剧集 | 英文系主任(2021) | 导航列表
好
Okay.
别说任何挑衅的话
Don't say anything provocative.
我不会让祖国蒙羞
I will not embarrass the Fatherland.
你知道自己惹上了多大♥麻♥烦吗
You get how much trouble you're in?
知道我惹上了多少次真正的麻烦吗
Know how many times I've been in trouble for real shit?
这是我第一次惹上蠢得离谱的麻烦
For once, I'm in trouble for something demonstrably stupid.
-你必须认真对待 -我很认真 我会认真的
You have to take this seriously. - I am. I will.
这是怎么回事
What is going on here?
我叫你振作起来
I told you to pull it together.
我故意衣冠不整 因为我喜欢你为我整理
I left it crooked 'cause I like it when you fix me up.
你好香啊
You smell good.
拜托 听听他们的意见 好吗
Please, be receptive to their input, okay?
没错 我不打算证实 这荒谬至极的整个程序是有道理的
Yeah, I'm not about to validate the total absurdity of this proceeding.
我不是纳粹分子
I'm not a Nazi.
你觉得拿纳粹开玩笑合适吗
Do you think it's acceptable to joke about Nazis?
不 但那确实让我想起有一次 两个纳粹分子走进一家酒吧…
No, but that does remind me of this time when two Nazis walked into a bar--
对于这种情况 我们有直截了当的处理规程
We have a straightforward protocol for this sort of situation.
你们两个写一份道歉声明
The two of you, you work on a statement of apology,
然后会发布到所有相关平台上
and then we post it on all relevant platforms.
对不起 你叫什么来着
I'm sorry, what's your name again?
-罗尼 -对 那位是罗尼
Ronny. - Yeah, that's Ronny.
罗尼是通讯部门主任
Ronny. He's, chief of communications.
有些人称之为危机管理或名誉管理
Some people call it crisis management, or reputation management.
我拒绝跟别人共同写作
I don't co-write.
那你觉得我们该怎么处理
How do you suggest that we handle this then?
-我要跟他们谈谈 -跟那个谈
I'm gonna talk to them. - To who?
-"跟哪个" -"跟哪个"
"To whom." - "To whom."
学生们
The students.
-不行 -我不建议那么做
No, no, no. No, no, no. - I wouldn't advise that.
我有终身教职
I'm tenured.
你不能限制我在自己课堂上的行为
You can't constrain my actions in my own classroom
或我在校园里的讲话
or my speech on this campus
除非我违反了院系行为守则
unless I'm in violation of the faculty code of conduct,
而我没有
which I'm not.
大学应该鼓励异议
Universities are supposed to encourage dissent.
我们应该为这些孩子感到骄傲
We should be proud of these kids.
他们就是会这么做
This is what they do.
事实上 我还在上本科的时候
In fact, when I was an undergrad,
我为了支持南非撤资运动 光着屁♥股♥坐在那张桌子上
I sat bare-ass on that very desk for South African divestment.
我们去买♥♥卡布奇诺拿铁不
Are we gonna get that cappuccino latte?
我们还有几件事要讨论
There are still a couple things we have to discuss.
我一会儿去找你
I'll catch up with you later.
好
Okay.
这事已经在社交媒体上炸开锅了
This is already all over social media.
主席开始接到赞助人和校友的电♥话♥
The president is starting to get calls from donors and alumni.
要是不马上解决问题
If it's not resolved immediately,
他可能会要求比尔辞职
I wouldn't be surprised if he asks for Bill's resignation.
-不 他会道歉的 -他没有表现出丝毫歉意
No, he's going to apologize. - He doesn't seem remotely apologetic.
我可以保证在我们下一场对话后
Well, I can guarantee that after our next conversation,
他会满心懊悔
he will be filled with remorse.
等等
Wait up.
我喜欢你摆出一副上司架子的时候
I like when you act like you're my boss.
-你在里面的表情太酷了 -我就是你上司
You should've seen your face in there. - I am your boss.
好 那你今晚要做什么 女上司
Okay. Well, then what are you doing tonight, boss lady?
-能约你出去吃晚餐吗 -你有什么毛病
Can I take you out for dinner? - What's the matter with you?
不 你现在不能约我出去
No, you cannot ask me out right now.
这是严重的纪律问题
This is a serious disciplinary matter.
所以我要让人力资源部的小文员 替我写道歉信
So I'm gonna let some paper pusher from HR write an apology for me?
这是在伤害我的学生 他们远远就能闻到我的失职了
That's a disservice to my students. They'd smell that coming a mile away.
知道他们远远还能闻到什么吗
Know what else they'll smell coming a mile away?
你身上这种傲慢气息
This little streak of arrogance you got going on here.
老天啊 我不是纳粹分子 好吗 我难道不可以…
For Chrissake, I'm not a Nazi, okay? Am I not allowed--
这跟你是不是纳粹分子无关
This is not about whether you're a Nazi.
重点是你这个人 是不是在面对这种事情的时候
It's about whether you're one of those men who, when something like this happens,
以为拍拍屁♥股♥就能脱身
thinks he can dust himself off and just walk away
不会摊上任何后果
without any fucking sense of consequence.
