准备好了吗?
[interviewer] Ready?
嗯
Um.
你很开心别人叫你“魔术师”吗?
You-- Are you glad your name's Magic Johnson?
[laughing]
我觉得这种称号♥会给你压力
I would think that puts pressure on you right there.
是啊
Yeah.
女士们先生们 他家喻户晓 人见人爱
[commentator] Ladies and gentleman, you know him, you love him.
有请身披32号♥的埃尔文·魔术师·约翰逊!
Please say hello to Number 32, Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson!
有了!
Here we go!
[people cheering]
-魔术师 -魔术师
-Magic. Magic. -Magic.
魔术师约翰逊 我想变得和他一样
Magic Johnson, that's who I wanna be like.
魔术师约翰逊 他就是辣个男人 篮球神话 体育传奇
Magic Johnson, the man, the myth, the legend.
魔术师约翰逊在场上穿针引线
Magic Johnson was about passing the basketball.
电光火石般传球 眼花缭乱的技巧
Doing so with flash, dash and sizzle.
他面带微笑 乐在其中
Magic did it with a smile. He did it with joy.
他点石成金
People became special around him.
他的队友像是有了魔力
They got their own kind of mythology around themselves,
因为他们和篮球魔法师一队
because they were on the team with this mythological cat.
他打球的方式别具一格
[Abdul-Jabbar] The way he played the game.
他的不看人传球 像是能预知一切
Magic's no-look passes made it seem like he was clairvoyant, you know?
每个人都把NBA的新时代归功于乔丹
Everybody wants to credit Michael Jordan for changing the NBA.
实际上 魔术师约翰逊进入♥联♥盟的那一刻 时代就变了
When Magic Johnson came in, that's when the game changed.
我是芝加哥公牛的球迷 但我得承认
I was a Chicago Bulls fan, but I gotta say,
魔术师很赞
Magic Johnson was pretty good.
他来了!魔术师来了!
[announcer] Here he is! Magic Man.
你懂的 我们是第一名!
And you know that we're number one!
他是群星中最亮的那一颗
[Hill] He was the brightest star in the galaxy of stars.
洛杉矶的球迷经常这样说道
That's saying quite a bit here in Los Angeles.
在洛杉矶 他还是最受欢迎的运动员
[Kimmel] He's still the most popular athlete in Los Angeles.
每个人都喜欢他 没人不喜欢魔术师
He is beloved by everyone in this town. Nobody doesn't like Magic.
他不叫“魔术师” 他真名是小埃尔文·约翰逊
It wasn't "Magic." It was Earvin Johnson Jr.
[people chattering]
如果你仔细听 我会分别说埃尔文和魔术师
[Thomas] And if you notice, I went Earvin and Magic.
这两个是不同的两种人格
Those are two different personalities.
魔术师喜欢有观众
[Magic] Magic loves the crowd,
喜欢作为球员 在球场上打得热火朝天
loves the-- the atmosphere of, uh-- of being a basketball player.
而埃尔文则想远离这些
Earvin likes to get away from that.
埃尔文和魔术师是完全不同的
Earvin and Magic are very different people.
魔术师在摄影机前露出笑脸
Magic is just, like,
in front of the camera, the big smile,
开着玩笑 享受人们的关注
laughing, loving the attention.
埃尔文则缺乏耐心 而且
Earvin's quite impatient and, you know,
他有很强的控制欲
he's the one who's, like, very controlling.
他让你很难堪 不是么
He put you through hell though, didn't he?
我们都不叫他魔术师 他就是埃尔文 或者有时我们叫他别的
None of us call him Magic. He is Earvin and sometimes something else. [laughs]
埃尔文不喜欢失败 他什么都不想输
Earvin don't like to lose. He don't like to lose nothin'.
甚至是下跳棋
I don't care if it's checkers…
对于埃尔文来说 他一直都不喜欢安逸
The thing about Earvin "Magic" Johnson, he never wanted it easy.
我确信在他的生活中 很少东西是唾手可得的
And I'm sure in his life, very few things came easy.
如果你轻而易举地就获得一个好东西
Everything came fast and good to you,
它也能很轻易地被抢走
but it could easily be taken away, just as fast.
他是埃尔文
He's Earvin.
我不叫他魔术师
I don't call him Magic,
因为魔术师只是一个打篮球的角色
'cause Magic is a character that played basketball.
他是个超级英雄
He's like a superhero.
[people cheering]
[buzzer sounds]
如果那是魔术 那我就是魔术师
If that's Magic, I guess that's what I am.
[people cheering]
埃尔文·约翰逊长传!
[commentator] Earvin Johnson passes long!
约翰逊攻击篮筐 他就是最好全美大学生之一 也许没有之一
Johnson drives to the net. One of the best, perhaps the best,
今时今日 他就是最好的球员
all-around college basketball player today.
有流言说 你已经打完了最后一场大学比赛
The rumors say that you've played your last college game
然后准备离开密歇根州
and that you're heading away from Michigan State.
[people chattering]
[applauding]
喂
Yeah.
抬高一点
Scoot this up.
嗯 我想跟我的队友打个招呼
Yeah, I'd like to say, uh,
hello to all my teammates.
[chuckles]
然后 呃 怎么说呢?
And, uh, what's happening?
