剧集 | 英文系主任(2021) | 导航列表
你女儿是哥伦比亚大学的"新人"吧
Your daughter's a freshman at Columbia, right?
-新生 -新生
Freshperson. - Freshperson.
要是没了薪水 你能负担得起学费吗
Will you be able toxa0afford that without a salary?
就算有薪水 我也负担不起
I can't afford it with a salary.
我可以确保你得到被欠的钱
I can make sure you get what you're owed.
你可以在纽约买♥♥一间小公♥寓♥
You could buy a little apartment in New York.
去全新的城市怎么样 你的遗愿清单上有哪些目的地
What about a brand-new city? What destinations are on your bucket list?
我一直想看看希♥特♥勒♥的度假山庄
I've always wanted to see Hitler's mountain retreat.
我就敞开了跟你说吧 多布森教授
I'm going to be very frank with you, Professor Dobson.
随便你怎么处理
Do with it what you will.
你的谋生能力正受到威胁
Your ability to make a living is in jeopardy.
因为他有终身教职 这部分的内容是适用的
Given that he's tenured, here are the portions that apply.
"不服从 不道德 缺乏协作
"Insubordination, immorality, a lack of collegiality,
不道德行为及/或行为不得体"
unethical conduct, and/or conduct unbecoming."
缺乏协作 那太模糊了
Lack of collegiality? That's very vague.
-我建议我们这么处理 -处理
Here's how I suggest we play this. - Play?
你会从学生书面证词上读出
You'll read fromxa0the affidavit alleging
在课室和市镇厅发生的事情…
what took place in the classroom and town hall--
我不明白 这应该是院长做的
The dean should be the one to do that.
因为拉尔森院长要主持听证会
It'd be better if Dean Larson, as the one presiding over the hearing,
我们觉得不应该由他来举证
didn't also have to present the evidence.
-你整理好学生投诉了吗 -我还没打印出来
Have you compiled the student complaints? - I haven't printed them out yet.
有多少人
How many are there?
挺多的
Quite a lot.
但我也收到了 对比尔表示强烈支持的信件
But I've also received some strong endorsements of Bill,
都来自这几年来 从他的教学中获益匪浅的学生
students who have been deeply impacted by his teaching over the years.
这…
This…
这变成了…
This has become a…
...严重的声誉问题
…a serious reputational matter.
不仅影响彭布罗克的声誉 也影响了你个人的声誉
Not only for Pembroke, but for you personally.
我们会想出一种说法
What we are trying to do here is create a narrative
让你重新和学生站到同一战线 重新获得他们的信任
that will allow you to realign with your students, regain their trust.
因为现在看起来
Because right now, the perception is that you are defending your boyfriend
你像是在维护男友 在教室里踢着正步演纳粹的行为
who goose-stepped his way across a classroom.
你见到乔恩了吗
Have you seen Joan?
-我看到她和大家一起在休息室里 -大家是谁
I saw her in the lounge with everyone. - Who's everyone?
伦茨 麦克海尔 小亚 他们在开会
Rentz, McHale, Yaz. They were in a meeting.
什么会整个系都在那儿吗
What meeting? Was it the whole department?
智允 刚刚"纽♥约♥时♥报♥"的人 打电♥话♥来了
Ji-Yoon, someone from the New York Times just called.
-问比尔的事 -不 是问你的事
About Bill? - No, about you.
他们要求采访你 要聊禁言令的事情
They're asking to interview you about the gag order.
-什么 -"彭布罗克日报"的头版文章
What? - The cover of the Daily?
-你下的禁言令… -别说"禁言令"这词了
The gag order that you placed-- - Stop saying gag order!
等等 不 想说就尽情说吧
Wait. No. Say it as much as you want.
谢谢你 劳丽 要是你看到乔恩 能不能告诉她我在找她
Thanks,xa0Laurie. If you see Joan, will you tell her I'm looking for her?
行 好的
Yep. Will do.
我知道你只是说了句无心话 不是他们那么理解的那样
I know that you didn't mean it the way they construed it.
不怪你
Not your fault.
我不该说那话
I shouldn't have said it.
我写了一份支持比尔的声明 我想赶在明天前交给你
I wrote a statement in support of Bill. I wanted you to have it before tomorrow.
你能不能交给委员会
Submit it to the committee, okay?
-我以为你就是委员会的 -你直接交给院长吧
I thought you were the committee. - Just, … directly to the dean.
只要不是我就行
Someone… Someone other than me.
你觉得巴伦教授怎么样
What's your take on Professor Barron?
他怎么了
What about him?
让他接管 当你的论文顾问怎么样
How would you feel about him taking over as your dissertation adviser?
我第一学期给他发了论文 看看他会不会给我意见
I… I sent him a paper my first semester to see if he'd give me some feedback.
从来没有回应
Never got a response.
我去跟他谈
I'll talk to him.
你这是把我放上救生艇
You're putting me on a lifeboat.
感觉是时候这么做了
Feels like it's time.
你有救生艇吗
Do you have one?
怎么了 亲爱的
What is it, darling girl?
别当着她的面哭
Don't cry in front of her.
会吓到她的
It will scare her.
