你知道的 看着这边 球传到那边 他还有一手背传
You know, look this way, ball goes that way, behind the back.
绕地球一圈 进了
[commentator] Wraparound the world, score!
我传给谁都是盲传 知道吗
[Magic] I'm no-looking to everybody, right?
胯下传球 背后传球
Through the legs, behind the back.
噢 观众们全都疯狂了
Oh, man, and that crowd would just go crazy.
魔术师有范儿 他很酷
[Grant] Magic had swagger. Magic was cool.
你知道吧 他打球很轻松 很有热情
You know, he played with-- with-- with such joy, uh, enthusiasm.
他是我最喜欢的球员
I mean, he was my favorite player.
湖人也变成我最喜欢的球队
The Lakers became my favorite team.
人们仰慕他
People looked up to him.
所有人都敬佩他
People admired him from both sides.
人们都想成为他
People wanted to be him.
每个人都知道魔术师是个开心果 带着笑脸
Everybody knows this Magic, the happy guy. The one who smiles.
我觉得他们可能会想
Uh. I think they-- they-- they might think that,
啥事都不是事儿
you know, nothing ever goes wrong,
他没啥烦恼
or he has no problems.
他每天都面带微笑 无忧无虑
He just smiles every day and, and everything and, um--
但是我也有低落的时候
But I do have low points, and, um,
埃尔文·约翰逊是另一个人
Earvin Johnson is another guy. You know.
魔术师约翰逊是一个人 埃尔文是另一个
Here's Magic over here, and here's Earvin over here.
在那里的第一年 我十分想家
Um, during the first year I was definitely homesick,
所以我的电♥话♥费很高
so my phone bill was extremely high.
他会不停地打电♥话♥给我们
He would call us all the time,
你知道吧 不是今天打就是明天打
you know, just about every day or every other day.
我从来没试过离开我的家庭
[Magic] I've never been without my family.
我的父亲母亲总会来看我的比赛
My father and my mother always been at my games.
以前学校到家只有十五到二十分钟的路程
Always still only 15, 20 minutes away from the college
我还能回家吃上家里做的饭
so I could go home and get a home-cooked meal.
但是现在不行了
I can't do that anymore.
我不能跟我妈妈拥抱了
I can't go get a hug from my mother anymore
也不能听到我的爸爸的谆谆教导了
or just advice from my father face-to-face anymore.
有请最佳新秀 埃尔文·“魔术师”·约翰逊
Here is the rookie sensation, Earvin "Magic" Johnson.
离家这么远打球一定挺难的
[Douglas] Tough when you play away from home.
-不是么? -当然
-Isn't it? -Definitely.
没有家乡的球迷为你加油
Not hearing the home crowd screaming for you.
他们的主场在英格伍德
[Rosen] The Forum was in Inglewood.
埃尔文住的离球馆很近 他的生活挺封闭的
Earvin lived close to Inglewood. He lived sort of an insulated life.
平时他就回到自己的小公♥寓♥里
He would go home and go to his little two-bedroom apartment.
我就一直待在公♥寓♥里
[Magic] I stayed in my apartment all the time
因为我挺害怕的
because I was scared.
我对洛杉矶很恐惧 因为洛杉矶真的太大了
I was still scared of LA because LA was so big.
你的社交情况怎么样?
How's the social life out here?
努力工作之余
I mean, I know you work hard,
-嗯 -有时也能出去玩会
-Yeah. -but there's playtime too.
对 也有娱乐时间
Right, there's playtime.
我是那种警戒心很强的人
I was very much a guy who was guarded,
诺姆·尼克森跟我说要保持谨慎
and Norm Nixon told me to watch out for people.
每个人都心怀鬼胎
Everybody was trying to, um,
都想偷偷打听信息 还有那些别的球员 我说“行”
get to know, you know, the athletes, and so I say, "Okay."
你得时刻警惕
You have to watch so much.
必须得弄清楚
Then you have to find out with--
人们是不是真心地?他们会不会与你交心?
Are the people real? Do they want you for you?
到底能否暂时忽略篮球 你知道吧
Can you go out and just forget about ball, you know?
很难 太难应对了
It's really hard. It's really hard.
祝你好运 也祝湖人队好运
Good luck to you and to the Los Angeles Lakers.
-很高兴来做客 -谢谢
-Nice being here. -Thanks for being with us.
埃尔文·“魔术师”·约翰逊 谢谢你
Mr. Earvin "Magic" Johnson. Thank you, sir.
他只是个来自密歇根的年轻人
Here was this fresh young man from Michigan,
嗯 他不相信陌生人
and, um, he couldn't trust people.
他来湖人的第一年
But that first year in Los Angeles,
杰里·巴斯买♥♥下了这支队
Jerry Buss bought the team.
在1979年 杰里·巴斯博士的
[radio host] In 1979, Dr. Jerry Buss's dreams
球队梦想成真了 他创纪录地花了6750万美元
of sports ownership became reality when he spent a record $67.5 million
买♥♥下了洛杉矶湖人队 洛杉矶国王队(冰球队) 还有他们的主场
on the LA Lakers, the LA Kings and their lucrative venue, the LA Forum.
他知道我离家很远 他说“嘿 小伙子
He knew I was a long way from home, and he said, "Hey, young man.
等训练营结束回来
When we get back from training camp,
星期六吧 我要你跟我一起看一场USC(南加里福尼亚大学)的橄榄球赛
one Saturday I want you to come, and we gonna stand on the sideline
还是场边位”
of a USC game.
[crowd cheering]
自从那次我们去看那场橄榄球赛之后
Once he-- we went to the first USC football game,
我们就开始一起玩了
that's when we started really hanging out.
