球后卫是高年级学生 打的挺好
The point guard for Indiana State, who was a senior and very good,
计时器走完之前 他左手持球
with time running out, he throws the ball into his left hand,
往上一抛 球打板入筐 然后他们赢了
heaves it up. It bounces off the backboard and goes in, and they win.
那时一场不可思议的比赛
It was an unbelievable game. I--
我看着他坐在我旁边 说
And I looked at the guy sittin' with me, and I said,
“上天都想让魔术师和大鸟打总决赛
"God now wants Magic and Larry Bird to play in the final,
我们又怎么能违反天意呢?”
and who are we to defy God's will?"
[crowd cheering]
你将看到印第安纳州大战密歇根州
[Gumbel] It is Indiana State against Michigan State.
我是由布莱恩特·甘博尔 现场的球迷都疯狂了
I'm Bryant Gumbel, and the fans here are going bananas.
NCAA的决赛 密歇根大战印第安纳
[Obama] The NCAA finals between Michigan State and Indiana State
这是一场篮球盛宴
was basketball heaven.
因为你能看到两个篮球天才的对决
Uh, because you had two transcendent talents.
“魔术师” 埃尔文·约翰逊
[commentator] The Magic Man, Earvin Johnson,
迎战来自印第安纳的“大鸟”拉里伯德
against The Bird, Larry Bird, of Indiana State.
人们都在电视上看魔术师和大鸟
You didn't turn on the TV unless they was talking about Magic, Bird.
哪儿都是
It was everywhere.
你能看到魔术师
[West] You had this Magic Man
迎战印第安纳州法兰西力克的“乡下人”拉里·伯德
against the hillbilly from French Lick, Indiana, Larry Bird.
他们两个的吸引力完全不同
And both of 'em had a different-- completely different kind of appeal.
全国上下分成了分成两大派
The country was divided about who they were gonna cheer for.
丝毫不骗人 当时因为这个还有分黑白两派
And let's not kid ourselves, the racial contrasts were there too.
印第安纳州的乡下白人孩子
White kid from Indiana in the country.
还有来自城市的黑人孩子
City, urban Black kid.
两边争得头破血流
Hooking up for all the gold, all the marbles.
到处都在谈论他们
[Hill] Everything was about them
因为这就是个关于相反两派的故事 对吧
because there's a story about opposites that attract, right?
有黑人 有白人 这是相反的
You got a Black guy, and you got a white guy. Opposites.
有密歇根 有印第安纳
You got Michigan State, and you got Indiana State.
他们的打法 也是相反的
Their style of play, opposites.
[crowd cheering]
他们是最好的两个球员
[Kelser] They were the two best players in the country.
只有一个队能 只有一个人能加冕为王
Only one can win, and only one can walk away with the crown.
这种总决赛可遇不可求啊
How many times do you get that matchup for the championship?
今晚 斯巴达将会在与印第安纳激烈的比赛中
[commentator] Tonight the Spartan season concludes with a tense matchup
结束他们的赛季
against undefeated Indiana State.
这将会给拉里·伯德和埃尔文·约翰逊的大学生涯
This will mark Larry Bird's final college appearance
画上浓墨重彩的一笔
and likely the same for Earvin "Magic" Johnson.
即使我们分手了 我还是继续看他的比赛
Even as we broke up, I continued to watch the games
你知道 其实一部分原因是
and, you know, was a part of all of that
因为 我还是爱着他
'cause I-- you know, I was still in love with him.
因为他并没有真正承认他在和别的女孩约会
And he wasn't really acknowledging that he's dating the other girl,
所以我觉得我们迟早会复合的
so I kept thinking maybe we'll get back together.
但是之前他在打NCAA的时候
But by the time they went to the NCAA,
我在看电视 镜头给到观众席
and I'm watching it on TV and I look in the audience,
我看见她的妈妈
and I see his mom in the stands.
还有那个女孩站在她旁边 我备受打击
And she's right next to her. And that just really crushed me.
看着那场比赛 再看到那个女孩
Watching that game and then seeing that girl
我本该坐在她的位置
in the seat that I should've been in.
你知道吧 看着真的很难受
You know, just-- It-- It was tough watching that.
真的挺难受的
It was really tough watching that.
密歇根赢得了跳球
[commentator] Michigan State wins the tip-off
唐纳利拿到了球
with Donnelly in the backcourt.
很多人认为 尽早拿到主动权 将会是获胜的关键
Taking control early, many think, will be crucial to win this game.
我们都知道这是场硬仗
We knew it was gonna be tough