All that would ever be
所有会发生的
had already been written before it happened.
在发生前都早已被写好了
My name is Flavius Josephus.
我叫弗拉菲乌斯·约瑟夫
Rome has ordered that you tell me your story.
罗马帝国命你们向我讲述你们的经历
You will remain my prisoners
你们会作为我的囚犯
until you've told me what really happened in Masada.
直到你们把在马萨达发生的事都告诉我
So tell me the truth.
现在告诉我真♥相♥吧
Tell me your story.
告诉我你们的经历
And do not, on any account,
无论如何 都不要
ever waste my time.
浪费我的时间
All that interests me
我唯一有兴趣的
is the truth.
只有真♥相♥
Your lives
你们的性命
depend upon it.
都仰仗于此了
So...
那么...
Let us begin.
我们开始吧
You may sit.
你们可以坐下
You.
你
Start.
开始吧
My name is Shirah.
我叫希拉
I was born in Alexandria, in Egypt.
我出生在埃及的亚历山大港
Your parents?
你的父母呢
My mother was sent from Jerusalem
我母亲从耶路撒冷被发配来
and trained as a holy woman.
被培养成了一名圣妇
I never knew my father.
我从没见过我父亲
A holy woman?
圣妇
.
她是个妓♥女♥
Outlawed by the temple.
被寺庙驱逐出来
Some call them
有人叫她们
whores.
婊♥子♥
They feared the power of women like my mother.
他们惧怕像我母亲那种女人的能力
She taught me all there was to know of this world.
她教了我这世上所有该知道的事
And the world to come.
还有即将到来的世界
She knew she would not survive.
她知道她无法幸免于难
Before she sent me away,
在她送走我之前
she gave me these amulets.
她给了我这串护身符
I never saw her again.
此后我再没见过她
And what of your story?
到底你的经历是什么
That is why you are here.
这些只是你被找来的原因
It was in the city of Jerusalem that my fate awaited me.
我的命运就在耶路撒冷那座城市等待着我
Everywhere I walked,
无论我走到哪里
my fate walked with me...
命运都跟随着我...
Sewn to my feet.
紧随我的脚步
My mother sent me to Jerusalem
我母亲让我去了耶路撒冷
because she thought I would be safe there.
因为她认为我在那里会很安全
I stayed with a distant cousin of hers
我和她的一位远方表亲住在一起
and took care of his children:
帮忙照看他的孩子
a boy named Amram
一个叫阿姆拉姆的男孩
and a girl named Yael.
和一个叫雅艾尔的女孩
My name is Yael.
我叫雅艾尔
My mother died as I was born.
我母亲生我的时候死了
I was taken from her womb,
她的子♥宫♥被一把锋利的刀切开
cut out with a sharp knife.
我从里面被取了出来
I could hear my father's roar of grief.
我几乎能听到父亲悲伤的哀号♥
They say that a child
人们说像你这样
born of a dead woman, like you,
被一个死去的女人生下的孩子
is touched by the angel of death.
是被死神触碰过的
No one wants you.
人人都避之不及
Well, surely your father wanted you.
你父亲肯定不会这样吧
What was his name?
他叫什么名字
Joseph Bar Elhanan.
约瑟夫·巴尔·伊勒哈南
My birth stole my mother from him.
我的降生把我母亲从他身边偷走了
He never let me forget.
他从没让我忘记过这点
He hated me.
他恨我
So who looked after you?
那是谁照顾你的呢
No one.
没有人
Not until a young servant girl
直到一个从亚历山大港来的女仆
came from Alexandria.
来到我家
She was a nursemaid, but to me, she was a mother.
她是个保姆 但于我而言 她是个母亲
Master, Yael is hungry.
主人 雅艾尔饿了
Get her out of my sight.
别让我看见她
Come with me, little one.
跟我来 小家伙
Let's get some food.
我们去吃点东西
Amram, mm.
阿姆拉姆 给
You're beautiful.
你真美
You're like a little angel.
你就像个小天使
Do you want me to sing you a song?
想不想我唱首歌♥给你听
**Sh'ma Yis'ra'eil*
*倾听吧 以色列人
**Adonai eloheinu*
*主是我们的上帝
**Adonai echad*
*主是唯一的
**Barukh sheim k'vod*
*祝福是他荣誉之国的名字
**L'olam va'ed*
*直至永远
Can you hum it with me, Yael?
能跟我一起哼吗 雅艾尔
Eleazar, my love.
以利亚撒 我的爱人
What will your family say?
你的家人会怎么说
Your wife... she will never accept it.
你的妻子 她永远不会接受的
Eleazar,
以利亚撒
I could never share you with anyone else.
我不能跟别人分享你
My true wife.
我真正的爱妻
Zonah!
娼妇
I hired a nursemaid to take care of my child,
我雇的是能照顾我孩子的保姆
not a whore who gets herself pregnant by a married man! Out!
不是被有妇之夫搞大肚子的婊♥子♥ 滚
Out! No!
滚 不
I must talk to the child.
我要跟孩子说两句
You cannot deny me that.
你不能拒绝我这个要求
I saved this for you.
我给你留了这个
Yael, listen to me.
雅艾尔 听我说
Faith willing,
你要相信
one day, we shall see each other again.
总有一天我们会再相见的
Out.
出去
So...
这么说...
you seduced a married man,
你勾引了一名已婚男子
Eleazar Ben Ya'ir.
以利亚撒·本·亚伊尔
That's a grave transgression.
那可是重罪
What was the judgment of the elders?
元老团作出了什么判决
They cast me out of Jerusalem
他们将我赶出了耶路撒冷
and sent me to the desert to die.
送我去沙漠自生自灭
Such is the penalty for adultery.
这就是对通奸罪的惩罚啊
His wife deserved justice.
他的妻子理应得到公道
Do you agree with that?
这你同意吗
So was it your fate that you would have Eleazar's baby
那就是你的命运吗 注定要怀着以利亚撒之子
all alone out there in the wilderness?
在荒漠中独自求生
No.
不
That was my choice.
那是我自己的选择
So...
那么...
with Shirah gone, who then was your protector?
希拉走后 是谁在庇护你
Your brother.
你的哥哥
Ah, he must have been your father's favorite.
他一定是你父亲最疼爱的孩子
Did you resent him for that?
你有因此而怨恨过他吗
Amram was brave and beautiful
阿姆拉姆勇敢 英俊
and gentle.
温文尔雅
Yes, but he became
是的 可他却成了
an assassin, like your father,
一名刺客 像你父亲一样
I was afraid he would be killed.
我很担心他会被杀
"I cannot renounce our faith, Ya-ya" he said.
他说"我不能放弃我的信仰 雅雅"
I admired him for that.
为此我很敬佩他
Ya-ya?
雅雅
His pet name for me.
他对我的昵称
So, just a gentle boy who burned for justice.
这么说 他只是个渴望正义的温婉男孩
We know how this all began.
我们都知道这一切是如何开始的