They would take us to Masada.
他们要带我们去马萨达
It was like a dream.
那里简直宛如梦境
It was everything they had said,
跟他们描述的一模一样
but all the more brilliant.
但更加雄伟壮丽
So near to the sky,
跟天空如此接近
we could hear the voice of Adonai.
我们几乎能听到上帝的圣音
He had saved us...
他拯救了我们
...and delivered us to Masada.
并把我们送到了马萨达
Ya-ya! Ya-ya!
雅雅 雅雅
Yaya! Amram!
雅雅 阿姆拉姆
Oh! It's so good to see you.
见到你真是太好了
Father! My son!
父亲 我的儿子
It took so long to find you.
我们花了好久才找到你们
We're one of the last holdouts in Judea.
我们是朱迪亚最后的抵抗军了
The Romans are destroying our people everywhere.
罗马人在四处残害我们的人
That's Eleazar Ben Ya'ir,
那是以利亚撒·本·亚伊尔
Our leader.
我们的领袖
It's an honor to follow him.
能追随他是种荣誉
He's not afraid of the angel of death,
他不惧怕死神
and he'll be no man's slave.
也不会做任何人的奴隶
And that's your new home.
那就是你们的新家了
First show me to the warriors' barracks.
先带我看看战士们的营房♥
You've been assigned to take care of our weaponry.
你的任务是看守武器
What?
什么
Father, this is war.
父亲 这是战争
Am I a toothless old woman?!
我是老弱妇孺吗
My own son betrays me, huh?
我的亲儿子都要背叛我吗
I'll take care of him.
我会去劝他的
It's so good to see you.
见到你真好
And you.
你也是
Father!
父亲
She didn't realize it was me.
她没认出我来
But my heart was full when I saw her.
但我看到她时 整颗心都被填满了
You must have been surprised.
你一定很吃惊
This was Yael, the child that you left behind.
这就是雅艾尔 你当初抛下的孩子
I had loved her like my own.
我视她如同己出
I couldn't believe it was her.
我不敢相信真是她
Destiny had brought her back to me.
命运把她带回了我身边
It's not a bad house.
这房♥子还不算糟
It's bad enough I have to eat your food.
我得吃你弄的东西就已经够糟了
I was told to come here.
有人让我来的
Yes, my mother sent for you.
对 是我母亲派人去找你的
You are Yael.
你是雅艾尔
Our new dove keeper.
我们新的养鸽女
I'm Aziza.
我是阿其扎
Come in.
进来吧
My mother was right to choose you.
我母亲选择你是对的
You have a way with birds.
你很会应对鸟儿们
I wonder how a lioness will manage in a dovecote.
我在想一头母狮如何能适应鸽舍
Can you put away your teeth and your claws?
你能收起你的利爪和尖牙吗
Hardly a lioness.
那就不算是母狮了
You're not too good to use a shovel, are you?
你不会能干得连铲子都会用吧
Even a lioness has to work.
即便是母狮也得工作
Here.
给
Put these on.
穿上
Thank you.
谢谢
That's good, Yael.
很好 雅艾尔
You put the droppings in the basket,
把鸟粪倒进篮子里
And then we use them to fertilize the fields.
然后我们会拿去给田地施肥
Do you have family here with you?
你在这里有家人吗
Just my father and brother Amram.
只有我父亲和我哥哥阿姆拉姆
Amram's your brother?
阿姆拉姆是你哥哥
You know him? Yes.
你认识他吗 认识
Everybody does.
人人都知道他
He's a great warrior.
他是个很棒的战士
Are you all right?
你还好吗
You've been in the desert a long time.
你在沙漠里待了太长时间了
You're weak.
你很虚弱
No, I'm fine.
不 我没事
Go home and rest.
回去休息吧
Do as she says.
照她说的做吧
My mother knows these things.
我母亲了解这些事
Was any thought given to Rome at this point?
你们当时有考虑过罗马人吗
They'd already wiped out every village and town in Judea.
他们已经清空了朱迪亚的所有村镇
You think they'd just forget about Masada
你们以为他们会忘了马萨达
and go away?
直接走开吗
We felt safe in Masada.
我们在马萨达感到很安全
I remember when Flavius Silva came to Rome.
我记得弗拉菲乌斯·希尔瓦回到罗马时
He paraded his slashed face for all to see,
他扬着受伤的脸 让所有人都能看到
And I knew then that Judea was doomed.
当时我就知道 朱迪亚完蛋了
It was personal.
那是他的个人恩怨
It's always personal.
一直都是个人恩怨
Did you think he would forget your brother's face, Yael?
你以为他会忘了你哥哥的脸吗 雅艾尔
No, not for a moment.
不会 一刻都不会
He was gonna make every last Jew pay for that.
他会让所有犹太人为此付出代价
They all had your brother's face now.
现在他们都熟知你哥哥的脸了
The Romans sent out scouts
罗马人派出了斥候
to look for Jews hiding in the desert.
去寻找躲在沙漠里的犹太人
Our warriors attacked their camps.
我们的士兵袭击了他们的营地
And when they were successful,
他们得手后
they took everything they could.
带走了能带走的一切
One of the spoils of war was the giant of a man with...
其中一个战利品是个魁梧的男人
with long white hair,
有着长长的白发
Taken from his land and made prisoner.
从他的故乡被捉走 成了囚徒
One destined to become a slave no doubt.
无疑 他注定要成为奴隶
The slave was ordered
那奴隶被指派来
to work with us in the dovecote and in the fields.
跟我们一起在鸽舍和田间劳作
He wasn't chained,
他没有戴镣铐
But he wasn't a free man, either.
但他也不是自♥由♥人
We remained hopeful because our warriors
我们仍怀有希望 因为我们的战士
often came back victorious from these raids.
常常会偷袭成功
More Romans have fallen into our hands.
有更多罗马人死在了我们手里
What was theirs
曾经属于他们的
is now ours.
现在是我们的了
We owe our victory to courageous warriors
我们的胜利要归功于勇敢的战士们
like Amram!
比如阿姆拉姆
Son of Joseph Bar Elhanan.
约瑟夫·巴尔·伊勒哈南之子
But most of all...
但最重要的是
...our victory is due to our God.
我们的胜利是由于上帝的赐福
Baruch hashem.
感谢上帝
Baruch hashem! Baruch hashem!
感谢上帝 感谢上帝
Take him to the prison.
带他去监狱
Aqua... Aqua...
水 水
He asks for water.
他要水
I don't speak Roman. Why do you have to treat him
我不懂罗马语 就算他真是罗马人
like that even if he is a Roman?
你有必要这么对他吗
He's not a Roman.
他不是罗马人
They took him from his homeland.
他是被他们从家乡抓走的
You're too softhearted, little sister.
你太心软了 小妹妹
It will get you into trouble.
这会为你惹来麻烦的
Take him.
带上他
They gave him to us to do the heavy work.
他们是让他来给我们干重活的
He's a savage.
他是个野蛮人
Between the three of us, we'll soon tame him.
我们三个私下说 我们很快会驯化他的
Do you understand what we're saying?
你能听懂我们的话吗
Take him to the field.
带他去田里
He'll carry the baskets.
他来拿篮子
Come.
走吧
You were lonely, you needed someone.
你很孤独 你需要一个人
No, that wasn't it.
不 不是那样