比赛结束后我们一起吃晚餐
We started having lunch and dinners after the Laker games.
他会说餐厅见
He would say meet him at this restaurant.
我就跟他在那碰面 一起吃饭 聊天
So I would go meet him there, and we would break bread together, talk.
然后他说 “要不来我家吧
And then he just starts saying, "Hey, come on over to the house.
你有我家的大门密♥码♥ 随时欢迎
You have the gate pad number. You can come anytime you want.
然后我就经常去他那里
And so I started going over there all the time.
我们打好几个小时的桌球 打发时间
We played pool at his house for hours, and he sort of filled the void.
我跟他到一旁 聊聊天 我说
[Christine] I took him aside, and I talked with him. And I said,
“请问你能好好照顾我的宝贝儿子吗?”
"Will you please look out after my baby for me?"
巴斯说 “约翰逊女士” 他说 “我会好好地照顾他的”
Dr. Buss said, "Mrs. Johnson," he said, "I will take care of him."
我安心了很多 你知道吧
I felt more comfortable, you know,
得知他有朋友能谈心 有朋友能
knowing that he had someone that he could talk to, someone that would,
嗯 照顾他
um, you know, take care of him.
他们变得十分亲近
[West] Well, it became extremely close.
他像是杰里的干儿子
He was like Jerry's surrogate son.
毋庸置疑 他是他最喜欢的人
He was the apple of his eye, that's for sure.
约翰逊突然出现
[commentator] Johnson from outta nowhere.
太阳队轻松抢断 他们要上篮了 魔术师约翰逊拒绝快攻
The Suns took it easy. They had the layup. And Magic Johnson just refused to give up,
反过来打内线 给到卡里姆 成功打进
comes back inside, gives it to Kareem. That might do it.
独特魅力 这是年轻人们所拥有的东西
[commentator] Charisma, that's what the young fella's got.
他的新秀赛季堪称完美
He's had an excellent rookie season.
洛杉矶湖人成为了
The Los Angeles Lakers are the new champions
新科西部冠军 卡里姆·阿布杜尔-贾巴尔狂砍38分
of the Western Conference as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar pours in 38 points.
魔术师约翰逊得到20分
Magic Johnson adds 20.
我很激动
[Magic] I'm going crazy.
想想 去年我刚刚赢得了NCAA的冠军
Like, I just won the NCAA championship the year before,
而现在我在新秀赛季就打进了NBA总决赛
and now I'm actually going to the NBA Finals my rookie season.
天哪!
Ah!
洛杉矶湖人队已经有八个赛季
It's been eight seasons since the NBA championship has been a part
和NBA冠军无缘了
of the LA sports scene.
湖人队的目标是赢得季后赛的胜利
The style of the Lakers has always been to make the play-offs
但是往往都折戟在总决赛之前
but somehow fold in or before the Finals.
我记得我们一直在加油打气
I remember we kept pumping each other up,
“好 我们一定能行 我们得拿下”
"Okay. We gotta do this. We gotta do that."
嗯 在开打前的一个星期 联盟公布了最佳新秀的投票结果
Well, earlier that week, the voting for the Rookie of the Year came out.
我想应该有悬念 但是并没有 我很震惊
I thought it would be close. It wasn't close. I was shocked.
你知道的 我看到拉里·伯德以巨大优势获胜的时候
You know, when I learned that Larry Bird had won by a wide margin,
我心里不是滋味
I didn't like it.
人们对我第一个赛季的看法是
Everybody always said about me my first year,
“嗯 他传球很好 他能串联团队 但是拉里·伯德是个更好的得分手”
"Oh, he can pass. He can run a team, but Larry Bird is a much better scorer."
我坐在那心想 “我也能得分啊 但那不是我的角色”
I was sitting there saying to myself, "I can score, but that's not my role."
我一直都不喜欢这种论调
I didn't like hearing that all the time.
反之 我要化悲愤为力量 尽力去打总决赛
And so, you got me fired up going into the NBA Finals.
费城76人和波士顿凯尔特人交手了五次 赢了四次
[commentator] Philadelphia beat the Boston Celtics four out of five.
朱利叶斯·欧文单核带队 他场均能拿到25分
Julius Erving carried the load. He averaged 25 a game.
J博士(朱利叶斯·欧文的称号♥)将成为他们冠军路上的拦路虎
The Doctor will be the man they'll have to go to.
他们是一支强队 有J博士 还有“巧克力炸♥弹♥”
They had a real good team. Dr. J, when they had Chocolate Thunder,
达里尔·道金斯
Darryl Dawkins.
我现在是76人的球迷
Now, I was a Philadelphia 76ers fan.
我墙上还挂着J博士经典手势的海报
I'd had a Dr. J poster on my wall.
我支持费城 我是J博士的球迷
I was pulling for Philly. I was a Dr. J fan.
我们希望他能拿一个冠军 但不是在这一场
We all wanted him to win a championship but not against us.
拿到球 道金斯持球突破扣篮
[commentator] …underway. Controlled by Dawkins who'll break free.
那是一个有来有回的系列赛
It was a back-and-forth, up-and-down series.
我们严阵以待面对费城
We knew we had our hands full with Philadelphia,
我们有一个优势 那就是放眼联盟
but the one thing that was going in our favor was nobody
没人能防得住卡里姆
in the league could stop Kareem.
卡里姆转身 道金斯跟不上
[commentator] Kareem moving the other way, Dawkins can't--
-他势不可挡 -我跟全队说
-[Magic] He was just unstoppable. -I spoke to the team. I told 'em,
“听着 我要做好我的事”