我想说各位早上好 今天早上挺热的
I'd like to say good morning.
It's a hot morning.
[smacks lips]
我想说
And I'd like to say, um...
这挺艰难的
[clicks tongue] ...it's been rough, you know.
嗯
It's, uh...
我经历了许多
I've been going through a lot, you know.
同学们 社会各界等
Uh, uh, s-- students, you know, the community,
所有人都想知道我要去哪里
everybody wanna know what I'm gonna do, but--
密歇根的球迷会对他们的明星球员
[reporter] Could Michigan State fans lose their star player,
魔术师约翰逊 说再见吗?
Earvin "Magic" Johnson?
在胜利的狂喜和失望的泪水交际之下
With shouts of triumph or tears of disappointment,
人们认为约翰逊会成为本届NBA
many believe Johnson is likely to be the first pick
选秀的状元
in this year's NBA draft.
最有可能选他的是湖人队或者公牛队
The team's best positioned to get him would be the Lakers or the Bulls.
我永远不会忘记大家对这次选秀的热情
I'll never forget how excited everybody was about that draft.
因为我们有机会选到魔术师约翰逊
Because we had a chance to draft Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson.
在1978-1979赛季结束后
[Thorn] You know, at the end of the, uh, '78, '79 season,
两大球队要用抛硬币的形式决定选秀权
two franchises flipped a coin to see who got first pick.
湖人和公牛将会进行这场抛硬币的对决
So, the Lakers and the Bulls were headed for a coin flip.
魔术师的球风会让芝加哥焕发新生
[announcer] Magic's style on the court would breathe new life
前提是他能提前离开大学走上职业道路
into Chicago, if he chooses to leave college early to go pro.
我并没有足够的时间去思考这些
[Magic] I haven't had a lot of time to think about it,
但时间也快到了 所以我得
but I guess this is the deadline so I had to, uh...
今天之内给出答案
[chuckles] ...give the answer up today.
比尔·沙曼跟我谈过一次话
[Thorn] Bill Sharman and I had a conversation.
比尔是湖人队的球队经理 我跟他说
Uh, Bill was, uh, GM of the Lakers, and I said to Bill,
“你觉得我来猜怎么样?”
"Do you mind if we call the flip?"
因为我们让球迷帮我们做决定
Because we're having our fans decide for us
猜正面还是反面
whether we're gonna call heads or tails.
NBA总裁拉里·奥布莱恩准备来执行这次抛硬币
[commentator] With NBA Commissioner Larry O'Brien ready to toss the coin
两队都在电♥话♥那头等待着 而公牛队经理罗德·索恩来猜正反面
and both teams waiting on the phone, Bulls GM Rod Thorn made his call.
我一直都喜欢猜反面
I had always been a tails guy.
球迷跟我们说 “猜正面”
Our fans told us, "Call heads."
来听公牛的决定吧
[O'Brien] Let's have Chicago's call.
-我们选正面 -芝加哥选择了正面
-Uh, Chicago calls heads. -[O'Brien] Chicago calls heads.
总裁在纽约抛硬币
[Thorn] In New York, the commissioner flipped the coin.
对湖人队来说 他就是那个
[West] For the Lakers, this was that one guy
改变整个球队命运的人
that was going to change the destiny of this franchise.
人们称他为“魔术师”的时候
And when somebody gives you a nickname, "Magic",
你在期待什么?
what do you expect?
我们要抛硬币了
[O'Brien] We'll now make the flip.
是反面!
Tails it is!
[shouting and cheering]
一些湖人球迷在休赛期时得到了他们想要的结果
[commentator 1] In the off-season, some Laker prayers are answered.
洛杉矶现在有第一顺位来选择魔术师了
[commentator 2]Los Angeles has first rights to Magic now.
好 嗯 下个赛季
Okay, so, um, next season...
[sighs]
我会 嗯 我会迎难而上
I'll be, uh-- Well, today, I'll be applying for hardship.
我会成为职业球员
I'll be turning pro.
[applause]
现在是正午十二点
[O'Brien] It is now exactly 12:00 noon.
选秀大会正式开始 欢迎所有的球迷到场
The draft is officially open. I want to welcome all the fans
有了你们本次大会才能成功举办
that are gonna join in and help make this draft a success.
[people cheering, whistling]
洛杉矶湖人拥有第一顺位
[O'Brien] The first pick is the Los Angeles Lakers.
洛杉矶湖人选择了埃尔文·魔术师·约翰逊
The Los Angeles Lakers select Earvin "Magic" Johnson,
来自密西根州 身高6尺8 体重200磅
Michigan State, 6'8'', 200 pounds.
来自密歇根州的埃尔文·魔术师·约翰逊
[Cronkite] Earvin "Magic" Johnson of Michigan State,
作为本次NBA选秀的第一顺位
was chosen by the Los Angeles Lakers today,
被洛杉矶湖人队所选择
as the number one pick in the National Basketball Association draft.
我是埃尔文·魔术师·约翰逊
I am Earvin "Magic" Johnson,
但我的出生名是小埃尔文·约翰逊
and, uh-- But I was born Earvin Johnson Jr. [laughs]
Good Times" playing]
当我被选到湖人 飞到洛杉矶的时候
When I got drafted by the Lakers and I got off the plane in LA,
我的天!
oh, my goodness!