我不怕
I'm not scared.
她能听懂
She understands.
嗨
Hi.
不 对不起 你不能这样 这样不合适…
No. I'm sorry, you can't. It's not okay for you--
-别… -我很难才鼓起了勇气 所以我…***
It took a lot to work up the courage, so I'm just--
但…慢着…你等等
But… Hang… Wait, wait.
你不能坐那儿
You can't sit there.
别脱外套 等等
Don't take your jacket off. Don't… Hold on.
等一下 天啊
Just one second. Jesus.
好了 你走的时候就从后门走吧
Okay, when you leave, you're gonna leave out the back door.
不 这样看起来就像是你没走
No, it's gonna look like you didn't leave.
我只想问你一件事 你要老实告诉我
I just wanna ask you something, and I want you to be honest.
如果你拒绝我 我也完全能接受
If the answer is no, I will be… I will be totally fine.
好吧 听着 我已经老得能当你♥爸♥爸了
Okay, look, I'm… I'm old enough to be your dad.
不管你自以为对我有什么感觉 这不…
And, whatever you think you feel about me, it's not--
-你的感受并不是关于我的 -等等
Your feelings aren't about me. - Wait.
你以为我是来这里上你的吗
You… You think I came here to try to fuck you?
-不是 -我没有冒犯你的意思…
No. - Because, no offense…
对啊 不是的
Yeah, no.
-那…对 -对
That's-- Yeah. - Yeah.
这就像是一出充满错误的荒唐闹剧
This is like a crazy comedy of errors.
是啊 我以后回想到这一刻 一定会捧腹大笑的
Yes, it is. I'm gonna look back on this moment and laugh.
是的 好吧 所以你依然…
Yeah, okay. So you're still…
你还在用同一家出版社吧 新兴出版社
You're still with the same publisher, right? The New Press?
我在想你会不会考虑 读我的第一本小说
I was just, wondering if you'd consider reading my first novel.
我要交给他们
I'm submitting it to them and I…
我不确定他们会不会 因为这件事跟你切断关系
I wasn't sure if they'd broken ties with you over this whole thing.
-可是… -这是什么时候…是今天的报纸吗
But-- - When did this… Is this today?
我不知道 昨天的
I don't know. Yesterday?
-天啊 -推特上都炸开了
Jesus Christ. - It's all over Twitter.
-我得走了 -所以我要…
I gotta go. - I'll just--
我把稿子留在这里吗我的书…
Should I just leave this here? My… My book.
很快就能看完了 你一口气就能读完
It's a quick read. You can do it in like one sitting.
-我很期待看到你的建议 -随便吧
I'd love to get your notes. - Whatever.
如果有人问起这事 就说我们没有上♥床♥ 好吗
Just… If anybody asks, we didn't fuck, okay?
小心
Careful, careful.
-比尔 -你好呀
Bill! - You.
怎么回事你又长高了吗
What's going on? Did you get taller again?
-你能留下来吃晚餐吗 -进去吧 快走
Can you stay for dinner? - Go inside. Move.
-你又不是我老板 -我就是
You're not the boss of me . - Yes, I am.
我一直都跟她这么说 但不幸的是 她就是我俩的老板
That's what I'm always telling her, but unfortunately for both of us, she is.
-能让他留下来吃晚餐吗 -不能
Can he stay for dinner? - No.
生活中所有美好的事物 都被你剥夺了
You take away everything good about life!
难怪没人想娶你
No wonder nobody wanted to marry you!
嗨
Hi.
我看到"彭布罗克日报"了 你没事吧
I saw the Daily. Are you okay?
我是校园极权主义的代表
I'm the face of totalitarianism on campus.
别问"这能算新鲜事吗"
Don't say, "What else is new?"
大家管我叫希♥特♥勒♥
I'm literally being called Hitler,
所以我不认为 极权主义的代表轮到你当
so I don't think you get to be the face of totalitarianism.
你赢了
You win.
我只是想说 我知道你想循规蹈矩、两头讨好
I'm just saying I know you were just trying to walk the line.
你活生生地证明了 这整个世界还没有疯
Listen, you're living proof this entire world hasn't gone completely insane.
-我不能跟你谈这事 -求你了 让我说完
I can't have this conversation. - Please, please. Let me finish.
我见过律师 她做了一份计划 让我能与校方达成和解
I met with a lawyer. She had this whole plan
如果他们要开除我 我可以起诉
about how I could get a settlement. If they try to fire me, I could sue.
于是我预想了未来的可能
So I played it out.
我可以去巴黎生活 创作伟大的文学作品
I could go live in Paris, produce great works of literature.
-真是太老套了 -你不在故事里
Well, that is a total cliché. - It didn't include you.
然后我想"为什么不能"
And then I was like, "Why can't it?"
他们这么对待我们
Don't tell me you wanna stay at that shithole
别告诉我你还想待在这个破地方
after the way they treated us.
我不能逃跑
I can't just run away.
我在这里投入了很多 我爸爸 珠珠…
I have a lot invested here. My dad, Ju Ju--
在这个假设下 我们会以一家人的形式去
In this scenario, we would go as a family.