就是说拒绝跟我吃晚餐吗
That a "no" on dinner?
小亚有8000个推特粉丝了
Yaz hit 8,000 Twitter followers,
我把这事发到了院系网站上
so I posted that to the department's website.
你发了她赢得 国家人文学术基金会奖金的事吗
You posted she won the NEH Fellowship? - Yep.
发了 不幸的是 关于乔恩办公室的事 我没辙了
And unfortunately, I'm coming to a dead end in terms of Joan's office.
一定有办法的
There's gotta be something we can do.
我…
I--
谢谢你 劳丽 我要跟莱拉聊聊
Hi. Thanks, Laurie I wanna talk to Lila for a second.
进来吧
Come on in.
我知道看起来我一直在无视你
I know it seems like I have been ignoring you,
但只是情况太混乱了
but it's just been chaos.
别忘了你晚餐有约
Don't forget, you have that dinner tonight.
该死 是什么活动
Crap. What is that again?
在院长家 也许是关于整件…
At the dean's house. Maybe it's about the whole…
好了 谢谢你 劳丽 谢谢
Thanks. Thanks, Laurie. Thanks.
我有个在威斯康辛的朋友 叫莎拉 她的指导老师被控骚扰
My friend Sarah at Wisconsin, her adviser got accused of harassment,
到头来他的推荐信变成了废纸
and his recommendation ended up being worthless.
-没人认为多布森是纳粹分子 -我欠了一大堆学生债务
Nobody thinks Bill Dobson's a Nazi. - I have a mountain of student debt.
他开了个无聊的玩笑 他准备道歉
It was a bad joke, and he is about to apologize.
有人一直打电♥话♥给我
People have been calling me.
什么人
What people?
记者
Reporters.
-我该说什么 -天啊 什么都别说
What should I say? - My God, don't say anything.
如果事态变严重 可能会把我们害得很惨
If this gets big, it could… it could really hurt us.
你也会是受害者
I mean, that means you too.
毫无疑问 "白鲸记"原本很失败
Moby-Dick was a failure, of course.
批评家讨厌它 梅尔维尔在默默无闻中死去了
Critics hated it, and Melville died in obscurity,
他在给朋友纳撒尼尔·霍桑的信件中 也预测了这种凄凉的场景
as he himself had predicted in letters to his friend, Nathaniel Hawthorne,
这本书正是他献给霍桑的
to whom he dedicated the book.
直到1920年代 作品才被重新审视 成为了影响深远的大♥师♥之作…
Not until the 1920s was it reappraised as the seminal master--
我们要讨论 梅尔维尔打老婆这件事吗
Are we going to discuss the fact that Melville was a wife-beater?
确实有女权主义学者做出这种假设
It is true that some feminist scholars have posited that,
但在没有绝对证据的情况下
but in the absence of definitive proof,
我觉得我们最好把注意力放在原文上
well, I-- I think it's best we attend to the text itself.
我们关心的是梅尔维尔这位作者 而不是梅尔维尔这个人
We're concerned with Melville the author, not Melville the human being.
但你刚刚提到了梅尔维尔这个人
But you just referred to Melville the human being.
说他给霍桑写私人信件
His personal letters to Hawthorne?
我想提出的观点是他的… 他与霍桑的友谊…
I was only making the point that his, his friendship with Hawthorne was,
是他作为作者的成长历程中 很重要的一方面
was an important aspect of his growth as a writer.
你是认真的吗
Come on, are you serious?
直到1920年代
It was not until the 1920s
小说占据了属于它的一席之地 成为了…
that the novel took its rightful place as the--
我们会在我的课上讨论打老婆的事
We'll cover the wife-beating in my section.
还会讨论梅尔维尔生命中的女人
That, as well as some important contributions to Melville's work
对他的作品的重要贡献
by the women in his life.
无限期
Indefinitely?
谁告诉你的
Who told you that?
无限期的意思是"直到进一步通知"
Indefinitely just means "until further notice."
能帮我把这些传♥单♥ 贴到这里和校园各处吗
You wanna help me put thesexa0flyers up in here and around campus?
我通过黑板平台给全班发邮件就好了
I could send an email to the class through Blackboard.
这事不止是影响了班上的学生
It's gone way beyond just the students in our class.
你男人完蛋了
Your boy's toast.
猜猜还怎么着 那儿没有无线网络
Guess what else? There is no Wi-Fi.
天啊
Jesus Christ.
-你联♥系♥技术支持部门了吗 -我已经留了700条信息
You tried tech support? - I've already left 700 messages.
我现在正要去那边
I'm on my way over there right now.
你想来吗 利用一下你的大权
Do you wanna come? Pull your weight?
我要去说服伦兹 但我今晚会把这事告诉拉尔森
I gotta go nudge Rentz. But I will bring it up to Larson tonight.
我很抱歉 乔恩 我…
I'm… I'm so sorry, Joan, I…
这样吧 你想来这里办公吗 我可以清理一下这些破东西
You know what? You wanna work here? I can move some of this crap.
不用了
Nah.
你看了学生评价没
You look at your evaluations yet?
看了
Yes.
他们怎么说
And what did they say?